PDA

View Full Version : titans supporter/forum member group photo at round one

mr jemo
06-03-07, 06:26 PM
i was thinking today that it would be a good idea for all us to meet in our supporter gear at half time or before the game at an easy meeting spot e.g under the score board or at the king wally statue for a big group photo does that sound like a good idea :D

DeeGan
06-03-07, 06:28 PM
In a week - ALL WILL BE REVEALED for the Legion, our official supporter's group.

The above idea is a great idea, something we will look at.

Regards,

DIEHARD
06-03-07, 06:30 PM
i was thinking today that it would be a good idea for all us to meet in our supporter gear at half time or before the game at an easy meeting spot e.g under the score board or at the king wally statue for a big group photo does that sound like a good idea :D

A very good idea mate! The Wally statue would be a perfect picture.

As DeeGan said more details will be announced, but that is such a great idea.

GOATUS
06-03-07, 11:08 PM
A very good idea mate! The Wally statue would be a perfect picture.

As DeeGan said more details will be announced, but that is such a great idea.

I agree the wally statue would be awsome if u dont know where that is u dont deserve to be a queenslander

Steel Dragon
06-03-07, 11:18 PM
Well, I'm not a stupid Queenslander, and why would I ever want to be, deserving or otherwise? :p

Jason

Old Diehard
06-03-07, 11:25 PM
Mate their is just 2 reglious experinces at Lang Park- Wally's Statute (bless him!) or the XXXX brewery sign! (glory!)....but eithers fine! or the Caxo!, (make it 3 experinces) or with the Lang Park Stadium in the background!(Who was that bloke who wrote about leg room at Lang Park/Suncorp as against Telstra Stadium (international footy chat)...damn I didn'y notice that much difference at the GF last year in Sydney, but by god, my $90 seats didn't give anyway near the view/proximity as the cheapest seats at Suncorp ( sorry Lang Park !)

Boofhead
06-03-07, 11:29 PM
I vote Wally Statue, we dress him up in Titans gears! :P

Good idea anyway... Looking forward to more details about the legion being released.

Old Diehard
06-03-07, 11:31 PM
I vote Wally Statue, we dress him up in Titans gears! :P

Good idea anyway... Looking forward to more details about the legion being released.
Now you just leave Wally alone - he's a god! and we don't need to dress him up!

Steve
06-03-07, 11:32 PM
I'm all for anywhere but the statue. We're not all Queenslanders. ;)

Old Diehard
06-03-07, 11:34 PM
I'm not a stupid Queenslander, ---WHO WROTE THAT!

mr jemo
07-03-07, 05:51 PM
everyone knows where the wally statue is love him or hate him

Coaster
07-03-07, 06:13 PM
Don't forget Wally was a big part of the Gold Coast seagulls, he will forever be ecthed in our history.

Old Diehard
07-03-07, 08:54 PM
Well, I'm not a stupid Queenslander, and why would I ever want to be,--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm all for anywhere but the statue. We're not all Queenslanders

After seeing some of the responses, I don't think the Wally Lewis statue is the place. Obviously we want to be an inclusive and not antagonise the Titans supporters from south of the border. Every one who has read my comments will know my opinion on Wally Lewis but it's obvious that rather than ostresize some fans, I suggest that a photo be taken at a place where the backdrop doesn't offend some fans.
Maybe the Caxton St Hotel ( they normally put a beer tent in the Car park at big games).

But again, it probably won't effect me because as stated previously, I have no intention of not being inside the stadium by 12:30 because my local league is very important too me!

DIEHARD
07-03-07, 11:18 PM
Don't forget Wally was a big part of the Gold Coast seagulls, he will forever be ecthed in our history.

Yep!

