PDA

View Full Version : Titans get together!

Dakink
23-09-05, 01:41 PM
Just thought Id get the ball rolling and see if we cant organise an inital BBQ or something in the next month or two to meet some of the faces behind the names...

Maybe start to get the ball rolling on forming an official supporters club??? Whats peoples thoughts?

Titans#1
23-09-05, 01:45 PM
Good Idea. BBQ in a public park somewhere. I know there is a nice one here in Parkwood in Parkwood Boulevard.

Let's have a sausage sizzle!

DIEHARD
23-09-05, 02:22 PM
Great idea. We need to start building our community now.

Early November is good for me, after the Tri Nations.

Titanomakhia
23-09-05, 02:23 PM
I think we should lobby Titans management to put on a weekend supporters barby - roll out the coach, Satts etc. How many of you folks around and interested??

Titans#1
23-09-05, 02:25 PM
Definatly me.

What about having it at the Robina Stadium site? Or Carrara?

Dakink
23-09-05, 02:25 PM
Sounds like a plan..

Anyone interested PM me and Ill work towards organising something for early November, which was about when I was thinking.. Anyone have any probs or suggestions PM me. Perhaps we could talk one of the Titans crew (Coach or anyone really!) to come down and have a beer with us!

Titans#1
23-09-05, 02:27 PM
Geez I love a good Sunday BBQ with a glass of wine.

Moejoe
23-09-05, 02:31 PM
Im in for that, Great thinking.

Dakink
23-09-05, 03:28 PM
Is it possible for admin to make this sticky?

Ill happily organise things if people want to either PM me or email me with ideas and if early nov. is good I'll make a list and get the ball rolling.

Cliffy GC
23-09-05, 04:43 PM
great ideas guys

maybe we could get together at trials to

i assume we will have trials again

DeeGan
24-09-05, 02:38 AM
Great idea Dakink!

Please express interest here and I will look at organising something more official for you all ;) Make it later in the year or what do you all think about something closer to the trials in 2006?

I will forward more details as I get them.

Cheers

DeeGan

DIEHARD
24-09-05, 02:47 AM
Great idea Dakink!

Please express interest here and I will look at organising something more official for you all ;) Make it later in the year or what do you all think about something closer to the trials in 2006?

I will forward more details as I get them.

Cheers

DeeGan

Having the meeting closer to the 2006 trials would allow us to gain more members to the gang and get to know each other a bit more.

I'm cool for a meeting closer to the trials, but ultimately anything after the Tri Nations is sweet with me.

Titans#1
24-09-05, 09:35 AM
It would still be nice just to have a simple public BBQ somewhere before hand to catch up and discuss the future of all the supporters team.

Dakink
24-09-05, 10:39 AM
It would still be nice just to have a simple public BBQ somewhere before hand to catch up and discuss the future of all the supporters team.

That was what I was thinking.

An informal get together first - get to know the faces.

Then closer to the trials etc we can start to maybe get the official club up and running once the general public is starting to get into footy mode again - though I find it hard to get "out" of footy mode!

Steve Dangerous
24-09-05, 11:40 AM
I'd be all for this.

Great idea!

It's good to build up the supporters community nice and early.

DeeGan
24-09-05, 12:07 PM
That was what I was thinking.

An informal get together first - get to know the faces.

Then closer to the trials etc we can start to maybe get the official club up and running once the general public is starting to get into footy mode again - though I find it hard to get "out" of footy mode!

An informal 'meeting' of sorts is a great idea.

Dakink, you have got the ball rolling here, run with it ;)

One thing I do have to do is ensure no personal details are posted on the forum. Those interested in the informal meeting can contact Dakink via PM or e-mail.

Cheers

DeeGan

footyfan09
24-09-05, 12:07 PM
yeah same...

Dakink
24-09-05, 12:14 PM
An informal 'meeting' of sorts is a great idea.

Dakink, you have got the ball rolling here, run with it ;)

One thing I do have to do is ensure no personal details are posted on the forum. Those interested in the informal meeting can contact Dakink via PM or e-mail.

Cheers

DeeGan

Will do any ideas PM me.

Looking early\mid Nov for an informal beer :D Though dates are open to suggestions.

Any decent locations in mind? Perhaps somewhere family friendly for those of us with kids!

Ill get some ideas together and post here soon!

Cliffy GC
24-09-05, 04:05 PM
great idea count me in

Grayman
24-09-05, 06:51 PM
great ideas guys

maybe we could get together at trials to

i assume we will have trials again

WELL FANCY SEEING YOU HERE, SIR CLIFFORD GC! :confused:

Moejoe
24-09-05, 09:14 PM
As for location, Somewhere central would be great. And probably a nice oval or grassy area to get the ole' Touch football/Backyard Cricket match happening.

Steve Dangerous
24-09-05, 09:39 PM
Touch footy would be great!

We should find a good park, like the one near the Oasis shopping centre or something similar.

Teegy
24-09-05, 09:40 PM
Great idea and would love to be apart of it

Moejoe
24-09-05, 10:00 PM
I was thinking mayby around the Robina area, It seems central to everyone on the Coast. For the People with out transport there is the train and great Public transport to the area. And it fits in wll with being the Titans new home come 2008.

They are just thoughts though

Storm
24-09-05, 10:37 PM
I agree with Moejoe, Robina is our home so somewhere around there would be good.
Theres plenty of parkland around there for cricket or touch footy, plenty of room for a bbq and a quiet can of Bundy or two :)
If we can organise our own function that would be great and then hopefully the guys at the Titans can help us out with a more formal function with maybe a player or some club identity down the track.
But if we do our own we are showing our support and thats what its all about.
Dont forget we are foundation members/supporters, its up to us to start the ball rolling to help with our future.
So whatever we decide count me in, here to help if I can.

DeeGan
24-09-05, 10:53 PM
I agree with Moejoe, Robina is our home so somewhere around there would be good.
Theres plenty of parkland around there for cricket or touch footy, plenty of room for a bbq and a quiet can of Bundy or two :)
If we can organise our own function that would be great and then hopefully the guys at the Titans can help us out with a more formal function with maybe a player or some club identity down the track.
But if we do our own we are showing our support and thats what its all about.
Dont forget we are foundation members/supporters, its up to us to start the ball rolling to help with our future.
So whatever we decide count me in, here to help if I can.

As stated somewhere in the thread (lol), I will look at something more formal for the forum and Titans fans...I am leaning towards closer to the trials for 2006.

Dakink will organise this informal meeting of forum members.

Looking great everyone!

I am sure that rival supporters are green with envy to see the tight nit bunch of forummers we are getting together in no time at all!

This jouney is that more enjoyable :D

Cheers

DeeGan

Dakink
25-09-05, 09:58 AM
This is looking awesome - I cant wait for the first meet. We are surely building a great club!

Titan In Newcastle
25-09-05, 03:08 PM
a bbq would be great but coz im one of the unlucky ones that live south of the border i will have to miss out untill a game in newcastle or close by then have another socail event, if any one comes to newcastle let me know and we will go for a drink, longie85@hotmail.com

DeeGan
25-09-05, 03:59 PM
a bbq would be great but coz im one of the unlucky ones that live south of the border i will have to miss out untill a game in newcastle or close by then have another socail event, if any one comes to newcastle let me know and we will go for a drink, longie85@hotmail.com

I am in between NSW and QLD, I will keep NSW fans in mind Titan in Newcastle.

Cheers

DeeGan

Dakink
25-09-05, 05:54 PM
Im in Ballina so its not quiet QLD either.

Perhaps when the Titans come to Newie we can come down for a visit!

TDoGGBulldog
25-09-05, 05:59 PM
if its on my holidays time... and im down in the GC i can get to one....

i might be getting down to carrarra stadium for the 2006 pre season doggies game.....

PARANoIR
25-09-05, 06:39 PM
Yeah Im planning to head down there again in a month or so, so perhaps I can work my visit around this.

Dakink
25-09-05, 06:45 PM
OK Ill work a firmish date so people can plan!

