PDA

View Full Version : Trial: Gold Coast Titans vs Penrith Panthers

DIEHARD
25-02-07, 06:57 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/images/pictures/large/front-page-anim-new.gif (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANPRE07&searchId=0c1da6b3-899b-4958-af28-882118d0aea9)

Gold Coast Titans vs Penrith Panthers
Carrara Stadium, Friday 2nd March 7:30pm.

Referee: TBA

Team Notes:

Titans:

Gold Coast forwards Brad Meyers (ankle) and Mark Minichiello (thumb) have been ruled out while prop Michael Henderson returns from a hamstring strain.

John Cartwright has named Chris Walker at fullback for the club's trial against Penrith at Carrara on Friday night.

Walker, 27, is virtually assured of landing a one-year incentive-based contract with the Titans following his impressive pre-season form but he won't be signing the deal until next week.
Panthers:

Teams:

TITANS:

1. Chris WALKER
2. Matt PETERSEN
3. Mat ROGERS
4. Jake WEBSTER
5. Lelea PAEA
6. Matt HILDER
7. Scott PRINCE
8. Luke BAILEY
9. Clint AMOS
10. Michael HENDERSON
11. Anthony LAFFRANCHI
12. Gavin COOPER
13. Luke SWAIN
Interchange:

14. James STOSIC
15. Kris KAHLER
16. Luke O'DWYER
17. Preston CAMPBELL
18. Richie MATHERS
19. Brett DELANEY
20. Josh GRAHAM
21. Smith SAMAU
PANTHERS:

Paul AITON
Matthew BELL
Joel CLINTON
Matthew CROSS
Brett FIRMAN
Michael GORDON
Craig GOWER
Luke LEWIS
Junior MOORS
Luke PRIDDIS
Frank PULETUA
Tony PULETUA
Luke ROONEY
Interchange:

Nathan SMITH
Peter WALLACE
Trent WATERHOUSE
Rhys WESSER
Brendan WORTH
Nick YOUNGQUEST.

Jetstar Titans v Penrith Panthers

Friday night March the 2nd and for the first time EVER the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will play on the Gold Coast, in front of a community that has waited eight long years to have a team back playing in the National Rugby League.

The match against Penrith is the Clubs final trial before the Telstra Premiership opener and Coach John Cartwright will field his strongest line up against his old club the Penrith Panthers.

Luke Swain, Preston Campbell and Football Manager Scott Sattler also have fond memories of their time at the Panthers as all were part of the Clubs 2003 Premiership winning team.

There?ll be little time for pleasantries this time round though with the Titans look to put on a good show for what promises to be a capacity crowd at Carrara Stadium.

Don?t miss your chance to be apart of this historic event, book your game tickets and season memberships through Ticketek on 07 34046669 right now and get ready to take off with the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans in 2007.

* * * UPDATED SOON * * *

Steelers
25-02-07, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this game sold out very quickly, especially with Carty promising to field his strongest team.

TITAN PETE
26-02-07, 10:07 AM
After the performance against the Eels i think there could be a new ground record come Friday night :D .

Chelle79
26-02-07, 01:52 PM
I have my tickets already I can't wait to see them in action for the first time!

DIEHARD
26-02-07, 03:26 PM
I have my tickets already I can't wait to see them in action for the first time!

It will be amazing, first game on home soil!

Coaster
26-02-07, 03:35 PM
Why are they doing roadworks outside Carrara?

Is this another game being played by Clarke?

Does anyone know when this is supposed to be completed?

TITAN PETE
26-02-07, 04:00 PM
The roadworks are an upgrade to help with traffic flow around the stadium & are supposed to be finished by the 1st round (stop laughing).
They may be a touch late.

C-Whiz
26-02-07, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this game sold out very quickly, especially with Carty promising to field his strongest team.

yep, was at Ticketek today picking up tix, only a handfull of reserved stadium seating left in only 2 sections. Dunno how much general admission there is, but I wouldn't be taking my chances at the gate......

Chelle79
26-02-07, 07:52 PM
Where is everyone sitting?

We have tickets in Section E11 Row D

Pale Ale Panther
26-02-07, 08:08 PM
WE got our tkts the day they went on sale, we didn't want to miss out on seeing the mighty Panthers. :D most of us will be on the Southern hill, i can't wait, will see you all there. lets hope for a big crowd and an even bigger Panthers win.......................... :box:

Boofhead
26-02-07, 08:51 PM
Section E7! Go the mighty titans! :D

C-Whiz
27-02-07, 06:02 AM
We'll be in the General Nuisance area... oops, I mean Licenced General Admission area. Only problem is you only get half the value, because one half of the game you don't get to see the TITANS keep crossing the line! I'll just listen for the cheers!

Steve
27-02-07, 07:50 AM
Unlicensed GA for me!

Unfortunately i'll be wearing black, can't bring myself to cheer for anyone against the Panthers!

squirrell
27-02-07, 11:27 AM
e9..bring it on penrith pussycats :box:

eelectrica
27-02-07, 03:21 PM
Ah damn, going to have to get tickets this afternoon after work. Hopefully there's still some left. Don't know why I left it this long.

Pale Ale Panther
27-02-07, 08:30 PM
Unlicensed GA for me!

Unfortunately i'll be wearing black, can't bring myself to cheer for anyone against the Panthers!

don't stress Steve you won't be on your own. :D GO THE PANTHERS !!! :D

travis burch
27-02-07, 09:09 PM
don't stress Steve you won't be on your own. :D GO THE PANTHERS !!! :D

That's funny, funny stuff....

Wait a sec...

You're not serious, right?

DIEHARD
28-02-07, 01:48 AM
Heads up crew, tickets are still available. Go get them ASAP.

And remember to get there early to avoid the bother and prepare yourself to witness history!

I'll be GA, so come and say G'day! Just introduce yourself with your call sign. :D

Queenslander
28-02-07, 01:35 PM
Gold Coast Titans

1. Chris WALKER
2. Matt PETERSEN
3. Mat ROGERS
4. Jake WEBSTER
5. Lelea PAEA
6. Matt HILDER
7. Scott PRINCE
8. Luke BAILEY
9. Clint AMOS
10. Michael HENDERSON
11. Anthony LAFFRANCHI
12. Gavin COOPER
13. Luke SWAIN
Interchange:

14. James STOSIC
15. Kris KAHLER
16. Luke O'DWYER
17. Preston CAMPBELL
18. Richie MATHERS
19. Brett DELANEY
20. Josh GRAHAM
21. Smith SAMAU

from www.qrl.com.au

Walker named in Titans squad

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 1:18 PM

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright has named former NRL bad boy Chris Walker at fullback for the club's trial against Penrith at Carrara on Friday night.

