PDA

View Full Version : What one player are you hoping we get for 2007?

DeeGan
22-09-05, 06:29 PM
What one player are you hoping we get for 2007?

There is plenty of interest in the playing roster of the Titans for 2007, at the moment, we have some world class players on the books (Bailey, Campbell and Carney) and no doubt John Cartwright, Trevor Gillmeister and Scotty Sattler will be looking at a few more over the next 12-18 months.

Is Jamie Lyon our next key signing? The world class centre from Oz is tearing up the Super League competition with St Helens and is favourite to win their Man of Steel Award crowning their premiere player in the competition.

What about Scott Prince? The Tigers halfback right now is perhaps the second best halfback in the NRL competition behind the great Andrew Johns and is off contract after 2006, the prospect of a Prince-Campbell combination is a mouth watering to say the least for Titans fans.

Who would you like to see signed, sealed and delivered for the 2007 season?

Cheers

DeeGan

Cliffy GC
22-09-05, 07:44 PM
Mick Monaghan so he leaves manly (jokes)

I think another big prop would be great someone like omeley would be awesome u can never have enough forwards.

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 07:48 PM
Tim Smith please.

sinkn annie
22-09-05, 08:14 PM
Go for Bwett....Wicky dont like him no more.

eelectrica
22-09-05, 08:18 PM
Tim Smith is staying an Eel :p

KingoftheGoldCoast
22-09-05, 08:56 PM
What about Craig Wing- he's off contract next year.

TITANMAN
22-09-05, 09:03 PM
Ali Lau'ititi would cut sick here. What about Reg?

TITANMAN
22-09-05, 09:14 PM
Oh and one other player:

Ken "Big Dog" Lee.

6 ft 7, 120kg, runs 100 in 23.2 seconds, cant pass, cant tackle.

Ultimate Fullback....

Chaos
22-09-05, 10:12 PM
DeeGan...you are on the right track.
Jamie Lyon and Scott Prince would be the top two on my list.
Willy Tonga is another I would be looking at.

Is there a list of players that come off contract for us to view?

footyfan09
22-09-05, 10:14 PM
yeah scott prince would be the main one because you never no Benji might follow

coldhardbitch
22-09-05, 10:30 PM
I'd like to see us sign Lance Hohaia for halfback. a very underrated player

footyfan09
22-09-05, 11:01 PM
yeah and Jerome Ropati i like the name lol

Snow
23-09-05, 05:32 AM
i have 3 i would love to see in the centres

1.Nigal Vagana
2.Willy Tonga
3.Paul Whatuira

Christabella
23-09-05, 08:40 AM
i have 3 i would love to see in the centres

2.Willy Tonga

All sources say this is very likely. He only re-signed for one season and from what I have heard he may be looking at moving closer to home. Although I hope it's not true, given that the Dogs have lost so many centres in recent times.

Mitch
23-09-05, 08:47 AM
yea i hope u dont sign Tonga either, but if if he wants to be closer to home its his choice.
3 players that would be good here i think would be

1. Ali Lauiti'tti - Doubt it will happen tho coz he is carving ESL up.
2. Luke O'Donnell - Gun 2nd rower
3. Ma'a Nonu - Was thinking of converting to League, would be great.

Dakink
23-09-05, 09:20 AM
I would be looking very closely at Greensheilds pending on how the injuries at the Dragons go next year. Has been a revelaion at fullback this year and with HEad back from injury "could" find himself playing back up to Hornby again.

Duff85
23-09-05, 10:09 AM
Ill tell you what I don't want... Broncos and Cowboy rejects... I don't want to pick up the ones that they discard just because their on the market. The Sea Gulls seemed to have a bit of a thing with doing that! I'd personally love to see the Titans raid the Queensland Cup. There is so much talent!

Maybe we could sign Steve Matai from Manly! :D

Titans#1
23-09-05, 10:39 AM
Although I am no longer a Canberra fan, I am a fan of Matt Gaffa, watched him play this season? He has been outstanding.

Mavfan
23-09-05, 11:37 AM
Id like to see Mark Minichiello come down.

Reports state that he isnt happy at souths, and i think he'd fit in well with Anthony Laffrenchi in the back row.

For my mind, Mark Minichiello.

Dakink
23-09-05, 11:38 AM
Id like to see Mark Minichiello come down.

Reports state that he isnt happy at souths, and i think he'd fit in well with Anthony Laffrenchi in the back row.

For my mind, Mark Minichiello.

Another I think that would bring a good work ethic to the club.

bruski
23-09-05, 03:15 PM
Oh and one other player:

Ken "Big Dog" Lee.

6 ft 7, 120kg, runs 100 in 23.2 seconds, cant pass, cant tackle.

Ultimate Fullback....
Titanman and other forum members, I think this player would be of great service to the club, I do here that he is quite a bit faster than 23.2, more like 12.2 and has got a great offload under pressure.....He also does not have to tackle as players submitt rather than being tackled by him......Has been known to pass of the back of a ruck or maul to put a man into a whole too!!!

:D

smerk
23-09-05, 04:20 PM
Anyone got a list of some players off-contract in 2006?

Dakink
23-09-05, 04:24 PM
check here, http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=63

DIEHARD
23-09-05, 04:24 PM
I am a big fan of Nick Parfitt.

smerk
23-09-05, 04:25 PM
Ah, cheers Dakink.

Mavfan
23-09-05, 04:26 PM
I am a big fan of Nick Parfitt.

Yeah i wouldnt mind seeing the GC grab Parfitt off the Broncos. He has been with them for 3 years now, for absolute nothing.

smerk
23-09-05, 04:28 PM
From a quick glance at that list:

Fui Fui Moi Moi
Clint Greenshields
Willie Tonga
Tame Tupou
Bryce Gibbs
Awen Guttenbiel

Mavfan
23-09-05, 04:33 PM
From a quick glance at that list:

Fui Fui Moi Moi
Clint Greenshields
Willie Tonga
Tame Tupou
Bryce Gibbs
Awen Guttenbiel

Throw

Anthony Minichiello
Craig Fitzgibbon
Ran Cross
Adrian Morley
Jamie Soward
Joel Monaghan
And all three Paea Boys, and you have a quarter of the roosters salary cap

Dakink
23-09-05, 04:34 PM
Roosters salary cap - does anyone know what that really is? ;)

Dakink
23-09-05, 04:35 PM
*Give Mavfan a little poke in the ribs*

Mavfan
23-09-05, 04:38 PM
Roosters salary cap - does anyone know what that really is? ;)

Lol.

Id say its pretty even money. Though, alot of Behind the door payments would of been made, i have no doubt over that.

The fact that the roosters are losing Jason Cayless, Micheal Crocker, Luke Ricketson, George Rose, Stuart Webb, Brett Firman's contract is fully handed over to the cowboys after this season, and you could say that the Chooks are sitting comfortably on the salary cap.

