PDA

View Full Version : 'Australia' up for sale

DIEHARD
08-02-07, 11:37 PM
'Australia' up for sale

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/02/08/the_world_wideweb__430x286,2.jpg

A Kuwaiti firm has said it was negotiating with regional and international investors to sell all or part of the "Australia" segment it had purchased in Dubai's The World property project.
Investment Dar, a publicly-quoted company on the Kuwait Stock Exchange, two years ago bought the Australian continent on The World, some 300 islands shaped like a world map off Dubai's coast.

The company said in a statement posted on the KSE website that its subsidiary, Oqyana Real Estate, which is managing the project is "holding talks to sell all or significant parts of Australian continent."

If the negotiations were successful, the company expects to make profits of about 1.5 billion dollars or more "based on available information," the statement said Sunday.

The company had been planning a 3.5-billion-dollar real estate and tourism development project on its part of The World islands.

The project would comprise more than 1,500 apartments with panoramic views, 90 water homes, 170 canal homes and more than 150 exclusive beachfront mansions, housing in all up to 15,000 people, as well as top class hotels and retail facilities.

The World is up the coast from three artificial islands being built in the shape of palm trees, one of which is already completed.

It is located four kilometres (2.5 miles) off Dubai's shores halfway between the landmark Burj Al-Arab hotel and Port Rashid.

http://www.smh.com.au/

DIEHARD
08-02-07, 11:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Islands

Capital_Shark
10-02-07, 10:58 PM
That is a very impressive set of islands and I couldn't think of much better than owning the Australia one.

Social Loafer
10-02-07, 11:02 PM
I want to buy the A.C.T section.

Capital_Shark
10-02-07, 11:04 PM
I want to buy the A.C.T section.

A little mecca for Ali Baba franchises

Social Loafer
10-02-07, 11:07 PM
100's of Canberran's can make the pilgrimage there each year.. for 2 weeks of solid drinking followed by visiting all 42 stores.. one for each meal..

Capital_Shark
10-02-07, 11:10 PM
100's of Canberran's can make the pilgrimage there each year.. for 2 weeks of solid drinking followed by visiting all 42 stores.. one for each meal..

if some of the other things Canberra is known for 'crop' up there the amount of stores might have to increase to factor in the munchies.

Social Loafer
12-02-07, 09:01 PM
Got some bad news for ya mate, the Ali Baba opposite O'Porto has been pretty much torn apart/demolished... Not sure if they are redoing it, but with 3 Ali Baba's still in civic I don;t like it's chances...

Capital_Shark
12-02-07, 09:32 PM
Got some bad news for ya mate, the Ali Baba opposite O'Porto has been pretty much torn apart/demolished... Not sure if they are redoing it, but with 3 Ali Baba's still in civic I don;t like it's chances...

NO!!

That was my judging point for every other place in town ffs! How am I gonna find my drunken way now?!

The Indian dudes there were good to me too, always packed me up.

Looks like I'll have to frequent Kingston now where you can't leave the clubs without having to line up again, as I angrily found out a while back. At least if you don't wonder off, you can't get too lost.