PDA

View Full Version : Robina Stadium

HodgoBerro
11-01-06, 01:12 PM
Hi does anyone know when the construction will commence and end??

..::Coops::..
11-01-06, 01:30 PM
Exact dates i don't know, but this is what was on the titans website

"ROBINA

The Gold Coast Titans new home at Robina will be ready for the 2008 season.
The Major Sports Facilities Association (MSFA) will select a design toward the end of 2005, with construction to start soon after. "

Kingytek
15-03-06, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know if construction has started as in they started marking out the land and developing any part of it?

MOPL
16-03-06, 12:17 PM
Hi does anyone know when the construction will commence and end??
I live up the road and for the last 5 months there has been workers using heavy earth equipment, guys taking measurements etc so they it can't be far away. Mayybe they are waiting on a final design

Moejoe
16-03-06, 12:46 PM
Being that the stadium is being built on flood plains the need to take the time to build the land up to avoid future troubles... The next phaze im sure will be setting up a good drainage system in the event of heavy rain...

At a guess with a 2008 deadline I would expect to see construction on the stadium its self around August/September this year.

Coaster
16-03-06, 06:29 PM
80% of the build is the foundation

There will be a lot of concrete ect to pour and harden, and a lot of earth works. Once the foundation is right, it shouldnt take too long to constuct the rest

lonegull
16-03-06, 07:49 PM
the plans shown on the home page look pretty impressive but all the works in the foundations just hope there on time for 2008

shavenjas
16-03-06, 08:24 PM
This should have been ready for 2007 Carrara may be a killer for the first season, it is the worst ground i have ever watched football at.

The Original Idiot
16-03-06, 10:11 PM
^ It takes time to build a 25000 seater stadium you know. The government didn't propose the stadium that long back.

shavenjas
16-03-06, 10:52 PM
^ It takes time to build a 25000 seater stadium you know. The government didn't propose the stadium that long back.
Ok i will say it would have been good if it was ready for 2007, new club new stadium would have been great, i just think people will lose interest quickly with Carrara it is a shocking place to watch footy

Queenslander
17-03-06, 05:31 PM
There have been reports that the stadium might be ready mid way during 2007; if that was the case I dont think it would be viable to move a couple of games from Cararra to Robina. If the Titans were to make the finals next year and get a home final we could possibly see the first use of Robina. But if the Titans were to make the finals in 07 I think they would use Suncorp Stadium.

lonegull
17-03-06, 05:59 PM
Wouldnt that be good the opening of the new stadium for a semi final so good to me :beer:

Eel 33
19-03-06, 09:57 AM
Imagine this headline on the front page of the GC Bulletin:
"Downpour causes flooding during semi-final."
Hopefully this doesn't happen!!!

Kingytek
21-04-06, 03:24 PM
Today I had to go to Robina so I thought I'd check out the Stadium site. This morning I saw some surveyors having a look at the site. The gates were open and they were inside checking it out. Shouldn't be too long and we should be in Business. Below are a couple of pics I was able to take from my phone. It doesn't show much, but as a Titans supporter it may seem significant.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/kingtek/gcts2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/kingtek/gcts1.jpg

I was working in Milton when Suncorp was getting developed and my IT Dept basically had a birds eye view of suncorp, it was good to watch the daily progress of the site and hopefully we should be able to bring more pics at a later stage. Watch this space!

HodgoBerro
21-04-06, 03:34 PM
i hope those steel gates are not going to be there when its finished! :D :D

DIEHARD
21-04-06, 04:16 PM
Looks good Kingy thanks for those pictures. Keep them coming.

Queenslander
21-04-06, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the pics Kingytek......they show the foundation of rugby league history!

lonegull
23-04-06, 11:19 AM
THANKS Kingytek wow its all starting to happen

Dakink
23-04-06, 12:28 PM
THANKS Kingytek wow its all starting to happen

Maybe we should start a little Time Capsule idea, with the early newsclippings, photos etc and add to it with pics and so on as the stadium gets built.

I cant get pics regularly, but if people want to get info to me Ill happily collate and write a little booklet on the history of the Titans creation...

The Original Idiot
23-04-06, 12:54 PM
Does anyone have those pics from the Courier Mail article yesterday?

Kingytek
23-04-06, 01:32 PM
Does anyone have those pics from the Courier Mail article yesterday?

what were they of?

The Original Idiot
23-04-06, 03:52 PM
what were they of?
What is the thread title? Obviously they were plans of Robina stadium, I have not seen them before but others on this forum may have, shows an overhead map of what the stadium and surrounds will look like when ready.

Kingytek
23-04-06, 06:20 PM
What is the thread title? Obviously they were plans of Robina stadium, I have not seen them before but others on this forum may have, shows an overhead map of what the stadium and surrounds will look like when ready.