Wolfpak
07-03-07, 11:22 PM
Well anyway, we better agree on a location! I'm not an original Queenslander, but hey, for this occasion I'm willing to have Wally sharing the pic!

mr jemo
08-03-07, 05:48 PM
and have suncorp stadium in the back ground remember 10 days to go better make a decision

DIEHARD
08-03-07, 06:01 PM
I vote for Wally.

mr jemo
08-03-07, 06:03 PM
just cause its easy to access

MonaroMan
08-03-07, 06:12 PM
I'm not part of the legion, but I think that the Wally Lewis statue would be more suitable, with Lewis having played for a Gold Coast team in the past.

DIEHARD
08-03-07, 07:23 PM
Nothing stopping us taking a variety of pictures. But getting people at assemble at the Wally statue would be meaningful and easy for everyone to access.

Wolfpak
08-03-07, 07:30 PM
just cause its easy to access

and

I'm not part of the legion, but I think that the Wally Lewis statue would be more suitable, with Lewis having played for a Gold Coast team in the past.

Two reasons why I say we should meet at the Wally statue. And remember, I'm a New South Welshman at heart, especially at Origin time! But I have no problem with Wally being in the pic. Wally isn't the focus of the pic. Titan's fans at the history-making Round One game in their inaugural season is the focus of the pic. Wally is not what's important here, so why does it bother the NSW supporters? I am one of you guys, and I say we don't have a problem here! Bottom line, we will all be at the ground, so the pic should be taken at the ground. It's basic common sense, and much easier to round everyone up there, because we are already there! Not everyone will be at the Caxton, or any of the other places. But we all sure as hell will be at Suncorp! And the Wally statue is kind of hard to miss, especially to a Blues supporter like myself! So come on everyone, we are here for our team, not our state. I say take the pic at the Wally statue!

mr jemo
08-03-07, 10:21 PM
:roll: :ok:

Dakink
09-03-07, 12:15 PM
Can I wear my Dragons hat and Titans shirt???

Steve
09-03-07, 12:20 PM
As much as it pained me, I voted Wally.
Easiest landmark to find, it's not in a pub so anyone under 18 can be in the shot, and it's not inside the stadium where we might cause a blockage of the walkways and get moved on by security.

dean
09-03-07, 08:29 PM
I'm a mad blues supporter. Was always first to start the Walley is a W----R chant at every origin game at the SFS. But hey,Walley is an absolute legend of the game, and i must admit that even as an avid BLUES supporter i loved watching King Walley rip the Kiwis and Poms apart. A photo of me with the legion and King Walley in the background will do me just fine.

PROMETHEUS
09-03-07, 08:52 PM
Oh god,im jealous of all you lucky buggers at our maiden game as Titans..dont forget to post lots of photos!! :D

Hoppy2007Dragons
09-03-07, 09:32 PM
I'm hoping your all getting to the game 2 hours earlier, good luck getting a photo(esp a large group) without having other randoms jumping in, or sticking arms, tonuges flags etc or even giving you room. I suggest everyone waits a decent time after the game or before(this may have been discussed and i missed it if so sorry) if not just have a good think about it.

Old Diehard
09-03-07, 10:07 PM
I'm hoping your all getting to the game 2 hours earlier, good luck getting a photo(esp a large group) without having other randoms jumping in, or sticking arms, tonuges flags etc or even giving you room. I suggest everyone waits a decent time after the game or before(this may have been discussed and i missed it if so sorry) if not just have a good think about it.

Yeah - I expect you are right! Fact I thought the same thing would probably occur!

bigjim
10-03-07, 12:01 AM
Just a thought but would it be possible or agreeable to have a photo taken on the turf with the Titan mascot as the centrepiece.

Considering it is the Legion and the relationship with the team is and will be very close now and in the year's ahead I would think it would be easy to arrange.

Surely someone on the forum has the influence to arrange and isn't that what the mascot is for, after all.

Coaster
10-03-07, 12:15 AM
bigjim Just a thought but would it be possible or agreeable to have a photo taken on the turf with the Titan mascot as the centrepiece.

Considering it is the Legion and the relationship with the team is and will be very close now and in the year's ahead I would think it would be easy to arrange.

Surely someone on the forum has the influence to arrange and isn't that what the mascot is for, after all.

