PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: Gold Coast Titans vs St George-Illawarra Dragons

DIEHARD
04-03-07, 04:10 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs St George-Illawarra Dragons
Sunday, March 18th 3:00pm; Suncorp Stadium

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpg v http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx3300.gif

Referee: Shayne Hayne.

Team Notes:

Gold Coast Titans.
* * * TO BE UPDATED * * *

St George-Illawarra.
Local juniors Dan Hunt (Dapto), Keith Lulia (Port Kembla) and Josh Morris (Kiama), along with Richard Williams and Lagi Setu will play their first NRL game while Luke MacDougall, Simon Woolford, Beau Scott, Adam Peek and Tony Caine will make their Dragons debut.

Unavailable Dragons are Mark Gasnier (pectoral), Mathew Head (knee), Sam Isemonger (knee), Brett Morris (thumb), Justin Poore (suspension) and Dean Young (knee).

Teams:

TITANS

Players:

1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Mat Rogers
4. Jake Webster
5. Chris Walker
6. Matt Hilder
7. Scott Prince ?
8. Luke Bailey?
9. Clint Amos
10. Kris Kahler
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Luke Swain

Interchange:

14. Michael Henderson
15. James Stosic
16. Mark Minichiello
17. Josh Graham
18. Brett Delaney
19. Nathan Friend

(Note 2 players to be omitted)

Coach: John Cartwright

DRAGONS

Players:
Josh Morris
Luke MacDougall
Keith Lulia
Matt Cooper
Wes Naiqama
Richard Williams
Ben Hornby
Dan Hunt
Simon Woolford
Jason Ryles
Ashton Sims
Beau Scott
Ben Creagh.

Interchange:

Adam Peek
Danny Wicks
Corey Payne
Tony Caine
Lagi Setu (one to be omitted).

Coach: Nathan Brown

***Please use this thread for game day spoilers and general match information***

patskE
04-03-07, 05:26 PM
i rkn we win this
watched dragons played, flat as, very boring to watch, without gaz, they be nothing i rkn go sons!

DeeGan
04-03-07, 05:34 PM
I won't worry too much about the trial form of the Dragons - they will compete and will be favourites surely heading in to the encounter.

The positive in playing the Dragons first up is this, they are traditionally slow out of the blocks at the start of the season. This might be compounded with the absence of Barrett, Bailey, Timmins, Gasnier, Head etc.

I am leaning toward a first up win :D

Steelers
04-03-07, 05:36 PM
The positive in playing the Dragons first up is this, they are traditionally slow out of the blocks at the start of the season. This might be compounded with the absence of Barrett, Bailey, Timmins, Gasnier, Head etc.

I am fairly sure that is the exact reason why Titans management wanted to play us first up, along with the fact that the Dragons always pull a crowd in SE QLD. This game is looking like a cracker, and will be historic in many ways. Too bad I will be playing in a cricket finals match on the Sunday :(

DIEHARD
04-03-07, 05:44 PM
It was a good choice for a first up opponent.

Traditionally slow starters and big crowd pullers in SEQLD. With the absence of so much experience and star players, 2007 will prove to be even tougher.

I'm confident of a Titans maiden victory!

Sideline Eye
04-03-07, 06:06 PM
It was a good choice for a first up opponent.

Traditionally slow starters and big crowd pullers in SEQLD. With the absence of so much experience and star players, 2007 will prove to be even tougher.

I'm confident of a Titans maiden victory!
I've tipped the Titans first up especially after Gasnier has been ruled out. It will be tough though. It would be a huge boost for the rebirth of the Gold Coast side. :radio:

Steve
04-03-07, 06:50 PM
Should be a good match, and even with their injured players out, the dragons won't be a walkover.

And a good reminder for anyone without tickets to get them as soon as possible. The seats being sold now are in the nose bleed section, seats almost never needed. So it's gonna be a sell out. I wouldn't like to try buying at the gate.

DIEHARD
04-03-07, 06:54 PM
That's a fact Steve. A timely warning.

None of us true fans want to see other true fans miss out!

So we implore you all to get in and get tickets before all the bandwagoners.

Make it a point, first thing on Monday, TICKETS FOR THE TITANS!!!

See you there!

bigjim
05-03-07, 06:35 PM
It will be really interesting to see the split of team colours in the stadium.
This will be the real measure of support the team can expect going forward.

This is a home game fixture for the Titans but with the strong fan base the Dragons have in SE Qld and the fact its at Lang Park, and there will be a number of Bronco fans there to spoil the party and side with Dragons fans.

