PDA

View Full Version : Tri Nations Irish snub!

DIEHARD
31-10-06, 12:23 AM
I for one am very much sick of the constant snubbing of IRELAND in international matches.

The title of the Lions, is the Great Britain and IRELAND Lions and Brian Carney represents IRELAND.

I think it is a disgrace that the poor man plays his heart out for the jersey but has to stand there and listen to God Save the Queen and no Irish anthem is played.

There should also be green present in the jersey.

Oh well guess they are stupidly breaking up into home nations in the future anyway...

Poor old Brian... Poor old Ireland.

At least the mighty Irish smashed the Welsh on the weekend!

~lee~
31-10-06, 08:16 AM
The less Irish the better :D

I think its good they are breaking into home nations it feels wrong cheering on Irish and Welsh players.

Poida
31-10-06, 08:19 AM
I for one am very much sick of the constant snubbing of IRELAND in international matches.

The title of the Lions, is the Great Britain and IRELAND Lions and Brian Carney represents IRELAND.

I think it is a disgrace that the poor man plays his heart out for the jersey but has to stand there and listen to God Save the Queen and no Irish anthem is played.

There should also be green present in the jersey.

Oh well guess they are stupidly breaking up into home nations in the future anyway...

Poor old Brian... Poor old Ireland.

At least the mighty Irish smashed the Welsh on the weekend!
im with you diehard.
its a good idea to add green.
i agree.poor carney and ireland. thats a bit silly.
the irish anthem at the very least should be done

patrick
31-10-06, 09:42 AM
The less Irish the better
That's very harsh Lee. :') It's just like the rugby union equivalent of the Lions. Brian's one of your best players.

im with you diehard.
its a good idea to add green.
i agree.poor carney and ireland. thats a bit silly.
the irish anthem at the very least should be done
Yeah, I'd love to hear Ireland's Call at Aussie Stadium! :p

Boofhead
31-10-06, 03:41 PM
Poor old Ireland. :emp:

hugebrianfan
04-11-06, 12:56 PM
yea it must upset BriaN Carney to stand there and listen to The British National Anthem!! Yea put something Irish in the team...like a bit of green or clover o something like that!! Im sure they'll be future Irish Players in the Great Britian team so yea they need to recognise the irish people too...Brian plays his heart out and theres no symbol or anything to represent him

The Dave
05-11-06, 06:16 AM
Yeah, I'd love to hear Ireland's Call at Aussie Stadium! :p
I'd prefer Amhr?inn na BhFiann :clap:

patrick
05-11-06, 05:54 PM
I'd prefer Amhr?inn na BhFiann :clap:
Yeah mate!

It was great last night when God Save The Queen was being sung, and they went through the line of players, and Brian had his head down!
Good onya mate! :clap:

The Dave
05-11-06, 08:46 PM
Yeah mate!

It was great last night when God Save The Queen was being sung, and they went through the line of players, and Brian had his head down!
Good onya mate! :clap:
I for one always change the channel or put the telly on mute when that comes on :p

patrick
05-11-06, 08:49 PM
I for one always change the channel or put the telly on mute when that comes on :p
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
:rotflmao:

GO IRELAND! :)

Poida
05-11-06, 09:43 PM
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
:rotflmao:

GO IRELAND! :)
agreed :laugh: :laugh:

Future Star
07-11-06, 08:09 PM
I have irish blood in me, I dream of playing for the Lions one day, and I know i'd want them to sing the Irish Anthem.

Go THE IRISH!

~Wild Child~
07-11-06, 08:20 PM
I have irish in me, I dream of playing for the Lions one day, and I know i'd want them to sing the Irish Anthem.

Go THE IRISH!
Welcome fellow Irishperson :D Have fun and enjoy the forums :D

Poida
07-11-06, 08:23 PM
I have irish blood in me, I dream of playing for the Lions one day, and I know i'd want them to sing the Irish Anthem.

Go THE IRISH!
welcome fellow irishman :):)

The Dave
08-11-06, 05:41 AM
YAY I ain't the only one :beer:

Poida
08-11-06, 09:11 AM
:) :) :) :) i take ur another one :) :) :clap:

~Wild Child~
08-11-06, 12:07 PM
The more the merrier :purdy:

hugebrianfan
18-11-06, 03:56 PM
hey yea when Great Britian had their national anthem sang Carney had his head down...its so sad

Future Star
18-11-06, 05:04 PM
hey yea when Great Britian had their national anthem sang Carney had his head down...its so sad

it wasnt sad - it was awesome.

Stick it to the man my Irish Brudda.

patrick
18-11-06, 06:56 PM
I'm one of the proudest Australians you will know, but I am also proud of my Irish heritage! We've got a good Irish contingent on this forum!!! :clap:

Yeah, it's not sad when Brian holds his head down during the national anthem! :)
But it is sad that he won't be playing tonight... :(

The Dave
19-11-06, 02:52 AM
So where in Irl are yer relies (ye) from boyos?

~lee~
19-11-06, 03:12 AM
Wow the only place ive seen so many Irish together before is at the pub.

I will still prefer it when we split to home nations, England is self sufficient enough not to need outside help, im sure the irish ones here hate cheering on English players too?

The Dave
20-11-06, 12:27 AM
Wow the only place ive seen so many Irish together before is at the pub.

I will still prefer it when we split to home nations, England is self sufficient enough not to need outside help, im sure the irish ones here hate cheering on English players too?
I bet on engl*nd to beat S.A. in raa raa cos I got ok odds (felt sick though "kinda" cheering them on) :sick: