PDA

View Full Version : Norths Still Going Strong

Dakink
14-10-05, 09:27 AM
North Sydney Open Trials A Great Success

13/10/2005
Foundation and stand alone club North Sydney have attracted record numbers to their annual open trials in preparation for the 2006 season. In a strong indication of the future of league on the North Shore over 2 thirds of the 470 registrations were for the junior grades. "Very happy with the quality. There were some big units out there that performed well in the conditions" said S. G. Ball coach Michael Pobjie. While Jersey Flegg Coach Steve Carter had similar thoughts "Yes very happy, lots of talent to choose from".

Very warm midday weather made it a hard day at the office for many players but General Manager Greg Florimo's debriefing after each game gave an indication of his appreciation, "Good effort out there today, It's very hot, summer conditions and it's off season so your fitness is probably down, but you performed very well today".

Overwhelmed by the turn up the club will now conduct further invited trials next Sunday for both the S. G. Ball and Jersey Flegg teams, while selected Harold Matthews players will be invited for further training before a final trial in November. For details of times locations and invited players please go to the 2006 trials information page of the Bears website

http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Information/Registration.htm

The North Sydney Bears are still alive and kicking and perhaps working towards another Central Coast bid in the future??

Do you think They should relocate to the CC to get the license or, as I believe, the CC should be a new venture like the Titans with the Bears as a feeder similar to Newtown and Roosters. That way North Sydney retains a league presence rather than an hour up the road at CC.

The Original Idiot
14-10-05, 02:48 PM
I think they will bpth eventually get a team. The Central coast isn't in northern Sydney.

Christabella
15-10-05, 12:14 AM
*wondres how long until Girvie sees this, it seems the slightest mention of North Sydney online and he's there in a flash* LOL

Anyhow the Central Coast didn't accept Norths before and I doubt they will accept them any time in the foreseable future.

With such a huge junior base and a big NRL following the Central Coast could support its own team it is but what it needs is a team built from the ground up rather than an exisiting club relocated into the area.

I don't know where that would leave Norths though the feeder club situation would work as they are already a feeder club the problem is the players struggle to progress due to the fact they are a feeder side for Melbourne. If they were to link up with the Central Coast it would be much easier for them to retain their players.

However if this goes ahead in the next few years I wonder then where the NSW based Storm fringe first graders will go when they aren't getting a run in Melbourne.

The Original Idiot
15-10-05, 03:25 PM
^Ah, come on. How can the Central Coast support their own team. Unless it is a one-off match, the stadium never has more than 10,000 in it. The team playing there will move or end up like the Storm.

Christabella
15-10-05, 03:33 PM
There is one major difference between Melbourne and I already mentioned it: juniors.
I know a fair number of people who live in the area have a huge interest in league but they already have their chosen NRL teams so they don't come out to support the others that's why relocating Norths didn't work. When games are moved there many of the crowd are those who have travelled up from Sydney.

The Original Idiot
15-10-05, 03:40 PM
The facts are simple: if they can't get at least 10,000 people on average a game, the NRL will give up on it and declare it a waste of money. Signs don't look good.

Hindy_Magic
15-10-05, 07:47 PM
i would go for them i use to go em and parra but when they got axed.

Steelers
16-10-05, 01:43 AM
i would go for them i use to go em and parra but when they got axed.

They were my dad's second team, and funnily enough my dad is a Parra supporter too.

girvie
16-10-05, 04:31 PM
North Sydney Open Trials A Great Success

13/10/2005
Foundation and stand alone club North Sydney have attracted record numbers to their annual open trials in preparation for the 2006 season. In a strong indication of the future of league on the North Shore over 2 thirds of the 470 registrations were for the junior grades. "Very happy with the quality. There were some big units out there that performed well in the conditions" said S. G. Ball coach Michael Pobjie. While Jersey Flegg Coach Steve Carter had similar thoughts "Yes very happy, lots of talent to choose from".

Very warm midday weather made it a hard day at the office for many players but General Manager Greg Florimo's debriefing after each game gave an indication of his appreciation, "Good effort out there today, It's very hot, summer conditions and it's off season so your fitness is probably down, but you performed very well today".

Overwhelmed by the turn up the club will now conduct further invited trials next Sunday for both the S. G. Ball and Jersey Flegg teams, while selected Harold Matthews players will be invited for further training before a final trial in November. For details of times locations and invited players please go to the 2006 trials information page of the Bears website

http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Information/Registration.htm

The North Sydney Bears are still alive and kicking and perhaps working towards another Central Coast bid in the future??
The Bears still want to be readmitted to the NRL as the Central Coast Bears.

*wondres how long until Girvie sees this, it seems the slightest mention of North Sydney online and he's there in a flash* LOL
lol

i would go for them i use to go em and parra but when they got axed. You can still support them now. You can sign up as a member if you want here: http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Bears%20Club/Membership.htm

Eel 33
17-10-05, 11:58 AM
They were never accepted on the CC because they merged with the Scum errr Manly. I remember during the last season at North Sydney Oval when the Bears were doing their research, a lot of ppl said they would travel up there to the games. But when the clubs true finances were revealed, the only way to survive was to merge. We all knew that was signing the death warrant for the Bears.

I'm a Parra supporter, but always had the bears as my "soft spot" side. I was dissappointed to see them kicked out. I believe they will be back in the NRL within the next 10 years. They will be based on the CC, and will have the full backing of the CC community and their long suffering fans from the North Shore.

When that happens, i'm gunna have to choose between the Titans and the Bears, or am I? :p

Cliffy GC
17-10-05, 12:04 PM
They were never accepted on the CC because they merged with the Scum errr Manly. I remember during the last season at North Sydney Oval when the Bears were doing their research, a lot of ppl said they would travel up there to the games. But when the clubs true finances were revealed, the only way to survive was to merge. We all knew that was signing the death warrant for the Bears.

I'm a Parra supporter, but always had the bears as my "soft spot" side. I was dissappointed to see them kicked out. I believe they will be back in the NRL within the next 10 years. They will be based on the CC, and will have the full backing of the CC community and their long suffering fans from the North Shore.

When that happens, i'm gunna have to choose between the Titans and the Bears, or am I? :p

ah ah ah i cant abuse my mod powers :P hahahah i wish i could with this post.

fancy callin manly scum

but then again what would u expect from a squeels fan :D (joke)

nah the bears stuffed up moving too early
had they stayed at bear park in 1999 with a planned move to gosford in 2000 the would of been fine.

But they did have some fools in the back office all of which are no where to be found now days.

Norths need some leadership

Mike Gibbons did the bid no good taking pot shots at the gold coast bid and putting our bid down.

Eel 33
17-10-05, 03:04 PM
I know what yr on about CliffyGC. It's nothing personal, its team history, its all good.

True, there was a lot of hush hush in the back offices, and that now results in no team existing in the first grade competition.
Im sure they're moving in the right direction now, just need to see the proof and bid for the next licence, whenever that may be.