PDA

View Full Version : Origin 2007: Game I & III Tickets

Queenslander
09-03-07, 06:28 PM
Origin Tickets On Sale March 21

GENERAL seating for Games I and III of this year?s Harvey Norman State of Origin series goes on sale through Ticketek on Wednesday, March 21.

To be released at 9am, the tickets will be available online at www.ticketek.com.au , phoning 132 849 or by visiting your nearest Ticketek outlet.

Game I is to be held on Wednesday, May 23 at Suncorp Stadium, with Game III held at the same venue on Wednesday, July 4.

Please note that a maximum of six tickets can be purchased per individual for each event. Credit and Debit cards can only be used for one transaction per event.

The QRL retains the right to invalidate any tickets purchased outside these guidelines, as well as those offered for resale at a price higher than the face value.

It is strongly advised that all customers check and understand the conditions of sale with Ticketek, as breaches can result in disappointment in gaining entry to events.

Above all, the QRL expects co-operation from purchasers in the interests of fair play for all supporters.

Pricing for tickets to both Origin games at Brisbane?s Suncorp Stadium are as follows:

PREMIUM - $105
CATEGORY 2 - $86.50
CATEGORY 3&4 - $69 (Adult) / $40 Concession
CATEGORY 5&6 - $40 Adult / $27.20 Concession

The normal Ticketek booking fee of $3.40 applies to each ticket. Free public transport on the day of the event is covered under the price of purchase.

A limited number of restricted visibility seats are also available for discounted prices.

Fans interested in purchasing State of Origin tickets may also like to be reminded that general seating for the April 20 Bundaberg Rum Test between Australia and New Zealand at Suncorp Stadium is already on sale through Ticketek.

* Fans are reminded that Ticketek online customers must be registered MyTicketek members. In order for purchases to be processed swiftly, it is advised customers register in advance of the date of sale.

www.qrl.com.au

DIEHARD
09-03-07, 06:46 PM
Eeeepppp, will the ticket purchasing never end?

You got Titans games, Broncos games, the relocated Bulldogs/Cowboys game, trial matches, Anzac Test and State of Origin 1 and 3.

DIEHARD
21-03-07, 02:15 AM
On sale today guys, get 'em while they are hot.

Might be some Titans representatives!

DIEHARD
21-03-07, 02:06 PM
Origin tickets snapped up

RUGBY league fans snapped up State of Origin tickets at a rate of almost 1500 a minute this morning.

Tickets for the first and third games of league's showcase series at Suncorp Stadium went on sale at 9am and 10,000 for the May 23 series opener sold within seven minutes.
By 9.23am that figure had reached 23,606.

The only tickets left were stand-alone seats or restricted visibility seats.

More than 30,000 tickets had sold for Game Three.

Source: Courier Mail

qld power
21-03-07, 02:41 PM
Eeeepppp, will the ticket purchasing never end?

You got Titans games, Broncos games, the relocated Bulldogs/Cowboys game, trial matches, Anzac Test and State of Origin 1 and 3.

hey diehard is that relocated dogs cowboys for the round after origin 1 just humming and harrings about coming over

TDoGGBulldog
21-03-07, 05:28 PM
This years origin will be a great series with QLD winning it last year.
The emotions will rise once again in May and Suncorp will be packed with Maroon and White passion!

Looking forward to the Rep season, Unfortunatley, I wont be attending any games :(

Cowboy Titan
21-03-07, 05:46 PM
hey diehard is that relocated dogs cowboys for the round after origin 1 just humming and harrings about coming over
You can come over for a huge week of League. We've got Origin 1 and the following weekend, The Titans are playing at Carrara and Broncos & Cowboys at Suncorp.

I assume the NRL will spread the games over 3 days. I'll be at Origin, the Titans & Cowboys games. Don't know how I'll hold up though. I'm still buggered after taking the 4 kids to the Cowboys & Titans last weekend.

