PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: Titans vs Dragons @ Suncorp

DeeGan
30-01-07, 07:27 PM
NRL Rd 1: Titans vs Dragons @ Suncorp

http://www.titans.com.au/images/pictures/large/its-on.jpg

Are you a passionate Gold Coast Titans fan?

Do you want to be part of history?

Do you want to join the Legion at Suncorp Stadium to usher in our team on March 18?

The Legion will be looking to be in General Admission for this encounter. We are trying to finalise as to where according to Suncorp's site map and I will post more information tonight regarding ticket prices etc.

Visit here (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANIND07&searchId=3cb88467-7ccc-49d4-b364-bf022e9f5080) to purchase your tickets from 9.00am if you haven't done so.

Keep you posted!

Steelers
30-01-07, 07:29 PM
Will Suncorp be providing General Admission areas for the Titans? Because they don't for the Broncos...

DeeGan
30-01-07, 07:34 PM
Will Suncorp be providing General Admission areas for the Titans? Because they don't for the Broncos...

I am sure there is something comparable - we will look further in to tonight.

Steve
30-01-07, 11:35 PM
I thought Suncorp was all allocated seating.

I've already bought my tickets, so i'll just have to hope it's where i'm sitting.

DeeGan
31-01-07, 07:52 AM

I've already bought my tickets, so i'll just have to hope it's where i'm sitting.

I am in contact with Chris (Knell) of the Titans to have the ticketing confusion cleared up.

We will find that the away games are where the headaches will arise. Home games won't be an issue at Cararra or Skilled Park.

DIEHARD
31-01-07, 11:12 AM
Well the home/away games at Lang Park at least. We just need a bay similar to the one offered to the away supporters in the future. Or at least a couple rows.

At most away grounds, they will have either allocated seating for away supporters or general admission. :)

At least that is my theory and I am sticking to it.

Good luck with your enquiries DeeGan, we'd love te opportunity to seat with each other!

Steve
31-01-07, 11:17 AM
Well the home/away games at Lang Park at least. We just need a bay similar to the one offered to the away supporters in the future. Or at least a couple rows.

At most away grounds, they will have either allocated seating for away supporters or general admission. :)

At least that is my theory and I am sticking to it.

Good luck with your enquiries DeeGan, we'd love te opportunity to seat with each other!

Away games at Suncorp should be okay I guess, you can select away team supporter seating through ticketek. Or is it more an issue of getting The Legion in one small area, not spread around?

DIEHARD
31-01-07, 11:22 AM
Away games at Suncorp should be okay I guess, you can select away team supporter seating through ticketek.

You are right, for Broncos (Home) v Titans (Away) it will be simple. We just all buy tickets for the visiting supporter bay. :D

Or is it more an issue of getting The Legion in one small area, not spread around?

Yep, if we don't work something out, we may be spread around the stadium.

Social Loafer
03-02-07, 05:09 PM
How is the Legion going diehard? I don't intend on ever joining but am keeping an in interest in terms of how you guys are going regarding getting members, shirts etc.

Any idea how you are going for numbers? I know it is a pretty hard thing to keep count of, which is why a member of the Raiders Army is trying to get everyone on a database.. It makes things a lot easier as you can just email stuff to everyone at once.

Also is the Legion an 'official' supporters group?

Hoppy2007Dragons
05-02-07, 04:11 PM
i won't be with the legion but i will be at the game, just got my tickets. Good luck titans :clap:

DeeGan
05-02-07, 07:09 PM
How is the Legion going diehard? I don't intend on ever joining but am keeping an in interest in terms of how you guys are going regarding getting members, shirts etc.

Any idea how you are going for numbers? I know it is a pretty hard thing to keep count of, which is why a member of the Raiders Army is trying to get everyone on a database.. It makes things a lot easier as you can just email stuff to everyone at once.

Also is the Legion an 'official' supporters group?

The Legion will be the official supporters group for the Gold Coast Titans.

We are finalising the best way in which to manage the group with the club.

When I can, details will be released to ALL who have expressed interest.

Regards,

C-Whiz
14-02-07, 07:55 AM

I've bought 10 seats in a row, section S-638, row 65. Anyone up near there?

Also, any supporter buses or groups going to Lismore? Maybe organise a meeting at a local Lismore pub or something pre/post game?

Hoppy2007Dragons
14-02-07, 02:27 PM
C-Wiz i bought 10 tickets in 639 Row 67 lol. not far at all i think.

DeeGan
14-02-07, 05:29 PM
I've bought 10 seats in a row, section S-638, row 65. Anyone up near there?

Also, any supporter buses or groups going to Lismore? Maybe organise a meeting at a local Lismore pub or something pre/post game?

More info will be released re: Lismore trial - we will organis to meet up with ALL Titans supporters.

As for the Suncorp game, HQ is getting back to re: ticketing allocation.

mr jemo
06-03-07, 06:41 PM
cause of work and that

Wolfpak
07-03-07, 11:58 PM
My wife and myself will be sitting in the Eastern Stand, Section S725 Row 70 Seats 41 - 42 Category blue. Wave if you see us! lmao

C-Whiz
10-03-07, 07:29 AM
C-Wiz i bought 10 tickets in 639 Row 67 lol. not far at all i think.