PARANoIR
25-09-05, 06:53 PM
If you could work it in with a certain cricket test match in November that'd be handy ;)

TDoGGBulldog
25-09-05, 07:27 PM
andy just wants to go incase tahl tahl goes so he can meet her:p

PARANoIR
25-09-05, 07:51 PM
Also I'd like this to coincide with "Tahl Tahl's" overseas trip! :D

[BroncosGirl]
25-09-05, 08:43 PM
Sounds like a good idea, I could get to the coast easily.

Fampa
25-09-05, 08:55 PM
Would love something informal in November. Get to know the peeps here so we can look like a cohesive supporter group come trials time.

kingy123
25-09-05, 11:08 PM
Im from tweed So i could get where ever we do it easy

Titans#1
26-09-05, 09:48 AM
I can just imagine us all walking around with our Nic's on a name tag!

*Hi I'm Titan#1* lol

roostergirl
26-09-05, 09:50 AM
Although the southern Gold Coast is much nicer :D ....i reckon Broadbeach near Kurrawa SLSC is the go. Huge grassy bits for footy, beach to swim in and im sure BBQ's and seating.

Anytime on w/end suits.....except the 12th of Nov...it's the bubba's 1st b'day :)

Titan In Newcastle
26-09-05, 07:09 PM
Im in Ballina so its not quiet QLD either.

Perhaps when the Titans come to Newie we can come down for a visit!

that would b cool, love to catch up with everyone.

Titans#1
20-10-05, 01:42 PM
Are we looking at a Pre~Xmas get together now? Yes, No, Maybe?

Dakink
20-10-05, 01:49 PM
Yep certainly - Was waiting for my schedule down here to arrange itself!!!

Open to suggestions from now for time,date and place!!

Titans#1
20-10-05, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking end of Nov or First week of December. Not too fussed on dates, but I was thinking on one of the beaches. Burleigh? Tallebudgera? One with nice BBQ's anyway. Even Coolangatta is nice.

Time???? Not too early so I don't look like an alcaholic.

Sharks
21-10-05, 02:33 PM
lol hey aslong as you drink after 12pm ur not a alcoholic! :p

DeeGan
21-10-05, 11:44 PM
I will be pushed to make this 'coming together' though I will be doing my best to clear the schedule ;)

Any of the beaches IMO is a great idea Titans#1.

DeeGan

Sharks
22-10-05, 02:35 PM
a forum get to together is a bit silly,theres to much different types of people and a huge demographic to reach.We are just members of a forum,a get to together will be a disaster waiting to happen. :P lol

Super Cronk
22-10-05, 02:40 PM
a forum get to together is a bit silly,theres to much different types of people and a huge demographic to reach.We are just members of a forum,a get to together will be a disaster waiting to happen. :P lol

then dont go!

Dakink
22-10-05, 05:00 PM

Like Cronk said - Dont come.

Already had great feedback from GC based members who want to meet the faces behind the forums. Because we are behind a club they are people we are going to be meeting a lot in the future and hopefully building great friendships out of. Disaster my butt...

The demographic aint that large - I mean I am only 1 hour away and I would drive up to meet people. The GC aint that big an area really, and the people in other places like Sydney - well Im sure we will meet them when the Titans play down there - there is only one or two sydney teams dont forget.

..::Coops::..
23-10-05, 01:24 PM

forum get to togethers have been done on other team forums and have worked well. even if we;re all different types of ppl, we all have the Titans in common. and as the others said, you don't have to go.

Super Cronk
23-10-05, 01:38 PM
If not all then most of the members on here are good people from what ive seen in posts...everyone gets along. if you want to meet some new people and talk footy and everything else then it would be great to go to. unfortunately i might not be going due to me living down here.

Titans#1
27-10-05, 12:13 PM
I think the easiest way to organise this is to say:

3rd of December.
Burliegh Beach BBQ's.
BYO EVERYTHING!
11am.

How does that sound to everyone? If the date is no good, please let me know (majority will rule on this). I am happy to set up camp in the morning to "reserve" a BBQ.

DeeGan
27-10-05, 12:20 PM
Fine by me.