DIEHARD
23-09-05, 04:47 PM
Willie Tonga and Greg Inglis.

Dakink
23-09-05, 04:49 PM
When is Inglis off contract? Would you play him wing/centre or fullback?

I would love him in the centres with Greensheilds at the back. I think he is one young player that will do as well in his second year as his first. Seems to have a really cool head on his shoulders, he has a lot of pressure being at the back of the Dragons and handles it really well.

Titanium_BD1103
23-09-05, 04:59 PM
I hope Tonga stays at the Bulldogs... he really works well there.. however if he was to go to any other club.. I would say go to this one...

I reckon Inglis and Prince are good signing, you have done well already with Campbell and Bailey... :)

titanfan101
23-09-05, 05:14 PM
Jamie Lyon (and he will probably take the offer)
Clint Greenshields
Greg Inglis (can play centre, handy if Greenshields is injured)
Ma'a Nonu (come on, he played for the All Blacks)
Graham Appo (now this guy can work wonders. He blitzed the rest of SL 2 years ago and hates Warington because they dumped him for Andrew Johns.)

smerk
23-09-05, 06:32 PM
Inglis would be a huge signing.

smerk
23-09-05, 06:37 PM
Greg Eastwood is another that would be a worthy signing.

Christabella
23-09-05, 07:09 PM
When is Inglis off contract? Would you play him wing/centre or fullback?

I would love him in the centres with Greensheilds at the back. I think he is one young player that will do as well in his second year as his first. Seems to have a really cool head on his shoulders, he has a lot of pressure being at the back of the Dragons and handles it really well.

I'm pretty sure he is contracted to the Storm until 2008.

Chaos
23-09-05, 08:23 PM
Yes Titanfan, Graham Appo is a local junior.
He will thrive in front of his family and friends.

Are we looking at any other local juniors?

TITANMAN
23-09-05, 10:23 PM
Jamie Lyon (and he will probably take the offer)
Clint Greenshields
Greg Inglis (can play centre, handy if Greenshields is injured)
Ma'a Nonu (come on, he played for the All Blacks)
Graham Appo (now this guy can work wonders. He blitzed the rest of SL 2 years ago and hates Warington because they dumped him for Andrew Johns.)

Bro, Lyon is kicking ass in ESL, Ma'a Nonu is the victim of looking and playing exactly like All Black captain Tana Umaga, so he'll be amped for some international recognition, Whatever happens we have a year and a half to recruit quality players.....

supermario
23-09-05, 10:25 PM
You want brett Finch ????? Please take Finch !!!!

footyfan09
23-09-05, 10:29 PM
no Brett Finch should be a last resort

Steve Dangerous
23-09-05, 10:58 PM
They should definately chase hard after Prince.

After the unexpected success of wests young un's this year, there's gonna be a fair few kids looking for nice pay increases which will squeeze a few players out to fit under the salary cap. the unfortunate side of success i guess.

Mavfan
24-09-05, 12:06 AM
They should definately chase hard after Prince.

After the unexpected success of wests young un's this year, there's gonna be a fair few kids looking for nice pay increases which will squeeze a few players out to fit under the salary cap. the unfortunate side of success i guess.

I feel the Broncos could very well offer prince a huge paycheck to return to Brisbane after his contract expires.

This might be the only way for the Broncos to win a premiership. They look far to old.

The Original Idiot
24-09-05, 09:50 AM
Richard Villasanti

The Original Idiot
24-09-05, 10:03 AM
Bro, Lyon is kicking ass in ESL, Ma'a Nonu is the victim of looking and playing exactly like All Black captain Tana Umaga, so he'll be amped for some international recognition, Whatever happens we have a year and a half to recruit quality players.....
I'm sure Lyon would prefer Australia to England, (well, not sydney,) and he is reportedly genuinely interested in coming back.

Dakink
24-09-05, 10:03 AM
Richard Villasanti

That is wrong for sooo many reasons....

I beleive we need a no.7 the can offer size, stability and structure. With Preston at 6 it is not to disimilar to the Tigers now. A 7 that is structured and a 6 that doesnt know what he is doing till he does it.

The Original Idiot
24-09-05, 10:12 AM
"That is wrong for sooo many reasons...."
Name one. He is hard-hitting and made the Australian team a couple years back. Of course we need a good number seven but if your forwards aren't good enough you'll end up like the storm.

Dakink
24-09-05, 10:14 AM
Name one - IMO, Quality - he doesnt have it.

He doesnt have the onfield\off field ethic I think we should be looking to develop.

The Original Idiot
24-09-05, 10:26 AM
Pick players from Queensland Cup. We've got 3 feeder clubs, for christs sake. Aseri Laing, Reggie Cressbrook, Ali Brown, Ricky Bird, Steele Retchless, Tim Maccan, Nat Barnes etc.

The Original Idiot
24-09-05, 10:27 AM
"Name one - IMO, Quality - he doesnt have it.

He doesnt have the onfield\off field ethic I think we should be looking to develop."

I see. And you know this- how?

footyfan09
24-09-05, 11:21 AM
Pick players from Queensland Cup. We've got 3 feeder clubs, for christs sake. Aseri Laing, Reggie Cressbrook, Ali Brown, Ricky Bird, Steele Retchless, Tim Maccan, Nat Barnes etc.

yeah there is Plenty of Queensland talent floating around out there

Dakink
24-09-05, 11:24 AM
Umm watching him play......

Mavfan
24-09-05, 03:31 PM
I fully agree. Villasanti would be the last player id look at for my team.

Sure he can put a good hit on, but he isnt an 80 minute. Actually, ill correct myself. He isnt a 30 minute player. He isnt one of the most fittest players to lace the boot.

PARANoIR
24-09-05, 03:35 PM
That is wrong for sooo many reasons....

I beleive we need a no.7 the can offer size, stability and structure. With Preston at 6 it is not to disimilar to the Tigers now. A 7 that is structured and a 6 that doesnt know what he is doing till he does it.

I think Preston may have signed with the preferance of playing number 7. Thats where he won Dally M, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans were actually in the market for a quality 5/8

Dakink
24-09-05, 03:39 PM
True - even more important that they have a solid Barrett/Anaasta type 5\8 then. I think Presto is better at 7.

PARANoIR
24-09-05, 03:43 PM
True - even more important that they have a solid Barrett/Anaasta type 5\8 then. I think Presto is better at 7.

Exactly. Unfortunatley come 2007 I think they may well be a rare comodity, I think it will be more likely that we see Preston go to 6 with another 7 being recruited.

A guy that wouldn't surprise me to see end up with the Coast is Scott Hill, I'm unsure of his contract situation, but I think the Coast would have a better chance of picking up a guy like him rather than guys like Anasta and Barrett. Hill would be a good leader to build a side around and most definitely could develop an excellent combo with Presto. He would be an equally good purchase because he can double as a forward and if the Titans pick up a young guy that can play half or 5/8 like Jamie Soward, that can be used in the forward rotation with Soward coming on to rest a forward and Hill moving to the back of the pack. That sort of method could prove to be very effective for the Titans.