By the way, my daughter, Jessica, was pictured in Monday's Bulletin in the top left corner of page 5 leaning over the fence.

qld power
21-03-07, 06:27 PM
any updates on tickets to origin 1 left

Queenslander
21-03-07, 06:39 PM
any updates on tickets to origin 1 left

Game One is a sell out, Game Three is pretty much single seats only...Will give an update soon.

Hoppy2007Dragons
21-03-07, 06:39 PM
Yay, my gf got us two tickets for origin one 11 rows back on the corner post angle stand, we are in unlicensed(cheaper, easier to get and we both have to get up early) so that worked out well.

But my mother got 6 tickets for game 3 in licensed.

So excited go the blues, good luck to everyone else trying for tickets.

Queenslander
21-03-07, 06:43 PM
Game One Tickets:

cat 1 licensed Alloc. Exhausted
cat 2 licensed Alloc. Exhausted
cat 3 licensed Alloc. Exhausted
cat 4 unlicensed Alloc. Exhausted
cat 5 licensed Alloc. Exhausted
cat 6 unlicensed Alloc. Exhausted
cat 1 obst view Alloc. Exhausted
cat 2 obst view Alloc. Exhausted
cat 3 obst view Single seats only
cat 4 obst vw unlic Alloc. Exhausted
cat 5 obst view Alloc. Alloc. Exhausted
cat 6 obst vw unlic Alloc. Exhausted

Game Three Tickets:

cat 1 licenced Alloc. Exhausted
cat 2 licenced Single seats only
cat 3 licenced Single seats only
cat 4 unlicenced Single seats only
cat 5 licenced Single seats only
cat 6 unlicenced Single seats only
cat 1 obs view Available
cat 2 obs view Available
cat 3 obs view Available
cat 4 obs view unlic Limited seats only
cat 5 obs view Available
cat 6 obs view unlic Limited seats only

qld power
24-03-07, 02:22 PM
hey queenslander is origin 1 tickets completley gone now?

Queenslander
24-03-07, 02:26 PM
hey queenslander is origin 1 tickets completley gone now?

Yes, however a small number of tickets will be brought out in the future for both games due to the QRL's anti-scalping policy.

DIEHARD
24-03-07, 05:55 PM
Well done Queensland.

Darren Lockyer
29-03-07, 08:23 PM
yay i managed to get tickets for origin 1....yay

Queenslander
30-03-07, 04:57 PM
Queensland Origin Tickets Reoffered

A CHECK of orders placed by the public on the Ticketek website for tickets to the two Harvey Norman State of Origin matches at Suncorp Stadium has revealed a considerable number of breaches of the agreed Conditions of Sale.

Persons who breached these conditions are being notified by Ticketek of the cancellation of their orders.

These breaches include exceeding the limit of six tickets to each event, using a debit or credit card more than once and using a card in a different name to the Ticketek account holder.

The relevant tickets will be reinstated on the Ticketek system and offered again to the public.

Adequate notice of this release date will be given on the QRL website ? www.qrl.com.au

Managing Director of the Queensland Rugby League Ross Livermore warned that persons who have placed an order which has been processed, either successfully or unsuccessfully, are precluded from ordering any further tickets.

www.qrl.com.au

Steve
30-03-07, 05:00 PM
They made hot cakes sell more like last week's bread!

Sadly I still haven't been to an origin match. As a blues supporter i'd rather do that in Sydney. Looks like i'll have plenty of time to get game 2 tickets if I decide to do that!

Steel Dragon
31-03-07, 01:27 AM
It is one of my dreams to go to an origin at Suncorp - in my Blues jersey! But you !@#$%^&* Queenslanders snap up the tickets every year before I have a chance to get one.

Jason ;)

Cowboy Titan
31-03-07, 08:19 AM
using a card in a different name to the Ticketek account holder.
I didn't know that rule.

I wonder how many people used their partner's/family member's Credit Card to make the booking on their account. They'll be disappointed.

qld power
31-03-07, 08:54 AM
yah i may still be able to come over for origin 1 and meet up with some of u at either the broncs titans or cowboys game as well

Capital_Shark
31-03-07, 02:26 PM
I didn't know that rule.