I'd hate to see the Titan fans out numbered and the team put at disadvantage support wise.

Saying all that, the Titans will kick ass, for no better reason than history is waiting to be written and no team of Dragons, Horses, Tigers, Pumas, Eels, Rabbits, Roosters, Bulldogs or fluffy clouds are going to stand in their way.

Go The Titans!! :win:

DIEHARD
07-03-07, 02:37 PM
An update on tickets,

Availability:
gold Alloc. Exhausted
steel Alloc. Exhausted
blue Available
blue unlic Single seats only
white Available
white unlic Available
away team supp blue Single seats only
away team sup white Available

Anyone reading this without tickets, go organise them now if you want to witness our maiden NRL match.

Dakink
07-03-07, 03:21 PM
Ohh what an odyssey in confusion!!!

What do I do.. Wont someone please help me!!!

Might need to wear my Titans Shirt and Dragons Hat!!!

Ohh woe is me....

Still not sure who that voice is though....

Teegy
07-03-07, 07:44 PM

Ohh woe is me....

ofcourse Dakink it should be red and white till the day you die

TITAN PETE
07-03-07, 08:12 PM

Ohh woe is me....

Do not fret :!: the Titans have your problem solved , for game 1 the Titans are producing 500 caps with the Titans v's Stgeorge which will be available from the Robina store & at Suncorp but u'll need to get in early i don't think they'll last.

Dragons
07-03-07, 08:25 PM

Ohh woe is me....

Dakink and Teegy, I know how you feel boys lets hold it together and join hands and pray. As you all know I have been a loyal Dragons supporter all my life and have been following the Gold Coast teams since they first started (only because they were my local team). I have never felt this strong to a team (Titans) ever (outside the Dragon) but, let see how we go as the season unfolds. Anyway what wrong with supporting three teams lol

Steelers
07-03-07, 09:28 PM
An update on tickets,

Anyone reading this without tickets, go organise them now if you want to witness our maiden NRL match.

I am seriously considering not playing in my cricket final and going to this game, especially considering there are still tickets left for the away supporters bay :) The only problem is I have to go down to Brisbane to buy the tickets, as I don't have a credit card :cry:

patskE
08-03-07, 03:34 PM
we are fav's for this match according to the tab

MonaroMan
08-03-07, 04:48 PM
I tipped Titans. It would certainly be good to see a win on first official match :D

ivano88
08-03-07, 09:02 PM
Arguably the most epic, most hyped, and the most anticipated match of the round. The newcomers the Gold Coast Titans against the Little Lizards...I mean Dragons lol. Although I hope I do not get crucified for this particular post by the legions of Titans fans (and god bless your souls), the beach boys will put up a resilient fight in their maiden NRL match but maybe go down by 10 against St George. If the Titans win instead, good on them ;)

batteryboy
10-03-07, 03:17 AM
Can't wait for the first game, we've got an 8 seat corporate box at both Suncorp games. Go The Tits!!!!!

jake86
10-03-07, 03:25 AM
Now that is something I have to see to...I havnt bought tickets yet. I'd hate to miss the beggining of our legacy

patskE
10-03-07, 03:46 PM
talking to ym m8 whos a football nut
apparently no team has won their 1st game
hopeuflly we can prove this fact wrong
GO TITANS
HOO HOO

Robbie_Dee
10-03-07, 03:49 PM
apparently no team has won their 1st gameok then...

I take it you mean no new team has one their first match...

Titans have a real chance here to break history, if your mates right!

Broncos thats my team
10-03-07, 04:11 PM
talking to ym m8 whos a football nut
apparently no team has won their 1st game
hopeuflly we can prove this fact wrong
GO TITANS
HOO HOO

actually perth melbourn and brisbane 1 there 1st ever premieship games

Steve
12-03-07, 03:32 PM
gold Alloc. Exhausted
steel Alloc. Exhausted
blue Single seats only
blue unlic Single seats only
white Available
white unlic Available
away team supp blue Single seats only
away team sup white Available

A week away, and there's not much left!

shavenjas
12-03-07, 04:58 PM
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season for the Dragon's :D

shavenjas
12-03-07, 05:10 PM
It should be great to see the Titans kick off this Sunday, i just wish they were playing a better opposition, this should be a walk over for the Titans, the Dragons look shot this year :D Titans 36 - Dragons 2

Robbie_Dee
12-03-07, 05:15 PM
I can't make it to the game unfortunately...Will i be able to catch this game on Free To Air TV this sunday?

