PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast #1 ticket holder

footyfan09
22-09-05, 10:04 PM
who do you think is the fav or you want to be??

DeeGan
22-09-05, 10:27 PM
who do you think is the fav or you want to be??

I am hoping Michael Searle is given the number 1 ticket holder status no matter how many celeb's are being considered.

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 10:30 PM
Michael Searle deserves it, but he is already CEO.

But no one deserves it more than Michael!

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 11:11 PM
shotgun!!!!!

DeeGan
22-09-05, 11:15 PM
Michael Searle deserves it, but he is already CEO.

But no one deserves it more than Michael!

Exactly DIEHARD ;)

We all know where Michael stands with the club though he should be the number one ticket holder now and for the next 50+ years given his efforts in orchestrating the successful bid.

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 11:32 PM
Although it may be arkward for the administration to anoint him #1.

But maybe the fans will force the issue.

DeeGan
22-09-05, 11:42 PM
Awkard is your first day of high school walking into roll call or home group... ;) It is highly unlikely Michael will get the bestowed honor, though he is people's choice I feel.

Grant Hackett a converted Titan from Brisbane? :p

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 11:52 PM
Well let's list some famous Gold Coasters.

Steve Dangerous
23-09-05, 12:01 AM
I'm a gold coaster *hint hint* ;)

I don't really know who we have celebrity-wise that would make a good #1 ticket holder.

i know michael no doubt deserves it for all the amazing work he's put in but these things don't normally go to those involved on the board and such, right?

DIEHARD
23-09-05, 12:02 AM
We also need to consider that the team will also view the #1 ticket holder position as a valuable marketing and promotional tool.

Steve Dangerous
23-09-05, 12:37 AM
As a guide, who are the #1 ticket holders of other clubs?

DIEHARD
23-09-05, 12:55 AM
As a guide, who are the #1 ticket holders of other clubs?

Brisbane Broncos - Lachlan Murdoch
Cronulla Sharks - Peter Costello
St George-Illawarra Dragons - John Howard
Melbourne Storm - Molly Meldrum (?)
Wests Tigers - Dawn Fraser (?)

ozynorts
06-12-06, 08:50 PM
I am thinking Jen Hawkins would be a good choice.
Any other suggestions.

Queenslander
06-12-06, 08:52 PM
Thread Merged (Thanks Grimmace)

Also a thread about a possible no. 1 female fan is here:

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=2114

Grimmace
06-12-06, 08:55 PM
Threads Merged.

Jennifer Hawkins wont be the ticket holder as she supports the knights.

Steelers
06-12-06, 09:07 PM
Maybe Ron Clarke should be selected as the Titans number 1 ticket holder, especially after the mass support he gave the Titans when AFL wanted to play at Carrara... ;) :p

Social Loafer
06-12-06, 09:59 PM
I wonder if Management ever got my email about having Gretel Kileen as #1 ticket holder :D

Titan_Matchu
07-12-06, 02:37 PM
Grant Hackett a converted Titan from Brisbane? :p

How could you go past Grant Hackett he's a gold coaster and he trains at Miami right next to the burleigh bears which is one of our feeder clubs and might I add he's a olympic gold medalist.

TitanBSHS
07-12-06, 06:40 PM
steve turner

Future Star
07-12-06, 06:45 PM
steve turner

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!! UR THE CHAMP!!! POST OF THE THREAD!! :win: :win: :win:

ozynorts
07-12-06, 08:56 PM
Threads Merged.

Jennifer Hawkins wont be the ticket holder as she supports the knights.
yeah forgot about jen being a knights girl. Grant Hackett sounds good. Right profile and good image in the media.

kioli
07-12-06, 09:02 PM
I posted this in the other thread:

I agree Grant Hackett would be a good choice. Internationally renowned, multiple world record breaker, very good public image, etc.

Whoever it is I'm sure will be fine, the GCT management have shown they know what's what over the last few years.