Ill answer this for Deegan

Ill will be announced shortly

:D :D

I wish he would stop calling me shortly

mr jemo
12-03-07, 10:41 PM
???????????????????????????

dee13
12-03-07, 11:23 PM
I think we should have a photo taken at the end of the field that the King Wally statue is on. Just inside the gates on the concourse there is like a disabled viewing platform behind the goalposts. I think it would make a great photo with the field, posts and stands behind us. Its an open area where everyone will fit with a great view of the field in the backshot.

mr jemo
13-03-07, 02:02 PM
well its a day till DeeGans big announcement regarding the photo so will see wat he says

Wolfpak
13-03-07, 10:52 PM
well its a day till DeeGans big announcement regarding the photo so will see wat he says

I'm thinking that the announcement concerns a lot more than just the photo lol

C-Whiz
22-03-07, 08:44 AM
Here is a pic of me and the young fella, at the statue pre-game. This is before I had to shave off all my hair for the Worlds Greatest Shave. Now I only have eyebrows......

Wolfpak
22-03-07, 07:40 PM
Here is a pic of me and the young fella, at the statue pre-game. This is before I had to shave off all my hair for the Worlds Greatest Shave. Now I only have eyebrows......

Cool pic, C-Whiz!

Hoppy2007Dragons
22-03-07, 10:59 PM
Hey c-whiz, i saw you after the game, you walked past, you were just a few rows in front i think, i can't forget that awesome paint art.

MonaroMan
22-03-07, 11:02 PM
I thought I saw the Legion getting their photo at the Wally statue on National Nine News on the night of the match. Can anyone confirm this?

dee13
23-03-07, 01:07 AM
I was there camera ready.... Lonegull was there camera ready.... What happened..... I think our forum photo should be rescheduled for Monday night before the game under the scoreboard at the Northern end.

Who saw my son up on the big screens at Suncorp. He was the little kid with the black and yellow face paint and the ABC Bricks hat. He wanted to be BLADE. LOL

DeeGan
23-03-07, 07:04 AM
Mis-communication is what happened.

The forum being down really stuffed us all around and I was there at the statue though no one would have known as I haven't posted a picture.

Check the relevant game thread for more info on what we are doing at Carrra.

Chelle79
23-03-07, 02:59 PM
I think our forum photo should be rescheduled for Monday night before the game under the scoreboard at the Northern end.

This is a good idea, is this where most of the general admission people will be sitting?

Steve
23-03-07, 03:03 PM
Good spot for the photo, I just wish I could be there.

Savannah
23-03-07, 06:05 PM
I was there camera ready.... Lonegull was there camera ready.... What happened..... I think our forum photo should be rescheduled for Monday night before the game under the scoreboard at the Northern end.

Who saw my son up on the big screens at Suncorp. He was the little kid with the black and yellow face paint and the ABC Bricks hat. He wanted to be BLADE. LOL

I saw him!! I have to admit I didn't quite get it at the time :?)
But yeah, I ended up getting tickets to the game, didn't get to the statue as I was commiserating the half-time score on the phone, haha. I met Boofhead though.

C-Whiz
24-03-07, 08:27 AM
Hey c-whiz, i saw you after the game, you walked past, you were just a few rows in front i think, i can't forget that awesome paint art.

Thanks mate! If I looked like this guy, it was probably me! Gonna be hard to replicate a full-on blue and yellow mo-hawk and beard when I've only got my eyebrows left though!

But I'm gonna be at the Monday night game and I've made a flag to rival Deegan/Diehard at the other end of the field. I'm definitely up for a photo at any end of the field. Let's make a DEFINITE TIME AND PLACE before Monday night.

So, sounds like...... 6.30pm, under the scoreboard, northern end. Be there or read about it in the forum on Tuesday! Any takers? We'll then have to migrate back to our General Nuisance area at the other end......

By the way, as if Gold Coasters are worried about the Cronulla Sharks. Haven't they heard about what's in our canals?