Boofhead
12-03-07, 05:31 PM
Will be there GateB, Aisle 320, Row 7.

Titans 18
STGI 10

PROMETHEUS
12-03-07, 07:14 PM
I can't make it to the game unfortunately...Will i be able to catch this game on Free To Air TV this sunday?
Yep its the sunday game on ch 9..starts at 4 pm!!! :radio:

PROMETHEUS
12-03-07, 07:47 PM
Gday all,was wondering what everyone thought the scoreline from the Titans historic first win will be! :D
My pick:Titans 28-Dragons 10

Dragons
12-03-07, 07:49 PM
Dragons 23 Titans 22

dean
12-03-07, 08:02 PM
Titans 24 Dragons 8

dee13
12-03-07, 08:04 PM
Titans 22 - Dragons 18

TITAN PETE
12-03-07, 08:17 PM
TITANS 22-14 but i'd be happy if it's 2-0 as long as it's our way :D .

Robbie_Dee
12-03-07, 08:54 PM
I reckon it'll be about 24-18 Titans way!

Robbie_Dee
12-03-07, 08:57 PM
Yep its the sunday game on ch 9..starts at 4 pm!!! :radio:Hell YEEEEAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait! Would have loved to go and watch it live, but it was either Cowboys v Broncos, or This one, and i aint gunna back down going to watch the cowboys play :box:

Titans for a win! :D

Tamwelg
12-03-07, 08:58 PM
Titan 16 - St George 10

Titans try scores - Walker, Rogers and Campbell

mr jemo
12-03-07, 09:25 PM
will have to grab one of them hats though

patskE
12-03-07, 11:14 PM
i thoguht i read somewere the lineup would be out 2day? :S
who u rkn will play fullback n 5/8?

dee13
13-03-07, 12:46 AM
i thoguht i read somewere the lineup would be out 2day? :S
who u rkn will play fullback n 5/8?
At 7pm tuesday night, Foxsports have a rugby league show that has all of the lineups for the weeks round

Future Star
13-03-07, 08:28 AM
I think they have the line-ups in the papers...

Queenslander
13-03-07, 08:39 AM
ADDITIONAL RAIL SERVICES TO MEET DEMAND FOR FIRST GC TITANS GAME

http://www.titans.com.au/images/pictures/large/suncorp%205.jpg

Rugby League fans wanting to be part of the Gold Coast Titans historic first game in the National Rugby League at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday 18 March are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets and catch early public transport services to the venue.

With pre-sales indicating a likely crowd of around 40,000 fans Titans General Manager of Operations and Media, Ian Buchanan said the Club wanted people to plan ahead and not leave the purchase of tickets to the day.

?The first game in any club?s history is unique and special and we?re working closely with Stadium and transport officials to ensure the day runs as smoothly as possible.

?With all that we have planned, the atmosphere will be electric and we want as many people as possible to witness a part of Rugby League history in Queensland.

?Our message is very clear ? purchase tickets now to guarantee your seat for the game to take advantage of the free travel to Suncorp Stadium. Pre-purchase of tickets will also ensure expedient entry into the Stadium on game day,? he said.

Ticket details can be purchased online at www.ticktek.com.au or by calling Ticketek Phonecharge on 13 28 49.

Patrons are also advised to plan their journey in advance and arrive early. Gates open on the day at 12 noon with a preliminary game and a stunning pre-match entertainment package prior to the big kick-off.

Fans can also use their game day ticket to catch a free Surfside bus to meet regular timetabled train services combined with additional trains to cater for the anticipated large number of Gold Coast residents attending the game.

Significant planning and consultation between the Titans and Suncorp Stadium has taken place in recent months, resulting in additional rail services departing Robina from 10.27am on game day to meet demand.

Another option is to park and ride on the Brisbane Transport bus service which departs from Eight Mile Plains / Mt Gravatt (Garden City) and travels to the Stadium via the south-east busway.

Public transport timetables can be found on www.translink.com.au or by phoning Translink on 13 12 30.

Suncorp Stadium General Manager, Paul Sergeant urged patrons to not leave their journey to the last minute, to be patient when leaving the Stadium after the game and but most of all, enjoy the day.

?It is important the Titans first ever game in the NRL gets off to the best possible start.