I wonder how many people used their partner's/family member's Credit Card to make the booking on their account. They'll be disappointed.

I didn't know that one either. The limit to game 1 last year was 8 tickets, I got 8 on another person's credit card, and was planning to do the same for game 2 as me and boys decided last night we'd go again. I might have to be a bit careful this time round, I'd never hear the end of it from my mates if our guaranteed SOO tickets never arrived.

Social Loafer
31-03-07, 03:33 PM
When are tickets for game II on sale? Me and some mates might also make the trek up. I think I was suppose to get a letter from the Raiders telling me when our exclusive booking period is..

Capital_Shark
31-03-07, 04:30 PM
SOO II tickets went on sale March 29 to general public.

qld power
04-04-07, 05:21 PM
if any one can help me get deinfaltey 1 maybe 3 origin tickets to game 1 canthey pm, me

Cowboy Titan
04-04-07, 07:52 PM
SOO II tickets went on sale March 29 to general public.
It's interesting to note that Qld sold 104,000 seats in 24 hours. A week into sales for the Sydney game, there's still plenty of seats available in every category.

Hoppy2007Dragons
04-04-07, 09:21 PM
For game one the 6 ticket rule at suncorp is s**t,i have 2 tickets as with family and gf there is 9 of us, i'll be in a blues jersey with my queensland gf, (no dad to protect me against the violent queenslanders.) lol

very happy i got ticks though, i got tickets to game 2 last year, but they were up the back and obscured view, so hopefully being closer will be a better atmosphere.

Queenslander
03-05-07, 10:49 AM
Scalped Tickets Cancelled

THE Queensland Police Service and the Queensland Rugby League today issued a stark reminder to persons thinking of scalping tickets to State of Origin matches in Queensland.

A person who purchased six tickets to the first Origin match in May has had these cancelled following an endeavour to scalp them on the eBay auction site.

This action follows the introduction last year of Anti Scalping Legislation by the Queensland Government.

?Not only has this person done his money cold, he won?t see the game and is leaving himself open to prosecution under the Legislation.? QRL Managing Director, Ross Livermore said today.

He said persons who have purchased tickets to the Origin matches do so under the conditions determined by the League and spelt out clearly on the ticketing agent?s website.

?I would encourage any person who is thinking of selling a ticket to again read those conditions before proceeding. It can become an expensive exercise," Livermore said.

Members of the public need to be aware of the requirements, which will eliminate the risk of prosecution and the cancellation of tickets without compensation.

Conditions regarding the on-sale of tickets are provided at the time of the original purchase and further information is provided on respective venue websites. Warnings are also posted on certain on-line internet auction websites.

Partnerships formed between police, event organisers, ticket agents and on-line internet auction organisations are combating ticket scalping. This joint approach involves providing public awareness of the legislation requirements.

Police continue to successfully use the recent legislative changes to investigate and enforce alleged ticket scalping offences to events at major sporting and entertainment facilities.

Members of the public should exercise caution when purchasing tickets, other than from the original point of sale.

For more information regarding ticket scalping refer to website www.msfa.qld.gov.au

Any tickets cancelled because of breaches of the Conditions of Sale will be donated to a charity of the League?s choosing.

www.qrl.com.au

qld power
03-05-07, 06:43 PM
yah im going to origin 1 now got me ticket we should have a gathering and maybe meal before the game if ppl are intersted

Queenslander
22-05-07, 08:08 PM
Charity Picks Up Scalped Tickets

YOUNG people and carers from the Down Syndrome Association of Queensland have been the beneficiaries of a combined Queensland Rugby League and Queensland Government crackdown on online scalping.

Selected as the QRL charity of choice, the DSAQ will take the seats of any cancelled tickets when State of Origin I kicks off at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow night, Wednesday May 23.

The expedition to the famous Cauldron is set to further bond the tight-knit organisation, which has over 1000 members around the State, but only three part-time staff at its humble Stafford base.

