PDA

View Full Version : Would you want Skilled Park to accommodate Origin and Tests.

Poida
11-01-07, 04:39 PM
Would you want Skilled Stadium to have State of Origin and Tests to play there?

Social Loafer
11-01-07, 04:48 PM
Would you want Skilled Stadium to have State of Origin and Tests to play there?

They would never play either matches there with Suncorp being so close...

Poida
11-01-07, 04:49 PM
They would never play either matches there with Suncorp being so close...
Why not the Stadium looks better than Suncorp imo.
Wish they never renovated Lang Park.

Social Loafer
11-01-07, 04:52 PM
Robina approx 25k...
Suncorp 50k....

25,000 more tickets... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It is why Canberra will nevre get an an international match, Sydney is considered close enough for Canberrans and their stadiums are 40,000 and 80,000....

Poida
11-01-07, 04:53 PM
Robina approx 25k...
Suncorp 50k....

25,000 more tickets... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It is why Canberra will nevre get an an international match, Sydney is considered close enough for Canberrans and their stadiums are 40,000 and 80,000....
Ok i get you now.
Wouldnt be bad though for an Origin series with 2 games in Queensland.
Have the Decider at Suncorp.

Robbie_Dee
11-01-07, 04:56 PM
Wouldn't happen, It'd get sent up north before being played at Gold Coast, Schifty basically covered my argument;)

Poida
11-01-07, 04:57 PM
Fair enough youre entitled to your view.
Besides i didnt say whether it will i asked whether you would want it there for a game or 2.

Queenslander
11-01-07, 05:27 PM
No to Origin, QLD home games should always be at Lang Park.

Yes to internationals. If Energy Australia can host a ANZAC test than Skilled Park should easily fit the criteria for a international match. I would expect at least two games when the World Cup comes around.

Poida
11-01-07, 05:32 PM
No to Origin, QLD home games should always be at Lang Park.

Yes to internationals. If Energy Australia can host a ANZAC test than Skilled Park should easily fit the criteria for a international match.
I can agree with that. :)

Future Star
11-01-07, 05:32 PM
If they ever get a test, Canberra should get one too. ;)

QLD home games ALWAYS at Lang Park.

DIEHARD
11-01-07, 05:41 PM
Test matches yes, but mainly internationals not involving the Kangaroos, or the Kangaroos vs a small nation or Junior Kangaroos or PM's XIII.

Origin never, the stadium isn't and won't be large enough.

Capital_Shark
11-01-07, 06:24 PM
Lang Park is the home of State of Origin and it should (and I imagine will) remain that way. Just because a stadium is good, doesn't mean it should host State of Origin matches. Canberra Stadium is a good stadium, but regardless of how convenient it would be for me, I'd hate them to hold a State of Origin there. Its Lang Park and Telstra for Origin. And since QLD struggle at Telstra, I'd prefer it were just Lang Park.

Poida
11-01-07, 06:25 PM
Lang Park is the home of State of Origin and it should (and I imagine will) remain that way. Just because a stadium is good, doesn't mean it should host State of Origin matches. Canberra Stadium is a good stadium, but regardless of how convenient it would be for me, I'd hate them to hold a State of Origin there. Its Lang Park and Telstra for Origin. And since QLD struggle at Telstra, I'd prefer it were just Lang Park.
Wont be winless for long mate ;)

BrisbaneBroncosRule
11-01-07, 06:27 PM
Skilled Stadium is Geelongs home ground in the AFL ;)

Poida
11-01-07, 06:29 PM
I meant the new stadium for the titans in 2008.
I mightve got the name wrong.

BrisbaneBroncosRule
11-01-07, 06:31 PM
I meant the new stadium for the titans in 2008.
I mightve got the name wrong.

Im just saying that there is another ground with the same name :rotflmao:

Capital_Shark
11-01-07, 06:32 PM

How ironic, a game with bugger all skill is played at a place called Skilled Stadium..

Poida
11-01-07, 06:32 PM
Im just saying that there is another ground with the same name :rotflmao:
Lol ok .

BrisbaneBroncosRule
11-01-07, 06:33 PM
How ironic, a game with bugger all skill is played at a place called Skilled Stadium..

Hey, leave my sport alone. AFL rules. ;)

Ryan
11-01-07, 06:36 PM
Lol name one thing its good for?
Keeps the tossers out of NRL!

I wreckon keep the Origin matches at traditional grounds where possible.
International tests would be ok for me.

BrisbaneBroncosRule

Im not gonna get into an argument, you love what you love, and visa versa.

It is the greatest game in the world, and you dont have to agree ;)

Poida
Keeps the tossers out of NRL!
Lol thats true.

Social Loafer
11-01-07, 06:42 PM

Let's people that don't have the skills required for the other 3 codes still play at a national level?

Make other sports look so much better?

* Rewards being unsuccessful?

* Allows people to carry out their strange desire to wear tight shorts and singlets?

Queenslander
11-01-07, 06:52 PM
Let's keep this thread on topic.

Social Loafer
11-01-07, 06:57 PM
All in good fun :laugh:

Anyway back on the topic of Robina, today's corporate world just wouldn't allow it. The ARL would stand to lose $100,000's if they moved a match from Suncorp to Robina. Also considering the sponsors would easily get a few 1000 tickets to Origin matches it would mean even less tickets for us fans to get a hold of. (>20,000).

If Origin is played at Robina, I'll walk to Yass backwards... (I think I made that bet somewhere before :laugh:)

dee13
11-01-07, 06:58 PM
No to Origins. QLDs home of origin is the Cauldron. I would like to think that someday Skilled would be considered for an international. Possibly some friendlies. I highly doubt that we will get a test match.

Poida
11-01-07, 06:58 PM

Anyway back on the topic of Robina, today's corporate world just wouldn't allow it. The ARL would stand to lose $100,000's if they moved a match from Suncorp to Robina. Also considering the sponsors would easily get a few 1000 tickets to Origin matches it would mean even less tickets for us fans to get a hold of. (>20,000).

If Origin is played at Robina, I'll walk to Yass backwards... (I think I made that bet somewhere before :laugh:)
So the name is Robina? Not Skilled park?
Im confused.

Queenslander
11-01-07, 07:00 PM

The only time I could even possibly see Skilled Park hosting an Origin game is if, Suncorp Stadium gets redeveloped again. So that will be another 20-30 years and by than Brisbane would probably have another stadium to accommodate the game other than QSAC/ANZ stadium which has hosted two origins.

Capital_Shark
11-01-07, 07:01 PM

Yes, and once again I'll be confident enough to say I'll join you and carry the esky.

Robbie_Dee
11-01-07, 07:04 PM
Im confused.It is Robina, like Lang Park, the sponsored name is Skilled park like Suncorp;)

kioli
11-01-07, 07:05 PM
Im confused.
Skilled Park is the Titans stadium and Skilled Stadium is some afl place in victoria.

Steelers
11-01-07, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some World Cup matches played there :D

They will never get an origin match, unless one day the stadium gets an upgrade to a 40000+ capacity, then they 'might' get one.

Future Star
11-01-07, 07:55 PM

I believe it was Quenbeyan ;)

Pale Ale Panther
12-01-07, 07:19 PM
i've herd Qld want to play a few games at Robina next year,

GO THE ROAR !!!! :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
12-01-07, 09:40 PM
Dariy Farmers needs to be trialed for an international in my opinion... If they're only getting 25000-30000 in Sydney i'd make it a challenge we can do up here in North QLD to beat that. We can fit over 31000 into dairy farmers, we've done it before in around 1999-2001 for a broncos-cowboys match somewhere.. if we could do that back then, Dairy Farmers has only been extended, my guess is we would have the interest and support to once again breach our capacity and host an international.

After we're given one, then think about Skilled Park!

Poida
12-01-07, 09:45 PM
Dariy Farmers needs to be trialed for an international in my opinion... If they're only getting 25000-30000 in Sydney i'd make it a challenge we can do up here in North QLD to beat that. We can fit over 31000 into dairy farmers, we've done it before in around 1999-2001 for a broncos-cowboys match somewhere.. if we could do that back then, Dairy Farmers has only been extended, my guess is we would have the interest and support to once again breach our capacity and host an international.

Plus it sold out in 2004 final .

Steelers
12-01-07, 11:54 PM

I hope a Kangaroos game gets taken up to NQ during the World Cup, there is no doubt it will be a sellout, even if it is against a minnow. Aus vs PNG at Dairy Farmers would be great :D