?With the fans helping us to help them, we can aim to deliver an event that will live long in the memory,? Mr Sergeant said.

www.titans.com.au

Dakink
13-03-07, 09:23 AM
Ill be there - in the boondocks - but there nevertheless.

Got a big crew of us going up!!!

Is anyone meeting at the ground to say gday?

DIEHARD
13-03-07, 09:37 AM
Ill be there - in the boondocks - but there nevertheless.

Got a big crew of us going up!!!

Is anyone meeting at the ground to say gday?

Yea mate, got some plans, also planning a wholesale meet up after the game at the Wally statue, good meet and greet and photo opportunity. From there we can slipt up for celebratory drinks....well Gold Coast fans can at least. :D

Steel Dragon
13-03-07, 09:46 AM
Gold Coast Titans 28 (M. Rogers, L. Bailey, P. Campbell, S. Prince, C. Walker tries, Prince 4 goals) d St.George-Illawarra Dragons 16 (B. Morris, M. Cooper, S. Woolford tries, W. Naiqama 2 goals). HT: Titans 12-4. Scrums: Dragons 9-7. Penalties: Titans 11-6. MOTM: Scott Prince (Titans). Crowd: 49,301.

Jason

mb63
13-03-07, 10:03 AM
Dragons 18
Titans 14

DeeGan
13-03-07, 10:13 AM
Squad being posted on first page ion two minutes.

Titans Media release:

Tough calls for Cartwright as the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans announce their inaugural team!

Who to leave out - loomed as the biggest dilemma for Jetstar Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright when selecting his starting seventeen plus two emergency reserves for Sunday?s NRL season opener against St George Illawarra at Suncorp Stadium.

With a squad of twenty eight to choose from and a summer of solid training including trial wins against Parramatta and Penrith behind them, there are many players who will consider themselves unlucky to be watching the season opening blockbuster from the sidelines.

The squad named is testament to the skill and versatility of the Gold Coast Titans players and the fierce internal competition among squad members for a place in the history making team.

John Cartwright said, ?I have picked the side based on preparation and performance during our trial games, however with most players seeing only limited time on the field, there were certainly some very tough calls to be made..?

?At the end of the day I have named a very strong team that I believe can get the job done for us on Sunday and having a surplus of quality players to choose from isn?t a bad problem to have from a coaching point of view,? said Cartwright.

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans squad to play St George Illawarra

1. Preston Campbell

2. Lelea Paea

3. Mat Rogers

4. Jake Webster

5. Chris Walker

6. Matt Hilder

7. Scott Prince ?

8. Luke Bailey?

9. Clint Amos

10. Kris Kahler

11. Anthony Laffranchi

12. Gavin Cooper

13. Luke Swain

14. Michael Henderson

15. James Stosic

16. Mark Minichiello

17. Josh Graham

18. Brett Delaney

19. Nathan Friend Note 2 players to be omitted

Coach John Cartwright will be available for comment on the team and the sides preparation for Sundays match at the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans head office from 1.00pm today Tuesday March 13th.

Kingytek
13-03-07, 10:21 AM
Awesome....Apart from Preston with the number 1 I'm happy

patskE
13-03-07, 10:43 AM
yeh ture mmmm i rkn the swap during the game but
sloting in walker at fb, webster on wing then delaney or graham will come on n presto to hooker

grunta
13-03-07, 10:50 AM
Titans 18 Dragons 6

Queenslander
13-03-07, 11:16 AM
Campbell handed key Titans role

March 13, 2007

GOLD Coast utility Preston Campbell has won the contentious fullback role for the Titans' historic NRL season-opener with St George Illawarra at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

It was thought Campbell would come off the bench and rotate with hooker Clint Amos, but former Melbourne rake Nathan Friend could make a surprise comeback from a shoulder injury after being named in a 19-man squad this morning.

Former Penrith five-eighth Campbell has swapped between fullback and hooker during pre-season trial wins over Parramatta and Penrith.

He was locked in a battle for the No.1 jersey with former Queensland Origin flyer Chris Walker and England's Richie Mathers.

As expected, coach John Cartwright named Anthony Laffranchi in the team, despite the ex-Wests Tigers backrower being charged with sexually assaulting a woman in Sydney last year.

And, fresh from finalising a one-year deal with the Titans, Walker will play on the wing against the Dragons and is likely to be the team's No.1 goalkicker ahead of Campbell.

Internationals Mat Rogers and Jake Webster form the centres pairing.

Former Canberra prop Kris Kahler's excellent pre-season form has forced young gun Michael Henderson to the bench.

