PDA

View Full Version : Do You have an NRL team now? Are you going to stick with them in 2007

Cliffy GC
22-09-05, 08:08 PM
I'm a huge Manly Fan and get down to brookie a fair bit, i could never ditch the Seags but I consider myself very lucky that in 2007 the only two places ive called home will both be represented in the NRL.

So i will defintely be a Manly and a Gold Coast Fan

The only trouble i see is when they play each other

GO the draw :)

sinkn annie
22-09-05, 08:10 PM
If people have teams already, then abandon them to follow the Titans, that would class your fan base as fairly loyal-less ....or "starchless", LOL...wouldnt it?

Cliffy GC
22-09-05, 08:13 PM
If people have teams already, then abandon them to follow the Titans, that would class your fan base as fairly loyal-less ....or "starchless", LOL...wouldnt it?

I think most people will mate

I also think alot of people in SE Qld lost interest and fell out of love with the Broncos during super league, i think those people will get on board too.

The kids are the most important if they can get the kids to fall in love with the club they are set.

eelectrica
22-09-05, 08:16 PM
Can't drop the Eels but there is enough room for both.
I guess the acid test will come when they meet in a finals match.

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:17 PM
It isn't as cut and dry as it is in NSW, who have 10 teams to pick from.

In Queensland we have two, both about 1700 km away from each other.

The Broncos have lost a lot of fans and there are a lot of ready made fans for the Gold Coast, who are rugby league fans but not Broncos fans.

Besides we had a team in the NRL pre-1998. Who says the fans just aren't coming back home?

And some of the adults may follow two teams, but it is the children who will grow up knowing nothing but Titans, Titans, Titans.... :)

League Freak
22-09-05, 08:19 PM
Im a Panthers fan and will always be a Panthers fan. They will always be my favorite club.

Thing is, Im a fan of the game and I can enjoy the success of other clubs.

For the same reason I loved watching the Cowboys in 2004 and the Tigers in 2005....I'll enjoy watching the Titans in the not to distant future.

sinkn annie
22-09-05, 08:20 PM
LOL....yeah see ur point......I can see people being fed up with the Broncos.

Green Machine
22-09-05, 08:25 PM
Ive been a Raider fan for 11 years now, im 16 and i live in Ipswich, Born in Canberra. I hate the broncos with the passion and not a big fan of the Cowboys. But im going to barrack for the Titans to be the best Qld side and hope they do well. But im a NSW/ACT man. But i really like the Titans logo, kinda like the Oakland Raiders one with the two swords crossed. Wish the Titans joined in 2006 :p

Green Machine

DeeGan
22-09-05, 08:27 PM
This is my 7th full season without a Gold Coast team and as I said in another thread, I am all the better for it in a way given my love for the game of Rugby League grew stronger despite having not 'real team' to follow. The only team that did not leave me was the QLD Maroons :D

I knew this day would come again, the day I would have a team again. Quite an emotional day admittedly today. I got a bit of a tear in the eye when we got the green light from David Gallop and it was there again when I first layed eyes on the logo a few days back.

2006 is a busy season for myself personally with the forum and site, it will be deeply satisfying, but busy all the same. As per the last 7 years, I will go about watching the greatest game of all appreciating the quality of teams and players in the modern game.

Green Machine
22-09-05, 08:28 PM
But do people think the gold coast have had there chances? Seagulls and Chargers? Does anyone think that other places should have had a shot?

Green Machine

Super Cronk
22-09-05, 08:30 PM
im a storm fan..i wont "support" the GC as in become a die hard fan and drop the storm...but i want the GC to be a competitive team and thats what i cant wait too see so ill be hoping that they have a good first season...just as long as they dont beat the storm ;)

robrabbitoh
22-09-05, 08:33 PM
i live on the gold coast and a big South Sydney rabbitohs fan , im a member aswell and will never drop the rabbitohs , but the coast will be a 2nd team i plan to buy a season ticket but when souths v titans , sorry titans i will be turning up with my red and greens on , but still good news with a side back up here , i used to go to the seagulls / giants / chargers games a fair bit

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:33 PM
This is my 7th full season without a Gold Coast team and as I said in another thread, I am all the better for it in a way given my love for the game of Rugby League grew stronger despite having not 'real team' to follow. The only team that did not leave me was the QLD Maroons :D

Exactly. If you look at the people that turn up to Origins, Internationals and QRL GFs they are different than Broncos crowds. There are a lot of people like me and yourself.

