PDA

View Full Version : New Brisbane Broncos Victory Song

DIEHARD
11-03-07, 08:45 AM
Well the Broncos have gone and done a smart thing. They apparently will have an AFL like victory song this year.

Potentially to be first played at Lang Park at round 1.

Brian Cullen said that he doesnt have time for AFL as a sport but admires their tradition of victory songs. I have to agree.

I just hope it is something classy and not corny. Beyond that it can only be a great thing for the Brisbane Broncos!

I hope the Titans one day follow suit.

shavenjas
12-03-07, 05:02 PM
a Victory song hey, i guess we will get to hear it plenty of times then. :yell:

Boofhead
12-03-07, 05:19 PM
SPOILER!!! :

"Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos..."

Capital_Shark
12-03-07, 05:24 PM
"If Locky retires .. we're up the sh!t, we're up the sh!t, we're up the sh!t"

etc, etc, etc

DIEHARD
12-03-07, 10:49 PM
SPOILER!!! :

"Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos...Lets go... Broncos..."

Hahahaha great call.

Hoppy2007Dragons
13-03-07, 02:52 PM
If Locky retires .. we're up the sh!t, we're up the sh!t, we're up the sh!t"

etc, etc, etc

Up **** creek without a paddle or a boat, in fact were neck high in it.

Queenslander
13-03-07, 03:09 PM
We also have a new horse (of course named Buck) who will be running around when the Broncos scored. FYI the horse is a white/grey palomino

DIEHARD
13-03-07, 06:04 PM
We also have a new horse (of course named Buck) who will be running around when the Broncos scored. FYI the horse is a white/grey palomino

Yea saw that on the news, got a new rider as well.

Dragons
13-03-07, 08:28 PM

It's your best looking cheergirl.

TITAN PETE
13-03-07, 10:24 PM
Yea saw that on the news, got a new rider as well.

They had to get a new rider as i'm sure that was the Grass Hopper(RIP) riding buck :noidea: .

DIEHARD
14-03-07, 09:28 AM
Broncos song riles Rabbitohs

RABBITOHS legends last night demanded Brisbane ditch a new victory tune which copies Souths famous club song, Glory Glory to South Sydney.

The Broncos have written new and contemporary lyrics to the old Souths theme song and may even play the tune after Friday night's match against North Queensland at Suncorp Stadium.

The song was played for the first time at Brisbane's season launch at Portside last Friday night.

Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen admitted receiving complaints about ripping off the historic Bunnies song.

And Souths former champions were not too pleased either.

"Why can't they go find another song and stop treating us like crap," said former forward Gary Stevens.

"There's a million songs out there ? why can't they just leave us alone. That song has been there with Souths from the beginning.

"Everyone knows that song ? it is very special. I still sing it to my grand kids.

"They should have more respect for us ? we are a foundation club.

"People will get the two songs mixed up anyway. It would be better for them to have a different song. What else could happen to us?"

Ex-Test and Souths back-rower Ron Coote agreed with Stevens.

"They could get another song," he said. "That is a sacred song. It is ritual at Souths.

"I think it's a bit ordinary."

Former hardman John Sattler added: "It was the song that was played when we won premiership from about 1966 onwards.

"The supporters sang the song probably more than the players."

The song will be played at fulltime after each home match.

Instead of Glory Glory to South Sydney, the Broncos song says: "Brisbane Broncos and we're proud."

"We have separate words and new lyrics pertaining to Brisbane and the Broncos," Cullen said yesterday.

"It's something we are working on. The only criticism we've received is that it's to the tune of the South Sydney song. That's an old call to arms song.

"But a few people have said Souths don't own the song and we should use it. We played it at our launch and people were stamping their feet and clapping along. It's got that tune."

Brisbane said they will make the song faster to differentiate it from the Souths' tune.

Cullen said he did not want any drama with Souths.

"I was asked if we should play it on Friday night and and I thought why not?," he said.

"I might play it for 'Richo' (Souths CEO Shane Richardson), give him a listen.

"If he is madly opposed then we could pull it. And that would please Richardson.

"Glory, Glory is a major part of our history and for our club going forward," Richardson said.

"There are a lot of songs on the market other than Glory, Glory.

"It's a tribute to the Rabbitohs. I don't see how it could be used by the Broncos."

Source: http://www.news.com.au

DIEHARD
14-03-07, 09:33 AM
Great idea to get a new club son, great way to absolutely ruin the idea as well.

