PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Rate our own Brian Carney's Tri-Nations performances

DeeGan
29-10-05, 05:55 PM
Titans: Rate our own Brian Carney's Tri-Nations performances

Brian Carney, the third ever Gold Coast Titan signing, kicks off his Tri-Nations campaign tomorrow morning (4.00am AEST) against the New Zealanders in what will be Great Britains first appearance in the 2005 series.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39881000/gif/_39881514_try_298.gif

Use this thread to discuss his performances over the coming weeks as Great Britain look to unsurp the Australians as well hold off the resurging Kiwis.

Carney will be a key figure on the wing for the poms, he will not only finish any opportunity that comes his way, he will be in the middle helping out the forwards as all the great ones do.

I have $10 on him to be first try scorer tonight ;)

DeeGan

Queenslander
29-10-05, 05:59 PM
Hopefully he goes well against the kiwis......he can just go easy against the kangaroos ;)

titans_fanatic
29-10-05, 06:53 PM
Hopefully he goes well against the kiwis......he can just go easy against the kangaroos ;)

hahaha exactly

DeeGan
30-10-05, 09:34 AM
I know how to put the mock on someone, to put it nicely, Brian Carney played poorly last night. This was easily the worst performance I have seen from the GB winger in any jersey and his game ended after 62 minutes when pulled from the field by Brian Noble.

Carney will have nightmares about Vanu Vatuvei who scored only the one try according to the history books though should have had three in my opinion. Two dubious decisions from the video referee saved Carney further embarassment.

Carney spilt 2 bombs, threw one shocking pass 7m from his try line and was often caught out in defence. If he is selected for the Australian game, Darren Lockyer will send ALOT of traffic his way and Matt Cooper (who will be left centre) will see ALOT of ball.

On a positive, Carney did make 73m for the GB team though it lacked any real impact.

Out of 10 tonight, I give Brian Carney 4.

DeeGan

Steelers
30-10-05, 09:37 AM
I know how to put the mock on someone, to put it nicely, Brian Carney played poorly last night. This was easily the worst performance I have seen from the GB winger in any jersey and his game ended after 62 minutes when pulled from the field by Brian Noble.

Carney will have nightmares about Vanu Vatuvei who scored only the one try according to the history books though should have had three in my opinion. Two dubious decisions from the video referee saved Carney further embarassment.

Carney spilt 2 bombs, threw one shocking pass 7m from his try line and was often caught out in defence. If he is selected for the Australian game, Darren Lockyer will send ALOT of traffic his way and Matt Cooper (who will be left centre) will see ALOT of ball.

On a positive, Carney did make 73m for the GB team though it lacked any real impact.

Out of 10 tonight, I give Brian Carney 4.

DeeGan

Well said, exactly the way I would have put it (but less detailed :p ). I really hope for his sake and GB's sake that he plays to his potential next week, because he is a great player on his day. Unfortunately, today wasn't his day.

3.5-4/10

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 02:55 PM
I Watched the first half he was a joke droping two high ball not tackling not getting in right postions for kicks and tackles i was sad to see this i would give him for his first half perfommance 0.5 out of 10 no joke i normally rate him really high but that was just poor

ridgey
30-10-05, 03:21 PM
i don't think we will see 2 performances like that in a row from him.look for him to bounce back against us in front of his home crowd at the mighty JJB.

provided noble picks him that is!

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 04:43 PM
i don't think we will see 2 performances like that in a row from him.look for him to bounce back against us in front of his home crowd at the mighty JJB.

provided noble picks him that is!

Yeah i hope he gets picked and he will bounce back

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 04:44 PM
Btw Congrats Ridgey For Getting To 300 Posts

Queenslander
30-10-05, 04:47 PM
Carney should get picked again it was a poor performance all around, and they will be ready for the next game for sure.