I was a Broncos fan, but I couldn't support a team that....well...you know.

Now I have a team that I can set my heart on.

It is great to have a real team to follow again!

Also at the end of the day, there is plenty of room in rugby league to support TWO teams. You just have to pick one over the other when they play each other though.

Queenslander
22-09-05, 08:34 PM
I will support any team, that is queenslander at heart :D

Chaos
22-09-05, 08:35 PM
I'm also a big fan of the logo. A mate had me hooked on the Pirates but the Titans is growing on me quickly.
I've been watching the NRL fairly closely for the last five years now and I have changed clubs each year. This year is the Cowboys but my heart lies with the Gold Coast. Bring on 2007!

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:35 PM
But do people think the gold coast have had there chances? Seagulls and Chargers? Does anyone think that other places should have had a shot?

Green Machine

Queensland needed and deserved a 3rd team.

TITANMAN
22-09-05, 08:37 PM
I did support the Warriors but they suck,

GO TITANS!!

DeeGan
22-09-05, 08:38 PM

Green Machine

Three other admin teams have had a shot at getting this team right on the Gold Coast and failed, I am 100% certain no one at the Gold Coast hides behind that. I don't think Michael Searle and his board will.

Do I think that the other places should have had a shot?

I believe the Central Coast and second NZ team deserved the chance to best present the case to the NRL committee. The playing field was level though Michael and the bid team were better prepared and presented a better product with the help of the Gold Coast people.

This post could go on and on and on...though I will stop right here. Too early in the piece to bore members to death going over a topic that is now only a hypothetical ;)

The Central Coast I think lost all respect with their constant criticism in the media of the decision process and the actions that followed by key figures in their bid. The NZ bid had merit, though I am not sure two teams in NZ is viable. That's just me.

GO THE TITANS! ;)

Chaos
22-09-05, 08:39 PM
By The Way...Broncos have an old coach and play an old style of football which is boring.

I admire Bennet but he makes the finals and then doesn't seem to have the drive to go all the way.

Green Machine
Yea i know QLD need a third side also. Hope one day Ipswich can enter a side, Ipswich Jets :D We were in the running to be the capital of QLD dont forget. And Ipswich is growing fast, even though it has a bad rep.

League Freak
From memory the Gold Coast will be one of the largest population centers in Australia within the next few years and will have more people living there then other state capitals.

The second biggest Rugby League state in the world needed another team. With all the funding in place, a booming population, a supporter base that wants a team....ANY team.....and a junior base that many clubs would kill for.....Im wondering when the Gold Coast will get a second NRL club! :D

Lennox Titan
22-09-05, 08:40 PM
Queensland needed and deserved a 3rd team.

Gold Coast were a victim of about 24 teams running about during the SL days. There just was not enough talent to spread around.

I think im right in saying the GC ended up with about 2 million still left in the bank. SL clubs were in debt for over 6 million which was written off my News ltd. Why were they cut? SL peace deal not because they werent going well.

KingoftheGoldCoast
22-09-05, 08:42 PM
I'm 14 but my father supports the Rabbitohs so I'll have a soft spot for them but I'd like to think that the Titans will be MY team.

League Freak
22-09-05, 08:42 PM
Lets not go over old ground.

lets look forward with this new team. It has no baggage and....did I mention I really like the logo? :D

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:46 PM
Lets not go over old ground.

lets look forward with this new team. It has no baggage and....did I mention I really like the logo? :D

Wise words Freak!

The logo is brilliant!