DeeGan

p.s. I should be right to be there for the 'coming together of Titans' lol

DIEHARD
27-10-05, 03:21 PM
Dec 3rd sounds good. We should catch up before the end of the year, so we can built support for a bigger outing, whether it is a trial other something similar.

DIEHARD
27-10-05, 03:24 PM

Rugby league and sport in general transcedes all demographics.

That is the power and beauty of sports. You can go to a stadium full of 40k people and strike up a conversation with nearly anyone of them. No matter who they are or where they are from. Rugby league gives everyone something in common.

It is one of the major reasons I am such a huge fan, I know rugby league does a lot of good in the community and makes a lot of people happy.

A Titans get together would be fine. And things will just get easier and easier when we get closer to getting a team on the field.

Titans#1
27-10-05, 04:22 PM
Just because at the moment we are only the "Online" supporter team for the Titans, does not mean that we won't be at every game, with our hat's and banners. Why not meet everyone now, before we have to find everyone in a crowd of 25,000.

Dakink
27-10-05, 04:39 PM
Sounds great to me Dec 3 is good.

Ill also help set up Titans#1 so you arent all on your lonesome!

Titans#1
27-10-05, 04:45 PM
Sounds great to me Dec 3 is good.

Ill also help set up Titans#1 so you arent all on your lonesome!

Thanks, even though I'll have my 2 girls with me, they're not much company, one will just nag me to go in the water and the other one will eat the sand! Any help is appreciated.

gordon{fish}fisher
31-10-05, 04:48 PM
Bbq Sounds Gr8 At Robina Site

Sharks
31-10-05, 08:54 PM
Bbq Sounds Gr8 At Robina Site

yeah a mcdonalds party would be sik,it is almost near the empty land occupying robina stadium.but think they are keen for a beach party.

Titans#1
01-11-05, 09:16 AM
yeah a mcdonalds party would be sik,it is almost near the empty land occupying robina stadium.but think they are keen for a beach party.

Yep, 3 December at Burleigh Beach. 11 am.

Titans#1
07-11-05, 11:09 AM
Ok, So far we have 5 People BBQing.

Anyone else, otherwise this will have to be put aff as well.

Sorry for the tone of post, I better make another coffee.

Dakink
07-11-05, 03:49 PM
Nah dont put it off - Its on Dec the 3rd unless its peeing down!!!

Ill be there and Im coming up from Ballina so If its only me and You Titans#1 its ON!!!!

Hopefully a few more will come though....

DeeGan
07-11-05, 05:33 PM
I should be there, I assumed I am inlcuded in the 5 quoted Titans#1? :)

DeeGan

DIEHARD
07-11-05, 05:37 PM
You can count me in on any Titans get together.

Teegy
07-11-05, 06:34 PM
I most proberly will be there. i can confirm in a few weeks

Steve Dangerous
08-11-05, 12:09 AM
Ok, So far we have 5 People BBQing.

Anyone else, otherwise this will have to be put aff as well.

Sorry for the tone of post, I better make another coffee.

don't call it off...

add me to the list also. i'm not exactly sure where Burleigh Beach is and how to get there though lol. but i'll work something out.

DIEHARD
08-11-05, 12:33 AM
If you can get at least 10-12 people there, go ahead with it.

I'll bring a friend. I'm sure people will bring family and friends as well.

You need to start somewhere and if people don't want to be involved, well they miss out. :evil:

If we can get at least a dozen people together to get to know each other, have a laugh and a few burgers and drinks, it will be all good.

And we can reflect how the diehard Titans fans first met, a handful of us.

Don't be afraid to start small. You have my total support and I'm sure that of many others.

Titans#1
08-11-05, 07:23 AM
Ok.
By the reply's I see here, I better not call it of.
As long as I'm not sitting on Burleigh Beach by myself with my one sausage on the BBQ, I won't mind.

Dakink
08-11-05, 10:31 AM
If you are on your own with a single sausage you can be assured I'll have a rissole next to it!! Just more beer for us to drink isnt it?

