PDA

View Full Version : Which Titans feeder club do you support?

DIEHARD
06-02-07, 10:49 PM
Which feeder club of the Gold Coast Titans do you support or take an interest in?

DIEHARD
06-02-07, 10:50 PM
I support Ipswich. Up the Jets!

Grimmace
06-02-07, 10:50 PM
Sorry for being picky but may i ask where is the fourth option i like all teams or i want to see all teams succeed

Queenslander
06-02-07, 10:51 PM

Same here, go the Jets!

DeeGan
06-02-07, 10:52 PM
"Born a Burleigh Bear, I am a Burleigh Bear!"

Titanium_BD1103
06-02-07, 10:57 PM
I don't really have one seeing as I come from NSW... but I have to say I will be keeping an eye on all the teams and hoping they do well.... :)

As much as I like the idea of the Bears... I am going with the NSW/QLD team as that is the type of supporter I am in that I live in Sydney and support a QLD team.... plus I like the Tweed... :)

I just read the QLD RL site, I have more reasons for going for the Seagulls

- They are sponsored by Nestle- I love chocolate
- They have Luke O'Dwyer and Jeremy Smith as former players, both of whom I think are great talent
- They play in a place I actually know of... :)

So yes, that is my choice... lets hope it is one I enjoy supporting.

GO THE TWEED HEADS SEAGULLS... :D :D

Dragons
06-02-07, 11:03 PM
"Born a Burleigh Bear, I am a Burleigh Bear!"
" We are the Burleigh Bears the raiders of the night........"
Go Burleigh...Go Burleigh

Parra Petty
06-02-07, 11:03 PM
I am in the same boat as Bulldog Titan311 - being a NSW boy at heart 9although I have lived in QLD for 22 years now;) ) I have to say that Tweed is my feeder club of choice too, only because they are closest to the border!!:thumbsup: ;) :D

Parra Petty

Grimmace
06-02-07, 11:06 PM
IM in the same boat with T.J and Parra Petty.

As much as the bears appeal to me (north sydney factor) ill go with the Seagulls seeing as they are the closest ones to the border.

DIEHARD
06-02-07, 11:07 PM
I'm not going to add another option. It will skew the percentages.

If you have no preference or support them all for the betterment of the Titans, please say so.

Poida
06-02-07, 11:12 PM
My Dad was born in Ipswich so ill go with them :)

Teegy
07-02-07, 07:15 AM
ive been a tweed fan since before they played in the QLD CUp so im tweed all the way. and now we have Sandow and Shannon Walker to team up with Barnes id say we have a good chance of winning it this year

DIEHARD
07-02-07, 02:35 PM
Sandow, Walker and Barnes. Wow Tweed are very lucky!

Chelle79
07-02-07, 08:05 PM
Burleigh (and Aspley)

Future Star
07-02-07, 08:07 PM
Tweeds coz they're the Seagulls. :hi:

bondititan
07-02-07, 09:29 PM
tweed i played as junior till iwas 15

Dragons
07-02-07, 10:30 PM
Burleigh (and Aspley)
Aspley is now Bonco's turf, they gave Toowoomba away for Aspley as Redcliffe and Aspley are next door to each other and both very big for junior talent in the area.
Wise move by the Bonco's but then again how can a big city like Brisbane not go wrong. Let's hope the Titans take some of there talent. :hi:

hugebrianfan
10-02-07, 04:58 PM
i support the knights! I cant make a descision between knights and titans!! Knigts have been my team for ages..so yeah! Im sue i'll like the titans though

Robbie_Dee
10-02-07, 05:30 PM
i support the knights! I cant make a descision between knights and titans!! Knigts have been my team for ages..so yeah! Im sue i'll like the titans thoughI suggest next time you read the thread before your reply to a thread...

hugebrianfan
10-02-07, 05:35 PM
yeah i just realised that lol! i will do that, thanks for the advice

Slaytera
10-02-07, 07:59 PM
I'm a Tweed fan, through and through.

PROMETHEUS
14-02-07, 10:22 PM
My Grandfather was heavily involved with Brothers club in tweed heads so that would be my team...are they still playing?
Also do bilambil jets still play? I remeber seeing them play brothers when i was a young'un..they had south sydney colours i think! :peace:

bigjim
23-02-07, 03:15 PM
Definately the Burleigh Bears.