NeWy RooSta
22-09-05, 08:49 PM
At the moment i'm a Rooster fan but come 2007 i can certainly see myself being a Titan Rooster, Gold Coast look awesome both with the players they signed and the logo. :D

KingoftheGoldCoast
22-09-05, 08:58 PM
At the moment i'm a Rooster fan but come 2007 i can certainly see myself being a Titan Rooster, Gold Coast look awesome both with the players they signed and the logo. :D

Another rooster fan abandoning the Ricky Stuart sinking ship! ;) :D

robrabbitoh
22-09-05, 09:04 PM
hahahahahahhaah ricky puppet stuart , i still watch that game 17-16 win over the roorters

TITANMAN
22-09-05, 09:05 PM
How are the Rabbits looking next year?

NeWy RooSta
22-09-05, 09:08 PM
hahahahahahhaah ricky puppet stuart , i still watch that game 17-16 win over the roorters
Do you still watch it because it's souths only victory over the Roosters in 10 years and you won't be seeing another one in a while?

robrabbitoh
22-09-05, 09:10 PM
mate startin to look good next yr , those last 8 weeks of the season showed the nrl what we can do , and some interesting stuff goin on with crowe at the moment as a member i will get to vote on the deal , so few months ahead of fun times as a rabbitoh supporter

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/davester10/bday20party20and20souths20v20bronco.jpg

captaincharger
22-09-05, 09:15 PM
living in sydney i used to be a tigers fan and will always have a bit of a soft spot for them but i was on the gold coast when they anounced the giants were kicking off and have been hooked on the gold coast since from giants to seagulls to chargers i kept the faith :) i will have to admit turning to the dark side though after 1998 and supporting the broncos :eek: i would like to apologise to everyone and am glad to tell everyone that i have fully recovered from my delusional state now that the gold coast r back :D :D

Chaos
22-09-05, 09:27 PM
Apology accepted Captain.
I think the Titans and Broncos will develop a local rivalry in the future.

Christabella
23-09-05, 01:08 AM
Dump my team? You gotta be kidding! ;)

Back in 1997 I followed the Gold Coast in the ARL as I needed to follow someone in the other half a comp, and continued to watch them as a second team in 1998. I had a particular liking for Jamie Goddard which may have had something to do with him pummelling Johns in Origin (I still love that footage) ;)

This year I was in attendence at the Dogs v Cowboys game the day the Gold Coast was re-admitted to the NRL and the atmosphere was one of the best I experienced all season.

Depending on who they sign between now and then they'll probably rank third for me in 2007. ;)

J-Storm
23-09-05, 01:43 AM
Well I've been forced to switch allegiances once already in this lifetime and though I don't want to do it again, if forced out of Melbourne (like my beloved Bears were) I would become either a Panther, Tiger or Titan supporter. But until then I'll remain with the Storm with the Titans now my official #2 team...

Mattiger
23-09-05, 02:42 AM
I'm a tigers fan through and through but i'm excited by the admittance of the titans into the comp... i'd like to take this chance to welcome you guys into the comp and wish you best of luck... just dont beat the tigers! :p

Cliffy GC
23-09-05, 03:12 AM
Dump my team? You gotta be kidding! ;)

Back in 1997 I followed the Gold Coast in the ARL as I needed to follow someone in the other half a comp, and continued to watch them as a second team in 1998. I had a particular liking for Jamie Goddard which may have had something to do with him pummelling Johns in Origin (I still love that footage) ;)

This year I was in attendence at the Dogs v Cowboys game the day the Gold Coast was re-admitted to the NRL and the atmosphere was one of the best I experienced all season.

Depending on who they sign between now and then they'll probably rank third for me in 2007. ;)
jimmy goddard was a legend after 2002 manly should have never let him go
had a few ales with him at manly leagues

DIEHARD
23-09-05, 03:18 AM

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse_forum/graemlins/applaud.gif http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse_forum/graemlins/applaud.gif http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse_forum/graemlins/applaud.gif

Yea I was there as well and loved every second of it. The atmosphere was amazing. I was especially impressed with how well the fans seemed to be united even though they had no real team to support.