I was guessing due to the lack of description. So they were photo's of the artists impressions?

The Original Idiot
23-04-06, 06:51 PM
artists impressions

DIEHARD
24-06-06, 11:50 AM
(Compliments colonel_123)

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/External%20Aerial.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/External%20Aerial%202.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/External%20Roof.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/Internal.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/Stand%20Structure.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/Internal%20Stand.pdf

Enjoy.

Queenslander
24-06-06, 12:06 PM
(Compliments colonel_123)

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/External%20Aerial.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/External%20Aerial%202.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/External%20Roof.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/Internal.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/Stand%20Structure.pdf

http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/Internal%20Stand.pdf

Enjoy.

Thanks for the pics. However every time I see photos/designs of the stadium the more I worry about the capacity. Will it actually be enough?

However looking at the designs it seems that it would be easy for any expansion to occur.

qld power
24-06-06, 12:10 PM
omg great pics there diehard what a funky roof design

DIEHARD
24-06-06, 12:11 PM
However looking at the designs it seems that it would be easy for any expansion to occur.

My thoughts exactly.

I want light blue and gold seats. It'd got to happen.

qld power
24-06-06, 12:23 PM
whats the capaticy hope its at least 20 000 minum

Teegy
24-06-06, 01:02 PM
i think its 25,000 capacity. but it will need to be bigger in the future IMO

Steve Dangerous
24-06-06, 04:16 PM
thanks diehard.

that looks just brilliant.

I know peope are pondering over the capacity... but looking at those pics, can you imagine the atmosphere of a fullhouse there? so close to the game, and really intimate. it would be electric. having 20,000 at a 50,000 size stadium kills off the intensity of the crowd. but the same number in a stadium like that and it will be amazing. that's my 2c.

Teegy
24-06-06, 04:41 PM
nice pics Diehard. i mgiht use some to make some wallpapers

Steelers
24-06-06, 06:15 PM
WOW this stadium may not be big... but it is perfect! It will be the ultimate suburban stadium for the Titans!

Just Another Member
24-06-06, 09:03 PM
very impressive

Kingytek
25-06-06, 11:10 AM
I know players prefer to play at a full suncorp (50k) then a full Telstra (70k?) because of the way it was designed keeps the fans cheers to seem louder because it's trapped in.
I think 25k is perfect for us and i believe it will be a great stadium to play at....

Steve Dangerous
25-06-06, 03:33 PM
just a note, it has been said that a couple of the years bigger games'll be played at suncorp. so they've thought about the capacity issue, it seems.

Queenslander
25-06-06, 06:51 PM
just a note, it has been said that a couple of the years bigger games'll be played at suncorp. so they've thought about the capacity issue, it seems.

Plus it allows the extended supporter base to keep "in touch" with the Titans too. :)

GoldCoastDogFan
26-06-06, 12:59 PM
would they play the Broncos here or at suncorp? that would probably be the biggest game of the year but too take it up too sucorp would imo just give the broncos another home game

DIEHARD
26-06-06, 08:09 PM
would they play the Broncos here or at suncorp? that would probably be the biggest game of the year but too take it up too sucorp would imo just give the broncos another home game

We might have to take a few dozen buses of Coasters up.

The Original Idiot
27-06-06, 03:40 PM
I suppose if you played at Suncorp but started selling tickets to purely the Gold Coast community beforehand (a simple proof of address check will make sure this goes down well) you can get a majority of Coasters to the game, you'd also have to bus them up like DIEHARD said.

DIEHARD
27-06-06, 11:09 PM
I suppose if you played at Suncorp but started selling tickets to purely the Gold Coast community beforehand (a simple proof of address check will make sure this goes down well) you can get a majority of Coasters to the game, you'd also have to bus them up like DIEHARD said.

Allocate Broncos fans one bay, to let them know who the away team is. :laugh:

Dakink
28-06-06, 09:41 AM
Allocate Broncos fans one bay, to let them know who the away team is. :laugh:

;-)

*Waits for Hb's Protestations*

Teegy
28-06-06, 09:51 AM
not sure wether moving the beig games is a good idea. maybe in the future but are you really going to get more than 20000 Gold coast fans to suncorp. becuase if you cant then it would be better to keep it at robina so the stadium would be full of titan fans instead of half and half

Supergoose
28-06-06, 09:59 AM
It's all about revenue and accessibility. If the Titans think they will make more money out of moving a game to Suncorp - have no fear - it will be. If they predict they will get more fans regardless of their affiliation (ie a game versus the Broncos or Cowboys or even the Dragons) at Suncorp, then it will be moved with incentives for Gold Coast fans especially season ticket holders to get in. This will be part of the Qld Govt deal no doubt.

