PDA

View Full Version : HALO : The Movie

Sharks
03-11-05, 10:27 AM
Just searching the net and came across Halo the movie which is going to be made by Peter Jackson (Lord of the rings,King Kong). This will be better then any video game-come to movie ever. I'm sure theres alot of Halo fans in here!

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808750180

Queenslander
03-11-05, 11:08 AM
This will be better then any video game-come to movie ever.

That want be too hard to do, but im not expecting too much from this. Hopefully it doesnt have a Halo 2 type of ending

Titans#1
03-11-05, 11:39 AM
You don't think Doom will be ok? Looks pretty sick to me!

Queenslander
03-11-05, 11:41 AM
You don't think Doom will be ok? Looks pretty sick to me!

No i havent seen it yet, i have to convince my girlfriend to go see it :D I dont expect too much from computer game movies, cause if you do, you only get disappointed

Super Cronk
03-11-05, 11:49 AM
No i havent seen it yet, i have to convince my girlfriend to go see it :D I dont expect too much from computer game movies, cause if you do, you only get disappointed

Im with you...i dont like computer games being made into movies, its kinda like books being made into movies...things always change and there is nothing better then the original. Ofcourse you have to chop and change to make a game into a movie..but i personally dont like games into movies.

League Freak
03-11-05, 05:14 PM
The problem with Halo is that the aliens will not translate well onto the big screen.

Green Machine
03-11-05, 05:17 PM
Doom is a mad movie, the aliens look as real as ever, little story difference then the game but its still mad.

Queenslander
23-10-06, 05:36 PM
Halo Movie Dumped: Will it move ahead as Fox, Universal back out?
by IGN Staff
October 20, 2006 -

The Halo movie hit a snag today as both studios financing the project dropped out! Rumors are swirling that 20th Century Fox and Universal were freaked out over a rising $135 million budget, but producers Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh are claiming that the studios bolted after filmmakers and Microsoft refused to have their share of the profit cut.

Walsh and Jackson's rep, Ken Kamins, spoke to industry mag Variety and explained, "What happened was this: Universal, on behalf of both studios, asked for a meeting with the filmmakers just prior to the due date of a significant payment. Basically, they said that in order to move forward with the film, the filmmakers had to significantly reduce their deals. They waited until the last minute to have this conversation. Peter and Fran, after speaking with their producing partners and with Microsoft and Bungie (the studio that designed the original game), respectfully declined."

Microsoft would have received the majority of a $5 million upfront payday on October 15th, in addition to later profit participation of 10%.

Kamins says that rumors of a $200 million budget aren't true. He added that the only numbers put out there by the filmmakers were "$145 million less the 12.5% rebate that you get from shooting in New Zealand, which would put it at about $128 million."

So what does all this mean for the possibility of a Halo movie? The filmmakers and Microsoft seem undeterred. In fact, Kamins says that Microsoft is already in talks with other studios that may distribute the film based on the blockbuster gaming title. And with pre-production continuing at Jackson's Weta Workshop, the studio financing problem could be a mere speed bump on the road to making the Halo movie a reality.

And what of the status of attached first-time feature director Neal Blomkamp? "Everybody is supremely confident in Neal," Kamins told Variety. "Part of what excited Peter and Fran was Neal's vision. We're very confident this film will move forward with the creative partners intact, who will take the film to production."

http://movies.ign.com/articles/740/740704p1.html