PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Titanium Forum Melbourne Cup Signature Sweepstakes

Titanium_BD1103
05-11-06, 08:56 AM
THE 2006 TITANIUM FORUM MELBOURNE CUP SIGNATURE SWEEPSTAKES

Basically here is how it will work....

- The first 16 names to place their name on the forum for entry into the stakes after I finish this post will be included into the stakes, the last 8 places in the stakes are yet to be decided on ATM.

- The Names of these people will then go into an Excel Spreadsheet along with the horses and I will then just click the re-sort in random order option to make a name match a horse, that is the horse you get.

- Watch the Melbourne cup at 3pm on Tuesday and see if your horse wins, if it does, I will personally create a signature for your forum account with your name and the name of the winning horse and its picture and whatever else you want that will fit and I am capable of doing when it comes to creating sigs... :)

P.S. If there are those that miss out and enough names to do it, I may run 2 sweepstakes, but you can only have your name in ONE.

Click the link below to see the horses Currently Listed for the 2006 Emirates Melbourne Cup.... :)

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?p=120321#post120321

SO YES GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL... MAY THE BEST HORSE WIN... :D :D

zacaroo
05-11-06, 09:02 AM
me plz

~Wild Child~
05-11-06, 09:25 AM
Me too please :)

Robbie_Dee
05-11-06, 10:47 AM
oh oh oh, pick me!

Gio
05-11-06, 10:52 AM
Me please.

Hoppy2007Dragons
05-11-06, 11:02 AM
count me in.

Teegy
05-11-06, 11:30 AM
im in

BrisbaneBroncosRule
05-11-06, 01:08 PM
Ill have a go

Steelers
05-11-06, 02:12 PM
Nice Idea BT :)
I'll put my name down. Even thugh I usually get stuck with the one who comes last :p

Go_The_Doggies
05-11-06, 02:44 PM
Count me in.

jenny
05-11-06, 06:13 PM
Me too please :)

Grimmace
05-11-06, 06:16 PM
count me in

patrick
05-11-06, 07:04 PM
Count me in too mate! :)

MonaroMan
05-11-06, 07:15 PM
& me too please.

Titanium_BD1103
06-11-06, 07:30 PM
2 Spaces left... GET CRACKING IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES... :D

Robbie_Dee
06-11-06, 07:45 PM
If 2 more people don't enter, I'll happily enter my name again:D:D:D lol

jenny
06-11-06, 07:45 PM
If 2 more people don't enter, I'll happily enter my name again:D:D:D lol
:laugh: SNEAKY WIDDLE WOBBIE! :laugh:

Titanium_BD1103
06-11-06, 07:57 PM
LOL Robbie, nope... One horse per entrant only... if not enough numbers, I will pick lucky random regular members not in the comp to be in it.... ;)

As for the current group, well here is your horses GOOD LUCK... :D

2006 Titanium Forums Melbourne Cup Sweepstakes, Barrier Draw #1

Zacaroo- Zipping

Michel- Mandela

Robbie Dee- Mahtoum

Gio- Kerry O' Reilly

Hoppy2007Dragons- Pop Rock

Teegy- Zabeat

LoneGull- Maybe Better

BrisbaneBroncosRule- Tawquet

Steelers- Yeats

Go_The_Doggies- Ice Chariot

NRLChick- Art Success

DeeGan- Railings

DIEHARD- Land N' Stars

Jenny- On a Jeune

Grimmace- Headturner

Patrick- Glistening

MonaroMan- Activation

Bulldog_Titan311- Short Pause

Bernster- Dizelle

Horses still left:

Delta Blues
DeMerger
Dolphin Jo
Geordieland

Robbie_Dee
06-11-06, 07:59 PM
C'mon Mahtoum, you can do it :emp:

I like the look of Go the Doggies!

jenny
06-11-06, 07:59 PM
I'm happpy with that TJ!! (not like i know anything about them ) LOL!
But i'm happy! :)

Go_The_Doggies
06-11-06, 08:00 PM
Isnt Efficient a Kiwi horse? or has some Kiwi connection.

Robbie_Dee
06-11-06, 08:00 PM
Yea thanks for this TJ, its very kind of you :rolleyes:

jenny
06-11-06, 08:01 PM
Chris got the one i am backing here on the Coast! ;)..TAWQUET

Titanium_BD1103
06-11-06, 08:04 PM
Isnt Efficient a Kiwi horse? or has some Kiwi connection.