Former Queensland Origin centre Walker, 27, is virtually assured of landing a one-year incentive-based contract with the Titans following his impressive pre-season form but he won't be signing the deal until next week.

Cartwright used Preston Campbell at the back in last weekend's 22-10 win over Parramatta in Lismore but he has named the former Penrith five-eighth on an eight-man bench in the trial against Campbell's old club.

Dual international Mat Rogers has been given another chance to shake off the cobwebs following a quiet 40 minutes against the Eels - his first NRL match since 2001.

Gold Coast forwards Brad Meyers (ankle) and Mark Minichiello (thumb) have been ruled out while prop Michael Henderson returns from a hamstring strain.

The trial will be the Titans' final hit-out before they face St George Illawarra in their premiership-opener at Suncorp Stadium on March 18.

Titans squad: Chris Walker, Matthew Petersen, Mat Rogers, Jake Webster, Lelea Paea, Matt Hilder, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Clint Amos, Michael Henderson, Anthony Laffranchi, Gavin Cooper, Luke Swain. Interchange: James Stosic, Kris Kahler, Luke O'Dwyer, Preston Campbell, Richie Mathers, Brett Delaney, Josh Graham, Smith Samau.

Source: AAP

Pale Ale Panther
28-02-07, 06:53 PM
That's funny, funny stuff....

Wait a sec...

You're not serious, right?

i think there might be more than 2 or 3 Panthers fans there on friday night. just wait and see, we may even have suprise or 2 ??????????? :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

patskE
28-02-07, 07:11 PM
god knows y u wouldnt leave walker on the wing n put mathers at fullback
peterson is horrid :O
mathers was one of the best english fullbacks, give him a chance to settle in
i dont turst walker defence at fullback, he dont make try saving tackles tbh
peterson isnt the best, he goes the job, but does nothing speical bar run from dummy half across feild making a loss of 1m
bench him
mathers at number 1
n walker at number 2
thats would be myselction

PROMETHEUS
28-02-07, 07:20 PM
Go titans,lick those pussies! :D

travis burch
28-02-07, 07:33 PM
i think there might be more than 2 or 3 Panthers fans there on friday night. just wait and see, we may even have suprise or 2 ??????????? :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

I think it's great you'll be there and you'll already be dressed in black... just like you're going to a funeral.

Pale Ale Panther
28-02-07, 07:44 PM
I think it's great you'll be there and you'll already be dressed in black... just like you're going to a funeral.

thats true i'll be in a Penrith Panthers jumper, so what will you be wearing ? perhaps a Giants Jumper or a Seagulls jumper or a Chargers Jumper or a Titans jumper ? you guys have had a few go's at this....... 40 years and still going strong ! :D

~lee~
28-02-07, 08:03 PM
peterson isnt the best, he goes the job, but does nothing speical bar run from dummy half across feild making a loss of 1m

Its surprising how often he done that at Parra, 9/10 he would run sideways. He is a legend though.

PROMETHEUS
28-02-07, 09:03 PM
thats true i'll be in a Penrith Panthers jumper, so what will you be wearing ? perhaps a Giants Jumper or a Seagulls jumper or a Chargers Jumper or a Titans jumper ? you guys have had a few go's at this....... 40 years and still going strong ! :D
Been to penrith leagues and seen how many jersey changes penrith have had? :sick:
And that alternate jersey of yours... :nope:

jake86
28-02-07, 09:32 PM
Surely that cant be our strongest side(1-5 at least)

Mathers
Webster
Rogers
ODwyer
Walker

That looks much better...Never rated Peterson or Paea

travis burch
28-02-07, 09:44 PM

Wow, 40 years of history, that is impressive. How bad would it look for you guys, with your 40 years of history and all, to go down to team that has only played twice?

I almost hope you win just so you can be spared all that unnecessary embarrassment and humiliation.

Almost. :D

dee13
28-02-07, 11:03 PM
I was on my way home from work this afternoon and realised, I live across the road from the hotel that the Penrith Panthers are staying at. :!:

If any of the boys get sick in the next 24 hours... It wasn't me :D

Steve
01-03-07, 04:05 PM
I'm a bit curious, are our tickets valid for travel on the train down the coast for the trial? (and will they be for the season games?)

DeeGan
02-03-07, 07:42 AM
We will try and get LIVE scores through from DIEHARD tonight for those not able to attend.

For those attending enjoy the last trial game before the season starts! :D

Nathalie
02-03-07, 09:52 AM
I have been wanting to go to this game SO BADLY... but unfortunately things have come up which prevent me from doing so.

This Sunday, Shaun and I will be celebrating our first anniversary. One year since we officially became a couple. On one hand, it seems like forever but on the other hand, I can't believe it's already been a year! I was REALLY looking forward to celebrating it, especially considering that our first child (for both of us) is due next month. It's definitely been a long haul, and I'm so proud of us for making it through this time. The thing is, it's come up that we've had to pay double rent this week, and of course, the bills have decided to come in all at once (so much so that we can't even pay them all this week, have to pay some next week). I would've LOVED to have celebrated our anniversary by going to the Titans game tonight - I was really looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe. We really want to get into supporting the Titans and we plan on taking the little one to the games once she's born (due April 27th but I don't think she'll hold on til then :p ), she can be a Titans mascot :laugh: But unfortunately because of all that's happened, we can't go and we're both extremely disappointed.

To all those who are going, have lots of fun, make lots of merriment and have a few beers for Shaun! :) And remember to take lots of pictures so I can see what I've missed out on.

Nat :)

Steve
02-03-07, 11:13 AM
Sorry to hear that Nathalie, i'm sure it'll be a great game, and hopefully can run into some forum people (even if i'm in black today!)

And congrats on the 1 year! Hopefully just the first of many. :D

Nathalie
02-03-07, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear that Nathalie, i'm sure it'll be a great game, and hopefully can run into some forum people (even if i'm in black today!)