Just imagine what will happen when they get a team on the field and a new $100 million stadium to play in.

Another thing I really enjoyed was the atmosphere after the game, with everyone walking home. Everyone was in party mode!

There was COWBOYS! CHARGEEERRRSSS!!!! and GOLD COOOOAAASSSTT!!! chants all over the place as well as car horns tooting over time.

It was a magic night to remember.

Snow
23-09-05, 05:23 AM
i am a Sharks fan since i first started watching the then ARL but i will be dropping them for the Titans come 2007,Because i love the Maroons and would like to support a QLD team i dont like the broncos and theres allready a Cowboys supporter in the house plus i liked the Seagulls.I just hope the Titians have a long future :)

Susan
23-09-05, 06:28 AM
Never! I am a huge rugby league fan and am so grateful to those who have worked so hard to get the Gold Coast up and running in the NRL. This time it is a professional unit and I am sure will be very successful. I will support the Titans 99% - until they play my team, the Bulldogs, whom I have supported for the last 25 years. I cannot and will not give up my loyalty to the Dogs, that not what supporting your team means. I have been there through the good times and the bad, and have always stuck loyally by my team. So when the Titans play the Dogs, I will be supporting the Dogs. But in every other match I will support the Titans. I am just thrilled at the chance to have first grade rugby league games to attend here on the Gold Coast.

Dakink
23-09-05, 09:28 AM
I am excited. I bleed red and white but now with the Titans an hour up the freeway Ill have truly multi coloured blood. The only time I wont be cheering for the Titans is when the Dragons come to town. Already getting a bank loan to cover the cost of a glod membership :D

footyfan09
23-09-05, 10:00 AM
Sharks and Titans will be my #1though Titans might take over in the following years

HodgoBerro
23-09-05, 02:21 PM
i'm a diehard broncos fan - i won't ever give them up however i'm a closet canberra supporter and probably will take on as a titans fan.

this is how true to my support that i am a broncos supporter thru and thru

i've got the lightning bott sign

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5171/broncos20fans20505286120b46897.jpg

DIEHARD
23-09-05, 02:46 PM
i'm a diehard broncos fan - i won't ever give them up however i'm a closet canberra supporter and probably will take on as a titans fan.

this is how true to my support that i am a broncos supporter thru and thru

i've got the lightning bott sign

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5171/broncos20fans20505286120b46897.jpg

Good on ya mate, the Broncos and SEQLD rugby league need that type of passionate support.

captain charger
23-09-05, 05:04 PM
I am a club killer.Was born across the road from North Sydney oval,followed Newtown,Souths,Seagulls,Chargers,back to Souths when they were reinstated,all the bad luck is gone.I had no team to follow due to that rotten S.L. war,now I have two. :D

Steve Dangerous
23-09-05, 05:12 PM
I've lived on the gold coast for all but the first 2 months of my life, and was raised a broncos supporter by my dad heh. But recently i've grown apart from them a bit, and just support league in general and cowboys/broncos. I love it when both qld teams get up on the weekend and i'll watch em if they're on telly, but this year i've only been to one game (cowboys v bulldogs at carara) whereas i used to go to 3or4 broncos games a season in my younger days. I'm still going to have the soft spot for cowboys/broncos but i'll be throwing my full force of support behind the Gold Coast Titans, and look forward to going to many games now they'll be right here in our own backyard! Hopefully season membership will be on the cards :D that all depends on how i am moneywise at the time though, heh.

titans
23-09-05, 05:18 PM
Sharks and Titans will be my #1though Titans might take over in the following years

Im with ya on this 1 buddy,but the all mighty sharkies will always have a slight edge over the Titans due to the fact I have been following cronulla very passionately for just under a decade.

Titanium_BD1103
23-09-05, 06:17 PM
Like everyone here... I am a mixed breed

I supported North Sydney.. and still occasionally look into PL to see what is happening... till 1998

I have supported the Doggies ever since... and I am 100% proud to be a Bulldog.