Robbie, It's all random, I didn't choose where they land, I just kept sorting the spreadsheet till the names were far away from where they started, and that is how it turned out... :)

Kimmy, spot on... yep Efficient is a Kiwi... :)

From: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10409339

Racing: Efficient's late entry gives NZ another chance in Cup

Monday November 6, 2006
By Greg Tourelle

MELBOURNE - The elevation of Efficient to tomorrow's A$5 million ($5.8 million) Melbourne Cup adds extra spice to the annual New Zealand challenge for the race that stops two nations.

Efficient's connections paid a A$132,000 ($153,470) late entry fee to secure their place in the field.

A New Zealand-trained horse has not won the cup since Ethereal for Waikato trainer Sheila Laxon in 2001.

Efficient, brilliant winner of the Victoria Derby at Flemington in Melbourne on Saturday, is not trained in New Zealand, but he was bred here, four Kiwis share 25 per cent ownership, and his trainer, Graeme Rogerson, is a New Zealander.

The 3-year-old jumped into the bookmakers' cup charts after connections decided to run him in the cup - a rare move for derby winners.

The last horse to complete the derby-cup double was Skipton in 1941.

Three New Zealand-trained horses are running in the cup - Zabeat, Kerry O'Reilly and Mandela.

But the Kiwi connection doesn't end there. Rogerson also has Activation and Zipping in the field.

Railings and Headturner, from the John Hawkes stable, are part-owned by New Zealanders Gerard Peterson and Owen Glenn.

Expatriate New Zealand jockey Greg Childs rides Headturner.

Peterson and Glenn also share in the ownership of English raider Glistening.

John Collins, a New Zealander who previously trained at Otaki but has been in Victoria for 10 years, has Brisbane Cup winner Art Success engaged.

The New Zealand-breds in the cup are Art Success, Activation, Kerry O'Reilly, Zabeat, Mandela and Efficient.

Here's a closer look at the three visitors from New Zealand:

Zabeat
Seven-year-old gelding by Rhythm out of Zabeel mare Zabest. Trained by Donna Logan, Dean Logan and Chris Gibbs at Ruakaka, near Whangarei. Has won a Wellington Cup and finished second in this year's Auckland and Sydney Cups, so he can certainly run out the cup distance. But he flopped badly in the 2500m Saab Quality Handicap on Saturday, finishing last. Vets have found no problem with him, so his connections have decided to press ahead. That run sent his odds from $71 to $201. He has to be a major risk on Saturday's run, but at his best he would be competitive in this race. Exuberant French jockey Olivier Doleuze rides him.

Kerry O'reilly
Six-year-old gelding by O'Reilly out of the Grosvenor mare Pegarah. Trained by Jim Gibbs at Matamata in Waikato. Winner of last year's Counties (2100m) and Waikato Cups (2400m), he surprised many with his sizzling finish for second in the Kelt Capital Stakes (2040m) last month. He then warmed up for the cup with a nice run for fourth in the Geelong Cup (2400m). In his only run at 3200m, he ran sixth in the Auckland Cup this year, so there is a query over the distance, but he is a big-striding horse who could be suited to Flemington. Cameron Lammas, 18 months out of his apprenticeship with Gibbs, rides. Odds: $41.

Mandela
Five-year-old stallion by Ebony Grosve out of Sea Anchor mare Wairongoa Belle. Trained by Richard Yuill at Pukekohe. Cost only $1600 at auction, which makes him the cheapest buy in the field. Leapt into cup calculations with an emphatic win in the Geelong Cup (2400m) on October 25, sending his odds plummeting from $300 to $21. Now at $34. Unknown at distance, but leading Melbourne jockey Craig Williams was keen to retain the ride. In form, so rates a solid chance.

Starter's orders: Get your Sweepstake Chart in tomorrow's New Zealand Herald with a special 10-page section covering all the Melbourne Cup action.

Melbourne Cup: Flemington, 5pm tomorrow. Live TV3, Trackside.