Kingytek
28-06-06, 10:42 AM
I have confidence in the fact that will make the semi's in the first couple of years. How good would it be to have a sold out home ground semi final!!!!

Also, it was be great to have a semi at suncorp against the broncs!

Dakink
28-06-06, 11:08 AM
Any one have pics of the development?

DIEHARD
28-06-06, 11:38 AM
becuase if you cant then it would be better to keep it at robina so the stadium would be full of titan fans instead of half and half

A sold out Lang Park, hosted by the Titans would be a cash bonanza for the club.

Dakink
28-06-06, 11:48 AM
A sold out Lang Park, hosted by the Titans would be a cash bonanza for the club.

And there is the issue facing most clubs now.

Take the extra cash but lose your home grown ad or keep it at the smaller ground and lose money.

I personally would prefer them to keep it on the coast- the feeling that will be developed locally from a sold out ground is irreplacable

The Original Idiot
28-06-06, 12:14 PM
But if there was enough interest for 40 000 Coasters to head north...

Souths'n'Titans
28-06-06, 12:28 PM
I think there would quite be

DIEHARD
28-06-06, 12:43 PM
I think a lot of effort needs to be undertaken to encourage a mass migration north for the match, so Lang Park is ours for the game.

It'll give the Broncos a real slap in the face. Should be interesting.

Dakink
28-06-06, 12:56 PM

True - but I was thinking more about the feel in the local community. Especially when people get out of Robina and tell evry one how great the ground is and how the atmosphere was etc. Everyone knows Suncorp rocks, having a similiar effect at Robina is what I was aiming for

Supergoose
28-06-06, 01:27 PM
I'm sure that there will be games at Robina that will be sold out that aren't the marquee games scheduled for Suncorp. That experience can then be propogated amongst the community.

SuperCliffy#01
28-06-06, 01:50 PM
The pickies are impressive and all i can say i wish it was at Brookie, also 25,000 is enough remember you may get in good crowds in your first year but there will be a natural drop off in the second and beyond.cya. :?)

Kingytek
18-07-06, 01:02 PM
For those interested in moving or creating a new business to the Robina area may be interested in this website. Perfect for Titan supporters :p
http://www.robina.com.au/stadium_village.html

Staduim Village @ Robina

Robina is proud to be the new home of the NRL on the Gold Coast and the decision to build the Gold Coast's new major sports stadium in Robina reinforces a two decade masterplan for a modern city of commercial, retail, residential and sporting facilities. It's another step forward in the exciting evolution of Robina.

Robina Land Corporation understands that the new stadium must be in a living and vibrant people environment, with piazzas, trees,water, state-of-the-art workplaces and contemporary village communities, alongside entertainment, leisure and hospitality for the whole family. We commit ourselves to working with government, architects and the whole business community to create Stadium Village, a special place where everyone will feel welcome.

We congratulate the Gold Coast Bid Team for winning the NRL licence and bringing it home to Robina!

Kingytek
18-07-06, 01:03 PM
http://www.robina.com.au/FileLibrary/stadiumphoto22june06.jpg

lonegull
18-07-06, 01:06 PM
finally the earth is moving

HodgoBerro
18-07-06, 01:09 PM
jeez they might want to start pulling their finger out.

it might turn into Wembley Stadium 2....

Kingytek
18-07-06, 01:15 PM
It will be good to go over this entire thread in a years time or so when it's almost done to watch it's development

Teegy
18-07-06, 01:17 PM
for those who dont know the prep work takes just as long as the actual construction. they need to make sure the site is ready and solid for the foundations. the stadium looks to be on target still. once building starts it doesnt take long

HodgoBerro
18-07-06, 01:39 PM
i'm not a engineer you see.... it just feels like its taken ages to get moving thats all

Dakink
18-07-06, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the pic Kingy!!

Keep 'em coming!

Teegy
18-07-06, 02:18 PM
i'm not a engineer you see.... it just feels like its taken ages to get moving thats all
my family have a very long line of carpenters. and i have done some help in that area to. the construction is the easy part. the clearing and prep of the land is what really takes time. its the worst part of building

HodgoBerro
18-07-06, 02:25 PM
thanks for the info - you learn something new everyday....

thanks again for the pics - updates the better

davo
21-07-06, 08:53 PM
yeah i know it pretty frustrating,i work for concrete supplier and we are wondering who's got the job,beleive Watpac will be the construction company,but when it starts who knows.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eel 33
23-07-06, 05:42 PM
I still believe the capacity should be 30000. 25000 just isn't enough for me.

Darren Lockyer
23-07-06, 05:46 PM
I still believe the capacity should be 30000. 25000 just isn't enough for me.
But even 5000 more seats could cost another $500 000 for the council and the way it's going were having trouble

Eel 33
23-07-06, 05:48 PM
What's another half million in the construction costs??? If it's been planned for later, just do it now. It will cost a heap more later to do.

