PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Olympic Sports

~Wild Child~
24-12-06, 11:17 PM
Which of the Olympic sports do you enjoy watching the most?
1. Gymnastics
2. Swimming
3. Equstrian
4. S hooting
5. Weight Lifting (as a g irl :rolleyes:..I did'nt expect to enjoy this one, as much as I did :p)

PS..Maybe this thread should be merged with the other Olympic thread? :)

Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
24-12-06, 11:36 PM
swimming, weight lifting, soccer and there are a heap more of the athletics....

I esspecially enjoy the weight lifting because i do it, just nowhere near as heavy, but hey, I bench 70kgs! Go Me!

Robbie_Dee
24-12-06, 11:38 PM
1. Table tennis
2. Track and field events, like Shot put, Javelin, Discuss etc...
3. Pole Volt/high Jump/Long Jump/Triple Jump
4. Swimming/Diving

~lee~
25-12-06, 12:28 AM
The boxing and running events are my favourites.

Ryan
25-12-06, 04:16 PM
swimming, weight lifting, soccer and there are a heap more of the athletics....

I esspecially enjoy the weight lifting because i do it, just nowhere near as heavy, but hey, I bench 70kgs! Go Me!
How much do you weigh?

I like watching the boxing and weightlifting - and I'll watch anything our Aussies are competing in.

BrisbaneBroncosRule
25-12-06, 04:18 PM
I like watching most of the sports, lol, except for Gymnastics :( I really love watching the Womens Basketball, Hockey and Volleyball :D :spit:

Ryan
25-12-06, 04:24 PM
I like watching most of the sports, lol, except for Gymnastics :( I really love watching the Womens Basketball, Hockey and Volleyball :D :spit:
Yep, I'd have too agree with you there, I don't mind watchin most of the women compete :naughty:

BrisbaneBroncosRule
25-12-06, 04:35 PM
Yep, I'd have too agree with you there, I don't mind watchin most of the women compete :naughty:

yep, its always "fun" :laugh:

Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
25-12-06, 09:21 PM
How much do you weigh?

I like watching the boxing and weightlifting - and I'll watch anything our Aussies are competing in.

I weight 75kilos mate...

Ryan
26-12-06, 12:22 PM
I weight 75kilos mate...
If you can bench press your own body weight, your doing pretty good....

Titanium_BD1103
27-12-06, 11:50 PM
Nice thread Michel... nah the other Olympics thread was for the Winter Olympics.. will keep it separate... :)

My Favourite Olympic Sports are....

1. Diving- I reckon Loudy Tourky and Robert Newbery got me interested in this... they are so talented to do turns and tucks whilst freefalling to the water... it's a real great thing to watch, and a great challenge.

2. Shooting- I love watching to see if people, in particular Aussies like Michael Diamond, Russell and Lauren Mark and Suzy Balogh can hit the target.

3. Basketball- I love my Basketball, and to see the Boomers and Opals do well is a great pride thing.

4. Beach Volleyball- I don't know, I like the music and the carnival atmosphere.

5. Equestrian- I love watching the horses and the cross country, it's mighty dangerous though.

~Wild Child~
05-01-07, 05:20 PM
I have gone blank on what the sport is called..but where the women do the underwater dancing..is in my opinion a total waste of time..and I don't believe that it should be included in the Olympics..and lol..why is there no male category for this..when all other sports facilitate both male and female events? :D

And also the ribbon twirling thing..lol..looks pretty..but should it really be classed as an Olympic sport?

BrisbaneBroncosRule
05-01-07, 05:22 PM
I have gone blank on what the sport is called..but where the women do the underwater dancing..is in my opinion a total waste of time..and I don't believe that it should be included in the Olympics..and lol..why is there no male category for this..when all other sports facilitate both male and female events? :D

And also the ribbon twirling thing..lol..looks pretty..but should it really be classed as an Olympic sport?

Synchronised Swimming? :rotflmao: I hate it too lol

~Wild Child~
05-01-07, 05:25 PM
Synchronised Swimming? :rotflmao: I it too lolI really don't know how it was ever included in the first place...The same with the ribbon thing :laugh:
Is it true that each Olympics..showcases a new sport, which is then included in the next Games?

BrisbaneBroncosRule
05-01-07, 05:28 PM
I really don't know how it was ever included in the first place...The same with the ribbon thing :laugh:
Is it true that each Olympics..showcases a new sport, which is then included in the next Games?

Most of the times it has, i think. ;)

~Wild Child~
05-01-07, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know which are the new sports to be included in the next games?

BrisbaneBroncosRule
05-01-07, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know which are the new sports to be included in the next games?

No i dont sorry Michel. Ill try and find out.

BrisbaneBroncosRule
05-01-07, 05:51 PM
Here you go Michel. I found this on wikipedia.

Nine new events will be held, including two from the new cycling discipline of BMX. Women will compete in the 3000m steeplechase for the first time. In addition, marathon swimming events for men and women, over the distance of 10 kilometers, will be added to the swimming discipline. Team events (men and women) in table tennis will replace the doubles events. In fencing, women's team foil and women's team sabre will replace men's team foil and women's team epee.

Demonstration events have not been held at any Olympic Games (Summer or Winter) since 1992. In addition to the recognized Olympic sports, some video gamers have recently talked to the Chinese government in hopes of their allowing video games to be a demonstration sport at these games

~Wild Child~
05-01-07, 06:02 PM
Here you go Michel. I found this on wikipedia.:!: Nine new events..WOW! I'm liking the BMX addition :win:

Thank you for posting this up BBR :) Much appreciated..I'll come back a lil later..and post a bit more on this :)

I'm wondering how they add so many more sports with out lengthening the duration of the games.

BrisbaneBroncosRule
05-01-07, 08:26 PM
:!: Nine new events..WOW! I'm liking the BMX addition :win:

Thank you for posting this up BBR :) Much appreciated..I'll come back a lil later..and post a bit more on this :)

I'm wondering how they add so many more sports with out lengthening the duration of the games.

Maybe they have more venues? ;)

no worries SSM

~Wild Child~
05-01-07, 09:09 PM
Maybe they have more venues? ;)

no worries SSM:whatd: :D Something tells me i shoulda known that :( :lol!:

BrisbaneBroncosRule
05-01-07, 09:09 PM
:whatd: :D Something tells me i shoulda known that :( :lol!:

lol dont worry, it maybe but it maybe not :roll: :roll: :roll:

~Wild Child~
05-01-07, 09:13 PM
lol dont worry, it maybe but it maybe not :roll: :roll: :roll::topic: :D
:(......Are you teasin me?..lol

BrisbaneBroncosRule
05-01-07, 09:13 PM
:(......Are you teasin me now?..lol

no, im just being nice M ;) ;)

Social Loafer
06-01-07, 12:20 AM
Synchronized Swimming and the Equestrian Dressage.

Capital_Shark
06-01-07, 12:22 AM
Synchronized Swimming and the Equestrian Dressage.

One word: GANGSTA!