And congrats on the 1 year! Hopefully just the first of many. :D

It sure will be. At least we'll be spending the day together - but it would've been SO AWESOME to go to the game tonight :cry:

patskE
02-03-07, 11:39 AM
could someone possible sms me the final score? as i will be out? contact us via the messaging system n ill giva ya my number as i will be unable to get to a computer were i will be at 2night
cheers!

Coaster
02-03-07, 11:46 AM
AHHH its tonight, i thought it was tommorow night, bah this throws a spanner in the works.

patskE
02-03-07, 11:51 AM
ahaha coaster luv the bottom sig
were u get those pics from?

Coaster
02-03-07, 12:45 PM
Courier mail i think it was, heance why its so blurry

DIEHARD
02-03-07, 02:56 PM
AHHH its tonight, i thought it was tommorow night, bah this throws a spanner in the works.

Yea mate you aren't the only one thinking it was Saturday, especially after the other two trials were on Saturdays. Luckily I realised this early last week.

In hindsight we should have gone to more effort on the forum to make sure people realised what day it was on.

I will be at the game tonight and I will be providing LIVE scores for those not at the game. Enjoy...I think we have a huge chance of winning.

patskE
02-03-07, 03:40 PM
tbh looking at the sides
we should beat em, well i rkn by atleast 16
wait peterson is playing, we prob loose now, imo

Coaster
02-03-07, 04:05 PM
I have to go to this game, is there still tickets available?

C-Whiz
02-03-07, 04:42 PM
My mates mate bought some tix as well, so now we have 3 extras too off-load before kick-off. I know I can just sell them at the gate, but I'd prefer to help out any takers on this forum first. Send me your mobile number via private message if you want 1, 2 or 3.

First in, first served.

Go TITANS!!!!

patskE
02-03-07, 05:59 PM
oi its 730 ald time
not nsw aye

titans_fan_2007
02-03-07, 06:40 PM
yes its 7:30pm Qld Time
8:30pm NSW time

patskE
02-03-07, 07:32 PM
Go The Titans
Make Sure They Remember The Night They Played The Titans!!!
Hoo Hoo

Mish
02-03-07, 07:38 PM
are there any updates???

patskE
just about to kick off
or jsut kicked off

Queenslander
Updates should hopefully be coming through soon by DeeGan.

titans_fan_2007
02-03-07, 07:39 PM
are there any live scores?

Queenslander
02-03-07, 07:47 PM
Live scores should hopefully be coming through soon via DeeGan's account. I have not got access to the live scores unfortunately.

Mish
02-03-07, 07:49 PM
is the suspense killing you guys too??

someone posted on the Panthers website that sea.fm was broadcasting it or something, but so far its all music.. did any one here hear about radio broadcast?

Savannah
02-03-07, 07:53 PM
As far as I know Sea FM was only broadcasting from 6.30-7.30qld, pre-game stuff. Could be wrong though.

Queenslander
02-03-07, 08:01 PM
As far as I know Sea FM was only broadcasting from 6.30-7.30qld, pre-game stuff. Could be wrong though.

Yeah that is all that Sea FM are doing as far as I know, however some score updates my come from them.

Dragons
02-03-07, 08:03 PM
53 people are viewing this thread at the moment. awesome
Hope we get a score update soon.

Mish
02-03-07, 08:05 PM
1ST HALF -

TITANS 0 - 0 PANTHERS
Carrara Stadium, Gold Coast

Titans Tries/Conversions:

Panthers Tries/Conversions:

GAME NOTES: GOOD ATTACK FROM TITANS CLOSE TRY!

GOOD SUPPORT PLAY FROM TITANS

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:05 PM
0 - 0

20mins into first half

DeeGan
02-03-07, 08:06 PM
0-0 after 1st quarter.

Great atmosphere, the Titans chant has been going :D

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:11 PM
Great atmosphere, the Titans chant has been going :D

Yeah, my old man called me on his mobile and I could barley hear what he what he was saying over the noise.

wish I was there :')

Mish
02-03-07, 08:15 PM
1ST HALF -

TITANS 0 - 0 PANTHERS

LATEST GAME NOTES:

TITANS LOOKING SHARP!

BIG CROWD WITH HUGE SUPPORT FOR TITANS!

PENRITH SURGING AHEAD SLOWLY BUT SURELY!

Mish
02-03-07, 08:17 PM
Titans About To Use First Interchange!

Dragons
02-03-07, 08:17 PM
Wonder what the crowd figures are. Hope we **** on the AFL.
Go Titans.

DeeGan
02-03-07, 08:20 PM
Our number one signing scores - causing havoc when on - Preston Campbell 4-0, kick to come.

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:20 PM
Titans 6 -- Penrith 0

Try scored by Preston Campbell.

Conversion successful

DeeGan
02-03-07, 08:21 PM
As above.

Keep the scores coming Tamwelg so as I am not doubling up ;)

TITAN FOREVER
02-03-07, 08:23 PM
Go Titans Whooo Hooo :box:

Smithy
02-03-07, 08:23 PM
The roadworks are an upgrade to help with traffic flow around the stadium & are supposed to be finished by the 1st round (stop laughing).
They may be a touch late.
They are to be finished by the first home game of the season proper.

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:24 PM
As above.

Keep the scores coming Tamwelg so as I am not doubling up ;)

Sorry mate, missed your post and didn't realize anyone was on top of it this week.

TITAN FOREVER
02-03-07, 08:24 PM
12- nil our way

patskE
02-03-07, 08:25 PM
12-0? u sure?

patskE
02-03-07, 08:25 PM
man we need a chat room so we can talk instead of this forum refesh stuff

DeeGan
02-03-07, 08:26 PM
Presto sets up Walker - 12-0

DeeGan
02-03-07, 08:27 PM
We are making a statement here - Preston is carving up his old team :)

DeeGan
Chat room is a nice idea - let me look in to ;)

Mish
1ST HALF -

TITANS 12 - 0 PANTHERS

PRESTON CAMPBELL
CHRIS WALKER

CHRIS WALKER 2/2

LATEST GAME NOTES:

APPROACHING HALF TIME!

PRESTON CAMPBELL SCORES! WALKER CONVERTS!

GOOD KICKING AND SUPPORT PLAY TITANS!

PENRITH AVERAGE PERFORMANCE!

TITANS SCORE AGAIN! GOOD WORK CAMPBELL TO TRY ASSIST WALKER!