So in 2007 I am proud to say I will be supporting the Titans and hoping the team does well, I have supported them for a while now... as in the Gold Coast, they were my team to support along with norths when I first started watching football, and then the Chargers were my team between Norths and Canterbury...

It is good to have both my teams in the comp that I love so much... but as I said when the Titans play the Doggies... I will be hoping the Doggies Pound them... only because I support the Blue and White 100%... but the Titans are 2nd and that is even clearer now that I see how good the team and the fans are looking... :D

smerk
23-09-05, 06:29 PM
Im a Broncos fan and will still be come 2007, but will support the Titans aswell.

ozynorts
08-12-06, 08:08 PM
It is interesting reading some of the post's here and noting that people appear to be supporting two teams. How many true fans are there out there?
I am 100 percent behind the Titans and all other teams can eat our dust. I received my Jersey today (with the sponsors on it) and have sent in my application for my gold membership. Bring it on!!!!!

Future Star
08-12-06, 08:30 PM
they are my third :naughty:

Raiders, then Souths, then Tites

Pale Ale Panther
ther is the Panthers and no one else, but i love league, i also live in Brizz so i go to alot of Broncos games, i also went to alot of Giants, Seagulls and Chargers games and i will also go to Titans games, i like some Players from other teams but do not like ANY other Teams. i enjoy watching the Warriors and Broncos but do't like them. :D :D

patskE
titans = number 1
use to go for norths, but no one since

Robbie_Dee
08-12-06, 08:48 PM
Cowboys will always be my No.1 team no matter what, but I'll be supporting the titans against all other teams every game, except when they play the Cowboys!

Go_The_Doggies
08-12-06, 08:48 PM
They are nothing to me =]

I'm 150% behind the Doggies, but have a soft spot for the Warriors. :)

~Wild Child~
08-12-06, 09:10 PM
lol...Bronc's G irl..but do support all Queensland Teams. :purdy:

Williams
08-12-06, 09:21 PM
Bulldogs all the way 'till i die_!

Then i support the Titans_Lol ;)
[[Just Joking]] Titans are my second team :p

patrick
08-12-06, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I support Sea Eagles. I have all my life. :win:

But I will like the Titans as my second team from next year. ;)

Grimmace
08-12-06, 09:35 PM
Threads merged havent really followed a team since Norths Merged so ill pick the Titans up as my first team

Steelers
08-12-06, 10:01 PM
Well the Titans are my second team, because now I finally have a SE QLD team to support as an alternative to the Broncos. I have always hated the Broncos, and the Titans are a breath of fresh air.

Williams
08-12-06, 10:04 PM
Bulldogs Mate x0x0 Good luck with the Titans next year ;)
But i the blue and white is always going to be my first team, then the blue and gold.
No wait, Thats parra. What colours are the titans refered to? LOL

Chelle79
08-12-06, 10:18 PM
lol...Bronc's G irl..but do support all Queensland Teams. :purdy:

I've been a broncos girl since 88 and always will be but I will have season memberships to both clubs this year.

The hardest games will be when they play against each other in either case I will be happy for the winning team!

MonaroMan
08-12-06, 10:24 PM
I'm sticking with the Broncos. Titans will be my second team though.

Future Star
08-12-06, 10:26 PM
I've been a broncos girl since 88 and always will be but I will have season memberships to both clubs this year.

The hardest games will be when they play against each other in either case I will be happy for the winning team!

And the Losing teams Membership shall be ripped up and you shall make noe-one ever speak of yuu supporting losers ever again??

...Its what i'd do..

Social Loafer
08-12-06, 10:35 PM
I'll only be keeping an eye on the titans, won't be too concerned if they get belted by a side like Canberra :D

Future Star
08-12-06, 11:04 PM
I'll only be keeping an eye on the titans, won't be too concerned if they get belted by a side like Canberra :D

^ LOL

If i was old enough to drink, i'd drink to that :p

SaRaH...
09-12-06, 06:53 AM
I'll always support Manly ... they were my first team & they will always be my team ... Titans are team no.2 in my opinion .. but it's gonna suck when they play eachother ... but I know it's at brookie so i can go and support both :D

Future Star
09-12-06, 08:08 AM
I'll always support Manly ... they were my first team & they will always be my team ... Titans are team no.2 in my opinion .. but it's gonna suck when they play eachother ... but I know it's at brookie so i can go and support both :D

You have to do this thing that some guy did when Australia played Croatia(i think it was them) in the world-cup.
HE wore a jersey that was half Australia half Croatia, it was awesome!

