PDA

View Full Version : Dragons to calm Paulini's lover

Grimmace
19-09-06, 03:56 PM
Dragons to calm Paulini's lover
By Sydney Confidential

September 19, 2006 12:00

ST George Illawarra is to counsel winger Wes Naiqama after he was involved in another public row with celebrity girlfriend Paulini Curuenavuli.

Naiqama, 23, was in a Double Bay establishment when he had an argument with the former Australian Idol contestant.

The Daily Telegraph understands Naiqama punched a wall during the drama.

Dragons officials are desperately hoping the incident will not affect the winger, who is preparing for Saturday's elimination semi-final against Melbourne at Telstra Stadium.

It is understood the Dragons and Paulini's management met last week to discuss the couple's volatile relationship.

Naiqama will not be fined or dropped for this weekend's match ? but club chief executive Peter Doust is worried about his behaviour.

"Young people have these issues from time to time," Doust said. "We have to try and consider all the circumstances. We want Wes to ensure he understands how he can manage these personal issues and how he should deal with them."

The pair split in July after the Dragons launched an investigation into Naiqama's actions at Paulini's insistence.

Police were called to a late-night dispute between the two outside a city nightclub only a week later.

Naiqama allegedly waited for the Young Divas singer outside the Gas Nightclub and launched into a tirade of verbal abuse in front of a crowd of shocked onlookers after he was booted out for being drunk.

However he has since been in superb form on the field and will play a key role in the premiership favourite's push for a grand final spot on Saturday.

Source: Daily Telegraph

Steelers
19-09-06, 04:01 PM
I hope it doesn't affect him come game day, we need everything to be going right for us Saturday night. And I hope he can work out his off field issues asap :)

Hoppy2007Dragons
19-09-06, 05:00 PM
i don't think they are meant to be and should part after resolving any issues. But Naiqama leave that anger for the oppostion.

Rayzr
19-09-06, 05:40 PM
He should calm down more . So should all those other incidents players have.

TITANS007
20-09-06, 08:03 AM
I hope Paulini has the sense to dump this hot head for good. She is beautiful and talented and deserves someone who will respect her and not abuse her. Disgraceful on his behalf. I hope the Dragons get him some visits to a psychiatrist before it's too late!

zacaroo
20-09-06, 03:05 PM
Maybe a fight if he has anger in him during the game this weekend?

Hoppy2007Dragons
20-09-06, 04:45 PM
Well Paulini openly qoutes that there is no violence and that she loves him very much, punching the war does sound violent, but some men vent frustration through violence eg punching bag or walls, it may be harder for him being from fiji to maybe communicate his feelings properly, with a slight language barrier, so he probably gets very frustrated, its better than hitting her IMO,

Still i agree some professional help would be good for him.

Sounds like a one off to me.