PDA

View Full Version : Womens WC to be held on The Gold Coast

Grimmace
08-11-06, 06:32 AM
ALL RUGBY league playing nations have been invited to enter teams for the third Women's Rugby League World Cup, to be held on the Gold Coast in October 2008.

The event will be staged by the Australian Women's Rugby League, endorsed by both the Australian Rugby League and the International Rugby League Federation.

Coinciding with the Centenial year of rugby league celebrations, the Women's World Cup and the men's World Cup shall form the highlight of the 2008 season.

The AWRL envisages teams from New Zealand, Cook Islands, Great Britain, Russia, France, Samoa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and other pacific nations to contest the event.

All players must be registered as playing rugby league.

For further information please email Women's Rugby League World Cup Organising Committee Chairperson, Veronica White on veronicaw@ozonline.com.au or 07 3812 1757 or 0430 172 987
Source:www.qrl.com.au

jenny
08-11-06, 09:54 AM
That would be great to see! I wonder if it will be held at SKILL STADIUM or CARRARA?

RIP
08-11-06, 10:52 AM
awesome to see. the poms won last time. so i wonder who will win in the coming cup

jenny
08-11-06, 10:52 AM
awesome to see. the poms won last time. so i wonder who will win in the coming cup
Australia :naughty:

RIP
08-11-06, 07:20 PM
kiwis :)

dean
08-11-06, 07:43 PM
I saw a couple of womens representative league games played at Runaway Bay a few years ago and wow, these girls play it rough and tough. Awesome to see. I thought that it would be a bit of hit and giggle but gees was i wrong. The skill and speed of the attack and the quality of the big hitting defence was brilliant. Really entertaining top quality league. Can't wait to see that again.

Steve
09-11-06, 09:43 AM
I saw an Australia vs NZ match at Suncorp, I forget what it was a curtain raiser for, but it was definitely entertaining.

Not quite as fast as the men's game, but some of those women have great talent. And if I remember rightly, one of the Australian centres was pretty cute too. :D