Rugby convert Josh Graham is another player to impress Cartwright, and is expected to claim the interchange utility role ahead of former Parramatta centre Brett Delaney.

"I have picked the side based on preparation and performance during our trial games," he said.

"However, with most players seeing only limited time on the field, there were certainly some very tough calls to be made.

"I have named a very strong team that I believe can get the job done for us on Sunday, and having a surplus of quality players to choose from isn't a bad problem to have from a coaching point of view."

AAP

jenny
13-03-07, 11:20 AM
Titans 26
Dragons 16

Hindyscrack
13-03-07, 11:41 AM
Friend at 19? One of Melbournes best in 2006... What's happened to him?

Dakink
13-03-07, 11:45 AM
As much as it hurts,

Titans 26 - Dragons 10

Steve
13-03-07, 12:11 PM
Friend at 19? One of Melbournes best in 2006... What's happened to him?

I think he's been injured and hasn't played yet? Probably waiting to see if he comes good.

dan the man
13-03-07, 01:02 PM
i think this lineup cannot be right.. u would think walker would be @ fullback and that hilder on the bench and preston in the halves.... it is a shame delaney does not get a run in the centres ...he signs to be a permanent centre and then matt rogers comes and well you have to accommodate a player like that!

rolande
13-03-07, 01:21 PM
why the hell isn't Campbell at 5/8th. Either him or David Myles, he was an integral part of the Cowboys making the finals and upsetting eventual premiers The Bulldogs in 2004.

Dakink
13-03-07, 01:43 PM
I personally dont like Campbell as a traditional 5\8. I dontm mind him wearing the 6 but we then need to hide him in defence. This allows him the freedom to bob up anywhere inattack as he has shown he is most dangerous when injecting himself.

mr jemo
13-03-07, 02:04 PM
id like to see it maybe in a trial next year

Steve
13-03-07, 02:12 PM
I'm willing to wait and see how the team goes. I doubt this will be the final lineup for the year. Trials have helped, but full games with limited interchange, and the players not swapping positions constantly will give a true idea of how they'll go.

It's still a strong team, and the main reason some players are in positions some people wouldn't like is because of too much talent. I'll take that over trying desperately to field a team.

Hoppy2007Dragons
13-03-07, 02:46 PM
Dragons 22
Titans 14

Queenslander
13-03-07, 04:06 PM
DRAGONS NAME FIVE NRL DEBUTANTS FOR TITANS CLASH
Tuesday 13 Mar 2007 16:50
by (Press Release)
Source: www.dragons.com.au

St George Illawarra Coach Nathan Brown has today named five rookie's to make their NRL debut for the Club against the Titans at Suncorp Stadium this Sunday.

Local juniors Dan Hunt (Dapto), Keith Lulia (Port Kembla) and Josh Morris (Kiama), along with Richard Williams and Lagi Setu will play their first NRL game while Luke MacDougall, Simon Woolford, Beau Scott, Adam Peek and Tony Caine will make their Dragons debut.

Brown said, "Everyone at the Dragons is excited about the opening game of the season but especially the guys making their NRL debut.

"They have worked hard and proved that they are capable of playing at the top level and we are confident they will do well."

Unavailable Dragons are Mark Gasnier (pectoral), Mathew Head (knee), Sam Isemonger (knee), Brett Morris (thumb), Justin Poore (suspension) and Dean Young (knee).

Dragons team: Josh Morris, Luke MacDougall, Keith Lulia, Matt Cooper, Wes Naiqama, Richard Williams, Ben Hornby, Dan Hunt, Simon Woolford, Jason Ryles, Ashton Sims, Beau Scott, Ben Creagh. Subs: Adam Peek, Danny Wicks, Corey Payne, Tony Caine, Lagi Setu (one to be omitted).

News sent by: www.dragons.com.au

Hoppy2007Dragons
13-03-07, 04:49 PM
A pretty decent dragons squad, although their are many rookies, ive heard great things about them and have seen some form in trial matches, last year premier league and i like the look of many of them.

I think it should be a cracker of a game.

Chaos
13-03-07, 04:55 PM
Good side with a very strong bench...keep an eye out for Minichello's defence this year....I assume 'The Axe' has given him a few pointers.

TITAN FOREVER
13-03-07, 05:28 PM
Titans 22 Dragons 18 in match thriller. Titans score right on the bell :fence:

Titanium_BD1103
13-03-07, 05:30 PM
It's a decent side... not sure I'd have Preston at 1... rather at 9, and Delaney on the bench even after injury... I'd rather start him at centre with Rogers.