Dakink
24-09-05, 03:48 PM
Hill would be a great foil for Preston - though I wasnt suggesting buy Anasta or Barrett (as good as that may be) just that type of player is what is needed.

PARANoIR
24-09-05, 03:51 PM
Yeah I realise you weren't suggesting them, but the mould of a guy like that would be awesome. Some one who has the ability to both run and pass and take some brunt off the forwards if required.

Dakink
24-09-05, 03:53 PM
Definately - especially when you see how run down Lockyer is becoming havinng to defend in the front line. He needs to be moved back to fullback.

Any other 5\8 options out there?

PARANoIR
24-09-05, 04:04 PM
Definately - especially when you see how run down Lockyer is becoming havinng to defend in the front line. He needs to be moved back to fullback.

Any other 5\8 options out there?

Yeh Lockyer is a rubbish 5/8 IMO. I believe Benji Marshall is off contract, he is a another one, even someone like Karmichael Hunt, who I believe is a better 5/8 than a fullback. Possibly Adam Dykes after his recent release from the Sharks, ummm I dunno if there is anyone else.

Dakink
24-09-05, 04:07 PM
Hunt would mature into a very solid 5\8, especially when he matures physically a little. I beleive Bennett's refusal to move Lockyer back shows that he is falling off a little. Seems like he doesnt want to admit a mistake.

Christabella
24-09-05, 04:14 PM
Exactly. Unfortunatley come 2007 I think they may well be a rare comodity, I think it will be more likely that we see Preston go to 6 with another 7 being recruited.

A guy that wouldn't surprise me to see end up with the Coast is Scott Hill, I'm unsure of his contract situation, but I think the Coast would have a better chance of picking up a guy like him rather than guys like Anasta and Barrett. Hill would be a good leader to build a side around and most definitely could develop an excellent combo with Presto. He would be an equally good purchase because he can double as a forward and if the Titans pick up a young guy that can play half or 5/8 like Jamie Soward, that can be used in the forward rotation with Soward coming on to rest a forward and Hill moving to the back of the pack. That sort of method could prove to be very effective for the Titans.

Firstly, after his last performance I wouldn't want Hill in my team ... 3 errors 3 tries conceeded. I was told to tell him to retire at the end of the game but I just chose not to speak with him and talk to Smith, Webster, Geyer and Inglis instead.
Secondly, Hill is very injury prone and as he is getting on in years I'm not sure he would be a sensible buy and this leads into my final point. If I recall correctly he signed a unique contract where by he had to play a certain percentage of games in the season just gone and next season to have a third year option avaiable. Thus I believe if he is forced to miss a sizeble chunk of 2006 through injury then he may be unsigned for 2007. Otherwise he will be with the Storm until the end of 07.

PARANoIR
24-09-05, 04:14 PM
Hunt would mature into a very solid 5\8, especially when he matures physically a little. I beleive Bennett's refusal to move Lockyer back shows that he is falling off a little. Seems like he doesnt want to admit a mistake.

Exactly, atm Hunts best quality is that he's still got growing to do, in a few years time, he could be built like a Barrett or Anasta and if he is, that will be a huge plus for his game.

PARANoIR
24-09-05, 04:16 PM
Firstly, after his last performance I wouldn't want Hill in my team ... 3 errors 3 tries conceeded. I was told to tell him to retire at the end of the game but I just chose not to speak with him and talk to Smith, Webster, Geyer and Inglis instead.
Secondly, Hill is very injury prone and as he is getting on in years I'm not sure he would be a sensible buy and this leads into my final point. If I recall correctly he signed a unique contract where by he had to play a certain percentage of games in the season just gone and next season to have a third year option avaiable. Thus I believe if he is forced to miss a sizeble chunk of 2006 through injury then he may be unsigned for 2007. Otherwise he will be with the Storm until the end of 07.

Thank you she that is educated in contracts :D

Christabella
24-09-05, 04:18 PM
Thank you she that is educated in contracts :D
LOL well don't quote me on that but I do recall something unsual about Hill's contract.

eelectrica
24-09-05, 07:13 PM
Jamie Lyon so he doesn't end up at Manly :)

Chunky PD
25-09-05, 09:46 AM
Steven Turner from Melbourne if he is recoveredfrom his knee surgery.

He has been stuck behind Wesser, Slater and now Inglis for the last three years, but he is a top class fullback when fit.

Teegy
25-09-05, 09:48 AM
Scott Prince would be my choice. he and preston could light up the comp

titansrok
25-09-05, 04:28 PM
maybe benji marshall. i could imagine him with the titans logo when he is doin his step.

Inferno
25-09-05, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Prince and Benji Marshall will be tigers for a long time yet.

Mavfan
25-09-05, 10:42 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing Aseri Laing have another crack in the NRL. From what i recall, he was quite damaging back when he played for the Magpies.

Though, with Matt Peterson and Brian Carney already on the wing, i doubt he will get a look unless Injury occurs.

DeeGan
25-09-05, 10:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Prince and Benji Marshall will be tigers for a long time yet.

I would not be so certain.

The Tigers just renewed Hodgo's contract and I do remember reading Prince is not ready to commit just yet to anything.

I feel one of the halves (Prince more than likely) will be lost from the Tigers at the end of the 2006 season. Money talks, and both will attract plenty of attention which the Tigers may not be able to match.

Dakink
25-09-05, 10:51 PM
Prince back to Brisvegas perhaps??

Heard it here first...

ridgey
26-09-05, 11:31 AM
i think with bailey,friend and laffranchi the titans are on the right track to lure a half like tim smith or scott prince,they need to recruit a strong forward pack to have any chance of securing a good half's services and with gilly and carty there at the helm they should be a fearsome pack at that.jamie lyon would be a great signing as well.
don't agree hunt's a 5\8 prospect i'd put him in the centres,he needs to be hitting holes and getting 1 on 1 with blokes not creating em.

captain charger
26-09-05, 01:30 PM
What about Craig Wing- he's off contract next year.
Probably back to Souths,could even be 2006. ;)

Dakink
26-09-05, 01:33 PM
i think with bailey,friend and laffranchi the titans are on the right track to lure a half like tim smith or scott prince,they need to recruit a strong forward pack to have any chance of securing a good half's services and with gilly and carty there at the helm they should be a fearsome pack at that.jamie lyon would be a great signing as well.
don't agree hunt's a 5\8 prospect i'd put him in the centres,he needs to be hitting holes and getting 1 on 1 with blokes not creating em.

A 5\8 doesnt always need to be creating the holes, though it helps if he can. Barrett works best when he is running and hitting holes. A 5\8 that is a strong runner with a good passing game is a real danger as the defence isnt always sure of what to do.

