PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Blues Sow Seeds for Origin Fightback

~Wild Child~
31-01-07, 02:22 PM
Blues sow seeds for Origin fightback

Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 5:35 PM

New South Wales on Sunday sowed the seeds for its State of Origin rugby league campaign, Blues skipper Danny Buderus declaring they were up to the challenge of wresting the trophy back despite playing twice in Brisbane.

A preliminary NSW squad completed a weekend camp at Bondi Beach where the players had a video session, team dinner and a swim.

Hooker Buderus made it clear last year's painful series loss to Queensland had not yet been consigned to history's rubbish bin.

"It's about preparation and talking about what went on last year and you don't have to talk long to remember," Buderus said.

"Speaking to some of the boys it was a hard loss, it was a kick to the body so we've got to push on and try to win the series back."

Buderus acknowledged NSW faced a tough challenge to regain Origin supremacy with just one of the three 2007 matches in Sydney.

"We've got a massive job ahead of us, we've got to win it back and any professional sportsman are proud of what they do and especially anyone who plays for the Blues, they want to get it back," Buderus said.

"Up there its a huge task ahead of us and were up to the challenge."

Asked what the players got out of the camp Buderus replied: "Initiation, you get to meet people that you haven't met before.

"You've got a core group of New South Welshmen and then you've got at least another half a dozen blokes you haven't met before and it's about preparing for that series in June.

A start of year camp is a novelty for NSW though Queensland and Australia have done it previously.

"Muz (NSW coach Graham Murray) last year didn't have much time to get into this sort of stuff so he didn't have an opportunity," Buderus said.

"It's worked out really well, he gets to see everyone again and he gets to talk about what went on last year."

Buderus said Murray had not given the players a specific message.

"It's a long time away and you don't want to get too pumped up, you just sow the seeds and the boys are looking forward to that time when it comes around," Buderus said.

The Knights hooker will make a belated start to the NRL season after serving the remainder of a six-game suspension.

"I'm not going to go too hard, I'm not back till Easter so it's about being prepared for that day, so I'm just cruising along at the moment," Buderus said.

"I'm just enjoying getting my body recuperated and ready for a tough year."

AAP

~Wild Child~
31-01-07, 02:28 PM
:laugh:
LOL NSW can try..but I can't see them winning Origin again for a verrryyy long time :D

Poida
31-01-07, 05:34 PM
Nsw borrowed the trophy from us long enough, it must stay with its rightful owners :D

Future Star
31-01-07, 07:47 PM
They can do it..If Carney, Dobson and Tonguey play, or just one of them, I havnt decided yet - :peace: .

Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
31-01-07, 10:40 PM
But the Raiders are always overlooked for Origin, so I don't think they'll get picked unless they're topping off all the stats and the ladder to make it quite clear they actually are in the NRL. Although, I can't see that happening next year...

Prove me wrong Raiders...

Prove me wrong NSW...

No wait, NSW, prove me right QLD ARE gonna kick your sorry ****roach asses into next year for Origin again :D

jenny
31-01-07, 10:41 PM
:laugh:
LOL NSW can try..but I can't see them winning Origin again for a verrryyy long time :D
:satan: :yell: Bring it ON!!! LMAO...here we go again!

Poida
31-01-07, 10:43 PM
HEehehee they wont be called the BLUES for nothing soon enough :laugh:

~Wild Child~
31-01-07, 10:43 PM
:D
I been waiting for you Jenny :laugh: Bring it on...where's Johnsey this year :D Darren still here :p

Poida
31-01-07, 10:45 PM
I been waiting for you Jenny :laugh: Bring it on...where's Johnsey this year :D Darren still here :p
Who? :laugh:

jenny
31-01-07, 10:48 PM
:dead: Johnsey, will be missed....but we will be Victorious :win:
Gonna open a HUGE can of whoop Ass :roll: ALL 3 games :naughty: