PDA

View Full Version : Titans of Teaching Lend Their Knowledge

Queenslander
09-08-06, 10:09 AM
Titans of Teaching Lend Their Knowledge

http://www.qrl.com.au/images_lib/TitansSouthern.gif

from www.qrl.com.au

MORE than 100 coaches have put up their hands to be a part of a major development clinic at QLD Group Stadium this evening, directed by the likes of John Cartwright and Trevor Gillmeister.

The event is being hailed as a significant step in unifying rugby league organisations in the Ipswich region and providing valuable development for the game?s knowledge-keepers.

Among those disseminating information will be Gold Coast Titans head coach Cartwright, Ipswich Jets head coach and Titans assistant Gillmeister, as well as Titans football manager Scott Sattler ? all of whom have played State of Origin football.

Other staff from the Ipswich Jets will also be on hand to assist the exercise, backed by the Ipswich Junior Rugby League, Ipswich Senior Rugby League, Ipswich City Council and Ipswich Parents and Old Boys.

The coaching clinic is absolutely free to attend and is open to coaches in all grades, beginning at 6pm and running until approximately 7.30pm.

A sausage sizzle will be provided afterwards and the opportunity will be presented to form bonds and discuss football with other coaches at a local level.

?This is a chance many will never get in their coaching career?to have the quality of coaches we will have on hand,? Ipswich JRL Chairman Brad Wolens said.

?To learn the art of coaching and skill development we all need to improve ourselves. Then hopefully we?ll be able to sit back and watch our local kids playing NRL some day.?

Despite the incedible response thus far, spots are still available and can be secured by phoning the Ipswich Junior Rugby League on (07) 3281 2350.

This is a great program by the Titans, I wish I had this sort of thing back when I was playing in the Ipswich Rugby League Competition. It not only gives increased knowledge to coaches but it will filter through to the players as well. It appears that the Titans are making big inroads in what is considered Bronco country.

Titanium_BD1103
09-08-06, 10:30 AM
Sounds like a great initiative for the Ipswich and surrounding areas... Great work by the Titans and will build relationships with the rugby league community... :D :D

And I agree, the Titans are certainly making inroads into Broncos territory.. and good on them I say.... :D :D

Darren Lockyer
09-08-06, 02:39 PM
Should be a good clinic

DIEHARD
09-08-06, 09:12 PM
What a tremendous concept! The benefits to grassroots rugby league and the good will that will reflect back upon the Titans will be substantial.

This is what NRL clubs should be doing. They can do great good by flexing a little muscle.

Starting coaching myself, I can really vouch for the benefits of such a program, even just in terms of support and encouragement.

And effects will flow onto the Titans and QLD rugby league. I'm looking forward to the Titans revealing more development plans for the Gold Coast.

DeeGan
10-08-06, 12:35 AM
I love reading about this kind of stuff ... you tend to also see a lot of the rival fans with N.F.I. about what we bring to Northern Rivers to South East Queensland region go quiet when these stories are released.

Let's hope this inspires a few kids to aspire to be future Gold Coast Titans one day :)