- NZPA

jenny
06-11-06, 08:05 PM
THANKYOU TJ! You are VERY cool! :p

Robbie_Dee
06-11-06, 08:06 PM
Robbie, It's all random, I didn't choose where they land, I just kept sorting the spreadsheet till the names were far away from where they started, and that is how it turned out... :)I wasn't suggestion anything there, I was just saying that i like the look of Ice Chariot;)

Go_The_Doggies
06-11-06, 08:11 PM
Aww yeah im good :D

I'm going for Efficient then. And the other 3 Kiwi horses <3

Hoppy2007Dragons
06-11-06, 09:15 PM
Poprock ay, sounds good.

ive put a bet on headturner. i liek the sound of him and the jockeys colours.

Capital_Shark
06-11-06, 10:34 PM
My cup day has been #$%^ed by my boss ringing and wanting me to work till 4:30 but I've placed my bets on my TAB account so hopefully the trifecta will make up for it. If there is still a spot I'll be in BDT muh hooooomie!

jenny
06-11-06, 10:44 PM
My cup day has been #$%^ed by my boss ringing and wanting me to work till 4:30 but I've placed my bets on my TAB account so hopefully the trifecta will make up for it. If there is still a spot I'll be in BDT muh hooooomie!
Glad you made it sharky :dizzy:

Capital_Shark
06-11-06, 10:52 PM
Glad you made it sharky :dizzy:

I'll go bookie next year, set up the odds, yous deposit to my bank account and deposit back your winnings if your lucky enough.

jenny
06-11-06, 10:54 PM
I'll go bookie next year, set up the odds, yous deposit to my bank account and deposit back your winnings if your lucky enough.
Thats a good idea! :yell: NOT!

Capital_Shark
06-11-06, 10:56 PM
Thats a good idea! :yell: NOT!

No trust in me? I'm disappointed and insulted TBH

jenny
06-11-06, 10:58 PM
No trust in me? I'm disappointed and insulted TBH
You'll be right! And probably used to it by the way! :naughty:

Capital_Shark
06-11-06, 11:01 PM
You'll be right! And probably used to it by the way! :naughty:

I'd be right okay, reckon I've watched enough mob docos to work out the unbeatable gambling bit. :satan:

jenny
06-11-06, 11:05 PM
I'd be right okay, reckon I've watched enough mob docos to work out the unbeatable gambling bit. :satan:
:lol!: now your talkin!

Bernster
06-11-06, 11:19 PM
Im in!!!

Grimmace
07-11-06, 07:05 AM
CS mate you have been given : Delta Blues.

zacaroo
07-11-06, 08:11 AM
Go Zipping!

Grimmace
07-11-06, 10:24 AM
Ladies and gentle men boys and girls three random memebers will now get the remaining horses so stand by :
Paddy: DeMerger
Queenslander: Dolphin Jo
William11: Geordieland

The sweep stakes are now closed

Grimmace
07-11-06, 03:06 PM
Congrats to Captial Shark With delta blues who have won the 2006 Melbourne cup sweep

jenny
07-11-06, 03:12 PM
Congrats to Captial Shark With delta blues who have won the 2006 Melbourne cup sweep
:win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win:
GO SHARKY..........GO SHARKY.......GO SHARKY
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BrisbaneBroncosRule
07-11-06, 03:15 PM
:win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win:
GO SHARKY..........GO SHARKY.......GO SHARKY
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well done Capital mate. :hi:

10 more posts and your the highest poster on titans Jenny :rotflmao:

jenny
07-11-06, 03:16 PM
well done Capital mate. :hi:

10 more posts and your the highest poster on titans Jenny :rotflmao:
:eek: QUICK MEET YOU AT TWAT THREAD! ...jokes :rotflmao:

BrisbaneBroncosRule
07-11-06, 03:16 PM
:eek: QUICK MEET YOU AT TWAT THREAD! ...jokes :rotflmao:

lol :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

jenny
07-11-06, 03:17 PM
lol :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:p

Go_The_Doggies
07-11-06, 03:29 PM
Zabeat was going good for awhile!!!

Congrats to Delta Blues, and everyone envolved with her(it is a her isnt it?)

jenny
07-11-06, 03:56 PM
Delta Blues wins Melbourne Cup

November 07, 2006 12:00
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

DELTA Blues galloped into immortality today as the Japanese raider shaded out stablemate Pop Rock in a photo finish to win the Melbourne Cup.
Despite chilly weather, nearly 110,000 punters crammed onto the Flemington Racecourse to witness the event and plunge $20 million with on-course bookies.