Hey Hoppy,

our bays are right next to each other. Should definitely be able to meet/see/sing/shout/cheer together.

Can't wait for the day.......

C-Whiz
10-03-07, 07:36 AM
My wife and myself will be sitting in the Eastern Stand, Section S725 Row 70 Seats 41 - 42 Category blue. Wave if you see us! lmao

Hey Wolfpak,

you're in the section directly opposite us, on the otherside of the stadium. We can use TITANS supporters flags to send messages using semaphore! Simple!

http://www.anbg.gov.au/flags/semaphore.html

I was thinking smoke signals, but Suncorp is a no-smoking stadium.........
Enjoy the game!

DIEHARD
10-03-07, 07:39 AM
Hey Wolfpak,

you're in the section directly opposite us, on the otherside of the stadium. We can use TITANS supporters flags to send messages using semaphore! Simple!

http://www.anbg.gov.au/flags/semaphore.html

I was thinking smoke signals, but Suncorp is a no-smoking stadium.........
Enjoy the game!

Hahaha what a classic.

BringBackWillie
11-03-07, 09:00 PM
There will be about 10 of us coming up from Brissie to watch the game. Couldn't wait about the legions so have got tickets in s3XX or something (sorry can't recall)

Let's hope for a big fan base!

I know the Dragons traditionally have a large group of Brisbane based supporters who are always present at the Broncos games so we will need to be LOUD!

Wolfpak
12-03-07, 09:07 PM

Okay, change of plans, we have an American staying with us at the moment who wants to see an NRL game, so she and my wife will now be sitting in those seats. I have to sit all by my lonesome in Section 526 Aisle 526 Row 45 Seat 23, so sorry C-Whiz, the brilliant semaphore idea just went out the window!

But hey, did you ever see Monty Python's Flying Circus doing The Semaphore Version Of Wuthering Heights? lmao

sargent
14-03-07, 10:33 AM
I have got a friend who is a Bulldogs fan who is going up 2 the game from sydney he is sitting in the eastern stand not sure where abouts though.

Steve
14-03-07, 03:15 PM
I probably won't do it this week, but i'm hoping to get a little... colourful for some of the home matches!
Coloured hairspray could be a fun addition http://www.thepartypeople.com.au/products/productDetail.asp?pid=110

And I think they have a blue and yellow face paint that's just about spot on for the Titans colours!
http://www.thepartypeople.com.au/products/productDetail.asp?pid=92

I'll probably have a shop around before ordering online though, can probably pick up cheaper, or at least without postage!

DIEHARD
14-03-07, 03:27 PM
I probably won't do it this week, but i'm hoping to get a little... colourful for some of the home matches!
Coloured hairspray could be a fun addition http://www.thepartypeople.com.au/products/productDetail.asp?pid=110

And I think they have a blue and yellow face paint that's just about spot on for the Titans colours!
http://www.thepartypeople.com.au/products/productDetail.asp?pid=92

I'll probably have a shop around before ordering online though, can probably pick up cheaper, or at least without postage!

Oh now we are talking. I'm shopping around for a couple special things, might not have 'em ready for a few rounds, but that's just something to work towards.

Looking forward to seeing what people come along with. Should be a beautiful kaledioscope of blue, gold and white!

The colours on those links, blue and gold, look to be spot on.

Wolfpak
20-03-07, 09:39 PM
Okay, since no one has started a Rd 2: Titans vs Sharks thread here in The Legion Forums yet, and since it won't let me do so, I have to ask this question in this thread instead. So, here goes:

Are there any plans in place for The Legion to all be sitting together in one of the General Admission areas for the Sharks game? I think it would be great for us all to make a showing and let everyone know who we are! I imagine DIEHARD would have his big flag there, which would be fairly easy for everyone to spot and know where to head to so we are all together. So what's the story folks? Are we going to make ourselves known?

Queenslander
20-03-07, 09:46 PM
Okay, since no one has started a Rd 2: Titans vs Sharks thread here in The Legion Forums yet, and since it won't let me do so, I have to ask this question in this thread instead. So, here goes:

Are there any plans in place for The Legion to all be sitting together in one of the General Admission areas for the Sharks game? I think it would be great for us all to make a showing and let everyone know who we are! I imagine DIEHARD would have his big flag there, which would be fairly easy for everyone to spot and know where to head to so we are all together. So what's the story folks? Are we going to make ourselves known?

Round 2 will be the first run for the Legion, the plan as i know it is that THE LEGION will be found underneath the scoreboard in the GA area.

DeeGan and DIEHARD will provide more information in the relevant thread :D

Poida
20-03-07, 11:57 PM
I taped this historic clash so I can relive it on my video player whenever :)

Quite a few handling errors but you gotta expect a few in round one :)
Good game by both teams. Chris Walker on fire with the boot and with a try.
Pity he ended up with broken thumb :(.
That Rogers kick chase was good to see even though the ball was fumbled.
All in all a good game of football :)