PDA

View Full Version : NRL: Souths release Brett Kearney

DeeGan
27-10-05, 10:59 AM
NRL: Souths release Brett Kearney

Young utility Brett Kearney has been released from the final year of his contract and rumour has it Shane Elford is looking to get out of his deal with the club and remain with the Wests Tigers.

Paul Gallen is being linked to the club also.

DeeGan

DIEHARD
27-10-05, 02:30 PM
Bunnies are looking good for 2006.

They have Merritt back as well, a player I rate highly.

Releasing Kearney isn't much of a suprise.

GO BUNNIESSS!!!!

PARANoIR
27-10-05, 04:47 PM
Elfords showing a bit of common sense, no one wants to go from Premier to Wooden Spooner.

DIEHARD
27-10-05, 04:59 PM
Elfords showing a bit of common sense, no one wants to go from Premier to Wooden Spooner.

Souths aren't wooden spooners. ;)

Steelers
27-10-05, 06:07 PM
I think Souths will do very well next year.

The Original Idiot
27-10-05, 06:28 PM
Souths aren't wooden spooners. ;)
Close enough. They're as good as wooden spooners.

Dakink
28-10-05, 07:51 AM
Close enough. They're as good as wooden spooners.

I am going to put a tenner on them winning the spoon again. Im not sure they will get it but they should opffer sdome good odds and if they get some injuries they havent the depth to cover.

ridgey
28-10-05, 05:03 PM
if elford turns his back on the bunnies after signing with them i hope the tigers have a massive fall from grace and the bunnies finish ahead of em.

titans_fanatic
29-10-05, 03:17 PM
Elford wont get out if he does hes a mongeral go the bunnies for 06

Inferno
29-10-05, 07:42 PM
Gallen would be a fantastic signing for the Bunnies, but I hope its just a rumour, I want him to stay with us:(

dan the man
29-10-05, 08:35 PM
they may not be wooden spooners but lets face it they will be close.... (this will stir a few up) :D

titans_fanatic
29-10-05, 08:39 PM
you people clearly didnt see there last few games they will go close to making the 8 IMO

Queenslander
29-10-05, 10:04 PM
Good luck to souths but they aint going nowhere im afraid, there a clubs that will always do well and there are clubs that always underperform and souths are one of those clubs.

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 08:22 AM
Good luck to souths but they aint going nowhere im afraid, there a clubs that will always do well and there are clubs that always underperform and souths are one of those clubs.

There are clubs that will always do well?? are you joking me you tell me a club that has one 20 premerships! They resisted the idea of merging they fought it and now they are back in the comp it is very hard to start a team from nothing we are lucky because there arnt many clubs in queensland.So players want to come to us.

Roosters a while back were doing so baddly they were giving tickets away at maccas getting 4000 3000 2000 and even 1000 crowds to some games yet then they make 3 grandfinals in a row .

manly came from second last to in the top eight this year even though they* started the season alot better then they ended itover all it was a good outcome for them.

What about the panthers around the bottom of the table for ages then they won a premership.

clubs go through good stages and bad stages souths are coming out of a bad stage at the moment but when they hit a good stage bamm they willl have the biggest crowd averages in the comp.

I cant wait for 2007 and i can hate all clubs each week and cheer on my titans its getting closer and closer!!

Steelers
30-10-05, 08:27 AM
There are clubs that will always do well?? are you joking me you tell me a club that has one 20 premerships! They resisted the idea of merging they fought it and now they are back in the comp it is very hard to start a team from nothing we are lucky because there arnt many clubs in queensland.So players want to come to us.

Roosters a while back were doing so baddly they were giving tickets away at maccas getting 4000 3000 2000 and even 1000 crowds to some games yet then they make 3 grandfinals in a row .

manly came from second last to in the top eight this year even though they* started the season alot better then they ended itover all it was a good outcome for them.

What about the panthers around the bottom of the table for ages then they won a premership.

clubs go through good stages and bad stages souths are coming out of a bad stage at the moment but when they hit a good stage bamm they willl have the biggest crowd averages in the comp.

I cant wait for 2007 and i can hate all clubs each week and cheer on my titans its getting closer and closer!!

Well said. You can't expect a club to be on the bottom forever!

Queenslander
30-10-05, 10:22 AM
There are clubs that will always do well?? are you joking me you tell me a club that has one 20 premerships!

That was a different era, the game has changed since then, you need to let go of the past. in this era they are cellar dwellers perhaps in the future they may improve.

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 10:48 AM
mate it dosnt really bother me to much as my team yes my team the gold coast titans will be coming into the comp but you said there are some team that will ALWAYS do well this is not true it goes in stages teams lose there players there team gets old all sorts of things happen

Super Cronk
30-10-05, 12:14 PM
titans fanatic you are right in a way. The game of rugby league is so unpredictable in all aspects of the game.

BUT.....if a team has had many years of success they are more likely to attract better players, coaching staff ect therefore giving them a head start over a team who has been in the bottom 5 for the last 10 years, just an example.

ie(this is just an example): andrew johns, billy slater, john sutton and paul rauhihi are off contract. They see that the roosters have made the finals alot of times in the past 10 years, then on the other hand you have souths who have come last for the last 2 years and have failed to make the 8 for 7 years(remember its just an example!). The players see that ricky stuart must be a good coach and that the roosters are a good team to get to the finals so often and sign with the roosters, therefore the roosters get awesome players and continue to succeed and souths miss out on these players and continue to struggle.

It is possible for certain teams to always be at the top because they attract the players and the coaches needed for a succesfull team. and its possible that teams can stay at the bottom of the ladder because of their poor form over the years.

Queenslander
30-10-05, 12:20 PM
if a team has had many years of success they are more likely to attract better players, coaching staff ect therefore giving them a head start over a team who has been in the bottom 5 for the last 10 years, just an example.

ie(this is just an example): andrew johns, billy slater, john sutton and paul rauhihi are off contract. They see that the roosters have made the finals alot of times in the past 10 years, then on the other hand you have souths who have come last for the last 2 years and have failed to make the 8 for 7 years(remember its just an example!). The players see that ricky stuart must be a good coach and that the roosters are a good team to get to the finals so often and sign with the roosters, therefore the roosters get awesome players and continue to succeed and souths miss out on these players and continue to struggle.

It is possible for certain teams to always be at the top because they attract the players and the coaches needed for a succesfull team. and its possible that teams can stay at the bottom of the ladder because of their poor form over the years.

This is what i have been trying to say, i just couldnt find the right example to use :D

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 01:52 PM
titans fanatic you are right in a way. The game of rugby league is so unpredictable in all aspects of the game.

BUT.....if a team has had many years of success they are more likely to attract better players, coaching staff ect therefore giving them a head start over a team who has been in the bottom 5 for the last 10 years, just an example.

true but all that needs to happen to change this is for souths to go close or get in the top eight get a couple of good players then come 5th get more good players and before they know it they will be in a GF

ridgey
30-10-05, 02:16 PM
how many of you guy's and gals thought the tigers would be cellar dwellers?

with the bunnies having the right admin and coaching staff now rest assured success is not too far away.they have some great up and coming talent and will attract more big names if they continue the way they have been progressing forward.

Super Cronk
30-10-05, 02:20 PM
true but all that needs to happen to change this is for souths to go close or get in the top eight get a couple of good players then come 5th get more good players and before they know it they will be in a GF

exactly. But so far they havent shown any good footy...and untill they start winning some games they wont attract the stars or the juniors for that matter.

ridgey
30-10-05, 02:25 PM
exactly. But so far they havent shown any good footy...and untill they start winning some games they wont attract the stars or the juniors for that matter.

you obviously we're asleep for the latter half of the season when the bunnies won 6 of they're last 8 to avoid the spoon.

Super Cronk
30-10-05, 02:32 PM
you obviously we're asleep for the latter half of the season when the bunnies won 6 of they're last 8 to avoid the spoon.

No i wasnt asleep...and 6 good games from a 1 year isnt exactly great. :rolleyes:

i dont mean that they havent played any good games individualy ....but a season as a whole it wasnt that good.

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 02:32 PM

exactyl ridgey they have got sutton locked up for a couple of years a future representative player IMO so next year they imporve and the year after they make the eight then they get the signings and there in a GF

ridgey
30-10-05, 02:34 PM
well they'll have to prove the doubters wrong in 06 and make the 8

Super Cronk
30-10-05, 02:46 PM
well they'll have to prove the doubters wrong in 06 and make the 8

and i hope they do prove the doubters wrong...ild love to see a even more closer comp then 2005.

Queenslander
30-10-05, 03:34 PM
and i hope they do prove the doubters wrong...ild love to see a even more closer comp then 2005.

As do i, but im a realist, and i dont see them in the 8 next season, perhaps 2007/8

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 03:46 PM
As do i, but im a realist, and i dont see them in the 8 next season, perhaps 2007/8
fairy tales do happen panthers and tigers GF WINNERS