That was a fraction of the estimated $150 million wagered on the close-fought race Australia-wide.
And while the crowd never seemed close to the 129,000 at Saturday?s Victoria Derby or the 122,736 course record at the 2003 Melbourne Cup, spirits were high as the 23-horse field were locked into the starting gates.

An estimated 700 million watched the race in 120 countries worldwide.

Controversy is never far away at the cup, and Efficient?s last-gasp withdrawal from the great race delivered disappointment to trainer Lloyd Williams, but greater opportunities for the international runners.

Once again, global studs fielded among their best horses for the $5.1 million race that stops the nation.

Among them were highly fancied Japanese runners Pop Rock and Delta Blues, English horse Geordieland and favourite Irish stayer Yeats.

Early on super stayer Tawqeet was the punters? favourite drawing a flood of early money and praise from rivals.

Yeats grabbed the money late in the morning, after Tawqeet pulled a shoe in training ? raising doubts about his fitness, before a vets reported cleared the horse and it was again pushed to the front of the tote.

But Tawqueet and Pop Rock were never far behind, rising to equal second favourite just before the starter?s gun.

And while the horses were the main game, the Flemington grounds also featured plenty of distractions as Melbourne?s social set dressed in their finest ? albeit less exposed than usual ? while the city?s jokers dressed to amuse.

Crooner Chris Isaak also entertained the track fans amid the buzz of the race that stopped the nation.

Fenced off from the general public, Australia?s A-list were entertained in style in The Birdcage.

Among people causing a buzz were Shane Warne and ex-wife Simone Callaghan who kept bumping into each other in the VIP marquees.

And Bec Cartwright and Lleyton Hewitt also proved a popular couple in the lush Emirates marquee.

Whatever the entertainment, here was food and drink to spare, as punters ate their way through 800kg of smoked salmon ordered, along with two tonnes of beef, 50,000 sandwiches and 40,000 party pies.

They washed it all down with 165,000 cans of beer, 50,000 bottles of Fleur de Lys sparkling wine and 1000 bottles of Moet champagne in the members' area.

Titanium_BD1103
07-11-06, 05:27 PM
Well Done to Capital Shark on Winning in the Melbourne Cup Sweepstakes... and PM me if you want anything else in your signature besides the horse and your name and the trophy... :)

jenny
07-11-06, 05:29 PM
Well Done to Capital Shark on Winning in the Melbourne Cup Sweepstakes... and PM me if you want anything else in your signature besides the horse and your name and the trophy... :)
Really happy for him TJ!!!
Considering he was a late starter :laugh:
ONYA SHARKY! :win: :win:

Robbie_Dee
07-11-06, 06:41 PM
Congrats capital shark

jenny
07-11-06, 07:02 PM
$25 MILLION.... on the Melbourne Cup Alone! :dead:

jenny
08-11-06, 06:12 PM
DRUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ROLL!
CAPITAL_SHARK IS HERE!
THE WINNER HAS RETURNED :emp:
:laugh: GO SHARKY! :guit: :guit: :win: :clap:

Capital_Shark
08-11-06, 06:16 PM
*takes a bow* :win:

Thankyou for the congrats, people. And the word is I have Jenny and Grimmace to thank for the pick, cheers ladies :D and Jenny too. haha.

jenny
08-11-06, 06:19 PM
*takes a bow* :win:

Thankyou for the congrats, people. And the word is I have Jenny and Grimmace to thank for the pick, cheers ladies :D and Jenny too. haha.
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Did you just call the guys (ladies) :naughty:
LOL! Congratulations Sharky xoxo :win: :win: :win: :win:

Capital_Shark
08-11-06, 06:22 PM
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Did you just call the guys (ladies) :naughty:
LOL! Congratulations Sharky xoxo :win: :win: :win: :win:

It was actually deeper than that Jen, I managed to called Grimmace a lady and also make you the exception the group of ladies. Two birds with one stone.

jenny
08-11-06, 06:25 PM
It was actually deeper than that Jen, I managed to called Grimmace a lady and also make you the exception the group of ladies. Two birds with one stone.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Think your clever eh???? :naughty: well you are! We were happy for you! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: