10.Steve Price - New Zealand Warriors
9.Danny Buderus - Newcastle Knights
8.Petero Civoniceva - Brisbane Broncos

Interchange:

Jason Ryles - St George Illawarra
Andrew Ryan - Bulldogs
Trent Waterhouse - Penrith Panthers
Craig Gower - Penrith Panthers

i didnt know weather i should put it in the tri nations thread or not..if so jsut move it there.

Dakink
11-10-05, 12:09 PM
Its lucky that we have the players to cover Bennett's favourites. Tait?? Please...

Petero could also consider himself lucky I wish Bennett would retire before he does to Aus what he is doing to Brisbane. We will still win with the pure class of Johns and Lockyer but he hasnt he learnt his little buddies arent performing...

Teegy
11-10-05, 12:12 PM
Wheres Bailey,Barrett and Cooper? very questionable selections(Tate,Gower, Waterhouse and Ryan) Odonnell in run on side??????????????

Super Cronk
11-10-05, 12:18 PM
Its lucky that we have the players to cover Bennett's favourites. Tait?? Please...

Petero could also consider himself lucky I wish Bennett would retire before he does to Aus what he is doing to Brisbane. We will still win with the pure class of Johns and Lockyer but he hasnt he learnt his little buddies arent performing...

I think he made some good decisions and some not so good ones.

Leaving mason out and putting O'donnel in was a good one, mason hasnt really played alot of footy nor alot of good footy.

I like the backs i think thats a very strong backline..i would have had cooper over tate tho and thats about it. Tahu and king on the wings is good both are very good under the high ball and both are extremely hard to stop near the line. Minichello will go good he always does. Gasnier has played some outstanding footy and deserves to be there aswell.

The forwards are big but i reckon they are a bit more mobile then the GB side or even the NZ side. Im not a fan of petro Civoniceva tho..he doesnt seem to do anything out of the ordinary he is usually a ghost when i see him, a passenger! Waterhouse? i dont know how he got there. And ryles will need to improve on his form. Surprised to see gower in for barret tho. I didnt want barret in the team but i didnt think they would go gower over him.

GT_Titan
11-10-05, 01:00 PM
1.Anthony Minichiello - Sydney Roosters
2.Timana Tahu - Parramatta Eels
3.Brent Tate - Brisbane Broncos
4.Mark Gasnier - St George Illawarra
5.Matt King - Melbourne Storm
6.Darren Lockyer (c) - Brisbane Broncos
7.Andrewm Johns - Newcastle Knights
13.Ben Kennedy - Manly Sea Eagles
12.Craig Fitzgibbon - Sydney Roosters
11.Luke O?Donnell - Nth Qld Cowboys
10.Steve Price - New Zealand Warriors
9.Danny Buderus - Newcastle Knights
8.Petero Civoniceva - Brisbane Broncos

Interchange:

Jason Ryles - St George Illawarra
Andrew Ryan - Bulldogs
Trent Waterhouse - Penrith Panthers
Craig Gower - Penrith Panthers

There are a few dubious inclusions here. Namely the ones already mentioned on the previous posts. I'm sure it will cause alot of discussion. Either way we should still win easily with class players like Locky & Johns in our side. Still I think that form players should be picked in the side not just players who have been there and done it b4.

Super Cronk
11-10-05, 01:18 PM
the NZ team is:

1. Brent Webb
2. Jake Webster
3. Paul Whatuira
4. Clinton Toopi
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Nigel Vagana
7. Stacey Jones
8. Paul Rauhihi
9. Lance Hohaia
10. Ruben Wiki (c)
11. David Kidwell
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Louis Anderson

Interchange: David Faiumu, Roy Asotasi, Nathan Cayless, David Solomona.

..::Coops::..
11-10-05, 02:41 PM
Wheres Bailey,Barrett and Cooper? very questionable selections(Tate,Gower, Waterhouse and Ryan) Odonnell in run on side??????????????

cooper probs not there cos of his hamstring - that's only reason i can think 4 why tate was chosen over him.
I would have had barrett instead of gower definantely . can barrett play hooker?? if he can't maybe that's why they put gower in - to cover teh halves and dummy half??