Gazza
09-12-06, 08:52 AM
Broncs 200%.Followed them since conception.
Reading some of the Bronc Bennett bashing before they once again held the trophy for the 6th time I should think maybe a little "woops"would have been a good way to go.
Grand Finalists in 2006 and back to back2007.BRONC!!!!

Storm,Cowboys,are who I follow next and hate the Dogs with a passion.

Be a Titans follower when they play games on the coast and not in Bris. and get more Qld players in the team as its almost like another NSW team.

PROMETHEUS
09-12-06, 04:50 PM
I would think the titans would pick players on ability,not where they come from.

Steve
09-12-06, 05:28 PM
I can't go changing teams, Panthers for life.
But, living in Queensland, I don't get to see the lads play all too often, and I hate the Broncos. So this will give me the opportunity to go along and support a local team. Having a lot of links to my favourite club doesn't harm them in my opinion either. :D

The young league fans on the coast will be the main bunch of die hard supporters. They'll be the ones growing up with them, and supporting them their whole life, like others have done with their own clubs. When the local juniors start pushing through, that'll help local support even more.

Gazza
10-12-06, 09:31 AM
Lots of good talent running around in Qld Cup.Burleigh Bears an example without signing half the rest of the comp and overseas players.

Go_The_Doggies
10-12-06, 10:30 AM
Muwhaha I love how if people hate us (the Doggies) .. they hate us with a passion >=] .. makes it that much sweeter when we kick your butts. :D:p

Gazza
10-12-06, 11:21 AM
Just when was that again in the last season against WHICH club????

Ryan
10-12-06, 12:57 PM
As a Queenslander I've always liked the broncos but never really backed them all season. Don't like the cowboys. I backed the tigers going through the 05\06 season but only cause I like watching Prince play, and I'm gonna follow him to the Titans. Come round 5 I'll be at suncorp with a Titans Jersey on! - Hope it's a tight, close game.

Poida
11-12-06, 04:37 PM
could never drop the cowboys.
titans are my second team but never will be highely regarded over the cowboys

TDoGGBulldog
11-12-06, 04:49 PM
I have my bulldogs and will never leave my bulldogs.

the titans are just another qld team i have to hate :)

Nathalie
11-12-06, 04:56 PM

Is that a joke :lol!: because if so, then why are you on here? :p

Pale Ale Panther
11-12-06, 07:43 PM

there's that H-word again Paddy, go get em ! :hi: :lol!:

Poida
11-12-06, 07:48 PM
there's that H-word again Paddy, go get em ! :hi: :lol!:
lol u quoted wrong person or u said wrong name.

Pale Ale Panther
11-12-06, 08:03 PM
lol u quoted wrong person or u said wrong name.

sorry Paddy, i was sure it was you who had a go at me for usein the word "hate" in apost ? :whatd: :whatd: :whatd:

Poida
11-12-06, 08:06 PM
sorry Paddy, i was sure it was you who had a go at me for usein the word "hate" in apost ? :whatd: :whatd: :whatd:
lol i didnt say hate in mine

BigRed10
16-12-06, 12:26 AM
Intriguing, and you call yourself fans?
How can you support two teams in the same competition, that's just obscene!
Yes, I support the Raiders, and I have a soft spot for the Titans, but I'd never wish for a draw, where's the competion in that?

tallis12
16-12-06, 11:14 PM
Broncos all the way(forever and ever and ever). :win:

Poida
17-12-06, 10:40 AM
Yes, I support the Raiders, and I have a soft spot for the Titans, but I'd never wish for a draw, where's the competion in that?
people have second teams as well .if their first team fails to make the 8 or has been eliminated from finals then they go for their other team

BrisbaneBroncosRule
17-12-06, 11:19 AM
Im Broncos for life.

