PDA

View Full Version : heritage jerseys for the 100 years of rugby???

bondititan
02-11-06, 10:11 AM
not sure how every one else feels i beleive that clubs should play in there original jerseys for the centenary year to show the the nrl does have heritage ?

if the gold coast was asked to play in a heritage jersey would we play in a seagulls, giants, chargers,
or are we a seperate identity ???

Grimmace
02-11-06, 10:20 AM
not sure how every one else feels i beleive that clubs should play in there original jerseys for the centenary year to show the the nrl does have heritage ?

if the gold coast was asked to play in a heritage jersey would we play in a seagulls, giants, chargers,
or are we a seperate identity ???
Its been well documented by the media and the NRL that 2008 will be the centenary year and the Roosters want to celebrate it next year.
I do know that the Broncos will wear an original game against manly in 08 when they play at suncorp.

Personally id like to see evertyone wear their orignal jerseys but it just may not happen.

As for the Titans i do beleive they are a sperate entity but itd be nice if they recgonised during some stage of the 08 season the clubs that were on the coast before it.

bondititan
02-11-06, 11:38 AM
i know the 100 years is 08

yet i believe a whole year in heritage jerseys would bring a sense of history

i beleive we are a seperate identity though the teams should be represented in a one off appearence

Steelers
02-11-06, 05:32 PM
Well the Dragons have basically the same jersey as they have always had. Although their away jersey isn't a replica of the old Steelers jersey. The idea has merit, and would definately lift jersey sales for that year IMO.

Steve
02-11-06, 06:31 PM
Could get a bit confusing, some team colours have changed a fair bit!

Should the doggies go back to being the Berries for a year? ;)

Titanium_BD1103
02-11-06, 07:31 PM
Yes Steve, I reckon they should... I want to see the CB's have a return in 2008... :D :D

Seriously... I reckon heritage jerseys are a nice idea, but as Steve said, many clubs have had mergers, changed names or gone through a change of ideals from their foundation days...

I mean does NZ wear an Auckland Warriors heritage jersey for 2008 in the red, blue and green colours when the clubs colours are black and grey?

What about Wests Tigers, do they wear an orange and grey jersey for one half of the season and a black and white one for the other half?

It's a nice idea, but a logistical nightmare IMO.

bondititan
03-11-06, 08:52 AM
yeah it would be a little hard maybe they wear the original jersey for home games and 07's home shirt for the away games as for merger teams ie st george if they are down wollongong the wear the steelers if they are at oki then st george same with the other mergers

titansroostersfan
03-11-06, 10:26 AM
I thought some teams are or have been wearing there old tradional jumper. I know the sharks wore that blue one for rogers, roosters going to wear 100 year one and other teams like the raiders and broncos have wore the old ones. SO why not do it for a year.

Steve
03-11-06, 11:26 AM
I guess if it was to be done it'd have to be the first jersey they wore in the Sydney premiership/NRL. Going back further, the Panthers wore blue, the sharks brown and gold, and heaven knows what other teams had.

Merged teams could be home/away strips.
I doubt it would happen though. Some teams might have something for one or two games, but I can't imagine they'd do it over the whole year.
Penrith had a brown and white jersey for a game this year, but it wasn't traditional, it was made from the new polyester material that jerseys are made from now (bring back the cotton I say! may not look so shiny, but at least it breathes), and was so dark it didn't look brown to me.

Satint
03-11-06, 11:53 AM
I'd love to see the Titans use the Giants, seagulls, and Chargers jerseys on one off special occasions. The Giants one should get a run but just for a 1 off game against the Bulldogs who were our first ever opponent. Would be good if done on special occasions and not as some marketing ploy.

bondititan
03-11-06, 12:00 PM
i really don't remember the giants jersey i have the other two

PROMETHEUS
03-11-06, 10:29 PM
And whos got the $$$$ to pay for yet ANOTHER jersey next year? :curse:

bondititan
04-11-06, 11:50 AM
though it may cost to fork out for a new jersey though i wouldn't mind forking out the $$$$$ but having a original style jersey

qld power
04-11-06, 12:39 PM
wouldnt mind getting my hands on some of the old ones like a giants one and a crushers one

Poida
04-11-06, 12:57 PM
broncos should bring back this one lol
http://www.broncos.com.au/gfx/Content/phpR3SeQ2.jpg

PROMETHEUS
05-11-06, 09:47 AM
LOL looks like the Panthers alternative jersey... :dead:
Btw,doesnt Locky look weird with hair?? :rotflmao:

Robbie_Dee
05-11-06, 10:36 AM
http://www.broncos.com.au/gfx/Content/phpR3SeQ2.jpg
OMG what was the go with that jersey! But my attention went straight to the defenders hand...what the hell was he trying to grab :lol!: :rotflmao: :laugh:

Poida
05-11-06, 10:45 AM
OMG what was the go with that jersey! But my attention went straight to the defenders hand...what the hell was he trying to grab :lol!: :rotflmao: :laugh:
LOL i dunno but i actually like the jersey
:lol!: :lol!: i dont wanna know what that defenders tryin to do

~Wild Child~
05-11-06, 11:58 AM
LOL i dunno but i actually like the jersey
:lol!: :lol!: i dont wanna know what that defenders tryin to do
Yep :D I really like that jersey...and Locky looks just fine in it too :D

Dummy Half
06-11-06, 09:55 PM
i wish locky would grow his hair long again!
he looks heaps better with it longer
-