PDA

View Full Version : name your future austalian captain

ridgey
17-10-05, 04:41 PM
well let's travel forward in time say 5 to 10 years,who do you guy's and gals think will have the (C) next to their name for the mighty ROOS!

my choice would be dean young.

Steelers
17-10-05, 04:43 PM
5 years - Buderus (not sure how old he is) or Scott Prince
10 years - Dean Young or Tim Smith

DeeGan
17-10-05, 05:07 PM
The future Australian captain? Good topic.

Darren Lockyer is there for at least 4 or 5 more years IMO, so after him I would give it to the guy who replaces him as QLD captain, Melbourne's Cameron Smith who will hopefully get the nod down in Melbourne for 2006.

Cheers

DeeGan

PARANoIR
17-10-05, 05:18 PM
Robbie Farah should be the next Australian hooker, can't see Smith getting the captaincy.

I reckon someone like John Sutton or Jamie Soward will captain Australia.

Inferno
17-10-05, 05:20 PM
I'd throw Hindmarsh's name in the mix as well. He's only 26 and will be around for at least another 5 or 6 years.

He'll be the only real "experienced" backrower once Fitzgibbon and Kennedy are gone which won't be too far away.

Super Cronk
17-10-05, 05:23 PM
Robbie Farah should be the next Australian hooker, can't see Smith getting the captaincy.

lol...you would have farrah over cam smith as captain? :eek: :eek: :eek: thank god you arent a selector.

I do agree with deegan for a number of reasons. Cam smith has an excellent and i mean excellent footy brain esp for a young player...in his first year he was nothing but class. He has a real leadership quality about him...he has no problems at all leading senior or juniors around. He will get the job for melbourne in 2006 and will show what he can do as captain.

DeeGan
17-10-05, 05:23 PM

It is all speculative either way isn't it at this point of time.

Cameron Smith is 23 y.o. from memory and is already somewhat of an Origin veteran, he will contend for any future Australian team when Buderus is gone that is for sure.

Smith is a definite candidate for QLD captaincy after Lockyer and will be right amongst when Lockyer is gone.

As I said, I hope Smith is given the captaincy at Melbourne which will put him in good stead for future chances at rep level.

DeeGan

PARANoIR
17-10-05, 05:50 PM
lol...you would have farrah over cam smith as captain? :eek: :eek: :eek: thank god you arent a selector.

Explain to me exactly where I said that I would have Robbie Farah as captain?

I agree that Smith will be in for the QLD captaincy after Lockyer. But I think Prince and Thurston willl be in with a look in as well.

Steelers
17-10-05, 05:53 PM
Prince will be future QLD captain IMO

Sharks
17-10-05, 06:13 PM
Prince will be future QLD captain IMO

Yeah no doubt he will be QLD and Aust Captain in a few years.Not only a great rolemodel on the feild,but off the feild what his been through in his life and what he has achieved since is inspiring to any sports fan.A great leader!

Friend
17-10-05, 08:10 PM
Cam Smith will most likely get the Roos Captain in the next 5-10yrs.

Christabella
17-10-05, 08:18 PM
It is all speculative either way isn't it at this point of time.

Cameron Smith is 23 y.o. from memory and is already somewhat of an Origin veteran, he will contend for any future Australian team when Buderus is gone that is for sure.

Smith is a definite candidate for QLD captaincy after Lockyer and will be right amongst when Lockyer is gone.

As I said, I hope Smith is given the captaincy at Melbourne which will put him in good stead for future chances at rep level.

DeeGan

He isn't even 23 yet ... he makes me feel old. He turned 22 during this years Origin series.
But I agree with every word you have said, he was the vice captain this year and as such you would expect that he will be next in line after Lockyer.

Hindy_Magic
17-10-05, 08:39 PM
I reckon Ben smith he make a good captain.

Super Cronk
17-10-05, 08:59 PM
Explain to me exactly where I said that I would have Robbie Farah as captain?

I agree that Smith will be in for the QLD captaincy after Lockyer. But I think Prince and Thurston willl be in with a look in as well.

my apologies you said "Robbie Farah should be the next Australian hooker, can't see Smith getting the captaincy." but you did say cant see smith getting it. Then below that you said sutton or soward....smith would still be in before them.