The Original Idiot
11-10-05, 03:02 PM
New Zealand would do a lot better with their SL players. The rules should be changed.

Teegy
11-10-05, 03:35 PM
Barrett could cover hooker IMO. I wouldn't have choosen a rookie to start like they did with O?Donnell as he hasnt even played at SOO level

Inferno
11-10-05, 05:06 PM
tate?

Come on, he doesn't even make centre at the Broncos when Hodges and Berrigan are fit. If anything King should be in the centres with tate on the wing.

ridgey
11-10-05, 05:07 PM

bailey withdrew from the tri nations a few weeks ago with some sort of middle ear problem he suffers from,and cooper was struggling with a hamstring i think.

PARANoIR
11-10-05, 05:08 PM
Gower, Petero, Ryan, Tait? Bah! I knew they'd pick Gower ahead of Barrett. Thats a farce.

Steelers
11-10-05, 08:50 PM
Waterhouse! Tate! Ryan! Gower! Seven-cents-a-litre! What are these Aus selectors and Wayne Bennett on??? Get rid of the Bronco loving Bennett NOW! I mean come on, some of these guys don't even deserve to play SOO at the moment!

Super Cronk
11-10-05, 09:37 PM
Waterhouse! Tate! Ryan! Gower! Seven-cents-a-litre! What are these Aus selectors and Wayne Bennett on??? Get rid of the Bronco loving Bennett NOW! I mean come on, some of these guys don't even deserve to play SOO at the moment!

I think cooper had a niggling injury thats why he wasnt picked. Tate is the next in line...he will do the job fine has done it before and has played well this year.

Waterhouse shouldnt be there...i dont know who he paid off to get in the team. I dont like barrett so im glad he isnt there, but gower?

Teegy
12-10-05, 06:35 AM
Cooper has been picked in the Australian Invitational Team to play NZ A

Super Cronk
12-10-05, 12:29 PM
Cooper has been picked in the Australian Invitational Team to play NZ A

Hmmm....then i dont know how tate got in over him.

Steelers
12-10-05, 03:09 PM
Hmmm....then i dont know how tate got in over him.

Well it is quite simple really. Bennett was picking his Bronco 'favourites'. Not surprising.

I bet if Hodges was in the squad, he would get in over Gasnier :p lol

kazza broncos chick
12-10-05, 06:01 PM
Yeah well hodges was in the sqaud but not considered cus he is injured, same with Bailey and Hindmarsh.
Tate has played well in the games that he has played this year, finished the end of the season way better than Berrigan, thats why Berrigan missed out.He is good in defence and has the combination with Lockyer. He WILL NOT let the Aussies down

Dakink
12-10-05, 08:12 PM
May not let them down but wouldnt be there on form if it wasnt for Bennett's old boys club.

Coaster
12-10-05, 08:38 PM
Hate to bring Stats into the forum again, but there interesting.

Tates 18 games this year
Offloads 16
Kicks 10
Try Assists 7
Line Breaks 12
Hit ups 229
Meters gained 2313
Dummy half runs 55

Coopers 20 games this season
Offloads 9
Kicks 3
Try Assists 3
Line Breaks 12
Hit ups 156
Meters gained 1711
Dummy half runs 41

But like Barret we cant count these obvious facts, we should use our unbiased opinions :rolleyes:

kazza broncos chick
12-10-05, 08:52 PM
Nah well that just proves my point, Tate is in better form than Cooper and thats the reason he was picked

Super Cronk
12-10-05, 10:38 PM
Hate to bring Stats into the forum again, but there interesting.