Titans#1
08-11-05, 10:34 AM
If you are on your own with a single sausage you can be assured I'll have a rissole next to it!! Just more beer for us to drink isnt it?

That's right, we can be the "drunk louts" of the Titans!

Dakink
08-11-05, 10:35 AM
LOL sounds good to me - We can sing real loud at the games!

Steve Dangerous
08-11-05, 12:34 PM
a game of touch is in order, yes?

Dakink
08-11-05, 01:22 PM
YES!!!

And a little beach cricket....

Sharks
08-11-05, 06:15 PM
everyone its ok if you gota drink and drive,every1 does it i will b that day!

Titans#1
09-11-05, 08:10 AM

Could you please keep your critisism constructive and un~sarcastic.

DIEHARD
09-11-05, 08:13 AM
DIEHARD knows one person who isn't invited. :laugh:

Steve Dangerous
09-11-05, 04:52 PM

Nobody is suggesting anybody drink-drive or do anything of the sort. These quips are very unneccesary.

Super Cronk
09-11-05, 04:53 PM

what an idiotic thing to say.

Titans#1
15-11-05, 10:32 AM
Quick reminder everyone.

BBQ in 3 and a half weeks. Christmas Theme?

Titans#1
17-11-05, 11:47 AM
Ok, I'm going to make this a bit easier to organise.

I will be bringing:
Lot's and Lot's of Plates and Cutlery (I have picnic stuff coming out of my ears)
3 Large home made salads (make requests now if there's enything in particular you want)
and an Esky with my Smirnoff Ice and meat.

So in other words, don't bring salads and plates, just your meat, drinks and chairs.

Titans#1
19-11-05, 04:38 PM
DON"T ASK ME WHERE I GOT 3 AND A HALF WEEKS FROM!!!!

Yes, this BBQ is only 2 weeks away!

Bring the family and meat (yes they are different things) and will see you all on Burleigh Beach!!!

If you're worried about finding us, I'll be posting in here next week on what I'll be tying to my big blue pram for all to see.

Cliffy GC
20-11-05, 07:11 PM
guys i gotta work till 3ish will it still be pumping then?

Titans#1
20-11-05, 07:14 PM
guys i gotta work till 3ish will it still be pumping then?

Does a BBQ ever stop??? There's sunlight till like 7pm now! I'll wait for you either way! lol

roostergirl
20-11-05, 09:24 PM
Me and the bubba will head down in the arvo...

wombat68
24-11-05, 05:27 PM
yep count me in.Prob rock up in the arv. ;)

will be wearing the Manly colours,as most will have their own current NRL team,might make a good photo op,showing a motley crew of fans from dif NRL clubs that will come together as one in the future.
What do yu think??

wombat68
24-11-05, 05:28 PM
Me and the bubba will head down in the arvo...

G'day Roostergirl,been a while.Can't believe your bub is one already.be great to catch up on the 3rd.

Sharks
25-11-05, 05:58 PM
wombat you can stop the rebelious but you cant stop the rebel.Bring on the deathstar!

Titans#1
25-11-05, 05:59 PM
yep count me in.Prob rock up in the arv. ;)

will be wearing the Manly colours,as most will have their own current NRL team,might make a good photo op,showing a motley crew of fans from dif NRL clubs that will come together as one in the future.
What do yu think??

I was thinking of taking a group shot for Leafue Freaks website!

roostergirl
25-11-05, 09:03 PM
G'day Roostergirl,been a while.Can't believe your bub is one already.be great to catch up on the 3rd.

Hello!!! Lol seems like yesterday!!! Will be great to see you :)

DIEHARD
26-11-05, 04:06 AM
Oh phew. I thought I had a clash in my diary for a second...

Got a million xmas parties and gatherings to attend and I want to go to them all.

Looking forward to the Titans first unofficial get together. I mean this is history in the making, I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Titans#1
27-11-05, 12:48 PM
Same here! Nothing is keeping me from being there this Saturday!

I am expecting people to arrive around midday, but I will be there from 11.17am onwards.

