PDA

View Full Version : Seven after Rugby League World Cup rights

DIEHARD
16-11-06, 11:45 PM
Fantastic news in todays Courier Mail saying that Seven is after Rugby League World Cup TV rights!

Hopefully Seven will win, or at least force Nine to offer proper coverage and increase how much they must pay.

Great news!

DeeGan
17-11-06, 07:23 AM
Fantastic news in todays Courier Mail saying that Seven is after Rugby League World Cup TV rights!

Hopefully Seven will win, or at least force Nine to offer proper coverage and increase how much they must pay.

Great news!

Channel Nine do not do our game any justice especially when looking at International fixtures - I am still smarting after the first Test last month was a 'delayed telecast' which is an absolute joke. Nine's treatment of fans in Melbourne is also a joke albeit improving.

DIEHARD
17-11-06, 01:36 PM
Channel Nine do not do our game any justice especially when looking at International fixtures - I am still smarting after the first Test last month was a 'delayed telecast' which is an absolute joke. Nine's treatment of fans in Melbourne is also a joke albeit improving.

And to be honest, Phil Gould should never be allowed on the call team of any international rugby league event.

It's wrong that he can put the boot into the game all week, turning thousands away and then walk into the commentary team to call the match.

Poida
17-11-06, 01:38 PM
And to be honest, Phil Gould should never be allowed on the call team of any international rugby league event.

It's wrong that he can put the boot into the game all week, turning thousands away and then walk into the commentary team to call the match.
couldnt agree more with you

Grimmace
17-11-06, 01:40 PM
ITS good to seven trying to get the WC as i would not be handing it to nine after how they have treated the Tri-nations, if all else faills offer it to the ABC or SBS but CH 9 should the last resort we look too.

DIEHARD
17-11-06, 01:43 PM
One thing is for sure, we are lucky Nine wasn't given the World Cup rights as a thoughtless freebie packages with the NRL rights. We can sell the World Cup rights independantly!

Future Star
17-11-06, 02:16 PM
They should show it on Fox Sports......

DIEHARD
18-11-06, 12:34 AM
They should show it on Fox Sports......

I'm sure pay tv will be part of the world cup coverage package. With Fox maybe having the lesser pool games, replays of major gams and review shows.

Giving us a very complete coverage of the event!