TITAN PETE
26-09-05, 01:59 PM
I would agree with a lot of these choices , Prince & Lyons being the preffered 2 but i don't think we'll see Marshall back here for some time yet.
I think Carty & co will be signing many young players with natural ability from our local teams & also guys that are struggling to get a run in Sydney 1st grade teams.

ridgey
26-09-05, 02:03 PM
i totally agree barrett is at his best when he takes the line on,i just reckon hunt would make a better centre.he's got a great build for a centre strong lower body,fast has a good fend and footwork.i think hunt 1 on 1 with his opponents like the way gasnier plays could be a better option,he'd just have to aim up in defence.

The Original Idiot
26-09-05, 05:51 PM
"I wouldnt mind seeing Aseri Laing have another crack in the NRL. From what i recall, he was quite damaging back when he played for the Magpies.

Though, with Matt Peterson and Brian Carney already on the wing, i doubt he will get a look unless Injury occurs."

I was thinking of his as a back-up, when one of the backs (or even the forwards for that matter) gets tired he could just go on and run rampant if the defence is shoddy.

Sign Brenton McConnell from the Cowboys as a backup. He's fourth-choice half and any #7 that scores 20+ tries in a season is a good buy.

The Original Idiot
26-09-05, 05:52 PM
To complete the forward pack the team should just pick more Eels guys. Aaron Cannings and Daniel Wagon come to mind.

footyfan09
26-09-05, 06:44 PM
yeah Daniel Wagon is a qlder aswell he would be good i\

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 07:40 PM
Yeh Lockyer is a rubbish 5/8 IMO. I believe Benji Marshall is off contract, he is a another one, even someone like Karmichael Hunt, who I believe is a better 5/8 than a fullback. Possibly Adam Dykes after his recent release from the Sharks, ummm I dunno if there is anyone else.

I heard Locky was getting moved back to fullbak, with Hunt at centres and Seymour or Eastwood at 5/8 for the pre season trials, don't quote me on that though llol.

Anyways sadly I think Parfitt would be a good pick for GC, even though I'd love if he stayed at the BRoncos, but we have plenty of backs already. Is it true GC at one stage was chasing Michaels?

Yep GC only have to look aroung QLD cup and theres plenty of talent there.

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 07:42 PM
Oh and also I don't think Prince and Marshall will be going anywhere for alittle while. I don't see any reason for them too go?

Teegy
26-09-05, 07:45 PM
Prince and Marshall both have showed interest in the team

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 07:49 PM
It would be good for GC if they got them of course... but Hodgo resigned with Tigers, and you know their the dynamic three lol ... I think P and M might follow... but hey if they do go to the Titans, Ill be happy!

The Original Idiot
27-09-05, 10:50 AM
Kirk Reynoldson- One of Melbourne's best forwards until he jumped ship, one of the most underrated players. Currently with the Knights, but hasn't played a game for them. He would be awesome at lock.

Dakink
27-09-05, 10:53 AM
Kirk Reynoldson- One of Melbourne's best forwards until he jumped ship, one of the most underrated players. Currently with the Knights, but hasn't played a game for them. He would be awesome at lock.
Thats not such a bad idea! Has a good work rate, I dont mind him at all.

ridgey
27-09-05, 11:39 AM
does anyone know when billy slater is off contract,i'd love to see him in the titans no.1 jersey at some stage of his career.

The Original Idiot
27-09-05, 04:07 PM
^Knowing how much Melbourne pay him, he'd never go. He'd go to the Cowboys before the Titans. If Inglis will be difficult to sign, slater is a hopeless case. Even when he comes off contract, Melbourne will still have money left to re-sign him.

Sharks
27-09-05, 05:59 PM
Craig Wing and Benji Marshall both off contract next season,you never know especially with Titans having millions to blow!

The Original Idiot
28-09-05, 01:48 PM
Aaron Barba. 60 tries in 2 seasons before he fell away.

Dakink
28-09-05, 02:03 PM
Aaron Barba. 60 tries in 2 seasons before he fell away.

Can you give us a bit more info on him?

The Original Idiot
29-09-05, 08:12 AM
^
Aaron Barba played for Redcliffe (can't remember from when to when) and scored 60+ tries in two years, I think Redcliffe won the Queensland Cup those two years. He went to Toowoomba, hoping to get a crack at the Broncos team but fell down the pecking order.

The Original Idiot
29-09-05, 08:15 AM
Clinton Schifkofske for fullback. He's a bit old though.

ridgey
29-09-05, 12:55 PM
Aaron barber also played for penrith for 1 season after those 2 seasons for reddy and couldn't crack it for an nrl spot,the man can score a try though i don't know if the titans would sign him,might want to spend the money elsewhere.

The Original Idiot
29-09-05, 04:33 PM
Last week's Big league said that Jamie Lyon would probably go to the Titans because his parents now live in Ballina.

Last weeks's Rugby League Week said Reni Maitua is a target for the Coast and Souths, if I remember rightly.

Dakink
29-09-05, 06:25 PM
Last week's Big league said that Jamie Lyon would probably go to the Titans because his parents now live in Ballina.

Last weeks's Rugby League Week said Reni Maitua is a target for the Coast and Souths, if I remember rightly.

I had heard that down here too....

dan the man
01-10-05, 10:55 AM
Big Wes Naquama from the saints he is big robust quick great defender.. a winger that is 95 kg and can be a back up kicker.... mate get him on board.. i am pretty sure he is off late 2006.. most of the dragons are.... with bull bailey up there i am sure we can poach a few.... maybe ennis aswell...and with the right coach in johnny cartwright they may play for team opposed to for themselves.....

cheers
dan

Dakink
01-10-05, 11:12 AM
Just need to teach the Dragons wingers to trust and work with the centres in defence!

Steelers
01-10-05, 11:35 AM
Just need to teach the Dragons wingers to trust and work with the centres in defence!

they will learn. this year the dragons showcased 2 new wingers. hopefully they will work on it during the off season.

Dakink
01-10-05, 11:38 AM
Me hopes so too!!!

They tened to leave gaping big holes in beside their centre. though I thought both had a good year and will learn from it. Looking at the team for next year, injury free hopefully we can go the next step.

Inferno
01-10-05, 11:49 AM
I blame the centres for that (usually Gasnier) for rushing up off his line and leaving the winger isolated. If the winger rushes up with him it allows for an overlap and if he doesn't there is a hole so he's kinda screwed either way unless the centre makes the tackle.

The Original Idiot
01-10-05, 02:43 PM
Big Wes Naquama from the saints he is big robust quick great defender.. a winger that is 95 kg and can be a back up kicker.... mate get him on board.. i am pretty sure he is off late 2006.. most of the dragons are.... with bull bailey up there i am sure we can poach a few.... maybe ennis aswell...and with the right coach in johnny cartwright they may play for team opposed to for themselves.....
The Titans already have two quality wingers. Naiqama is a good player, but is not needed unless he can play in the centres.

