PDA

View Full Version : Fans put Queensland in Big League!

DIEHARD
11-03-07, 03:58 AM
Fans put us in big league

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5413270,00.jpg

Almost 100,000 football fans are set to stream through the Suncorp Stadium turnstiles as part of what promises to be the biggest weekend in Queensland rugby league history.

In a blockbusting double-header next weekend, reigning NRL premier Brisbane will host North Queensland in the annual Round 1 clash on Friday night before competition newcomers Gold Coast take on St George Illawarra on Sunday afternoon.

More than 44,000 tickets for the Queensland derby on Friday night have already been snapped up, while almost 40,000 fans have booked their seats for the Titans' historic first premiership match.

With the box office still open and interest in the code booming, both matches could be played in front of capacity crowds at the home of Queensland rugby league.

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen stressed that there were plenty of good tickets left for the match-up with the Cowboys, as Suncorp Stadium could accommodate 52,500 patrons.

"It's very difficult to completely fill the stadium, especially for a club game, so we are not there yet," he said.

"People should get in early and get their tickets this week and if we still haven't put up the 'House Full' sign on Friday then they should head to the ground and be a part of what should be a wonderful occasion.

"To get almost 100,000 people from this region in for two games on the one weekend is just great for rugby league.

"We don't begrudge the Gold Coast bringing their game here. It's tremendous that we are both going to get great crowds."

The NRL annual launch will be in Queensland for the first time when the game's stars gather on the Gold Coast on Wednesday night to kick off the 2007 season.

Source: http://www.news.com.au

DIEHARD
11-03-07, 04:00 AM
Love seeing the pic of the three girls with the three Queensland NRL club jerseys on.

I have waited so very long to have three Queensland club!

It is also great to see that they are three distinct brands/entities.

It is going to be an absolutely amazing year for Queensland rugby league, even the Queensland Cup is looking great.

Steel Dragon
11-03-07, 03:08 PM
Love seeing the pic of the three girls with the three Queensland NRL club jerseys on.

Is it the jerseys or the girls that particularly intersts you mate? ;)

I think both games will go very close to selling out. Would be nice to get to both, but I'm not made of money. Good to see old Bruno has changed his tune about the Gold Coast playing in Brisbane. Previously, it sounded very much like the Broncos begrudged the Titans occupying their dung hill.

Jason

Steve
11-03-07, 03:40 PM
"We don't begrudge the Gold Coast bringing their game here. It's tremendous that we are both going to get great crowds.

Hah. Shouldn't be too hard to dig up the articles where they WERE begrudging the Gold Coast taking the game to Suncorp, saying that it'd pull people away from the Broncos/Cowboys game.

Still, definitely going to be a great weekend of footy!
I won't be going to the friday match, but I might just watch it live on the telly. :D

mr jemo
11-03-07, 03:47 PM
i had to add that

Capital_Shark
11-03-07, 04:00 PM
Where are the bronzed QLD sun soaked beauties? The Cowboys and Titans girls look like they'd avoid the sun and bulbs over 80 watts at all costs.

Old Diehard
11-03-07, 07:17 PM
Mate from my quick glimse of the three girls - you must be awfully fusey!

Capital_Shark
11-03-07, 07:42 PM
Mate from my quick glimse of the three girls - you must be awfully fusey!

When your as god-like as I am you can be fussy.

haha

Not that I'd turn any of those lovely ladies down, its just that albino doesn't come to mind when I think of girls from QLD.