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:28 PM
Great first Half by the Titans, Campbell is apparently on fire.

patskE
02-03-07, 08:29 PM
wat position is pretso playing?

Queenslander
02-03-07, 08:32 PM
Lets try to check what is being posted.

If the score has already been posted than we don't need it posted again ;)

It just helps to find scores faster if there isn't 1000's of score cards saying 12-0 :D

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:33 PM
Chat room is a nice idea - let me look in to ;)

There are a few options out there for vbulletin.

Wolfpak
02-03-07, 08:33 PM
Lets try to check what is being posted.

If the score has already been posted than we don't need it posted again ;)

It just helps to find scores faster if there isn't 1000's of score cards saying 12-0 :D

Hey, does anybody know what the halftime score is????????

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

Mish
02-03-07, 08:35 PM
Presto is playing Hooker

Mish
02-03-07, 08:36 PM
damn what an echo in here... I won't add the scores anymore.. to try and ease the echo hehe

Queenslander
Hey, does anybody know what the halftime score is????????

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

The score line looks very promising.

This makes the wait until Round 1 more harder, it won't be long now :D

PROMETHEUS
Good choice,he has two giants looking after him :D
GO TITANS,SEND THE PUSSIES HOME IN A BAG!!

Steve Dangerous
02-03-07, 08:40 PM
chris walker is turning out to be a revelation.

TITAN FOREVER
02-03-07, 08:41 PM
Who are the giants?? :noidea:

mr jemo
02-03-07, 08:42 PM
i read about him in the courier mail today

patskE
the forwards
yeh looks like chris walker has gotten his life in order
gl to him

Robbie_Dee
Holy Moly Nice work by the Titans!!!!!! Bloody hell this is a good start to the Team!!!!! Already clocked up 1 win, and a possible 2nd after tonight!!!!! Awesome stuff from Presto and Walker!!!!

tiger.rose
Who are the giants?? :noidea:
Who knows?

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:43 PM
chris walker is turning out to be a revelation.

He has always been an awesome player, he just need to grow up a bit.

Premiers_1991 & 2003
02-03-07, 08:43 PM
It's only a trial and they don't mean anything these days..
Just wait until round 4 when you ahve to come down here and play us in the comp we will see what happen's then..HA HA HA

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 08:44 PM
What iis the score????????

PROMETHEUS
02-03-07, 08:44 PM
Hey guys,lets not celebrate too early yet..but all the signs are good! :D

DeeGan
02-03-07, 08:45 PM
Matty Rogers in! 16-0, kick to come

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 08:45 PM
Go tiitans!!!:)

DeeGan
02-03-07, 08:46 PM
Just wait until round 4 when you ahve to come down here and play us in the comp we will see what happen's then..HA HA HA

Ok.

Serves no point in this thread - enjoy your night and come back for round four. We as fans are all too aware of what a trial means ;)

Queenslander
Matty Rogers in! 16-0, kick to come

WooHoo! Go you good thing Rogers :D

Wolfpak

Spoken like a true supporter of the LOSING team! :P

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 08:47 PM
Diid they get da kiick?

DeeGan
02-03-07, 08:47 PM
18-0 - Walker kicks conversion

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 08:49 PM
Theere gonna wiin go th tiitans!!! :) :) :)

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 08:49 PM
Wat the score?

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:50 PM
Nice to see Matty get a 4 pointer, I have been a huge fan of his for years. Wish I was at the game so bad.

Broncos thats my team
02-03-07, 08:50 PM
go the titans is it a sell out

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 08:51 PM
who knows ii thiink iit's cloose to a sell out mate!

Wolfpak
02-03-07, 08:52 PM
Don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but the Live NRL scores page on Ninemsn doesn't even mention this game.

Broncos thats my team
02-03-07, 08:53 PM
thats awsome even tho i got broncos blood in me. i just that the titans do well

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:54 PM
Don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but the Live NRL scores page on Ninemsn doesn't even mention this game.

Yeah, a few people have been looking for live updates. I'm lucky that my old man is at the game sending me regular SMS updates.

Dragons
02-03-07, 08:55 PM
thats awsome even tho i got broncos blood in me. i just that the titans do well
What! your dad was built like a horse ?

Wolfpak
02-03-07, 08:55 PM
Yeah, a few people have been looking for live updates. I'm lucky that my old man is at the game sending me regular SMS updates.

You would be even luckier if you were at the game yourself! lol

Broncos thats my team
02-03-07, 08:56 PM
no lol i just like the broncos

tiger.rose
how old r u ?

TITAN FOREVER
18-nil our way yipeee

DeeGan
02-03-07, 08:57 PM
Keep this thread on track - thanks.

Tamwelg
You would be even luckier if you were at the game yourself! lol

I know, I'm stuck in W.A. for the next 5 1/2 week and will also miss the first two home games on my membership.

PROMETHEUS
Hey,anyone at the game,how are the combinations going?
Are the tries through good work or soft pussy defense?

Broncos thats my team
02-03-07, 08:58 PM
Keep this thread on track - thanks.

yep sry mate

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 08:59 PM

Unless someone else answers this, I'll ask my old man at the end of the game.

DeeGan
02-03-07, 09:00 PM

Tough defence in both packs I am assured - Scott Prince is running the show and Preston is causing havoc.

We will await a report from the game and DIEHARD will give his thoughts too.

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 09:00 PM
Wat the score?

DeeGan
02-03-07, 09:01 PM
Firman scores off a grubber - 18-4, kick to come.

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 09:01 PM
soft try :D

DeeGan
02-03-07, 09:02 PM
18-6

TITAN FOREVER
02-03-07, 09:03 PM
18-6 now ouch

PROMETHEUS
02-03-07, 09:04 PM
CRAP!
I was hoping for a nil against score to keep the defense honest! :box:
Its the sandbox next week at training! :D

DeeGan
02-03-07, 09:06 PM
The maestro Scott Prince scores, 22-6, kick to come.

TITAN FOREVER
24 -6 thats better

DeeGan
24-6, Walker again converts.

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 09:08 PM
24-6, Walker again converts.

Walker has really suprised me with his goal kicking, very nice 100% thus far :D

Dragons
02-03-07, 09:08 PM
any crowd figures yet?

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 09:09 PM
How long 2 go on this game?

DeeGan
02-03-07, 09:09 PM
any crowd figures yet?