Teegy
01-10-05, 02:52 PM
Wes is a centre normally but has Gaz and coops in front of him

The Original Idiot
01-10-05, 03:10 PM
^Thanks for that.
Ray Cashmere of the Tigers is experienced and could be a good bench player. The tigers already have an excellent second row and are getting Keith Galloway next year. Cashmere commented in RLW a few weeks back that he would probably have to jump ship or retire.

Chaos
02-10-05, 12:17 AM
To complete the forward pack the team should just pick more Eels guys. Aaron Cannings and Daniel Wagon come to mind.

The Titans aren't going to waste their money on Wagon.
My wife, who knows little about league, asked why Wagon raced up off the line on Mat Bowen when everyone knows how quick he is on his feet...I laughed and told her that most coaches persist with a certain player even if he isn't playing well because they have personal attachments. (sometimes they miss judge a players capability and sometimes they have a point to prove)
Wayne Bannett and Benny Ikin is another example.

Chaos
02-10-05, 01:10 AM
Getting back to the start of the thread, if you add Scott Prince and Jamie Lyon to the already signed Peterson Carney, Campbell, O'Dyer, Laffranchi, Friend, Bailey, Cartwright, Gillmeister and Sattler...you have the base for a top 8 finish.
From there you are four games from a Premiership.

Don't expect a premiership in the first year but don't say it is impossible, like some members have said in other threads.
Winning players believe they have a shot at the title...thats what makes them winners.

I say, go hard for Prince and Lyon!

Inferno
03-10-05, 09:05 AM
^Thanks for that.
Ray Cashmere of the Tigers is experienced and could be a good bench player. The tigers already have an excellent second row and are getting Keith Galloway next year. Cashmere commented in RLW a few weeks back that he would probably have to jump ship or retire.

Keith Galloway is the biggest marshmallow in rugby league. Sure he's big but he's as fast as a house and has no lateral movement. I can't see him pushing any of the current forward pack out of first grade.

DeeGan
03-10-05, 11:16 AM
I believe we will make a big play for Scott Prince after the anti-tampering deadline in 2006. It is proven through out the history of our game, to win a premiership, ensure you have a class half steering the ship. Prince after the last couple of seasons only confirms he is in the top echelon.

As for Daniel Wagon becoming a Titan? I would welcome any player to the club, especially a former Origin player, though I believe he is one of the more overrated players in the game.

If we are making a play for another Eel, I am hoping Brett Delaney is the player in question ;) Delaney is a big strong centre with goal kicking ability who will come at a bargain price in comparison to say Jamie Lyon is world class and demands top dollar.

Cheers

DeeGan

Dakink
03-10-05, 11:45 AM
I dont like the chance os securing Prince unless the cap comes into play. Haveing said that what an awesome buy he would be!

Chaos
03-10-05, 11:52 AM
If we are making a play for another Eel, I am hoping Brett Delaney is the player in question ;) Delaney is a big strong centre with goal kicking ability who will come at a bargain price in comparison to say Jamie Lyon is world class and demands top dollar.

What are the factors that drive the price of a players signature?
My thinking is, the price of a player comes from his demand.

I haven't seen this Delaney play but I do agree with signing potentionally great players with a low price, ahead of high priced players.
If a few clubs were thinking the same way about Delaney, wouldn't that drive his price up. I read another thread about him and apparently he showed skills in the grand final.

Steelers
03-10-05, 11:52 AM
I don't see much chance of Prince coming to the Titans. After winning a title with the Tigers, I get the feeling he will want to hang around with them for a lot longer.

Steelers
03-10-05, 11:54 AM
If a few clubs were thinking the same way about Delaney, wouldn't that drive his price up. .

I said that in the Delaney for outside centre thread. That is what I believe influences a price mostly as well

Chaos
03-10-05, 11:54 AM
I dont like the chance os securing Prince unless the cap comes into play. Haveing said that what an awesome buy he would be!

Prince has played too good this year. He'll be a wanted man now.

NathanK
03-10-05, 12:21 PM
Hey, I think we need a variety of players, but if i were picking the team, i would be looking for someone with an awesome kicking standard like andrew johns. the easiest way to score a game in the modern rugby league is off a kick. also i was thinking maybe we could look into hiring a olympic sprinter or something, someone who would be extremely quick of the mark and ovr th whole 100m. I think the game as it is tooday, we no longer need as many big players (shane webcke) but more smaller player like matty bowen and scotty prince, as you definitely see it works. E.G 2 of the smallest teams in rugby league have both made it to the grand final. maybe we should invest in some of these players.

Chaos
03-10-05, 12:35 PM
Hey, I think we need a variety of players, but if i were picking the team, i would be looking for someone with an awesome kicking standard like andrew johns. the easiest way to score a game in the modern rugby league is off a kick. also i was thinking maybe we could look into hiring a olympic sprinter or something, someone who would be extremely quick of the mark and ovr th whole 100m. I think the game as it is tooday, we no longer need as many big players (shane webcke) but more smaller player like matty bowen and scotty prince, as you definitely see it works. E.G 2 of the smallest teams in rugby league have both made it to the grand final. maybe we should invest in some of these players.

Firstly, I agree with acquiring a strong general play kicker, one that has a good league mind such as Scott Prince.

I disagree with your point about big players, the Broncos larger farwards dominated against the Tigers last time they played. It was the Broncos smaller guys that let them down.

The Tigers do have some larger players that played a vital role during the season.

NathanK
03-10-05, 12:41 PM
Firstly, I agree with acquiring a strong general play kicker, one that has a good league mind such as Scott Prince.

I disagree with your point about big players, the Broncos larger farwards dominated against the Tigers last time they played. It was the Broncos smaller guys that let them down.

The Tigers do have some larger players that played a vital role during the season.

the only problem with your comment about broncos dominating tigers in there last meet. where are the broncos now compared to the tigers? tigers have just won the grand final. yes that is true about the tigers having some larger players. i think it is still impotant to have larger players in the team, but also fast smaller players, it would be ideal to have fast larger players but the quickest players in the gam are the smallest. :)

Chaos
03-10-05, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=NathanK]the only problem with your comment about broncos dominating tigers in there last meet. where are the broncos now compared to the tigers? tigers have just won the grand final. QUOTE]

The Broncos smaller man let them down.
Where were the halves when Webke and Petro ran through the Tigers pack?
They should have been reading the play and backing them up.

If not, at least taking advantage of the momentum.