I thoroughly agree that Glory Glory is a sacred song to Souths and copying just shows unoriginality and far worse gross disrespect.

How could any true rugby league fan sing this imposter song with any passion or feel any true ownership of it? :nope:

There are an infinite amount of songs out there and in a pool of rugby league club songs ankle deep, we have to copy another? And not just any, the most famous and well known.

With the resources and expertise at the disposal, there is no excuse for this and it is going to absolutely make Bunnies fans fo biserk...and rightfully so.

You can not steal club songs, which this basically is, a hijacking.

Must have been written in someones lunch break, it also shows disrespect to the Broncos themselves, not bothering to go to any length to deliver an original and personal song all Broncos fans can embrace.

I am astonished at this saga.

"If he is madly opposed then we could pull it. And that would please Richardson."

Great pull it and work on a new song. Don't throw the idea away, it was a great idea.

Queenslander
14-03-07, 10:25 AM
The only argument I can see for the Broncos is that "Glory Glory...." I assume is a public domain song so they can use it however they please (besides the Rabbitohs haven't use their victory song too much recently ;) )

However they could have come up with something original, but this comment is coming from someone who is yet to hear the final tune......it may in essence be similar to the Rabbitohs however it may have a modern twist....who knows!

Dakink
14-03-07, 01:22 PM
Garbage - if the Broncos want to change the words then go for it.

Im sick of poor little South Sydney crying "We are a foundation club" every time something happens - screw em, use it I say.

Capital_Shark
14-03-07, 01:23 PM
Maybe they figured such a good song shouldn't sit gathering dust and going unused next to some Casio keyboard from 1989.

DIEHARD
14-03-07, 01:44 PM
Garbage - if the Broncos want to change the words then go for it.

Im sick of poor little South Sydney crying "We are a foundation club" every time something happens - screw em, use it I say.

You'd be crying if a team stole the red V or something Dragons related.

The Bunnies have a right to cry if this song is a true hijacking. We need standards in rugby league, we need respect, we need originality and we need lines that aren't crossed.

Coaster
14-03-07, 01:49 PM
"Why can't they go find another song and stop treating us like crap," said former forward Gary Stevens.

"There's a million songs out there ? why can't they just leave us alone. That song has been there with Souths from the beginning.

"Everyone knows that song ? it is very special. I still sing it to my grand kids.

"They should have more respect for us ? we are a foundation club.

"People will get the two songs mixed up anyway. It would be better for them to have a different song. What else could happen to us?"

LOL Give that old man his tablets and send him to bed :lol!: :lol!:

Broncs should leave the song alone, go back to "Hey hey were the Broncos" :D

DIEHARD
14-03-07, 01:51 PM
Broncs should leave the song alone, go back to "Hey hey were the Broncos" :D

Hahaha I got that disc. Love that song! :D

I wonder why they never use it at games, one in a while at the least for a laugh.

Dakink
14-03-07, 02:19 PM
Guess Im the only one that cant stand the Bunnies and their continual whinging...

LOL

Anyways...

The Bunnies dont own the rights to the song..

DIEHARD
14-03-07, 02:44 PM
Anyways...

The Bunnies dont own the rights to the song..

Since when is this an issue about clinical legal ownership?

It's about moral ownership. And the Broncos respecting their own entity enough to create an original song. Let alone respecting rugby league tradition.

Dakink
14-03-07, 02:46 PM
For mine it is a non-issue any way.

Perhaps they "shouldnt" but...

Titanium_BD1103
20-03-07, 07:21 PM
I must say I have snippits of both on radio and I wonder why Brisbane chose that song.

It is very similar to the Souths song and that song is Red and Green through and through... it's a shame the Broncos couldn't be more original... but I guess that is their choice.

Hoppy2007Dragons
20-03-07, 08:00 PM
Why can't the Broncos just use, simply the best, i thought that was basically written for them anyway.

It is a souths song that they may not have used for years but its something they used for many years, i'm sure brisbane could come up with something more unique.

Steelers
20-03-07, 08:24 PM
Why don't they just use that stupid song they have before the start of the game and the start of the 2nd half?

Dragons
20-03-07, 08:38 PM
Let them use it. Look what happen to Souths they won all those premierships and then fell on there ****, then they got kicked out. There back now but maybe the "Glory Glory to the...." is the Karma the Crushers are looking for.