A friend, Martin Griese, plays for Burleigh and played for the Titans in Coffs.

It's a great day down at Pizzey Park on game day.

Qld Cup is a great spectacle.

Go the Bears!!!!

Nathalie
24-02-07, 07:13 AM
Burleigh Bears. Shaun (my partner) used to play for them.

HighTitan
24-02-07, 11:32 PM
SeaGulls. Im not a massive supporter of the QLD Cup but when I get the chance to watch a game, I will take it.

Also, In the QLD Cup. Titans may want to watch Wynuum Manly. I seen them train not long ago and they have some great juniors.

Old Diehard
25-02-07, 11:28 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa are we.....We are the boys from Burleigh ~!

Nah I'm from the Northern Suburbs Brisbane but just lucky enough to have a holiday place at Burleigh Heads for 25 years, so go the Bears! (except against The Devils now since the end of FVC)

DIEHARD
25-02-07, 11:30 PM
(except against The Devilsn now since the end of FVC)

Yea mate. I'm the same. But at least we have Valleys Juniors to see fly the colours.

Old Diehard
26-02-07, 07:53 PM
Yeah Diehard- sorry I switched off before seeing your reply!....Yep FVC Juniors are the last link to a great history!
Fortunatly people still think alot of this club....Dr Tom Dooley's (from New Farm originally and owned pubs) family have been generous and left a lot of the old Valleys photos to the juniors.
No hope of a promotion though as Valleys juniors being next door to the Stafford tavern & Crushers will never be allowed pokies and without that income or a rich sponsor the Juniors can never aspire to the Qld Cup..

STILL LONG LIVE THE VALIANT VALLEY DIEHARDS!

Saying that I wish Ipswich Jets , Burleigh Bears and Tweed Seagulls a great future as their success will help the Titans succeed...Every great 1st grade team needs player reserves/ competition for places in the team.

Steve
02-04-07, 05:25 PM
I've been undecided for a while, but i'm going to go with Tweed.
Being from NSW originally, I don't have a QLD Cup team.
I guess if I did, it would have been either the Diehards (lived in the valley when I first moved to Brisbane) or the Devils, but seeing as one is gone, and the other is being killed off, nothing to support there!
A friend's little brother is a junior with the Seagulls, so that'll be good enough reason for me. :D

travop
02-04-07, 05:35 PM
bears are a gud club from what i have heard

DIEHARD
02-04-07, 07:32 PM
Can I withdraw my vote for Ipswich?

PUP*23
15-04-07, 08:59 PM
I support Ipswich thru and thru
Born and raised so that's where my loyalties lie.

Big J
23-05-07, 01:01 PM
I was a North Sydney supporter until their unfortunate demise (don't get me started) so it absolutely has to be Burleigh. At least the bears are still flying the flag in Queensland. Did I mention how much I hate Manly?

quins rl
18-07-07, 12:33 PM
Go the Gullys!!!

Blunt_Beno
19-07-07, 07:49 PM

being a jets fan you might be able to help me out. a mate of mine from school was playing with them but i havent heard anythin bout him for a while. his name is joel smallwood, just wondering if he is still there or not?

minibeave
21-08-07, 09:11 AM
young guns 4 eva :woot:

Teegy
21-08-07, 09:27 AM
I was a North Sydney supporter until their unfortunate demise (don't get me started) so it absolutely has to be Burleigh. At least the bears are still flying the flag in Queensland. Did I mention how much I hate Manly?
mate if thats the case did you know North Sydney bears partially own tweed Seagulls. they have for a long time.

dee13
18-03-08, 07:08 PM
Who ever lives in the neighborhood, My wife and I will be attending most of the Burleigh Bears games this year. They have a 6:30pm game this Saturday against Central Comets. We will also be going to Burleigh Bears Leagues Club when the Titans are away so I can watch it on the big screens.

PUP*23
22-03-08, 03:14 AM
being a jets fan you might be able to help me out. a mate of mine from school was playing with them but i havent heard anythin bout him for a while. his name is joel smallwood, just wondering if he is still there or not?