I will be hoping the Titans finish second behind the Broncs in 07

Ryan
17-12-06, 12:14 PM
Im Broncos for life.

I will be hoping the Titans finish second behind the Broncs in 07
Sorry mate, I think the broncos are gonna have to settlle for second to the Titans :p
P.S. Your sig seems a little conflicting...

Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
17-12-06, 04:39 PM
Im sticking with the Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Eels and adding the Titans... Yes I support 4 teams... it's cool to support 4 teams, but i'll be very dissapointed if all 4 lose in one round...

needless to say, i'm sticking with my teams because me n them son we tight aight!

PROMETHEUS
17-12-06, 07:20 PM
What can I say...
TITANS!!

jenny
17-12-06, 07:36 PM
Souths And Titans ;)

DIEHARD
17-12-06, 07:46 PM
Souths And Titans ;)

Good choices.

jenny
17-12-06, 07:47 PM
Good choices.
;) Thankyou

NRLChick
17-12-06, 08:51 PM
I support the Cowboys 100%, and always will.

ozynorts
19-12-06, 09:22 PM
I moved to Sydney in 89 (from WA) and was promptly informed by the guys I worked with that the sharks were the only team to support. I lived through that nightmare for 17 years. I was so glad when the Titans were admitted to the comp. I am 100 percent Titan now and proud of it. I have a polo shirt, cap and jersey (with sponsors) and have sent the faxz for a gold membership. Can't wait for round 2 next year!!!!

SuperCliffy#01
20-12-06, 11:54 AM
Manly and Titans in that order.cya. :D

Poida
20-12-06, 12:25 PM
I kinda see the point in only going for 1 team. you know only one team can win .

titansroostersfan
20-12-06, 07:56 PM
I had always the roosters and had the crushers when they started out. The they folded and i lost the love of league for about 2 years. But went back to the roosters and never have looked back.

The titans are finding a place in my heart again for a QLD team.

Future Star
20-12-06, 09:34 PM
I support one team, and like or dislike some others.

I support the Raiders, and i like the Titans, Tigers, Warriors and Rabbitohs - and like it when they win.
I dislike the Bull-dogs, the Sea-Eagles and the Storm.
The rest are neutrul

titansroostersfan
23-12-06, 04:54 PM
Do you still watch it because it's souths only victory over the Roosters in 10 years and you won't be seeing another one in a while?

lol good one hate when roosters beat souths they get some damn ****y

DIEHARD
23-12-06, 05:21 PM
Gold Coast are my club.

I follow other clubs for the sake of the game.

Brisbane - Because we need them to be successful to combat other codes in Brisbane and SEQLD.

Rabbitohs - Because they have unlimited potential, a successful Bunnies would take the game to exordinary new levels and other Sydney clubs would benefit as well. They can bring Sydney back to what it needs and should be, rugby league wise.

Melbourne - For the sake of the game, I support them 100%, they carry the banner nationally and we must support them or forget about expansion all together. Though I believe the club must do a lot more at grassroots levels.

Cowboys - Queensland team, good for rugby league in the state for them to be a success. It also helps us at Origin.

You could also add....

Canberra - I want to see them return to former glory and see them beating the Brumbies...they carry the banner in the capital so they have my support.

But I only have ONE club, the Gold Coast! But I support rugby league more.

TDoGGBulldog
23-12-06, 05:38 PM

I agree! I can't ever support another team.. I can't EVER let myself buy another teams merchandise.

I love my dogs.. hate the rest <3

Im on this forum to discuss rugby league.... anything wrong with that?