Darren Lockyer
23-07-06, 05:53 PM
What's another half million in the construction costs??? If it's been planned for later, just do it now. It will cost a heap more later to do.
yes but if the titans have fallen out with the council then how are they going to give us half a million dollars if they could put it on roadworks.

Queenslander
23-07-06, 07:16 PM
But even 5000 more seats could cost another $500 000 for the council and the way it's going were having trouble

Wrong, the cost is mostly being paid for the Queensland Government through the governments Major Sports Facilities Authority (MSFA).

For next season the Titans deal with the Council; because the GCCC operates Cararra.
For 2008 the Titans will deal with the State Government, which shouldnt be plagued with any drama.

Darren Lockyer
23-07-06, 08:03 PM
Wrong, the cost is mostly being paid for the Queensland Government through the governments Major Sports Facilities Authority (MSFA).

For next season the Titans deal with the Council; because the GCCC operates Cararra.
For 2008 the Titans will deal with the State Government, which shouldnt be plagued with any drama.
true well picked up.

rapt titan
16-08-06, 06:27 PM
Can't wait for new purpose built stadium for 2008.
Just worried it won't be ready in time, like Newcastle Stadium.
What do ya reckon?

jenny
16-08-06, 06:40 PM
Can't wait for new purpose built stadium for 2008.
Just worried it won't be ready in time, like Newcastle Stadium.
What do ya reckon?
RT...they will do everything in their power i'm sure...The are so pumped up here, its great to see...

Darren Lockyer
16-08-06, 07:03 PM
They will get it done i'm sure. Welcome to the forums

Grimmace
16-08-06, 07:17 PM
Hey dude welcome to the forums and dont forget top join the grimmit party........ anyway its great to see that you like the rest of us are interested in the titans anywayz there is already a thread on the stadium here is the link http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1958 anwyas enjoy your self and dont forget to have a laugh while your here too

rapt titan
16-08-06, 07:56 PM
I'm a rapt rabbit
& a rapt Titan too mate.

jenny
16-08-06, 08:20 PM
I'm a rapt rabbit
& a rapt Titan too mate.
Same :win: :win: :clap: :clap:

Steve
18-08-06, 02:24 PM
I've been told that there's going to be very little parking at Robina, although I don't know how much of an issue that will be, it seems public transport might be the prefered method of getting to the game.

I'd not mind some games being played at Suncorp, much easier for me to get to. :D Although if it's a day game I sit in the Broncos supporters area, the away team supporters get the sun in their eyes.

Titanz01
18-08-06, 07:36 PM
i hope its good, carra is a **** hole

travop
18-08-06, 10:27 PM
if i were the broncos i would be jealous of the gc titans cause compared to suncorp, robina stadium is like a luxury sports areana

RobJ
18-08-06, 11:25 PM
if i were the broncos i would be jealous of the gc titans cause compared to suncorp, robina stadium is like a luxury sports areana

I Just hope the scoreboard is clearly visible so we can all see when we are KICKING SOME BUTTS!!!!!!!
:win:

GO THE TITANS!

travop
19-08-06, 01:18 PM
2 true mate

DeeGan
19-08-06, 01:37 PM
From what I have seen of the Robina Stadium plans, we are in for a treat as fans of a NRL team - trust me. Suncorp Stadium is the best rugby league venue in the world bar none. We as a club will have a facility that will truly rival any professional sporting team in Australia and hold up on the world stage ;)

We as Queenslanders are fortunate in 2008 to have two world class facilities to attend.

unknown
22-08-06, 07:56 PM
i basically will be able to see the stadium from my house, so it will be awesome to go to the games, get blind and be able to walk hoome

Coaster
22-08-06, 08:04 PM
i basically will be able to see the stadium from my house, so it will be awesome to go to the games, get blind and be able to walk hoome

I bags ya couch

Darren Lockyer
22-08-06, 08:09 PM
I bags ya couch
I bags the garage

Chaos
22-08-06, 08:36 PM
Is there a Mrs Unknown...if not...I bags ya grog

davo
25-08-06, 08:53 PM
Thats it just got the news on the robina stadium starting very soon Watpac are the main contractors,and the company i work for are supplying the crete,about bloody time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIEHARD
29-08-06, 05:41 PM
Watpac will do a fantastic job. Glad they got the gig.

Steve Dangerous
29-08-06, 09:33 PM
this stadium is gonna mean awesome things for the titans.

carrara is a bit run-down, but being a debut season will be enough to get bums on seats... then move to the new stadium and BAM perfect timing. keep the momentum going and snare some longlife fans.