JoeMomma
23-12-06, 09:01 PM
Brisbane Broncos - Lachlan Murdoch
Cronulla Sharks - Peter Costello
St George-Illawarra Dragons - John Howard
Melbourne Storm - Molly Meldrum (?)
Wests Tigers - Dawn Fraser (?)

With the exception of Murdoch, wrong on all counts.

dee13
23-12-06, 09:27 PM
The work that Michael has done for the Ill fated Dolphins and Titans is nothing short of outstanding, but would they give it to a member of staff? For his efforts, we hope so. But being on the Gold Coast you would think the obvious choice would have to be some celebrity. How about Sea FM Radio announcer and former Captain Charger, Paul Gale. Whilst he is not known Australia wide, He does an amazing amount of good in our community. He has helped alot of people and families in crisis and has raised funds for local charity organisations. He is a family man with a great passion for sport. He is a great ambassador for the Gold Coast. Whatever happens, Please don't give it to the Mayor he has already bitten of more than he can chew due to the fact he is a celebrity.

Capital_Shark
23-12-06, 09:30 PM

Care to fill us in with the correct info or just having a dig without knowing any better your self?

dee13
28-12-06, 05:34 PM
Anyone else wanna throw in any names? What about Joe Bugner or Crazy Ron :rotflmao: ... AHHHHH.... NO.... Not Joe Bugner or Crazy Ron.

Mick Doohan or one of the original Giants players. Even better, the innaugural captain of the 1988 Gold Coast Tweed Giants

titansroostersfan
29-12-06, 10:29 AM
I think it should be someone that can really show there support for the team.

Be there each week and really support the club, players and fans.
I
'm sure they will find someone to fill that no.1 ticket.

DIEHARD
29-12-06, 12:31 PM

Care to fill us in with the correct info or just having a dig without knowing any better your self?

Just having a dig it seems.

If Im wrong, Im pretty close to the mark and at least named what the people perceive as the #1 fans as not all the clubs promote the fact.

The St Geoge Leagues Club website seems to agree with me that John Howard is the Dragons #1 ticket holder.

Buoyed by a record breaking crowd of 17523 which included their number one ticket holder, Prime Minister John Howard and mad Dragons fan Morris Iemma (NSW Premier), the Dragons were forced to hold off a second half surge from Parramatta, after the home side lead 19-6 at the break.

http://www.stgeorge.org.au/news/static/article_124.asp

And for the last decade Molly Meldrum has been called and recognised as the Storms #1 fan/ticket holder.

You may disagree with me but The Age newspaper does not.

As someone who loves rugby league (I'm one of the local handful), I find the efforts to grow the game in Melbourne an odd mix of the compelling and the comical - a feeling crystallised by the news that the No. 1 ticket-holder for the Storm in 2005 is Molly Meldrum.

Molly has even had the team logo tattooed on his arm, which, should the team ever fold - and surely this is still on the cards - would leave him in the same situation Johnny Depp was in with his "Winona Forever" tat.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Little-warming-to-Storm/2005/05/10/1115584966130.html

And there is no more famous Tigers fan than Dawn Fraser.

Cronullas may be Cathy Freeman with Costello at #2.

As capital shark said, if I'm wrong how about joining the discussion and enlightening us instead of being just sitting in the peanut gallery.

Capital_Shark
30-12-06, 01:32 PM
Cronullas may be Cathy Freeman with Costello at #2.

For some reason Elle McPherson springs to mind..

bigjim
07-01-07, 03:26 PM
Maybe one of the Palladium Members who parted with $25,000 for privilege. Surely one of these would be a celebrity and would be happy to promote the team.

They certainly have shown their love of the game and the team with the $25,000 gesture. :D

bigjim
07-01-07, 03:30 PM
My only hope is that at the very least it's a local celebrity with some national exposure and that they actually put their hand in their pockets and actually purchase membership.
None of this honorary bu##*hit.