:bored:

Go_The_Doggies
23-12-06, 09:52 PM
My brothers friends..brother..he got a deal or wahtever..and so he has a bulldogs and broncos jersey..and he supports the warriors :|

I was like "i could never buy another team's jersey..maybe the warriors since i have a soft spot for them.....but i'd feel like a traitor"

and tbh i'd only buy a warriors jersey to get it signed by the team..but i intend on getting my kiwis jersey signed by ruben, louie anderson, and the other regular kiwis..:)

But I agree with the "i'd never wish for a draw" comment..my mum always asks me if it was a bulldogs/warriors GF..who i'd want to win..i never hesitate in saying the Bulldogs..I only have a soft spot for the warriors because they are nz based..and pricey plays for them..and ruben does..and alot of Kiwis play for them..i like it when they win..but never want them to win again us..and us is as in the Bulldogs.

hugebrianfan
04-01-07, 10:09 AM
im sorry to say but i think i'll have two teams this year to tell you the truth!! The knights and the titans! I love Newcastle! I love titans coz they are a mix of great players!! So yeah, tities and Knights this year!! sorry guys!!

SuperCliffy#01
04-01-07, 11:22 AM
Well for me i can support two teams, but Manly will alway be my first team even against the Titans, but i have no trouble wearing other footy jumpers as i collect them in general, it is like me with the Premier League in Englend, i support Aston Villa with a passion, but also my second and third teams are Sheffield Wednesday and Skunthorpe United respectively.cya. :box:

Williams
04-01-07, 03:39 PM
I will always support the Dogs. Nothing will ever change that!
But i now will have a soft spot for the Titans in the years to come ;)

TITAN FOREVER
04-01-07, 05:30 PM
Titans all the way for me. Soft spot Tigers, Sharks. ;)

kave1
26-01-07, 03:49 PM
I am a panther supporter through & through, but i will cheer for you guys against any other team in the NRL(you guys have a few panther greats on your books) :thumbsup:

Steel Dragon
27-01-07, 03:05 AM
Each one to his or her own, but I myself intend to cheat and follow two teams: St.George-Illawarra and the Gold Coast. (I do the same thing in AFL with Sydney and West Coast - boy have the last 2 years been kind to me!) I'm originally a Steelers supporter, and have been disgruntled for the last 8 years by the Dragons seeming inability to acknowledge in any meaningful way one side of the so-called merger. But for some reason I still support them passionately, and will continue to do so. As for the Coast, the Giants/Seagulls/(Gladiators)/Chargers were always my second team behind the Steelers, so it is natural that I pick up where I left off. The only difference being the Titans have climed to equal favourtism by virtue of not having been swallowed up by another team, unlike my beloved Steelers.

In short, Round 1 is an absolute dream come true, and being played in Brisbane (where I live) is an added bonus. I just need a half-and-half jersey to ensure I get beaten up by both groups of fans!

Jason

Future Star
27-01-07, 11:05 AM
I follow the Raiders with a passion, but Whenever the Cowboys or Souths play anyone else but the Raiders, I barrack for them.

Sydney Titan
27-01-07, 12:09 PM
Gday All,
I have been getting onto Titans website for 12 months now and can't believe I have just found the forum..

Anyway I was a one eyed Tigers fan up till the merger with the Magpies in 2000. I have followed Rugby League for the last 6 years without a team.

I always said I couldn't follow another team in the comp when the merger happended.

Now that a new team (even though Giants,Chargers,Seagulls have been there) has entered the comp and that being my second home out of Sydney it is great to have a team to follow once again.

I will do my best to get to all home games and follow the Mighty Mighty Titans

miasg
28-01-07, 01:58 PM
I support
1) sharks
2) titans when they don't play the sharks
3) any one vs the Broncos
4) anyone vs the Roosters

bondititan
28-01-07, 02:53 PM
been a gold supporter since i was 6 i have a wally lewis signed jersey (seaguls) and a preston cample chargers jersey
i'm gold coast till i die

Steel Dragon
01-02-07, 12:01 PM
To clarify my previous post, I support:
1) The St.George-ILLAWARRA Dragons
1) The Gold Coast Titans
2) Whoever wins when these two play each other
3) Whoever is playing Brisbane
4) Whoever is playing Manly
5) Whoever is playing Melbourne
6) The ref when any of these 3 play each other

Jason