Mate if you check out any of the local Ipswich Rugby League, you will find he is playing for South Burnett now.

Chaos
22-03-08, 09:27 AM
I hope every junior club on the Gold Coast are potential feeder clubs.

I used to play against Burleigh and Tweed and sometimes Ipswich...there's no loyalty here.

Steel Dragon
09-04-08, 06:49 PM
Go the Easts Tigers! But when it comes down to the three teams named, since I'm from Murwillumbah, and the Mustangs aren't likely to be entering the Qld Cup any time soon, then definitely Tweed.

Jason

dee13
10-04-08, 02:47 PM
I went down to Cudgen last weekend to watch Tweed Seagulls play. I should have stayed at home. They were woeful. You would think a team with names such as CLINT AMOS, MATT CROSS, IAN DONNELLY, LUKE SWAIN, BILLY NGAWINI, JOEL RAPANA, CHRIS ENAHORO, TIM McCANN would do alright. Tweed lost all 4 games. Carty and Searly were on hand watching the game but after that display, the Ipswich guys are a better chance of playing NRL.

Chaos
10-04-08, 08:37 PM
I went down to Cudgen last weekend to watch Tweed Seagulls play. I should have stayed at home. They were woeful. You would think a team with names such as CLINT AMOS, MATT CROSS, IAN DONNELLY, LUKE SWAIN, BILLY NGAWINI, JOEL RAPANA, CHRIS ENAHORO, TIM McCANN would do alright. Tweed lost all 4 games. Carty and Searly were on hand watching the game but after that display, the Ipswich guys are a better chance of playing NRL.

Dee,

How did Donnelly go?

Chelle79
16-04-08, 10:24 PM
Who ever lives in the neighborhood, My wife and I will be attending most of the Burleigh Bears games this year. They have a 6:30pm game this Saturday against Central Comets. We will also be going to Burleigh Bears Leagues Club when the Titans are away so I can watch it on the big screens.

dee will you be there this saturday for the game against Ipswich? if so I will look out for you and come say hi!

dee13
17-04-08, 05:07 PM
dee will you be there this saturday for the game against Ipswich? if so I will look out for you and come say hi!

Yes, I will be at the Burleigh Bears V Ipswich game. Should be a good game. Better than the Tweed V Sths Logan I hope.

Burleigh Bears
Players:
1. Nick PARFITT
2. Trent PURDON
3. Troy SAVAGE
4. adam FIELDER
5. Aseri LAING
6. Brent McCONNELL
7. Ben BLACK
13. John FLINT
12. Adam HUTCHISON
11. Martin GRIESE
10. Wayne PHILLIS
9. Scott SMITH
8. Shane O FLANAGAN

Interchange:
14. Matt BRIGGS
15. Pele PELETELESE
16. Stacey KATU
17. Robert APANUI

Coach: Jimmy LENIHAN

IPSWICH JETS
Players:
1. Troy O SULLIVAN
2. Scott IRELAND
3. Donald MALONE
4. Jason BULGARELLI
5. Luke WALKER
6. Brendan MARSHALL
7. Todd RIGGS
13. Danny COBURN
12. Matthew McPHEE
11. Isaak AH MAU
10. Aaron SWEENEY
9. Michael RYAN
8. Scott ALO

Interchange:
14. Trevor EXTON
15. Walter IMO
16. Leigh COGHILL
17. Dan FULLARTON

Coach: Kevin WALTERS

No Titans names in the Ipswich team, YET...

dee13
23-04-08, 04:42 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to the Burleigh Bears who had a Pink Day at the game last week to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

They auctioned off the 17 pink players jerseys in the clubhouse after the game and managed to raise just under $10,000 from the jerseys alone. Their total went up over the $12,000 mark by the end of the night.

Great effort to all the bidders. The cheapest jersey went for $500 and the top seller sold at $1000.

C-Whiz
23-04-08, 08:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to the Burleigh Bears who had a Pink Day at the game last week to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

They auctioned off the 17 pink players jerseys in the clubhouse after the game and managed to raise just under $10,000 from the jerseys alone. Their total went up over the $12,000 mark by the end of the night.