And by the way (i dont want to sound like a moderator here) but titans fanatic try to keep your messages to one post :) if you got something else that u forgot to say try editing your previous message

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 04:56 PM
Carney should get picked again it was a poor performance all around, and they will be ready for the next game for sure.

And by the way (i dont want to sound like a moderator here) but titans fanatic try to keep your messages to one post :) if you got something else that u forgot to say try editing your previous message

sorry mate just giving my congrats ALL HAIL FORUM COP QUEENSLANDER

[BroncosGirl]
Yep he didn't play too well last night, was caught out in defence alot. Made stupid mistakes. I'd give him about a 3/10.

Queenslander
sorry mate just giving my congrats ALL HAIL FORUM COP QUEENSLANDER

Thank you, thank you; i live to give :D

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 04:57 PM
Thank you, thank you; i live to give :D

HAHAH GOOD WORK MATE

League Freak
30-10-05, 05:04 PM
I dont really want to bad him to much seen as he is one of the Titans signings.

I would rate him 0 out of 10.

As a winger myself....thats as bad as its gets. When you have to burn an interchange on your winger because he is playing so poorly....I cant give that a rating of anything.

See, thats me nt bagging someone. You should see me when I hook in! :D

DeeGan
30-10-05, 05:10 PM
We have ;)

Visit www.rlfans.com

Poor little Rob Burrow is on Freak's list at the moment as is GB coach Brian Noble :)

DeeGan

The Original Idiot
30-10-05, 09:48 PM
ALL HAIL FORUM COP QUEENSLANDER
http://img22.echo.cx/img22/4378/siren3yv.gif http://img22.echo.cx/img22/2363/clipar56tk.jpg http://img22.echo.cx/img22/4378/siren3yv.gif

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 09:53 PM
http://img22.echo.cx/img22/4378/siren3yv.gif http://img22.echo.cx/img22/2363/clipar56tk.jpg http://img22.echo.cx/img22/4378/siren3yv.gif

haahhahaha bad cop bad cop what you gonna do whatcha gonna do when he comes for YOU!!

DeeGan
03-11-05, 02:34 AM
Brian Carney thankfully gets the chance to redeem himself as he has been selected in the GB squad and is likely to retain his place given the make up for the 19 man team named.

Let's support our man Brian Carney (DO NOT SUPPORT GB LIONS OR FACE SUSPENSION j/k or am I? ;) )this weekend and hope he plays a brilliant game in the GB's loss to Australia :)

In all seriousness (as per link in sig) I think Carney can and will bounce back from the nightmare he lived last weekend.

DeeGan

Dakink
03-11-05, 08:53 AM
Think there is a chance that Aus will run Gaz at him a few times this game?

DeeGan
04-11-05, 10:26 AM
Think there is a chance that Aus will run Gaz at him a few times this game?

Is the pope catholic? :laugh:

I think we will see Matt Cooper heading his way more often though as Carney defends on the right wing and Cooper is our left centre.

In short, Carney is in for ALOT of work on Sunday morning and we will target the left hand side of the field for the majority of the 80 minutes.

DeeGan

DIEHARD
06-11-05, 06:46 AM
Match isn't over yet, but I have to say our Carney has had a fantastic match!

He is all class to bounce back so well. Just what we want at the Titans.

CARNEY! CARNEY! CARNEY! :thumbsup:

DeeGan
06-11-05, 04:22 PM
Brian Carney bounced back this morning as I expected he would after a poor showing vs the NZ side. Carney was no M.O.M., though he was solid in all facets of play and answer all questions posed to him by the Australian team.

Carney had 18 hitups for 144m (3rd only to Wellens 149m and Fielden 145m for GB) and repaid the faith shown in him by Brian Noble.

7.5 out of 10

DeeGan

Steelers
06-11-05, 07:52 PM
Carney left last week behind him and played extremely well. Took some hit-ups away from the forwards which really helped GB. 8/10

Kallan
06-11-05, 09:40 PM
For the first match i would give him a 2/10.
For the 2nd match i would give him a 7/10.
He improved a lot, but it is not as though he could have done any worse, good on him for bouncing back.