Game was held up for 15 minutes I am told ... as close to sold out I am assured.

Nothing official as yet.

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 09:12 PM
Why was the game held up?:(

Dragons
02-03-07, 09:13 PM
I'd say because of the crowd wanting to get in. Let hope.

DeeGan

Allowing more time to get people in to the ground :D

Us Gold Coastians have a thirst for rugby league though a problem with being on time ;)

PROMETHEUS
Prob to let the crowd in? :noidea:

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 09:14 PM
shiit dont want to be there riight now

Wolfpak
02-03-07, 09:16 PM

I do!!!!!!!!!

DeeGan
Crowd: 13457

tiger.rose
lOL ")

Savannah
02-03-07, 09:17 PM

Pfft, why not?
I'd love to be there -- part of Titans history.

Wolfpak

What does Cararra hold?

Steve Dangerous
there really IS an echo in here lol

Tamwelg

That's great for a trial match

DeeGan
02-03-07, 09:18 PM
28-6, Bull scores.

Wolfpak

(sorry, couldn't resist! hehe)

DeeGan
No conversion

Tamwelg
What does Cararra hold?

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 09:19 PM
iit's a good game but iit dosen't mean anythiing cause iit's a triial game lOL:)

PROMETHEUS
02-03-07, 09:19 PM
I sure as hell do!! :D

lonegull
02-03-07, 09:20 PM
thats a great crowd figure well done titans gee management would be stoked, :D

Tamwelg
iit's a good game but iit dosen't mean anythiing cause iit's a triial game lOL:)

pffft, to see the team coming together like this already means heaps :D

DeeGan
We win, 28-6

Wolfpak
Thanks Tamwelg

Wolfpak
02-03-07, 09:21 PM
We win, 28-6

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiger.rose
02-03-07, 09:22 PM
anyway goodtiime n gothe tiitans:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tamwelg
We win, 28-6

WOOT, what a game by the Titans, can't wait for the season to start.

Broncos thats my team
great win titans wish i could go to there 1st game at suncorp

lonegull
go titans, winning form is good form to start the season

Mish
Congradulations on winning your first home game guys and gals

:(

mr jemo
02-03-07, 09:23 PM
if he did how did he go??

PROMETHEUS
Thanks everyone for the reports!
BRING ON ROUND 1!!! :box:

tiger.rose
cya guys weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn yesssssssssssssssssssss can't waiit 4 the season to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbie_Dee
02-03-07, 09:24 PM
wow! What a convincing win!!!!! SO Awesome to see the team record some wins in their first ever matches!!!!! Good to see our higher profile signings paying off, Presto, Prince, Bailey...All putting points on the board!!!! Chris walker will fire big this season you wait! A sign of things tonight is!

yea yea it's only a trial, but i got good vibes off these last 2 matches!!!!

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 09:26 PM
Thanks for updating everyone with the scores Deegan

Supergoose
02-03-07, 09:28 PM
Some nice tries in that lot I hope. Can't wait for Round 1 to start next week. Will be my first Titans game and I'm in the third row! Right behind the goal posts. It's Dragon slaying time. Look forward to reading some match reports from tonights game from those who attended.

DeeGan
Thanks for updating everyone with the scores Deegan

No problem, thank DIEHARD too who took the time to send the SMS ;)

I won't be able to do as many during the season as I will be at the games though it was great to see so many Titans fans on board tonight!

Stick around, we are in for one enjoyable season! :D

TITAN FOREVER
Great Stuff love the support by all the forum members. Looks like it's going to be a good year lets all keep positive :D

Robbie_Dee
02-03-07, 09:29 PM
Just wondering, if your at the game, how are you posting? :!:

RobJ
02-03-07, 09:30 PM
Go The Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d

Wolfpak
At the risk of creating another echo on the board, BRING ON ROUND 1!!!!!

Dragons
Well done Titans and thanks to all for posting the scores. I'm going to be pulling my hair out in two weeks when the Titans and the Dragons play. (I don't have any hair to pull out lol )

DeeGan
02-03-07, 09:33 PM
Just wondering, if your at the game, how are you posting? :!:

I missed this game due to work mate as I did last week ;)

I can sacrifice a trial or two for premiership rugby league :D

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 09:36 PM
No problem, thank DIEHARD too who took the time to send the SMS ;)

oops, forgot DIEHARD, thanks alot mate :D

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 09:40 PM
I won't be able to do as many during the season as I will be at the games

I am able to help out until round 5 (Titans v Broncos) if you like. I am stuck in W.A. until then and would be more then willing to give everyone in the foums score updates.

Savannah
02-03-07, 09:41 PM
It's nice to know that if we miss a game we can always come on here thanks to the lots of dedicated fans around :D

Thanks all, and I can't wait for the season to begin!

Titanium_BD1103
02-03-07, 09:41 PM
I could do that for your information Robbie Dee... it's called internet on your 3G phone...;)

Well done to the Titans, from all reports here sounds like a great game and a good win.. :)

I wouldn't get too excited over getting past the Panthers... not because they aren't good, but because they aren't a side expected to do a lot this season.. however they were full strength.. and beating any side full strength is a good thing... :)

It was great to read about the combinations that are starting to gel... if they gel quickly, the Titans are a real chance of doing something in 2007.

Will be a great match vs the Dragons Round 1... BRING IT ON... :D :D

jake86
02-03-07, 09:45 PM
Excellant work...nice too that the only try conceded was off a kick

Cant read too much into trials, but confidence will have risen over the past two weeks

Campbell+Prince in the halves could produce similar results to Marshall and Prince...

And Im probably getting ahead of myself :D

TITAN FOREVER
02-03-07, 09:46 PM
Who scored?

Did Matt Rogers score??? Preston, Bull, Walker, Petersen ????
Can someone confirm

jake86
02-03-07, 09:47 PM
Who scored?

Did Matt Rogers score??? Preston, Bull, Walker, Petersen ????
Can someone confirm

Rogers, Prince, Walker, Campbell, Baily

Tamwelg
02-03-07, 09:49 PM
This info comes second hand from my old man and he shares very similar views to myslef:

The first 20 minutes were a tad boring, with neither side doing a great deal. Then comes on Preston Campbell and cause kaos for the opposition.

Luke Baily was apparently one of the first to every kick chase.

