PDA

View Full Version : What is your Super League club?

DIEHARD
10-03-07, 03:21 AM
Which Rugby Super League club do you follow?

Go_The_Doggies
10-03-07, 01:35 PM
TBH I don't have a preferred club, I just cheer on all the Kiwi boys!

Future Star
10-03-07, 03:14 PM
I support Bradfor, i dream to go there in the middle of my nrl career (like, when im 25), for two years, and then come back to play for the Raiders.

It probably wont happen, i probably wont even makie it, but watever.

DeeGan
10-03-07, 03:19 PM
Leeds Rhinos!

If I was game to take my picture our featuring me and Ellery Hanley (one of the best players I have ever seen and a guy I would put in any all-time 17) arm in arm out of the frame, I would post it :laugh:

I went to the UK in '94 and fell in love with the Leeds club whilst there in 93-94 as a young teenager - it was magic just being there in the crowd watching the club LIVE. I hope to get back there one day, with any luck, it will be when the Titans are pitted against the Rhinos in the World Club Challenge Cup :D

PROMETHEUS
10-03-07, 05:05 PM
London-A mate of mine does the music for them on game day,hes an expat who married a pommy girl so i doubt hes coming back to oz.

West_Titan
11-04-07, 01:57 AM
To go along with my support with the Renault F1 team i have decided to stick with the French and i have jumped on board the Catalans team and will be a loyal supporter forever. Gooo Dragons!!!

Dragons are also having a great start to the 07 season, hope they keep it up and make the finals!!

quins rl
02-05-07, 12:27 PM
Been a follower of Fulham/London Crusaders/London Broncos/Harlequins since the 80s,really miss going to the games,only small crowds,but the atmosphere at English S.L. games is brilliant.
Peter Gill (ex Gold Coast Seagull) used to play for London and is still held in very high regard there.
Go the mighty Quins !!!!

Steelers
02-05-07, 02:11 PM
Wigan, because Baz is over there :p

Dakink
02-05-07, 03:24 PM
Dragons all the way.

Barrett couldnt have gone to a worse team..

Dirtydog
08-05-07, 01:46 PM
Go the Dragons, its a pity that they suck so bad..

MonaroMan
11-05-07, 06:23 PM
Bradford Bulls, because my last name is Bradford :p

SuperCliffy#01
27-07-07, 01:55 PM
I went to Gt Britain on a Kangaroo Supporters Tour in 1990 and became a Wigan supporter.:)

quins rl
30-07-07, 10:55 AM
Not a good week for Wigan fans!!:) ,4 points deducted for salary cap breaches (again!) and stunned in the Challenge cup semi-final against Les Catalans!

HodgoBerro
30-07-07, 11:13 AM
I've been looking out for Casey McGuire a former broncos player at Les Catalans

I'm sure that will change when Shaun Berrigan plays for Hull FC next year.

wakefield wildcat
23-10-07, 05:43 AM
I was born in Castleford west Yorkshire but I support the Wildcats (Wakefield) :)

redback71
01-02-08, 07:04 PM
Rhinos for sure.

hully gully
17-02-08, 04:07 PM
followed this team all through the glory days pre super league,could never seem to get that challege cup. limiting it to 5 inter-nationals lead to them slipping down the ladder.as long as they beat east hull rivals kr its not so bad

Locky24
18-02-08, 10:02 PM
Leeds Rhinos because leeds is my last name and ive been following them for a few years now

Helen
10-03-08, 01:04 PM
Bradford Bulls, because my last name is Bradford :p

I chose St. Helen's the start of last year because of the name. Not that I am much of a Saint :D

Helen

audio
04-07-08, 12:05 AM
Leeds - i've got some family there.

Dragons
04-07-08, 07:18 PM
Go the Dragons, it good for French League.

DIEHARD
12-07-11, 11:04 AM
Go the Dragons, it good for French League.

They are killing it Les Cats, just disposed of Leeds. :thumbsup:

What an inspiration, lots of French players and great crowds.

Id say they are my 2nd club, I support Crusaders. But if Harlequins rebrand to my satisfaction I might support them as well.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
31-07-11, 01:32 PM
Quins need all the support they can get with crowds only around the 2,000 mark lol, but then again I shouldn't make fun of my Super League club lol.

DIEHARD
31-07-11, 02:29 PM
Well with a joke is a brand like Quins you cant expect much. We are a small sport and we need attention so it makes no sense to latch on to... clone the brand of one club in another rival sport.