NathanK
03-10-05, 01:07 PM
I think the main problem with broncos isnt the fact the smaller players are letting them down. I think its the fact they make so many damn mistakes. (Tate) and also the fact they dont throw the ball around enough. most of the broncos are too slow and are unable to release the ball quick enough, i think the size of them have something to do with it. If they do start throwing the ball around, they will start winning more often.

but the upside of broncos having larger players, it helps tem brake through the lines more often, but there is never anyone there to back them up. that is when they need a small speedy player, who can back up the plays.

Chaos
03-10-05, 01:15 PM
I think the main problem with broncos isnt the fact the smaller players are letting them down. I think its the fact they make so many damn mistakes. (Tate) and also the fact they dont throw the ball around enough. most of the broncos are too slow and are unable to release the ball quick enough, i think the size of them have something to do with it. If they do start throwing the ball around, they will start winning more often.

but the upside of broncos having larger players, it helps tem brake through the lines more often, but there is never anyone there to back them up. that is when they need a small speedy player, who can back up the plays.

I don't want to bag the Broncos too much in this thread but I think they have some problems that need addressing.
Hunt exploded on the NRL scene with his pace and huge step.
I havn't seen him get the ball with room to show his skills. Instead the Broncos have a big back line movement with Darren Smith ending up with the ball out wide.
He's 105 years old!

NathanK
03-10-05, 01:21 PM
I don't want to bag the Broncos too much in this thread but I think they have some problems that need addressing.
Hunt exploded on the NRL scene with his pace and huge step.
I havn't seen him get the ball with room to show his skills. Instead the Broncos have a big back line movement with Darren Smith ending up with the ball out wide.
He's 105 years old!

haha so true
my point is, gold coast Titans need, a GREAT kicker, lots of quick players who throw the ball around, players to back up the play (like benji marshal with his flick pass last night, backing up the play even after being pushed out of the sideline) and ALSO big players breaking through the lines for quick players to back them up.

DeeGan
03-10-05, 01:23 PM
What are the factors that drive the price of a players signature?
My thinking is, the price of a player comes from his demand.

I haven't seen this Delaney play but I do agree with signing potentionally great players with a low price, ahead of high priced players.
If a few clubs were thinking the same way about Delaney, wouldn't that drive his price up. I read another thread about him and apparently he showed skills in the grand final.

Age, potential, current status as first grade player (fringe, bench player, regular etc.) AND demand.

The luxury we have as a new team is the appeal to have a player start with a "clean slate". We can also perhaps pay overs (in comparison to what other teams would put him on) for a kid like Delaney though it would deemed reasonable by the coaching staff given someone like Delaney is a long term investment. An incentive based contract would be more than likely looked at which does two things:

1. The player knows what he has to do to reap the financial reward that comes along with his form

2. The club is protected in many respects IF the player does not fulfill his potential

Exciting times ahead in 2006 with player signings for our club!

DeeGan

Luke
03-10-05, 03:35 PM
i think Reni Maitua would be a good buy as he can play well in the centres and 2nd row.

The Original Idiot
03-10-05, 03:44 PM
Get Delaney. He seems the best player to play next to Carney.

The Original Idiot
03-10-05, 03:48 PM
I don't see much chance of Prince coming to the Titans. After winning a title with the Tigers, I get the feeling he will want to hang around with them for a lot longer.
Check the 'Tigers fight to stop Prince heading North' thread on page 2. I'd post the link, but my computer is stuffing up.

Chaos
03-10-05, 03:57 PM
Age, potential, current status as first grade player (fringe, bench player, regular etc.) AND demand.

The luxury we have as a new team is the appeal to have a player start with a "clean slate". We can also perhaps pay overs (in comparison to what other teams would put him on) for a kid like Delaney though it would deemed reasonable by the coaching staff given someone like Delaney is a long term investment. An incentive based contract would be more than likely looked at which does two things:

1. The player knows what he has to do to reap the financial reward that comes along with his form

2. The club is protected in many respects IF the player does not fulfill his potential

Exciting times ahead in 2006 with player signings for our club!

DeeGan

What about a player like Graham Appo?
Where in the price scale would he be?

Steelers
03-10-05, 04:05 PM
Check the 'Tigers fight to stop Prince heading North' thread on page 2. I'd post the link, but my computer is stuffing up.

well that has changed my opinion on the situation. very likely he will come back to QLD. thx

Titanium_BD1103
03-10-05, 10:41 PM
LOL at Steelers... very funny indeed... :)

Mine would be the man in my banner... Benji Marshall... he is a true stateman of the game... even though he is young... he is very well manner and would be the perfect spokesperson for the club on the field and off the field and he is also a true talent... :)

Steelers
03-10-05, 10:43 PM
LOL at Steelers... very funny indeed... :)

Mine would be the man in my banner... Benji Marshall... he is a true stateman of the game... even though he is young... he is very well manner and would be the perfect spokesperson for the club on the field and off the field and he is also a true talent... :)

he acts so professionally. he is well suited to the publicity and handles it in the best way (unlike SBW). It is too bad that is $ worth has now skyrocketed.

The Original Idiot
04-10-05, 10:51 AM
What about a player like Graham Appo?
Where in the price scale would he be?
Appo would probably have to take a pay cut to play with the Titans, knowing how cashed-up SL is. But two reasons why he'd come are: He's Australian, and he's annoyed at Warrington because they bumped him for Andrew Johns. Appo is very versatile, he can play any back position. He would be extremely useful off the bench for GC.

The Original Idiot
04-10-05, 11:56 AM
Junior Langi? Played for Parra 2001
Semi Tadulala? Played for Norths? 2001 (i can't remember jack about 2001 rl)
both in england, both fast backs

The Ballboys
05-10-05, 01:57 PM
Here what I reckon the team should look like.

1. C. Schicofske (GK) - Canberra great leadership for the young backs
2. B. Carney
3. J. Lyon - ESL
4. B. Delaney - Parramatta top back up kicker
5. M. Petersen
6. P. Campbell
7. S. Prince (C) - Tigers (Clive Churchill winner) nothing more too say
8. L. Bailey
9. N. Fien - NZ Warriors - has played origin for Qld good back up for halves.
10. B. White - Melbourne - big tough young prop
11. C. Webb - NQ Cowboys - a bit of fire power
12. A. Laffranchi
13. M. Luck - NZ Warriors just signed from cowboys good back rower

14. R. Villasanti - NZ Warriors tough, quality prop, works hard, chases kicks
15. L. O'Dwyer
16. S. Michaels - Brisbane great young outside back
17. N. Friend

Have heard whispers that both Dane Carlaw and Corey Parker are being released from Broncos. Would keep an eye on that.

DeeGan
05-10-05, 02:01 PM
I hope we stay well away from Dane Carlaw just quietly.

I read that in the RLW last week as well, Carlaw I would understand the release though I am certain Parker will remain with the Broncos. Parker is a decent prop who is there to step up to the play when Webcke retires. With Learoyd off to Canberra, Thaiday and Parker are key members of the Broncos squad in the next couple of years.