Prince lead the plays and he had a great game. He and Hilder played well together, but have some work to do.

Anthony LAFFRANCHI and Gavin COOPER tackled and tackled and tackled and took the wind out of alot of the Pathers Players.

Walker scored a try, set up another 2 and kicked goal like a champ.

All in all the Titans defence was brilliant. Panthers were do in the Titan 20 meter area a few times, but were unable to find a hole, with their only try coming from a kick.

The crowd was electric, with Titans colours everywhere and everyone chanting/shouting for their team.

Wolfpak
02-03-07, 09:55 PM
Did anyone else see this on the Panthers Forum? He wasn't told to ''get off our forum", he was merely told his opinion serves no purpose in this thread.

Premiers_91_03 (http://javascript<b></b>:void('');)</DIV>Premiers_91_03 (http://userinfo82.aspx/)http://www.panthers.com.au/Forum/Skins/PanthersSkin/Images/Misc_PostDate.gif Posted Today @ 10:29:06 PM http://www.panthers.com.au/Forum/Uploads/Avatars/a786ed87-aa4a-4169-976b-ee6b.jpg

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 10:24:43 PM
Hey i put a post on the titan's forum page about how it's only a trial and the real part that counts most is in a couple of weeks and i was told to get off the website and come back in round 4 when we play them again..

How rude is that..

jake86
02-03-07, 09:56 PM
Where do you suppose Matt Hilder will be playing this year?

Seems he was originally bought as a 5-8th, but campbell wants that position, as explicitely stated last week

I think a backrow of Cooper, Laffranci and Hilder would be great. Laffranci would provide agression, Cooper speed and Hilder used as a third ball player

Titanium_BD1103
02-03-07, 10:00 PM
I don't think Hilder will be playing starting 13.

He's a good player, but he will be the utility off the bench. Can play hooker, lock and five-eighth and will be a handy edition when players tire.

I see Campbell or Rogers in the 6 and Friend at 9, O'Dwyer at 13.

Hilder is a nice handy addition to have though... :)

Oh and don't worry about the Panthers fan, he's fishing, he can fish, just don't take the bait... ;)

DeeGan
02-03-07, 10:03 PM
Did anyone else see this on the Panthers Forum? He wasn't told to ''get off our forum", he was merely told his opinion serves no purpose in this thread.

Premiers_91_03 (http://javascript<b></b>:void('');)</DIV>Premiers_91_03 (http://userinfo82.aspx/)http://www.panthers.com.au/Forum/Skins/PanthersSkin/Images/Misc_PostDate.gif Posted Today @ 10:29:06 PM http://www.panthers.com.au/Forum/Uploads/Avatars/a786ed87-aa4a-4169-976b-ee6b.jpg

Hey i put a post on the titan's forum page about how it's only a trial and the real part that counts most is in a couple of weeks and i was told to get off the website and come back in round 4 when we play them again..

How rude is that..

Quite simply Wolf - who cares ;)

The Penrith club have enough troubles yet alone worrying about what Titans fans think.

Robbie_Dee
02-03-07, 10:04 PM
Preston was playing at hooker tonight right...He sounded like he was having a blinder! Gotta ask the question, has friend secured his spot at hooker? I mean, if Presto keeps putting in good performances at no.9, then surely we should keep him there...We would then have Matt Rogers to take over the 6, don't know where friend would go from there...but...yea just my thoughts...

Robbie_Dee
02-03-07, 10:16 PM
I could do that for your information Robbie Dee... it's called internet on your 3G phone...;)Aaarh ok I thought it would have been some sort of Mobile phone! Damn technology!!!

Queenslander
02-03-07, 10:26 PM
Preston destroys Panthers

By Daniel Pace
March 02, 2007

PRESTON Campbell proved his versatility with a match-winning performance for Gold Coast in its 28-6 thrashing of Penrith in an NRL trial at Gold Coast Stadium tonight.

Campbell came off the bench after the opening quarter to carve up his former teammates during a damaging 12-minute period before half-time.

The former Panthers five-eighth - who played hooker tonight - made an 80-metres intercept, scored a try from a Scott Prince grubber and then set up a four-pointer for Chris Walker.

Former Queensland Origin centre Walker had a blinder and is certain to sign a one-year deal with Gold Coast next week after bagging 10 points and being involved in the final two tries.

Gold Coast made a telling point with an injury-ravaged squad missing forwards Mark Minichiello, Brad Meyers, Michael Henderson, Nathan Friend, Daniel Conn and Michael Hodgson.

Campbell sparked life into what had been a pedestrian match in front of 13,457 people - a crowd more than 2000 better than last week's NAB Cup match between the Kangaroos and Collingwood.

He intercepted a pass close to his own line and raced 80 metres before lightning-quick Penrith fullback Rhys Wesser reeled him in.

Gold Coast failed to capitalise on the opportunity, but it hardly mattered because Campbell touched down from a pinpoint Scott Prince grubber in the 34th minute.

Just three minutes later, Campbell kicked through a Titans ball that went backwards and then completed a brilliant one-handed regather before setting up former Queensland Origin star Walker for a try in the right corner.

Walker converted from near the sideline to hand the Titans a 12-0 half-time lead.

Penrith wing Luke Rooney went close to scoring just after the break, but he put a foot into touch before he could ground the ball in the left corner.

Rooney's night went from bad to worse in the 44th minute, when he threw a shocking pass that hit the deck and was toed ahead by dual international Mat Rogers to score his first rugby league try since he switched codes in 2001 to play rugby union.

Brett Delaney added the extras for an 18-0 scoreline.

Penrith halfback Brett Firman scored a consolation try from a Peter Wallace grubber before Prince crossed for a try involving Walker to put the game beyond doubt.

Gold Coast co-captain Luke Bailey crossed in the left corner just before full-time.

AAP

Titan_Matchu
02-03-07, 10:27 PM
What happened at the end of the match i heard someone say "pretty good ending to the match ay"

?????? fill me in i came after it ended, just after

Coaster
02-03-07, 10:59 PM
Just got home from the game loved it, Thanks Chris for the tickets mate, waited for me at the front and everything.

I had goosebumps when they ran out, the feeling was electric. I only had GA standing room, but found myself sitting just in front of Walkers brothers, and Rogers wife and standing beside Darren Smith. I snuck around a bit and was right on the corner Walker scored.

The atmosphere was outstanding, the offical ground crowd was about 13500, but ill be buggered how they would fit another 6500 in, the place was packed.

Titans defence was superb. Panthers had all the ground and all the possession for the first half, they came up against a pretty big pack in the Panthers and held there own well. Goal line defence was even better, an example of this was Prestons tackle on Lewis 1 meter out one on one, and he dead set smashed him.

Prince is a magician, he controlled the game every step of the way, this is the real deal people, these guys can play good football.

Its a long season, but i am just thrilled at tonight performance, Bring on the Dragons.

eelectrica
02-03-07, 11:04 PM
I know they have had temporary stands in front of the Eastern stand before. I'm surprised to learn it's 6500 extra that they add though.
Excellent atmosphere tonight.

Steve
02-03-07, 11:06 PM
Towards the end the Panthers crumbled and the Titans ran in most of their points.

Preston definitely played well, he's gotta be on the field for 80min every game, not off the bench. He looks to be in top form, so he'll devastate from any position, but the halves are where he's experienced. Definitely dangerous out of dummy half though!

I thought Penrith lacked enthusiasm once they dropped behind (i'm hoping that was just the trial, and not a symptom we'll see all season!), the Titans really did play well. If they can keep it up it, top 8 is definitely not out of the question.

TITAN PETE
02-03-07, 11:32 PM
Another great performance tonight from all the team , the defence was rock solid anyone who thought the 1st 20 minutes was boring should learn what this game is about. Campbell,Walker were awesome but there was plenty to like about the games by Amos,Swain,Hilder & Cooper.
I think Carty has probably got a few headaches to come with team selections as i think Walker will play fullback or centre & i beleive Campbell is far more lethal when he comes off the bench rather than starting the match & i think Amos has earned the no9 for the 1st round but all of these guys will be in the 17 for the Dragons match so bring on the 07 kick off :box: !!!!

shamus
03-03-07, 01:18 AM

And that surprise would be..............

DIEHARD
03-03-07, 01:33 AM
Just got back from the game, it's nearly 1:30am, glad everyone enjoyed my score updates, it was very hard to follow the match, SMS scores and wave my flag.

I really enjoyed it and the crowd were decked out in Titans gear, lots of passion and support for our team.

I'm glad my SMS updated accurately represented the game after reading the match reports. :D

Walker and Preston were fantastic for us.

Scott Prince is definitely the hero and most loved player, the cheer that went up for him when his name was read out was MASSIVE.

It was also a highlight to meet up with GOATUS, Steve, PUP23, Dee13 and Michelle (?). Hope to see A LOT more of you in the near future.

GO THE TITANS! More comments when I'm no exhausted. :D

Steve
03-03-07, 01:53 AM
I was going to keep an eye out for the flag, didn't expect you to be a couple meters from where I was sitting. :D

I took some pics. Unfortunately no game shots, too far from the action, but got some of the Panthers warming up right infront of us.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titansvpanthers/stadium.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titansvpanthers/diehard.jpg
Diehard waving the Titans onto the field.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titansvpanthers/dee13.jpg
Dee13 getting Diehard to wave his flag for a photo!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titansvpanthers/gower.jpg
Someone said something to Gower as he went past.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titansvpanthers/rooney.jpg
Luke Rooney

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titansvpanthers/priddis.jpg
Luke Priddis

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titansvpanthers/lewis.jpg
Luke Lewis rounding off the Luke Trifecta.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titansvpanthers/fpuletua.jpg
Almost a Titan...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titansvpanthers/clinton.jpg
Joel Clinton

DeeGan
03-03-07, 09:18 AM
Thanks for those who have posted their take on the game - I prefer to read what the fans thought as opposed to some in the media, thanks again.

Steve - GREAT photos mate. It looks like we have a few talented members in this area.

See you all at Suncorp :D

Robbie_Dee
03-03-07, 09:18 AM
Damn, you must have one good camera! Those pics are crystal clear!!! Nice work!

League_Lover
03-03-07, 09:34 AM
Mate best photos i've seen job well done

dee13
03-03-07, 11:11 AM
Here they are guys

Once again I would like to thank Jason and Chris from the Titans management team for allowing me the access to be able to bring these photos to you.

Enjoy and feel free to use in your sigs.

PS. I would love a sig with Prince, Campbell and Rogers.

Thanks
Dee13
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial010.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial014.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial019.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial023.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial025.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial026.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial027.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial030.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial038.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial048.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial054.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial056.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial072.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial077.jpg

dee13
03-03-07, 11:37 AM
Here are some more....
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial079.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial083.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial089.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial092.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial102.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial111.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial123.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial126.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial127.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial116.jpg

Parra Petty
03-03-07, 11:57 AM
Great photos once again Dee13!! (good to catch up with you and your clan too mate!)

Parra Petty

dee13
03-03-07, 12:34 PM
Im posting a bonus here for all you sig guys out there. You will love some of these photos. Especially Mat Rogers (legend of a bloke).

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial001.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial012.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial052.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial054-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial059.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial062.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial065.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial066.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial070-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/TitansVPenrithtrial073.jpg

Steve
03-03-07, 12:41 PM
Some great photos, Dee!
Love the Rogers one. :D

We're lucky to have someone with your access active on the forum! Brings us all closer to the team. :win:

MonaroMan
03-03-07, 04:03 PM
You're a legend Dee! Great pics! You would make a great photographer!

Social Loafer
03-03-07, 04:21 PM
Quite simply Wolf - who cares ;)

The Penrith club have enough troubles yet alone worrying about what Titans fans think.

Agreed, ffs they are stuck with Matty Elliott as coach :laugh:

Future Star
03-03-07, 05:06 PM
Agreed, ffs they are stuck with Matty Elliott as coach :laugh:

:laugh:

to be fair, Matty is a good coach.

Social Loafer
03-03-07, 05:15 PM
Sure, if you like conservative 1 out crap for 4 plays followed by a midfield bomb. Luckily blokes like Carney and Smith could produce individual brilliance to make our side look better.

Anyway back on the Titans, all depends on how much you read into trials, but I'd rather be winning them then losing them...

Future Star
03-03-07, 05:20 PM
Sure, if you like conservative 1 out crap for 4 plays followed by a midfield bomb. Luckily blokes like Carney and Smith could produce individual brilliance to make our side look better.

Anyway back on the Titans, all depends on how much you read into trials, but I'd rather be winning them then losing them...

When you put it like that... yeah, hes not so good.

sargent
04-03-07, 01:40 PM
So who is part of the legion so far i know you guys have dee13 and diehard who else is part of your group. Did you guys take any group pictures?

DeeGan
04-03-07, 03:32 PM
So who is part of the legion so far i know you guys have dee13 and diehard who else is part of your group. Did you guys take any group pictures?

We are finalising the final details for the Legion Supporters Group as we speak. Final numbers are not known at this stage. If you check the dedicated forum for the Legion you will get a fair idea.

Nice pics Dee13 - the Mat Rogers one is brilliant.

Chelle79
05-03-07, 08:41 AM
It was also a highlight to meet up with GOATUS, Steve, PUP23, Dee13 and Michelle (?). Hope to see A LOT more of you in the near future.

GO THE TITANS! More comments when I'm no exhausted. :D

That was me that you met Diehard

DIEHARD
05-03-07, 01:00 PM
That was me that you met Diehard

Ah! It was fantastic to meet you, can't wait to catch up at Round 1. Really enjoyed meeting you and loved the Titans jersey!

bigjim
05-03-07, 04:24 PM
I was at the game on Friday night and experienced a moment in history that can never be repeated.
I used to barrack for the Brisbane Broncos. They are a great team and I love their style of play and the winning ethos they have developed over the years.

But for the first time, for me, I had the opportunity to chear a team that represented the city I love, and they won well. There was something about this team of Titans that astounded me. The combinations, angles and the way they seamed to flow across the ground so effortlessly, as if they had been playing for years. A team of champions has come together to form a champion team.

Don't tell me trial games don't matter, I was there. To all the fans at that game, whether following Penrith or the Titans, that result meant something.

This team of mine, has a winning platform to build on. Teams who meet them in the competition proper will give them the respect they deserve.
This is what the team has played for, respect, and now they have it, the real work begins.:win:

Just a thought

patskE
05-03-07, 11:54 PM
how did graham play? i am interested how the code swap does

jenny
06-03-07, 06:06 AM
Ron kicks fans' fines into touch
06Mar07

GOLD Coast Mayor Ron Clarke awarded angry Titans fans a $12,000 try in extra-time yesterday, ruling council bureaucrats were off-side by ordering parking inspectors onto the streets of Carrara on Friday night.

In a rare show of compassion on parking, Gold Coast City Council has written off 108 parking fines at $120 each for fans who parked illegally in Alabaster Drive for the Titans' inaugural match.

Ironically, while motorists crammed into the street, a Titans car park nearby that charged $5 for entry was not full.

The crackdown happened after police told the council's operations executives that AFL fans had illegally parked in Alabaster Drive for a game the week before.

However, fines were not distributed during the AFL match.

The council's CEO Dale Dickson yesterday told councillors if 'officers had their time over again' they would have warned fans of the zero-tolerance approach.

But fans travelling to future games at the Carrara Stadium will not be afforded the same leniency, with Mayor Clarke vowing the gesture was a one-off.

Motorists were fined for parking on yellow lines in Alabaster Drive.

Even though full-time had blown inside the stadium, the fans reignited the fight yesterday morning, bombarding the Mayor's office with irate phone calls.

Some aggrieved footy fans told Cr Clarke they had 'parked there for years' without being fined, while others claimed to have not seen the yellow markings at night.

"My phone has been ringing off the hook," said Cr Clarke yesterday.

"We shouldn't be waiting for people to park there, and then swoop on them.

"We should have put a notice (out) that they would be met with a fine.

"It was suddenly put on them without any warning. It was a bit unfair for what has been something of a habit for the past three, four years, or maybe more."

Gold Coast Titans managing director Michael Searle last night thanked Cr Clarke for backing his bid to have the fines overturned.

"I appreciate what he did," said Searle, "and I also appreciate the speedy way in which council resolved the matter."

Cr Clarke said the council would advertise parking in Alabaster Drive during this Saturday's Kangaroos AFL clash with Carlton would carry a fine.

Alabaster Drive would also be signposted to show parking will not be tolerated on yellow-lined areas.

But some councillors were still concerned the olive branch was going to set a dangerous precedent for the city.

Cr Chris Robbins said she had likewise been inundated with complaints from people who turned out to watch the hugely popular Quiksilver Pro.

"I have this problem each year with the Quiksilver Pro and (the) Wintersun Festival. I do feel if this gets up, Mr Mayor, I will have a long train of people coming in to me saying 'Why did I get booked?'

"A yellow line is a yellow line."

Cr Peter Young suggested applying the fine and then placing the parking revenue into a fund for the development of junior rugby league on the Gold Coast.

Cr Daphne McDonald said: "I can see a young father with children coming in and saying to us, well you've waived theirs, can you waive mine?"

In a controversial suggestion that won no favour, Cr Ted Shepherd suggested writing off the infringements, then billing the Titans for the amount.

Cr Jan Grew said people would have to take the public transport when they attended the Titans games at Robina next year.

The Titans' future stadium will sit adjacent to the Robina railway station and will be on a bus route.

The city council will consider incorporating Robina within the future rapid transit service.

"You cannot have 25,000 people driving their cars to the game," she said. "It doesn't happen in Brisbane and it's not going to happen here."

Fined motorists should contact the council over their infringements.
GOLD COAST BULLETIN

Nathalie
06-03-07, 07:47 AM
Wow - the council backed down over parking :eek:

The thing is, if you see a yellow line there, you don't park there. Simple. Doesn't matter if you've been 'parking there for years and never got a fine'... that's just like saying that you've been 'catching the train for years without buying a ticket and never got caught' when you DO get caught. You know it could happen, don't complain when you get caught *shrugs*

I do find it rather annoying, however, that fines weren't handed out for the AFL match... maybe a little sucking up by the council to get on the AFL's good side = more money for the council to spend on their lunches and free transport? :p

DIEHARD
06-03-07, 01:59 PM
A rare show of compassion for parking fines?

More like a rare show of compassion for rugby league fans from Ron. :D

PROMETHEUS
09-03-07, 09:41 PM

How rude is that..
Yeah i noticed that,i also went on the panthers site and posted what was originally written to that poster...i hope they feel embarressed! :D