With Injury though it's still a very competitive side and a strong bench... I look forward to O'Dwyer returning from injury and Friend regaining fitness... will make for a greater side... :)

Overall though nice job Titans for round 1, that side will serve you well... :D

Tamwelg
13-03-07, 06:20 PM
not sure I'd have Preston at 1

I agree, he will be destructive in any position, but I think he may see a few high bombs come his way.

shavenjas
13-03-07, 06:50 PM
Titans 32 Nathan Clowns boys 2 :D

TITAN PETE
13-03-07, 08:19 PM
I think it's a great team & good to see Carty has awarded players who have shone through in the trials.
Anyone who saw the Parra trial watched Campbell start at fullback & was kept away from the big defence in the 1st 20 & then he slipped into 5/8 to put on the 1st 2 tries before finishing at hooker which then gave Walker the no1 where he was awesome & i expect a similar game play from those 2 guys on Sunday.
I agree 100% with Chaos that the bench is very strong & i aslo reckon Minichello will be brilliant with his defence & it will be his best year yet.
Congrats also to Kahler & Josh Graham who have had great trial form to win a spot in the top squad.

Well done guys our moment of truth is near :box: !

Dragons
13-03-07, 08:43 PM
Titans 32 Nathan Clowns boys 2 :D
Want to have a wager on that jas?

Social Loafer
13-03-07, 09:11 PM
Titans 2-1 Dragons.

Steelers
13-03-07, 09:14 PM
Dragons 20 - Titans 10

Steelers
13-03-07, 09:18 PM
DRAGONS

Players:
Josh Morris
Luke MacDougall
Keith Lulia
Matt Cooper
Wes Naiqama
Richard Williams
Ben Hornby
Dan Hunt
Simon Woolford
Jason Ryles
Ashton Sims
Beau Scott
Ben Creagh.

Interchange:

Adam Peek
Danny Wicks
Corey Payne
Tony Caine
Lagi Setu (one to be omitted).

That is a very unknown team. There are more known names in the Canberra side than that Dragons side IMO :|

TITAN PETE
13-03-07, 10:04 PM
Titans 2-1 Dragons.

I understand what your saying Schifty
Titans win at Suncorp
Dragons win at Kogarah
Titans win 1st semi beating Dragons.

Nice, i like someone who's thinking of the future.

jake86
13-03-07, 10:39 PM
Good side, but I think it would be better with:
-Mathers at FB
-Campbell at 5-8, switch with hooker throughout game
-Kahler not in the front row...admittedly I havnt seen the trials but surely he isnt big enough

Should be a good game nonetheless

Steel Dragon
14-03-07, 12:33 AM
Works, except for the fact the return bout is at WIN (on my birthday too - happy days!) :)

Jason

Future Star
14-03-07, 07:24 AM
Titans, a hard fought win 18-16.

jake86
14-03-07, 07:37 AM
A great defensive display and some late tries will see the titans win this 28-12

squirrell
14-03-07, 09:40 AM
A nervous titans opening but the incredible support from 40000 titans fans sees them run riot over a bewildered dragons who run out of puff in the last quarter.final flogging 38 -24 with the titans wanting the game to never end..the train journey back to robina would be awesome!!!!

Steve
14-03-07, 10:18 AM
Well, when I dreamt about the game the other day, it was 42-10 to the Titans, so i'm gonna go with that. :D

Steelers
20-03-07, 06:40 PM
Titans fans, you should all be proud of the performance of your team! It was one hell of a game, and in the end we only just won it. You defended valiantly throughout the game, which really impressed me, but your atack alng hat backline was amazing. I was amazed at some of the moves and runs your boys were coming up with. You play like you did on Sunday for the rest of the season, and you are going to be REAL contenders for the title this year.

Steve
20-03-07, 06:44 PM
I was most impressed with the way we played, the defence was rock solid for the most part, just a few lapses out wide, which the Dragons pounced on.

Walker was sensational, and the first try... right where I was sitting! Awesome. :D I was worried when I saw him come off at the end. Now the broken thumb. :/

Swain seemed everywhere in defence, and Bailey was just awesome in both attack and defence. Preston may have made a few mistakes, but he says it was just nerves, and keeping in mind he was playing out of position, he really did tear them up, he can only improve in the 1 jersey.

I was disappointed to lose, but really, it was one hell of a game, and the crowd was fantastic.