Hardly the best drag net to get support.

But they recently did a survey to fans on all things from logo, mascot, colours and home ground.

I am furious that the Crusaders wont be in Super League next year. I have been so pissed off in years.

Les Catalans are my team now...

shamus
12-02-18, 09:14 AM
Sorry...an 11 year old thread but I never gave a toss about Super League until Dave Mead signed with Catalans. So they are now my team. :) I watched their game against St Helens last night and they are not going to win many. Very similar to the (old pre Brennan) Titans when close to the opposition try line....they were totally lost.

On another note the games are officiated* in a totally different way than the NRL. No putting on report, instead 10 in the bin or send off. One of each occurred in this game. There was also an obvious accidental off side when Catalans kicked off and should have been a penalty 10 out from the St Helens line but played was allowed to go on. (Really obvious) Not that the Dragons would have known what to do anyways.

*I could have said reffed but I wanted to use a big word and impress Titanic.

Dave played well and Birdy played with his heart on his sleeve as per usual.

P.S. Dave broke his nose the previous week 15 minutes into the game against Widnes. I saw a photo of his face 2 days later. His eyes were so puffed up they appeared closed and his nose......well his nose was all over his face if you know what I mean.

DIEHARD
13-02-18, 02:00 AM
Sorry...an 11 year old thread but I never gave a toss about Super League until Dave Mead signed with Catalans. So they are now my team. :) I watched their game against St Helens last night and they are not going to win many. Very similar to the (old pre Brennan) Titans when close to the opposition try line....they were totally lost.

On another note the games are officiated* in a totally different way than the NRL. No putting on report, instead 10 in the bin or send off. One of each occurred in this game. There was also an obvious accidental off side when Catalans kicked off and should have been a penalty 10 out from the St Helens line but played was allowed to go on. (Really obvious) Not that the Dragons would have known what to do anyways.

P.S. Dave broke his nose the previous week 15 minutes into the game against Widnes. I saw a photo of his face 2 days later. His eyes were so puffed up they appeared closed and his nose......well his nose was all over his face if you know what I mean.

That's really great that you now have an interest in Super League, and great choice of team too!

I'm hoping that the London Broncos get promoted soon. I'm really encouraged by the Super League teams playing in Australia.

I think there should be more partnerships between Super League and NRL clubs.

teke
13-02-18, 02:32 PM

P.S. Dave broke his nose the previous week 15 minutes into the game against Widnes. I saw a photo of his face 2 days later. His eyes were so puffed up they appeared closed and his nose......well his nose was all over his face if you know what I mean.I disagree about not winning many this season. The game v St Helens was a massive difference to their game v Widnes the previous week. They will get better as the season rolls on and they should easily make the 8 remembering they had 16 players in the world cup no preseason and only 1 trial.

Their number 12 Garcia is a quality ball runner

Titanic
20-02-18, 07:55 AM
@Shamus ... I was certainly impressed by your word selection and can only hope that the rest of the dinosaurs on here follow your lead in realising that a Thesaurus is not some prehistoric creature.

I also agree with you that the Catalans have looked ordinary this year. They have always been my SL club and as teke posted they will make the eight but they won't threaten for silverware. It's an ageing roster.

teke
26-02-18, 03:53 AM
@Shamus ... I was certainly impressed by your word selection and can only hope that the rest of the dinosaurs on here follow your lead in realising that a Thesaurus is not some prehistoric creature.

I also agree with you that the Catalans have looked ordinary this year. They have always been my SL club and as teke posted they will make the eight but they won't threaten for silverware. It's an ageing roster.ACtually i dont think they'll make the 8 unless they can get the bodies back...halfs and hookers are taking turns being injured or suspended but they can certainly play alot better than last yr

DIEHARD
27-02-18, 09:32 PM
We got some rumours of a Super League restructure on the way. I think they really need to be careful not to kill off smaller clubs, especially ones who were part of the famous break away from rugby union.

The inclusions of Toronto, an American side, Toulouse and London are being discussed.

teke
25-03-18, 04:11 PM
We got some rumours of a Super League restructure on the way. I think they really need to be careful not to kill off smaller clubs, especially ones who were part of the famous break away from rugby union.

The inclusions of Toronto, an American side, Toulouse and London are being discussed.Simply moving the competition from Winter to summer would improve it massively. The first 10 rds of the comp is played in mud or snow and the quality of the footy is crap