DeeGan

The Ballboys
05-10-05, 02:07 PM
Carlaw has the potential to become one of the most damaging runners in our game, and I don't think anyone can disagree that we have seen glimpses of this over the last few years. I honestly believe he would find a new lease on life with a change of scenery.

But that's just what I reckon.

On Parker, he tried to lose some bulk in the last off season in the hope of becoming a backrower. Unfortunatly it seems he has found himself in no man's land. He now is too small for a prop and not fast enough for the backrow.

Dakink
05-10-05, 02:55 PM
I agree - i reckon Carlaw has potential. He needs to be coached the right way and Cartwright has shown the ability to get the most out of players.

Chaos
05-10-05, 06:46 PM
The Ballboys,

I like your fire power with Webb but the Broncos can keep Corey Parker.
We need to lock in some potential without paying a premium.

The Original Idiot
06-10-05, 07:33 AM
DeeGan, do you tell the higher-ups at the Titans about players listed in this thread eg Brett Delaney?

The Original Idiot
06-10-05, 07:33 AM
Jamie Feeney for interchange forward.

The Original Idiot
11-10-05, 04:08 PM
They said signings would be capped at 10 by the end of the year, meaning that 3 more shall be signed. Who will they be? Delaney, Greenshields and a forward?

Friend
11-10-05, 04:24 PM
They could sign Some of the Dragons forward cause they are in a salary cap problem. Sign some will ease their team while make the Titans a strong team for 2007.

Friend
11-10-05, 04:40 PM
Here is a list of off contract players. It has nrl and esl players. It might be a little out of date but let me know if it is.

Dragons:

Sam Faust
Aaron Gorrell
Michael Henderson
Aaron Wheatley
Shannon Stitt

Broncos:

Shaun Berrigan
Darren Mapp
Michael Ryan
David Stagg
Shane Webcke
Tonie Carroll
Stuart Kelly
Tom Learoyd
Derrick Watkins
Tim Rangihuna
Jamie Simpson
John-John Te Reo
Danny McGuire

Raiders:

Steve Franciscus
Adam Mogg

Bulldogs:

Brett Oliver
Willie Mason
Nathan Miles
Adam Perry
Trevor Thurling

Sharks:

Manly:

Kylie Leuluai
Mailangi Styles
Phil Morwood
Jason King
Chad Randall
Chris Hicks

Storm:

Sione Finefeuiaki
Matt Geyer
Antonio Kaufusi
Glen Turner

Warriors:

Vinnie Anderson

Newcastle:

Grant Wooden
Todd Maddison
Daniel Abraham
josh Perry
Craig Hall
Andrew Price
Todd Lowrie
Luke Quigley
Anthony Quinn
Reegan Tanner

Cowboys:

Neil Sweeny
Rod Jensen
Brenton Bowen
Jacob Lillyman
Drew Campbell
Mitchell Sargent
Steve Southern
Jaimen Lowe
Dean Payne
David Myles
Michael Luck
Cam Wilkinson
Michael Fairweather
David Faiumu
Clint Amos
Mark Dalle Cort

Parramatta:

John Morris
Eric Grothe
Chris Muckert
Jack Afamasaga
Matthew Nicholas

Penrith:

Shannon Donato
Frank Puletua
Nathan Gilchrist
Michael Burke
Ryan Rolfe
Trent Clayton
David McLean
Jono Rolfe
Matthew Pow
Paul Franze

Rabbitohs:

Chris Enahoro
Garth Wood
Lee Hookey
Glenn Hall

Roosters:

Brett Finch
Chris Flannery
Craig Wing
Gavin Lester
Heath L'Estrange
Jason Cayless
Ned Catic
David Shillington

And from the ESL....

Bradford:

Leon Pryce
Jamie Pea****
Stuart Reardon
Jamie Langley

Hull FC:

Andy Bailey
Paul Cooke
Stephen Kearney (1 year extension option)
Paul Mcnicholas

St. Helens:

Jon Wilkin
Maurie Fa'asavalu
Paul Anderson
Jason Hooper

Huddersfield:

Paul White
Stuart Donlan
Marcus St Hilaire
Hefin o Hare
Paul Smith
Chris Nero
Ben Roarty
Paul Jackson
Ian Morrison
Jon Grayshon
Ryan Clayton

Widnes:

Gary Connolly
Mick Cassidy
Terry O'Connor
Julian O'Neill
Daniel Frame
Adam Hughes
Shane Millard
Simon Finnegan
Jules O'Neill

Leeds:

Marcus Bai
Mark Calderwood
Barrie McDermott
Chris McKenna
Willie Poching
Danny Ward
Jamie Jones-Buchanan
Francis Cummins

Warrington:

Toa Kohe-Love
Dean Gaskell
Nathan Wood
Chris Leikvoll
Paul Noone
Danny Lima
Graham Appo
Warren Stevens

Wigan:

Martin Aspinwall
Kevin Brown

Teegy
11-10-05, 04:46 PM
Wasn't this in antoher thread???????????

Anyway
Dragons:

Edwin Asotasi(Resigned)
Luke Dalziel-Don(Resigned)
Sam Faust(??????????)
Aaron Gorrell(Released)
Michael Henderson(Resigned)
Daniel Holdsworth(Signed with Buldogs)
Brett Kelly(Resigned)
Wes Naiqama(Resigned)
Bryan Norrie(Signed With Penrith)
Corey Payne(Resigned)
Albert Torrens(Released)
Aaron Wheatley(???????????)
Nick Youngquest(Signed With Penrith)
Shannon Stitt(???????????)

Friend
11-10-05, 04:54 PM
A person from the Bulldogs forum update it. He said he didnt know if it stills needs to be updated.

Friend
11-10-05, 04:54 PM
thanks for the notice

Coaster
11-10-05, 07:20 PM
My side

Greenshields (must buy this kid)
Carney
Lyon (underated goalkicker)
Delaney
Peterson
Cambell
Prince
Bailey
Friend
P.Anderson (big bulky prop from St Helens)
Steve Southern (grab this guy, most underated footballer in the NRL)
Laffanchi
Flannery (cheap experience, and a damn fine player)

14. ODwyer
15. Carlaw (cheap experience, could perform better with diff enviroment)
16. Micheals (broncos wont release this future superstar i dont think)
17. White (another good solid forward)

Chaos
13-10-05, 06:53 PM
Flannery (cheap experience, and a damn fine player)

I personally don't think Flannery would be worth buying. He's not a bad player, good enough to be in the NRL but he's not a specialist in any position.
He would be taking the position as a utilty player. This would limit the 'up and coming players' opportunities.

The Original Idiot
13-10-05, 07:20 PM
True. You need specialist players, and especially in the back row, whoever plays lock decently should take that position permanently instead of being reshuffled all the time.

The Original Idiot
13-10-05, 07:48 PM
In the locked Off Contract thread in GRL (sorry, can't post link) it says Graham Appo is off contract. Home grown, would fit well into the side, even if another half is signed, most versatile player in the world.

Chaos
13-10-05, 08:00 PM
In the locked Off Contract thread in GRL (sorry, can't post link) it says Graham Appo is off contract. Home grown, would fit well into the side, even if another half is signed, most versatile player in the world.

I'm with you...bring him home!

Titanium_BD1103
13-10-05, 08:19 PM
The Kennel is talking about Marcus Peranara being off contract in 07... could be a handy buy for the Titans.. especially if preston plays 7.. then Peranara can play 6... what a combo... ;)

Dakink
13-10-05, 08:59 PM
Dont really think much of Perenara. Wouldnt waste the money.

Titanium_BD1103
13-10-05, 09:17 PM
Which Perenara are you talkin about.. I think you may mean Henry the one who played for the dragons...

This is Marcus... the 5/8th for Parra in PL.. him and Joel Reddy have been carving up the place for them... that is why they are such a good team...

Maybe we can get Joel Reddy for 07..... wouldn't that be a good buy.... ;)

Steelers
13-10-05, 09:25 PM
Which Perenara are you talkin about.. I think you may mean Henry the one who played for the dragons...

This is Marcus... the 5/8th for Parra in PL.. him and Joel Reddy have been carving up the place for them... that is why they are such a good team...

Maybe we can get Joel Reddy for 07..... wouldn't that be a good buy.... ;)

Doesn't Henry play for Parra now as well?

Teegy
13-10-05, 09:53 PM
Doesn't Henry play for Parra now as well?
Both play for Parra

Steelers
13-10-05, 09:55 PM
Both play for Parra

thought so :D

dan the man
14-10-05, 08:38 AM
Yes he is a good player. he made the fatal error and signed with parra from Nz... HE IS A 1ST GRADE PLAYER NO DOUBT. HOWEVER COULD NOT FORESEE TIM SMITH'S DAZZLING DEBUT AT THE BIG LEAGUE....HOWEVER I WOULD NOT BE SUPRISED TO SEE MARCUS MAKE A RETURN TO THE WARRIORS.....THE WARRIORS WILL REALLY STRUGGLE WITHOUT THE STACEY AND THEY WILL SEE THIS NEXT YEAR,,, THEY WILL BE CASHED UP AND LOOKING TO SIGN A HALF... PARTICULARLY IF HE HAS ANOTHER GOOD YEAR WITH PARRA...

JUST MY THOUGHTS
DAN :)

Coaster
14-10-05, 06:35 PM

Appo would be turning 32 next year, so 33 in 07' Chaos your forgetting how old you are :D :eek:

Chaos
14-10-05, 07:33 PM
Appo would be turning 32 next year, so 33 in 07' Chaos your forgetting how old you are :D :eek:

You might be right but how is his form?
Some players mature later then others and some seem to stay fit longer.
I've seen players lose it at 27 but others still kicking late into their thirties.

How old was Langer in his last Origin?

To tell you the truth, I haven't seen Appo play in a long while. I like the idea of a Coast junior coming back to the Coast with experience.

The Original Idiot
15-10-05, 02:36 PM
Coaster, people still play at 33. Andrew Johns will still play at that age, unlesws he's bored or injured. Basketball players play until they're 40. Appo made the SL Dream Team 2 years ago, when he was 31. He's still going strong.

Coaster
17-10-05, 07:53 PM
Choas and myself used to play juniour football against Appo, i was just letting Chaos know how old he was :D

BTW Chaos is alot older then me

Btww Appo might be solid footballer, but he is no Andrew Johns

The Original Idiot
18-10-05, 11:06 AM
If you put him on the bench, he is excellent backline cover.

sonnyphil
19-10-05, 09:32 PM
benji? you might want to get 5/8 who can actually tackle

Super Cronk
19-10-05, 11:06 PM
benji? you might want to get 5/8 who can actually tackle

who do you suggest sunshine?

The Original Idiot
20-10-05, 08:51 AM
Hey, if the rest of the team CAN tackle (a la the Tigers) why not have Benji. Besides, an attacking, skilful five-eight is a lot more prized than a solid, tackling, boring one (case in point: Scott Hill).

sonnyphil
20-10-05, 04:20 PM
what about parras reserve 5/8 forgot his name but i dont think yous should by

Lowey
22-10-05, 08:41 AM
Hey... i'm from St Helens ( England ).

And posters who mention Jamie Lyon are right, he won man of steel over here and is playing excellent.

Although we want him stay, there is little chance of that... so i hope he joins the gold coast next year.

For me he is second 'behind' only Gasnier for the worlds best centre.

PS. great forum.

Dakink
22-10-05, 09:47 AM
Thanks Lowey, please keep visiting and keep us informed of what is going on in the old Dart. Any stories of interest can be posted in international league - it would be good to have a UK viewpoint.

titans_fanatic
23-10-05, 05:50 PM
jamie lyon -however he will sign with manly

The Original Idiot
24-10-05, 10:50 AM
^He'd actually go back to Sydney after all that?

The Original Idiot
26-10-05, 10:26 AM
Daniel Strickland from NQ may be getting tired of perenially playing QLD cup.

littledog
27-10-05, 05:04 PM
ben creagh...exciting future superstar

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 10:07 PM
^He'd actually go back to Sydney after all that?
hahah ino what is he thinking but oh well

The Original Idiot
10-11-05, 08:50 PM
3 more signings before the end of the year (or so they said a while back).

Luke
14-11-05, 08:18 PM
i think GC should have a look at Chis Newton if he has a good season with panthers next year he is a tall centre and ripping up the NZ comp

Teegy
14-11-05, 08:25 PM
If it was anyone id pick Lockyer but of the available players id be leaning towards Scott Prince or Lance Thompson

Queenslander
14-11-05, 08:27 PM
If it was anyone id pick Lockyer

good luck with that one ;) he will be a bronco until the end :)

Teegy
14-11-05, 08:27 PM
good luck with that one ;) he will be a bronco until the end :)
Yer but i can still dream cant i

Queenslander
14-11-05, 08:29 PM
Yer but i can still dream cant i

I will let you dream, but dont make a habbit out of it ;)

Teegy
14-11-05, 08:30 PM
Thank you. you are so kind

Titanium_BD1103
15-11-05, 10:35 AM
Trent Waicokacola.. tough forward from Gordon Rugby who would fit good into RL and I love the name.. :D :D.. hey now that is a dream.. ;)

The Original Idiot
15-11-05, 05:17 PM
Brenton Bowen!

ETA- There are some very good guys from QRU. James Sua was simply a tryscoring machine this season.

sonnyphil
26-11-05, 06:26 PM
brett kimorley

Teegy
26-11-05, 06:29 PM
That would be intersting to see after the Kimmorly, Anderson, Campbell saga a few years ago