I will be at the BBQ's on the Esplanade (at the big carpark).
I was unable to get my hands on a Titans flag so you will spot us by looking out for the
SILVER BEACH TENT
which I will set up for my kids. (geez I hope another group doesn't bring one lol)

See you all there!
One more thing, are we going to need name tags with our screen name and real name? I'm going to be so confused! lol

DeeGan
27-11-05, 12:51 PM
Good stuff Titans#1! Thanks for all your efforts in pushing this event through! ;)

Cheers

DeeGan

Titans#1
29-11-05, 12:48 PM
AARRGHH, Just got the beach tent out to do the all important check for spiders.

ITS BLUE WITH YELLOW (not silver!)

Geez I hope you all see this before Saturday!

Teegy
29-11-05, 12:51 PM
Deegan can we put this as an announcement or even even email or Pm this info out so people know

DeeGan
29-11-05, 01:23 PM
Deegan can we put this as an announcement or even even email or Pm this info out so people know

I can organise an email to all our members if you like as a reminder, no problems.

Titans#1 - can you post something in this thread that you want as an email and I will send tonight for you :)

DeeGan

Titans#1
29-11-05, 04:46 PM
No probs, here you go:

Titans Informal BBQ This Saturday!

3rd of December @ Burleigh Beach BBQ's (at the big car park)
Start Time: 11.17am BYO Everything except plates and cutlery.
Look for the BLUE WITH YELLOW BEACH TENT.
See you there!

Research Station Drive
29-11-05, 04:55 PM
Unfortunately I can't attend as I'm still in NSW until February!

I hope everyone has a great day (I'm sure you will). I'll be interested to hear how it goes!

Best of Luck for the day - I'll definately be at the second one! :thumbsup:

Steve Dangerous
30-11-05, 02:08 AM
come together
right now
over me

Teegy
01-12-05, 11:10 AM
Sorry but due some some things changing i will be unable to attend the Titans BBQ

Titans#1
02-12-05, 08:51 AM
Since I don't want ANYONE drink driving, and I don't drink, please let me know if anyone needs to be picked up or dropped off at home.. I'll be happy to take/bring you!

(I NEVER drink more than 2)

DIEHARD
02-12-05, 09:15 AM
Since I don't want ANYONE drink driving, and I don't drink, please let me know if anyone needs to be picked up or dropped off at home.. I'll be happy to take/bring you!

(I NEVER drink more than 2)

Good thinking, I also won't be drinking so if anyone wants a lift to and from Brisbane, give me a buzz.

Titans#1
02-12-05, 03:32 PM
PROBLEM!

I had the Blue with Yellow tent set up last night, and the wind has broken it! I can't fix it! Now what....Um....ok, got it.

I have an Australian Boxing Kangaroo Flag... I will take that and hang it in a tree or off the BBQ.

GREEN AND GOLD BOXING KANGAROO FLAG!

Sharks
02-12-05, 06:26 PM
We will be there with bells on.

Steve Dangerous
02-12-05, 09:58 PM
I'm not sure if i can make it. not just the weather but i'm a bit shaken up tonight.

Titans#1
03-12-05, 06:45 AM
Weather is going to be FINE! Forecast is NO rain and 29c......

DIEHARD
03-12-05, 08:35 AM
And the clouds part and the sun shines upon the Titans.

I don't know about you, but in Brisbane the sky is blue and beautiful, best day in weeks.

Perfect timing for some good weather and a good omen for the future!

DIEHARD
03-12-05, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure if i can make it. not just the weather but i'm a bit shaken up tonight.

I hope you are ok mate.

Dakink
03-12-05, 08:46 AM
Well - Im starting to thinkl about packing the esky down here!!

DIEHARD
03-12-05, 09:30 AM
Well - Im starting to thinkl about packing the esky down here!!

I had to find mine. :laugh:

Gonna get ready to head off at about 9:30am.

Titans#1
03-12-05, 10:22 AM
Finishing off the salads now.....

Steve Dangerous
03-12-05, 12:05 PM
I hope you are ok mate.

i'm ok now.

in fact, i'm looking at the bus schedual now... i should be at the bbq sometime between 12 and 1 hopefully.