DeeGan
06-11-05, 09:45 PM
I was over the moon for him when watching the game. He copped it from all angles and his so called 'fans' in GB turned on him as quick as you could say 'he will bounce back'. Pretty disappointing display though perhaps expected in the UK to a degree.

I hope he can get on the scoreboard next test as well in their third straight loss for the series ;)

DeeGan

The Dave
07-11-05, 12:09 AM
You must remember Carney is Irish and you called the fans, GB fans (which they are) so is it any wonder they will turn on a perceived foreigner.

DIEHARD
07-11-05, 12:15 AM
You must remember Carney is Irish and you called the fans, GB fans (which they are) so is it any wonder they will turn on a perceived foreigner.

Well the team is called the Great Britain and Ireland Lions.

Or as us Roos fans like to call them, Great Britain and Carney. :laugh:

The Dave
07-11-05, 09:45 AM
Trust me on this one, if you ask an english man what the name of the team is, they will reply - the british lions.

DeeGan
13-11-05, 06:48 AM
Brian Carney as expected bounced back last week and tonight is simply icing on the cake despite leaving the field after 33-35 minutes.

After 22 minutes he makes a great run from his own in-goal after NZ knock on...

After 26 minutes he finishes a smart short side play scoring off a good Chev Walker ball...

After 34 minutes he scores a great individual try taking GB to 22-0.

8 hit-ups for 152m, well done to Brian Carney :thumbsup:

Carney's biggest critics were GB supporters, thankfully for GB Noble showed faith in his vice-captain as he has put two good test matches back-to-back justifying his ranking as a world class rugby league winger.

Tonights rating, 8 out of 10.

Deegan

The Dave
13-11-05, 03:06 PM
Just hope the hamstring is alright, it always seems to dog him just when he is hitting top form.

Steelers
13-11-05, 07:33 PM
9/10 - Awesome game and would have come very close to getting MOTM if he had have played the full 80 mins.

Kallan
13-11-05, 07:42 PM
9/10 - He played really well, to bad he got injured.

Super Cronk
13-11-05, 08:00 PM
had a great game ...8/10.

Coaster
13-11-05, 08:16 PM
Did anyone else notice the reaction after Carneys second try by his so-called team mates?

The front on view shows it best, Its a ordinary reaction as they must have wanted him to go closer to the posts to score, but to be fair he just ran 80 meters and beat 3 players to get there.

DeeGan
20-11-05, 03:46 PM
Brian Carney picked up his third try for the Tri-Nations this morning in another uality performance from the Titans bound winger.

I still have to laugh at the GB "fans" who wrote him off after his shocker in the opening game, Carney has been amongst their best for the past three tests which is saying something in a pretty ordinary backline.

10 tackles - 17 hitups for 137m and a good try bumping off BK. Also was solid under the highball despite being outjumped by Matt King on a couple of occasions.

7 out of 10

Steelers
20-11-05, 04:51 PM
Carney had a good game. The thing that sticks in my mind was the hit on Kennedy when he scored the try.

ridgey
20-11-05, 05:53 PM
and now he can hopefully get himself fully fit and raring to go for the knights next year.
"johns cut out ball to carney...........TRYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!"
oh i can see it already.

titans_fanatic
20-11-05, 05:58 PM
yeah he played awsome one thing do you guys know why i cant do quckreplys??

DeeGan
20-11-05, 06:34 PM
You can - click on 'quick reply to this message' which is the icon at the right hand corner of the previous post and then you are able to post in the box at the bottom of the screen.

DeeGan

Luke
20-11-05, 08:42 PM
carney had a good game in a losing team i rate his performance a 7/10 hope he goes good for the knights next year

sonnyphil
26-11-05, 06:24 PM
hopeless under the high ball