Tates 18 games this year
Offloads 16
Kicks 10
Try Assists 7
Line Breaks 12
Hit ups 229
Meters gained 2313
Dummy half runs 55

Coopers 20 games this season
Offloads 9
Kicks 3
Try Assists 3
Line Breaks 12
Hit ups 156
Meters gained 1711
Dummy half runs 41

But like Barret we cant count these obvious facts, we should use our unbiased opinions :rolleyes:

hehehe....normally i dont agree with using stats coz stats dont give you a real indication of the players form and at what time he has hit that form. But in this case all of the important stats far out way cooper's stats....and ive always said that tate has had a good year...i just think coopers back end of the year was better. both players will do the job...

Teegy
13-10-05, 06:22 AM
Stats can Proven what we want them to prove. so IMO stats don't prove anything

Inferno
13-10-05, 06:57 AM
exactly right Teegy. Stats don't show form at all.

Look at David Simmons from the sharks. Highest try scorer of the year but Most of you wouldn't him in the team.

If Tate was such a good centre why was he playing on the wing for the Broncos?

Fact is if Tate wasn't a Bronco he probably wouldn't have made the train on Squad let alone 17.

Teegy
13-10-05, 07:03 AM
How many of those 18 games were played on the wing. how about Missed Tackles, Errors, Penalties conceded and Trys.

Inferno
13-10-05, 07:08 AM
Btw if you want to compare Stats compare these.

Tates 18 games this year
Offloads 16
Kicks 10
Try Assists 7
Line Breaks 12
Hit ups 229
Meters gained 2313
Dummy half runs 55
Errors 29
Mistackles 37

King 23 games this year
Offloads 12
Kicks 8
Try Assists 6
Line Breaks 17
Hit ups 288
Meters gained 2782
Dummy half runs 78
Errors 18
Mistackles 41

Bell 26 games this year
Offloads 17
Kicks 10
Try Assists 3
Line Breaks 25
Hit ups 295
Meters gained 2863
Dummy half runs 79
Errors 14
Mistackles 26

Yet do you think King or Bell was even considered for centre?

Steelers
13-10-05, 07:14 AM
Btw if you want to compare Stats compare these.

Tates 18 games this year
Offloads 16
Kicks 10
Try Assists 7
Line Breaks 12
Hit ups 229
Meters gained 2313
Dummy half runs 55
Errors 29
Mistackles 37

King 23 games this year
Offloads 12
Kicks 8
Try Assists 6
Line Breaks 17
Hit ups 288
Meters gained 2782
Dummy half runs 78
Errors 18
Mistackles 41

Bell 26 games this year
Offloads 17
Kicks 10
Try Assists 3
Line Breaks 25
Hit ups 295
Meters gained 2863
Dummy half runs 79
Errors 14
Mistackles 26

Yet do you think King or Bell was even considered for centre?

Funny how you have yet to show Cooper's stats in defence. Cooper is one of the best defending centres in the game, and im just about sure stats would just further prove my point. But stats are not a base for form.

Inferno
13-10-05, 07:20 AM
I wasn't showing Coopers Stats at all. I think he should be in the team over Tate.

All Im saying is the stat arguement isin't good enough for Tate to be in the team because there are players with better stats than him.

But just for the hell of it

Cooper
Tackles 315
Mistackles 33
Tries 13

Tate
Tackles 268
Mistackles 37
Tries 7

Coaster
13-10-05, 04:02 PM
Nobody is debating for Bell, or King, they are debating for Cooper.

My point is that people who are surrounded by a biased Sydney StGeorge media, have been corrupted that Barrett and Cooper are the best thing since sliced bread.

Im simply showing that Tate has had a good year, and he doesnt deserve the flack he has been coping for regaining his test jumper.

I wouldnt be upset if Cooper made the side over him, but he didnt.

So Congradulations Brent Tate. :D

Inferno
14-10-05, 06:51 AM
Nobody is debating for Bell, or King, they are debating for Cooper.

Im not argueing that either. All Im saying is that stats can't have been used to justify his selection because there are centres with better stats than him. He has done the job in the past and will probably have a solid game but I think its hard to argue that he wasn't given any favouritism.

That said good luck to him.