PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Dokic...Kidnapped?????????

jenny
23-11-06, 09:48 AM
Jelena kidnapped, claims Damir

By Peter Kogoy

November 23, 2006 12:00
Article from: The Australian

TENNIS star Jelena Dokic has gone missing, sparking reports in Serbia that she has been kidnapped.

Dokic's father, Damir, claimed yesterday she had been snatched in Croatia by a former boyfriend.

Dokic had been training in Germany with former Croatian tennis star Nikola Pilic before making the trip to Zagreb, Croatia.

The Serbian newspaper Kurir reported that the 23-year-old had phoned her mother on Monday claiming that she would not be returning to Germany to train with Pilic.

But a day earlier she had told her mother that she was only in Zagreb to pick up winter clothes.

Speaking through an interpreter from his new home in Vdrnik, Serbia, last night, a concerned Damir Dokic claimed that his daughter's former coach Borna Biknic, and his brother Tino, a former boyfriend, were behind her disappearance.

"The taking of my daughter against her wishes could also be payback for my role in the war," Dokic, an ethnic Serb, told The Australian.

"Both my wife and I are frantic. Despite repeated attempts to contact her at her last known address in (the Croatian capital) Zagreb, she hasn't returned our calls. I believe she has either been kidnapped or is being held against her will by the Biknic brothers."

Mr Dokic said he had filed a missing persons report with Serbian police in Belgrade, who had sought the assistance of police in Croatia.

A spokeswoman for Zagreb police last night declined to comment.

Mr Dokic, a highly controversial figure in the past, with his unruly behaviour at events, says he has reconciled his differences with his daughter.

"She has been in regular contact with her mother, and I speak to her once a month," Mr Dokic said.

"People back in Australia may think what they like, but I am a changed man," he added, referring to the tag of the "mad dad" of tennis.

"The fact she has not rung her mother as she promised is so totally out of character for Jelena."

Dokic, who has earned prizemoney of $3.7 million in a troubled career, has seen her fortunes plunge since reaching No 4 in the WTA rankings on August 19, 2002.

She is ranked 617 and turned to Pilic's academy to rescue her career.

She was last in Australia about a year ago.

After winning a wildcard play-off in December and reuniting briefly with her former coach Lesley Bowrey, she lost tearfully in the first round in Auckland.

Dokic withdrew injured from the Canberra International, for which she had been given a wildcard, and was then eliminated in the first round of the Australian Open by France's Virginia Razzano.

Since failing to qualify for Wimbledon in June, Dokic's tournament play has been limited to one satellite event, at Darmstadt, Germany, in late July. She was knocked out in the quarter finals.

patrick
23-11-06, 09:49 AM
Here we go again...
Shut up Damir...Jelena doesn't like you! :p :whatd:

jenny
23-11-06, 09:51 AM
Here we go again...
Shut up Damir...Jelena doesn't like you! :p :whatd:
:satan:
He's a worry that guy! :(

bondititan
23-11-06, 09:52 AM
i think he might be a terrorist :lol!:

jenny
23-11-06, 09:54 AM
i think he might be a terrorist :lol!:
:lol!: So Does Jalena

Sonny-Skill
23-11-06, 09:56 AM
I'm sure she's fine... just Damir throwing another dummy-spit.

jenny
23-11-06, 09:58 AM
I'm sure she's fine... just Damir throwing another dummy-spit.
That poor Girl! He is such an embarrassment to her!
She could do nothing about it when she was a kid!
But the tables have turned! i wish her all the best! ;)

Sonny-Skill
23-11-06, 10:03 AM
I hope she comes back to Australia in the open and plays for AUSTRALIA :D

Jelana, Jelana, Jelana.... (*awaits reply*)

jenny
23-11-06, 10:04 AM
I hope she comes back to Australia in the open and plays for AUSTRALIA :D

Jelana, Jelana, Jelana.... (*awaits reply*)
Me Too SS! :)

Sonny-Skill
23-11-06, 10:05 AM
Me Too SS! :)
That was pretty quick, thanks Jenny... although I was awaiting an "Oi, Oi, Oi" response ;)

jenny
23-11-06, 10:07 AM
That was pretty quick, thanks Jenny... although I was awaiting an "Oi, Oi, Oi" response ;)
Oi Oi Oi :win: :win: ;) LOL!

Nathalie
23-11-06, 10:31 AM
Maybe HE'S the one who 'kidnapped' her :p

jenny
23-11-06, 11:25 AM
Maybe HE'S the one who 'kidnapped' her :p
:dizzy: he was Filthy on her! :( Poor Kid!
He losing his Clout! Probably lost his clout! :ok:

Nathalie
23-11-06, 12:28 PM
:dizzy: he was Filthy on her! :( Poor Kid!
He losing his Clout! Probably lost his clout! :ok:

Maybe it was kidnapped!!

:D

SuperCliffy#01
23-11-06, 12:37 PM
Damn when you thoght it was safe to walk the street the Damir Monster re-appears.cya. :')

bondititan
23-11-06, 12:39 PM
damir why do we let him in australia isn't that what imgration should be used for keeping out the trouble ???

Nathalie
23-11-06, 12:46 PM
Funny thing is, how old is she? Maybe 22, 23? She can take off wherever and whenever she wants, with whoever she wants.

The guy's an idiot.

bondititan
23-11-06, 12:48 PM
:beer: :beer: :beer:
hay maybe she could devorce her dad ??? they did it on the simpsons :rotflmao:

jenny
23-11-06, 12:51 PM
:beer: :beer: :beer:
hay maybe she could devorce her dad ??? they did it on the simpsons :rotflmao:
:lol!:

jenny
25-11-06, 08:06 AM
FORMER world number four on the WTA tour Jelena Dokic believes she can work her way back into the top 30 after flatly denying recent suggestions from her father that she had been kidnapped.

In an extensive interview with Belgrade daily Sportski Zurnal, Dokic said: "Of course I haven't been kidnapped, that's complete nonsense. I have been listening to such rubbish from my father for the last three years."

She added: "I need to say this to protect my boyfriend, Tin Bikic, because he has never interfered either with my private life or my tennis. In no way has he affected my career."

Dokic, 23, is currently ranked 583rd and looking for sponsors to finance her comeback after earning a total of $US3,765,180 ($4.88 million) in career prize money.

The Croatian-born Dokic moved with her family to Serbia in 1991 during the conflicts in the former Yugoslavia and then to Australia in 1994 before returning to Serbia in 2001.

After falling out with her father Damir, who was also her coach, she moved to Zagreb and hired her boyfriend's brother Borna Bikic to coach her in 2003.

The 23-year old parted company with Bikic after a failed attempt to reinvigorate her career, plagued by injuries and the long-term conflict with her father.

She has since joined the Munich-based tennis academy of Croatia's Nikola Pilic and sees it as her last chance to make a comeback.

patrick
25-11-06, 11:33 PM
Damir's just another bloody attention-seeker IMO.

What really is scary is that apparently he wants to go on Dancing With The Stars!!!!! :eek: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

travop
14-07-07, 10:39 AM
mmmmm i dont remeber hearing this story but a search bot was looking through IT, and what do search bots do on this forum

Ryan
14-07-07, 10:45 AM
mmmmm i dont remeber hearing this story but a search bot was looking through IT, and what do search bots do on this forum
Add information to data bases for google, yahoo, ect search engines.....

travop
14-07-07, 11:05 AM
ohhh ok true