PDA

View Full Version : The Titans Christmas Thread 2005

DIEHARD
05-12-05, 10:26 AM
DeeGan's thread about the XMAS PERIOD gave me the idea to start a Christmas Thread where we can capture the holiday spirit and excitement over the coming four weeks.

What are your plans for the holidays?
Going to share Christmas with family?
Going on a trip?
What about your war stories on the hazards of Christmas shopping?! Need some advice on what to get someone?
What are your plans for New Years?

Come to The Titans Christmas Thread and share your holiday joy!

DIEHARD
05-12-05, 10:33 AM
For me Christmas is usually always the same. Which isn't really a bad thing.

Being single, I usually just spend it with my parents. Have Christmas lunch and dinner. Open presents in the morning. Watch Christmas specials on TV, something I really enjoy. I love watching all those ancient Christmas cartoons they dust off every year. I wouldn't really have it any other way.

As for Christmas shopping, I haven't even entered that war zone yet! The battles for car parks and crowds are too much for me sometimes. And those silly people that walk eradically and unpredictably all over the place, who only come out from their burrows three or four times a year, Christmas, sales, EKKA and half yearly sales. :laugh:

But it is still early in the month for me, I'll think of something for everyone!

As usual our Christmas tree isn't up yet, some years it has actually gone up on Christmas Day! :dizzy:

I'll be back to report on my Christmas preparations over the coming weeks. I like to buy people interesting, appropriate and sometimes ridiculous presents for people.

Maybe I'll shop online for presents! :thumbsup:

Super Cronk
05-12-05, 10:39 AM
I use christmas to get together with family...have a big feed(BBQ) jump in the pool and just stuff around. prolly play rugby league 2 for 3 weeks straight..lol

Moejoe
05-12-05, 10:54 AM
X-mas for me this year is a nice relaxing one. With my little sister having christmas day with her fiance's family, My mother and grandparents will be having an all you can eat seafood lunch at the Ashmore steak and seafood,

No dishes to clean up and all the prawns and lobster I can eat will make for a very good day :)

Teegy
05-12-05, 11:57 AM
Mine is the same as every year. the family all get together at my grandmothers place on the coast and have a big Chrissy lunch

DeeGan
05-12-05, 12:14 PM
Like most, Xmas is always the same and I do prefer it that way as well.

The morning is spent at mum and dad's opening presents, having breakfast listening to music and phoning relatives that are not making the trip to the Gold Coast.

For about an hour or so I head to my better half's parents place before heading home to shower and get changed.

We then head to nan's - first beer is cracked open whilst the girls (no sterotyping here - it just happens) head inside in the air conditioning drinking a glass or two or three of wine helping nan finish off the traditional Xmas lunch.

Myself, three brothers, dad, cousins and uncles head out to the double garage sitting around talking, drinking and snacking with new CDs playing.

The evening is back to mum and dad's for a light dinner with some more drinking to be add.

Then comes boxing day and the cricket - it starts all over again :)

My shopping is done - plan ahead people and avoid the "warzone" ;)

DeeGan

Steve Dangerous
05-12-05, 12:46 PM
I spend it with my family.

My sis is coming up from canberra, and my grandma is coming down from the sunshine coast to join us.

We're having a ham and a turkey this year... yum.

And i've got half my pressies for people, and have ideas for the others... so it shouldn't be too bad.

DIEHARD
05-12-05, 12:49 PM
And i've got half my pressies for people, and have ideas for the others... so it shouldn't be too bad.

What are you getting me Steve?

SuperCliffy#01
05-12-05, 01:03 PM
Me, i am spending it with my friend and her family in Sydney, becauase she is South American they celebrate Christmas Eve. cya.

DIEHARD
05-12-05, 01:20 PM
I'll probably go to midnight mass as well.

SaRaH...
05-12-05, 03:53 PM
Christmas is the same for me every year.

On Christmas Eve we have dinner at my grandma's place and open presents. Then on Christmas Day I have Lunch at home with my mum and grandparents then I go to with my dad for the rest of the day and go down to my Nonna's for dinner where it is a 'eat as much as possible and even if you are full you have to keep eating' dinner.
Then on Boxing Day, we have a big breakfast at my place where all of out friends, family and neighbours.....and anyone else who decides to come...we have a BBQ with everything and just eat and run around or whatever until about 11.

And I do the same thing year after year after year. Sometimes on Boxing Day I will go with my dad down to Contaf for the day with the rest of my family.

Titanium_BD1103
05-12-05, 04:08 PM
Well for me Christmas isn't just a day, or a week, but a whole month.. I loooveee Christmas.. :D :D

It starts with us putting up the tree which is until this year the 1st weekend of December but seeing as everyone was busy it became last weekend of November.

Going to Christmas parties up to Christmas and the traditional with my mates or family visiting of Christmas Lights Houses... yep and we started it last night.. they are beautiful.. so pretty with all those lights.. there was even one with a train track on the front lawn with santa going around on a train..

Oh and of Course community Carols.. I try to go to as many as possible, you can never get enough of Carols, and I also try to go to Carols in the Domain, but for the 3rd year running this year I can't go... but for good reason, my uni mates 21st is on the same night..

Then it is Christmas Eve Midnight Mass, Christmas Day is spent with the Relos and one massive family gathering, Boxing Day is normally watch the Boxing Day Test with Dad and go see a movie with mates. Then its plans for New Years...

New Years Eve normally starts with my mates and I going to the Blues Point Reserve to watch the 9:00pm fireworks, then a rush over to another mates place in time to see the 12:00pm fireworks with all my other mates who have been having their new years eve party.. and that goes on till the wee hours of the morning.

Then New Years day night is another family gathering and loads of food again..

So yeah Tis the Season to be Jolly and Busy.. that is what I do.. but as I said, I looove it.. :)

In-Cyde #1
05-12-05, 06:15 PM
Xmas 2004 was a 'shocker' for us, because the kids have now left home, it was just me & the misses on Xmas morning. BORING.

This year (2005), however, the kids are sleeping over with their partners in hand, so Xmas morning will be great. Then we are all of to my sister-in-laws (Marsden) meet up with the grand folks, cousies etc for a slap up lunch (too much food I'm sure), the kids will head off from there in their own direction while the better half & me head across to Jimboomba for dinner with our best friends and stay overnight at their house ready for a big fat cooked brekkie the next morning (Boxing Day). Wow, I nearly wrote a short novel.

If I forget MERRY XMAS TO ALL and be safe.

Ipswich Fan
06-12-05, 06:29 AM
I'll spend all christmas day with my family enjoying spending the day with my two nephews.

Titans#1
06-12-05, 07:30 AM
Amazingly, mines different every year.... It depends on who's coming up from Canberra, or if we are going down, and because there are so many in our family, we never intrude on the same house 2 years in a row! lol

Serious, our Christmas lunch has 40-60 odd people there.

This year it's here on the coast, so it will start with Hubby and Myself waking up to the 5 year old opeing her presents and the 10 month old playing with her new paper instead of her toys....

For brunch, will head to the inlaw's, have a quick bite to eat and present opening for the kids. Then at lunch it's the all out shin dig at my cousins this year. We will eat and drink, then have an afternoon sleep, and then it's all on again for dinner..

I won't be seeing my family this year, I think all the calls will be in the evening when they converge on my Oma's house and have had a few drinks....