PDA

View Full Version : Davis Cup who will win??

Titan_Matchu
14-09-06, 08:57 AM
Ok so heres the situation the tennis Davis Cup semi finals is coming up on the 22nd of September, Now the countries that are still in the Davis Cup are Australia (of course), Argentina, Russia and USA. Australia has to go over to Argentina and play Argentina who are dubbed their arch rivals because of an incident in last years Davis Cup in Australia where Lleyton Hewitt made some gestures to the Argentines that weren't exactly text book but so did the other guy Lleyton was playing. Also Lleyton Hewitt was voted by the public in Argentina to be the 5th hated sports person in the world. Now Australia's team consists of Lleyton Hewitt(Ranked 15), Mark Phillipoussis(Ranked 80), Wayne Arthurs(Ranked 36 in doubles) Paul Hanley(Ranked 7 in doubles). Argentina's team consists of David Nalbandian(Ranked 7), Jose Acasuso (Ranked 23), Augustin Calleri(Ranked 25), Juan Ignacio Chela(Ranked 29)
I know it looks bad on paper our chances of winning but I don't know why maybe it's the Australian fighting spirit but theres something telling me there gonna pull a socceroos and suprise the world by winning. What do you guys think??

P.S: I got my tennis semi finals this weekend wish me luck

Hoppy2007Dragons
14-09-06, 11:10 AM
yeah i agree with ya, Australia always fight the hardest when everyone expects them to lie down and play dead.

ps. Wayne Arthurs is a champ, he will do us proud.

Titan_Matchu
14-09-06, 06:27 PM
yeah somethings just telling me that Australia will win

SuperCliffy#01
15-09-06, 04:50 PM
Who cares it is tennis.cya. :p

jenny
15-09-06, 05:56 PM
Ok so heres the situation the tennis Davis Cup semi finals is coming up on the 22nd of September, Now the countries that are still in the Davis Cup are Australia (of course), Argentina, Russia and USA. Australia has to go over to Argentina and play Argentina who are dubbed their arch rivals because of an incident in last years Davis Cup in Australia where Lleyton Hewitt made some gestures to the Argentines that weren't exactly text book but so did the other guy Lleyton was playing. Also Lleyton Hewitt was voted by the public in Argentina to be the 5th hated sports person in the world. Now Australia's team consists of Lleyton Hewitt(Ranked 15), Mark Phillipoussis(Ranked 80), Wayne Arthurs(Ranked 36 in doubles) Paul Hanley(Ranked 7 in doubles). Argentina's team consists of David Nalbandian(Ranked 7), Jose Acasuso (Ranked 23), Augustin Calleri(Ranked 25), Juan Ignacio Chela(Ranked 29)
I know it looks bad on paper our chances of winning but I don't know why maybe it's the Australian fighting spirit but theres something telling me there gonna pull a socceroos and suprise the world by winning. What do you guys think??

P.S: I got my tennis semi finals this weekend wish me luck
Good Luck ;) :win:

Titan_Matchu
17-09-06, 08:11 AM
Good Luck ;) :win:

thanx i ended up losing by two games. but I had to play on clay and it was like the third time I had ever played on clay but I did win my singles when I was down 4-1 came back to win 6-5 in the tie break the score was 7-0.