PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign.....

Super Cronk
24-10-05, 07:18 PM
A former Wallabies assistant strength and conditioning coach has been signed on for three years by the Brisbane Broncos rugby league club as part of a revamp of the club's coaching department.

Victorian Dean Benton will replace former Broncos and Queensland player Gary Belcher.

The 37 year old comes with high qualifications and has returned to Australia after completing a study tour in the United States.

Benton has worked with the Australian Rugby Union's Elite Player Development Program and held coaching positions with the Victorian Rugby Union, Australian Institute of Sport, Queensland Academy of Sport and Athletics Australia.

skynews.com.au

Steelers
24-10-05, 07:21 PM
They clearly needed people that have worked all their lives coaching people in different ways. Ex-players like Walters and Belcher can't match it with highly qualified professionals. Good move by the Broncos.

[BroncosGirl]
24-10-05, 07:34 PM
What steelers said :p

But yea its great move by the Broncos, im sure his experience will be really handy, and he'll be willing to step in and give some ideas to WB.

ridgey
25-10-05, 04:16 PM
he's just got to start cracking the whip from the get go i reckon

The Original Idiot
25-10-05, 05:00 PM
Victorian? Rugby? Bahahahahaha!

Dakink
25-10-05, 05:24 PM

That was also my first thought - Though I'll reserve judgement till we see hoe they go next year - they couldnt fall away any worse in the back half of the year.

Steelers
25-10-05, 05:30 PM

What code you play has nothing to do with being fit.