PDA

View Full Version : QLD Roar vs Adelaide United this Saturday - WHOS GOING

HodgoBerro
19-10-05, 10:22 AM
I'll make a list

LIST

HodgoBerro - i'll be sitting in Aisle 302 Row 1 Seat 61 i'll have a We Love The Chad sign with me which is bright orange

DIEHARD
19-10-05, 10:25 AM
Can't say I have ever been to a soccer game.

But it is being played in the off season and I'll take any excuse to attend the home of rugby league! :D

I can't get over their orange jerseys though. :confused:

I'll certainly get to a few games.

Dakink
19-10-05, 10:55 AM
Love the Orange strip. Like the dutch they have gone for something that is easily recognised and noticable. A smart move in the first few years of the A-League where getting the name recognised and the product accepted is half the battle.

a smart movevas the Ornage Strip is rapidly becoming recognisable anywhere.

DIEHARD
19-10-05, 10:57 AM
Love the Orange strip. Like the dutch they have gone for something that is easily recognised and noticable. A smart move in the first few years of the A-League where getting the name recognised and the product accepted is half the battle.

a smart movevas the Ornage Strip is rapidly becoming recognisable anywhere.

But weren't the Roar originally a Dutch club and the orange actually represents Holland?

Weren't they called Hollandia before they became the Lions and then the Roar?

It is like a hidden cultural marker.

Dakink
19-10-05, 10:59 AM
Not sure - think I can smell a research project coming up.

DIEHARD
19-10-05, 11:03 AM
I guess people should start wearing clogs to Roar games. :D ;)

Dakink
19-10-05, 11:30 AM
Here is the reply to my research;

The Roar as such has no heritage of any kind, having only been in existence since February this year. The Dutch heritage you?re referring to is that of Queensland Lions Soccer Club (formley Brisbane Lions Soccer Club and Hollandia before that). Queensland Lions are the majority shareholder in the Roar however the two clubs are separate entities.

The choice of wearing Orange was mainly a marketing decision. Our research indicated that this is a very popular colour with kids and this is our next generation of supporters. Over time this may change and of course our colours may vary slightly to accommodate this.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Andrew Doak

Marketing & Communications

Queensland Roar FC

www.qldroar.com.au

DIEHARD
19-10-05, 11:33 AM
Don't believe it, it is propaganda! :)

Who are the other shareholders anyway?

I'm impressed you got right onto the case!

Dakink
19-10-05, 11:34 AM
I think I read this elsewhere here, maybe I think Rochdale and another semi-pro Bissie club. They all have clubs turning over profit off about $1mill.

DIEHARD
19-10-05, 12:11 PM
I think I read this elsewhere here, maybe I think Rochdale and another semi-pro Bissie club. They all have clubs turning over profit off about $1mill.

Sounds like a solid set up for a national soccer team.

I think out of all cities, Brisbane is the most sporting mad and open armed to all sports.

Rugby League, soccer, AFL or Union we turn out.

Melbourne may turn out for the big events but they are very one eyed and narrow minded. Hopefully this will change because I know there are a lot of rugby league watching Melbournians down there. Maybe the problem is the media.

Sydney, well look how many they got for the Tri Nations Test Match, Brisbane got 40,000 with one hand tied behind its back and will get 50,000 next year.

Three cheers for Brisbane!! The city of course! Not the Broncos! ;)

PARANoIR
20-10-05, 01:15 PM
Hmmm, I was going until my work decided to change their mind, and make me work. 3 other guys go to indy, so I have to give up my day off. Thats justice