?This will be a great buzz for many of our members. We?ve got some true rugby league fanatics among the group,? president Sandra Mayberry said.

?I?m not sure I should say this, but we will actually have a good mix of Queensland fans and New South Wales fans. Even among families we have parents going for one team and children barracking for the other.?

With a charter to empower Queenslanders with Down Syndrome as valued and contributing members of the community, DSAQ has existed since 1976.

The organisation runs several programs to assist with participation in the workforce and other community activities, such as sport.

The DSAQ?s ?Club Rainbow?, which helps young members form friendships and make informed life choices, was backed in its inception by the Brisbane Broncos.

Of the current Queensland Maroons team, debutant Neville Costigan has a younger brother, John, who lives with Down Syndrome.

This marks the third year the QRL has invalidated tickets connected with online scalping and donated the seats to a community organisation. Previous recipients were the Starlight Foundation and Make A Wish Foundation.

www.qrl.com.au

RLfan
23-05-07, 11:02 AM
Every year I ring tickettek and never ever get through to the operators. I was on the phone from 9 till 4 and still miss out. Every freakin year.

Cowboy Titan
23-05-07, 11:19 AM
Every year I ring tickettek and never ever get through to the operators. I was on the phone from 9 till 4 and still miss out. Every freakin year.
I've always found the internet to be the best way to get the tickets. A few years back I lined up at Ticketek a few hours before they went on sale. I was 16th in the line so I thought I'd get good seats. By the time I got to the front, all I could get was the back row in restricted viewing seats.

Steel Dragon
23-05-07, 12:06 PM
It's interesting to note that Qld sold 104,000 seats in 24 hours. A week into sales for the Sydney game, there's still plenty of seats available in every category.

Unfortunately not all of my fellow New South Welshman share my passion for the Blues and loathing of that dirty red rag. Particularly in Sydney, so many of them can't let go of deepset inter-club hatred and cheer together for the one team.The same problem that plagued the Blues players in the early days of Origin, and probably still does for some of them.

I'd personally give my left butt-cheek to get to the Origin in Sydney, but it is unfortunately not feasible since I live in Brisbane. I'd dearly love for the first time in my life to watch an Origin game surrounded by my fellow Blues fans (and I'm from NSW!)

Jason

Steve
23-05-07, 12:18 PM
I'd personally give my left butt-cheek to get to the Origin in Sydney, but it is unfortunately not feasible since I live in Brisbane. I'd dearly love for the first time in my life to watch an Origin game surrounded by my fellow Blues fans (and I'm from NSW!)

Jason

I want to do this too, which is why I haven't bothered going to Suncorp for a game. I want it to be in Sydney!
Maybe next year.

And i'd agree, the website is the easiest way, unless you're the very first person in line at the ticketek office. I've waited over half an hour for 2 people infront of me to decide what they want. :|

Boofhead
23-05-07, 12:54 PM
By the time I logged onto Ticketek, the only game one seats that were ajacent were nose bleeders. Manged to get 3 decent seats for Game 3.

Big J
23-05-07, 01:05 PM
Note to self: Whenever trying to get sought after tickets for any game or event find the number for the most regional ticketek office you can find. As soon as tickets go on sale ring them and they will dead set fall off their perches that they have a call and you will have no dramas getting tickets.

RLfan
23-05-07, 04:25 PM
Well looks like I will have to do my shopping over the internet next year. Though I would probably try the regional office tactic first.

The only way I would want to watch a live game in Sydney is if Queensland won. Just so I could see the Blues supporters sad sad faces.:laugh: :laugh:

Hoppy2007Dragons
23-05-07, 04:52 PM
Note to self: Whenever trying to get sought after tickets for any game or event find the number for the most regional ticketek office you can find. As soon as tickets go on sale ring them and they will dead set fall off their perches that they have a call and you will have no dramas getting tickets.

Now that myer doesn't sell tickets, i'm pretty sure the ticketek number is straight to the main office in brisbane, nice idea though.

I don't think there are regional offices.