PDA

View Full Version : Need help, Gold Coast Hotels

Nathalie
29-01-07, 06:55 PM
Hi guys,

Shaun and I will be celebrating our first anniversary on March the 4th (which is a Sunday, so it'll be over the Saturday/Sunday). We would like to spend the Saturday night in a nice hotel in Surfers. Any recommendations? Nothing ****ty, but not something that's really expensive either (like $400 a night :laugh: ) . Right now I'm thinking Legends hotel. I would love to hear some good suggestions :D

Nat :)

TDoGGBulldog
29-01-07, 07:15 PM
i've stayed at crowne plaza, its nice... but too far from the beach imo.

and i've stayed at crown towers and from what i remember its nice...

people can stay at the Q1 can't they?

if so stay there.

Nathalie
29-01-07, 07:22 PM
i've stayed at crowne plaza, its nice... but too far from the beach imo.

and i've stayed at crown towers and from what i remember its nice...

people can stay at the Q1 can't they?

if so stay there.

I remember that when the Q1 opened, the 'special' was $200 per person, per night :laugh: so I doubt that the rates have gone down, but i'll have a look.

Yes I've been inside Crown Towers - wasn't bad! As for Crowne Plaza, that's a bit far. I'm looking for something very close to Cavill so we can walk everywhere.

Social Loafer
29-01-07, 07:23 PM
Save your money and head to Canberra in July, you will experience some unique weather. :D

xX_JP_Xx
29-01-07, 07:24 PM
I remember that when the Q1 opened, the 'special' was $200 per person, per night so I doubt that the rates have gone down, but i'll have a look.

Yes I've been inside Crown Towers - wasn't bad! As for Crowne Plaza, that's a bit far. I'm looking for something very close to Cavill so we can walk everywhere.

Hmm, Sounds like you're in need of My Help sis :) umm let me have a look around, i'll try and find one for ya :P

P.S: Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring, Banana Phone!!!

Nathalie
29-01-07, 07:26 PM
Hmm, Sounds like you're in need of My Help sis :) umm let me have a look around, i'll try and find one for ya :P

P.S: Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring, Banana Phone!!!

Banana phone!!! Hahaha!!!! Hey lil bro!!

Thanks for all your help everyone. Keep posting on this okay :laugh:

Nathalie
29-01-07, 07:30 PM
Well I can rule out the Q1. Minimum $245 a night, that's on the lower levels, and minimum two night's stay :lol!:

TDoGGBulldog
29-01-07, 07:36 PM
babes google it...thats what we do whenever i go on footy trips and need accomodation.

umm yeh we usually stay in cavill.... i just cant remember any of the hotels we stay in....

but i walked from cavill to crowne plaza its not that bad

TDoGGBulldog
29-01-07, 07:37 PM
how much are the higher ones? im gunna stay there next time

Nathalie
29-01-07, 07:42 PM
how much are the higher ones? im gunna stay there next time

Not sure at least $350 a night I think.. but they're all minimum two night stay..

And no way am I walking between Crowne plaza and Cavill. Not only is it too far (especially since I'll only have just over a month to go until I give birth) but walking all that way at night? Nah :p

I've been googling it. Just hard to find a proper list that's all. :(

TDoGGBulldog
29-01-07, 07:49 PM
oh ok... cool i will stay there if i come down for titans vs bulldogs.

haha yeh fair enough about the giving birth bit. But me and my little sister walked from cavill to crowne plaza at midnight on saturday.

yeh try like, surfers paradise accomodation cavill avenue, search that.... theres a nice one... i think it starts with A, right near cavill and great view of the beach... i just can't remember it.

Nathalie
29-01-07, 07:53 PM
Yes there are a few nice ones - I've figured it's easier to look it up online in the Yellow Pages. They have maps and all.

I better find a good one haha.. this is an important occasion :)

Nathalie
29-01-07, 08:39 PM
I have decided to broaden my search to include Broadbeach. Just letting everyone know :)

Steve
30-01-07, 12:03 AM
Have you tried sites like wotif.com?

I'm going to be on a similar search when the footy starts I think, won't always want to travel home right after the game.

Capital_Shark
30-01-07, 01:00 AM
If not for the bun in the oven I'd suggest drinking enough that you just don't care! This could possibly end up with one or both of you grabbing a couple hours in a club before the bouncers kick your drunken, sleepy **** out, and a few more in the gutter before the police or street cleaners find you.

But if you want a real cheap night and something to remember; once you've had enough to drink (determined by the bouncers or yourselves) start a scene in front of the cops and get a free bed in the cells.

Nathalie
30-01-07, 11:37 AM
If not for the bun in the oven I'd suggest drinking enough that you just don't care! This could possibly end up with one or both of you grabbing a couple hours in a club before the bouncers kick your drunken, sleepy **** out, and a few more in the gutter before the police or street cleaners find you.

But if you want a real cheap night and something to remember; once you've had enough to drink (determined by the bouncers or yourselves) start a scene in front of the cops and get a free bed in the cells.

:eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shaun's not really a club person.. more of a pub person.. but yes, I won't be drinking. Der. Maybe a glass of wine but that's it.

I still need to find a decent hotel. I'm secretly hoping that Shaun's planning something thought! :D