DeeGan
24-03-07, 09:52 AM
C-Whiz, lets not turn this in to a competiton, we all have the same goal ;)

We will be located here: here (http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9135) and we would hope the majority of those who frequent the forum will be there as well. If some can't, I am sure we will all get to meet up after the game.

Enjoy!

DIEHARD
24-03-07, 07:05 PM
So, sounds like...... 6.30pm, under the scoreboard, northern end. Be there or read about it in the forum on Tuesday! Any takers? We'll then have to migrate back to our General Nuisance area at the other end......

I will be there as always. See you there and I invite any other forum member to come over and say G'day.

Glad to hear you have made a flag, it is my dearest dream is assemble a traditional rugby league flag group. Of at least 4-6 flags. That would rock to see that on television and from the grandstands.

I'd love to see us work towards this before the middle of the season.

My current flag, I am very attached to. What it lacks in size it makes up for in spirit. It's like a talisman to me.

It has gone to...

Orara Sevens 2006 - The Titans first game in any guise.
Gold Coast v Melbourne @ Coffs.
Gold Coast v Parramatta @ Lismore.
Gold Coast v Penrith @ Carrara.
Teen Titans v Wynnum Manly Seagulls @ Wynnum.
Gold Coast v St George-Illawarra @ Lang Park.

It will hopefully get to a lot more games, as well as away games.

Building a couple new flags at the moment. Trying to build some diversity.

I'd also love to see more banners at the game on Monday.

So everyone, come over and meet other Coast fans underneath the scoreboard, before, during and after the match!

Cowboy Titan
24-03-07, 09:00 PM
We'll do our best to get there for 6:30. Will be great to meet as many of you as possible.

squirrell
25-03-07, 12:42 AM
MY DAUGHTER AND I WILL MEET UNDER THE SCOREBOARD BEFORE TAKING OUR SEATS IN STAND 2 NEXT DOOR.tHIS IS OUR 4TH GAME AND LOVING THE JOURNEY...WHOO HOOO TITANS 28 SHARKS 18

C-Whiz
25-03-07, 08:28 AM
C-Whiz, lets not turn this in to a competiton, we all have the same goal ;)

We will be located here: here (http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9135) and we would hope the majority of those who frequent the forum will be there as well. If some can't, I am sure we will all get to meet up after the game.

Enjoy!

Did any one see the HUGE St George flag/banner that covered half a bay at Suncorp? If you were there it was hard to miss. Bigger than the average house! Can someone whip up something like that on the Janome before tomorrow night?

DeeGan
25-03-07, 08:48 AM
Did any one see the HUGE St George flag/banner that covered half a bay at Suncorp? If you were there it was hard to miss. Bigger than the average house! Can someone whip up something like that on the Janome before tomorrow night?

Yeah mate - the marketing team I know are looking at "alternatives".

I can't offer more than that at this point, knocking something up before tomorrow night is unlikely champ.

dean
25-03-07, 08:49 AM
I'll be there for the photo. Titans by 14.

DIEHARD
25-03-07, 02:33 PM
I know they have the giant jersey and a giant logo.

I'm sure we will organise something in the future and debut it at an important match.

But you have to crawl before you can walk. That is the crowning glory of the Dragon Army, we need to build an army first.

travop
25-03-07, 02:53 PM
Now you just leave Wally alone - he's a god! and we don't need to dress him up!

well actually he used to captian the sea gulls
n did ne 1 see all the old chargers, seagulls, giants players at the game last sunday. they were standin round the bar at the southern stand

DIEHARD
25-03-07, 03:45 PM
well actually he used to captian the sea gulls
n did ne 1 see all the old chargers, seagulls, giants players at the game last sunday. they were standin round the bar at the southern stand

Yea mate had some fantastic old boys shirts.

With Giants and Titans logos on the breasts and Chargers and Seagulls on the sleeves.

I'm delighted the Titans are forming an old boys group, embracing all aspects of the Gold Coast's premiership history.