Great effort to all the bidders. The cheapest jersey went for $500 and the top seller sold at $1000.

Good on 'em. :thumbsup:

Looked like a good game on TV. Bit of dropped ball etc, but to be expected in the conditions. How good was the "up the guts" scrum based play! I love that sort of stuff. Almost scored too. Nice play.

But, as per this thread, are the Bears still a feeder club or not? Seems to be some suggestion going around the pubs that the Bears had some issues with the Titans ????????? Anyone know anything about this? Just some bar talk while watching footy the other day.

**edit** maybe not whether they are still a feeder club, but something to do with player selections for Titans. Anyone know/heard anything?

TITAN PETE
24-04-08, 03:15 PM
Good on 'em. :thumbsup:

Looked like a good game on TV. Bit of dropped ball etc, but to be expected in the conditions. How good was the "up the guts" scrum based play! I love that sort of stuff. Almost scored too. Nice play.

But, as per this thread, are the Bears still a feeder club or not? Seems to be some suggestion going around the pubs that the Bears had some issues with the Titans ????????? Anyone know anything about this? Just some bar talk while watching footy the other day.

**edit** maybe not whether they are still a feeder club, but something to do with player selections for Titans. Anyone know/heard anything?

They are not a feeder club anymore & it was their choice not the Titans

C-Whiz
24-04-08, 06:44 PM
They are not a feeder club anymore & it was their choice not the Titans

OK, that's what i heard. Just wasn't sure if it was true. Cheers mate.

ShockMaster
15-01-10, 04:39 PM
im a ex Burleigh Junior GO BEARS

Titanic
11-09-22, 03:58 PM
I don’t question having multiple feeder clubs but I want to question having multiple feeder teams. I think sending players back into two systems doesn’t help their development or preparation or progression.

RavShamrock
12-09-22, 07:22 PM
I don’t question having multiple feeder clubs but I want to question having multiple feeder teams. I think sending players back into two systems doesn’t help their development or preparation or progression.

Agreed...what other team does it?

Hail Sezer
13-09-22, 07:10 AM
Agreed...what other team does it?

Broncos, Cowboys, Storm. I.e. anyone who has feeder teams competing in Qcup

Personally I'd much rather the Titans had their own Titans Qcup team (which they've pushed for and been rejected), but the QRL doesn't allow it. Having multiple feeder teams does have its perks but for mine the major issue is that it restricts the Titans ability to implement their own philosophy/coaching/sub-culture at that lower level, and gives them less control over the overall roster makeup which can hurt their own players pathways.

Titanic
13-09-22, 01:15 PM
Yep Panthers have that direct promotion pathway which is a huge advantage.

Hail Sezer
13-09-22, 01:33 PM
Yep Panthers have that direct promotion pathway which is a huge advantage.

Nearly all of the NSW teams do T. Harold Matts > SG Ball > Flegg > NSW Cup all under the NRL club's banner. Penrith are just the best at managing their (huge) catchment area, and put a lot of resources into developing and retaining the talent.

As far as I know the Titans want this in the equivalent QLD competitions but the QRL won't allow them to enter the competitions with a Titans team.

Other option is that they just abort altogether and enter the NSW comp instead with a Titans team, but then you've got a pretty substantial logistical and financial hurdle

DIEHARD
14-09-22, 02:00 PM
I'm happy that the plan for Qld NRL club teams in a Reserve comp got knocked back.

But I can see the enormous benefits of it. It's difficult to see how we can balance it and also, as said, shape our culture too. Especially with how we are under resourced compared to other clubs. With my Titans hat on, I can see how appearing it is to sharpen our juniors and feeder system to a fine point.

A few months ago, this issue wasn't on my radar. But now I'm thinking about it and observing what other clubs do.

Titanic
14-09-22, 02:31 PM
It's not a complex debate if Reserve Grade was re-introduced and the public probably want that game day experience but of course that is illogical because it would mean the demise of the QCup system. The NSW teams have a huge advantage with their system. You could argue that the Storm have fought the most difficult battle due to distance and their Falcons/Tigers alliance or the Cows with their Pride/Cutters version and that we have a geographic advantage at least being within the same region but that doesn't make it ideal ... just commenting.