PDA

View Full Version : Titans show faith in a promising young Rooster

DeeGan
08-08-06, 03:58 PM
Just released:

Media Release
August 8 2006
Titans show faith in a promising young Rooster.

Roosters centre Lelea Paea (pronounced - Lel-layer Payer) today became the twenty fourth player to sign with the Gold Coast Titans.

Lelea has agreed to a one year contract with the club and is looking forward to the move north where he will be reunited with Titans Coach John Cartwright who identified the twenty three year olds natural talents as a junior.

Lelea is the oldest of three boys all of whom play for the Roosters

?I am looking forward to pulling on the boots for the Titans and fighting for a place in first grade?, said Lelea. ?Over the last few years at the Roosters I have graduated through the senior ranks, and now I want a regular first grade spot, I want to find a niche at the Titans and make a position my own.?

Cartwright said, ?I worked with Lelea at the Roosters and he played in the Premiership Winning Jersey Flegg and Premier League teams during my time there?

?He is a player who will play first grade if given the opportunity and will only be 24 years of age when he gets here which reinforces our youth recruitment policy.?

?Lelea is a very powerfully built centre/winger, similar to Tame Tupou and if needed, he could comfortably fill in at back row as well, his physique is fantastic?

?Having worked with him I know he is a quality person, highly devoted to his parents and family and will be a great clubman and he perfectly fits the mould of our culture we have been trying to achieve.?

Titans Managing Director Michael Searle is looking forward to the arrival of Paea, the signing signalling the easing up of the recruitment drive for the Gold Coast Titans.

Searle said, ?We felt we needed some shoring up in our centres and wing departments and Lelea came highly recommended by our Head Coach who felt he was another player who would create pressure on spots in our squad.?

?This is now our 24th signing and we will now continue to finalise our rostered 25th spot but we will be soon making announcement on the all important 26 -35th spots which is where our teams? depth will be required in our inaugural year.?

Blunt_Beno
08-08-06, 04:06 PM
great news. he is an awesom player

Darren Lockyer
08-08-06, 05:20 PM
good news he has been a good part of a losing team

DeeGan
08-08-06, 06:10 PM
good news he has been a good part of a losing team

Great contribution as per normal Darren Lockyer :rolleyes:

Before I give you the answer - how many games has Lelea played for the Sydney Roosters in 2006 and how many overall in first grade?

Titanium_BD1103
08-08-06, 07:18 PM
Great contribution as per normal Darren Lockyer :rolleyes:

Before I give you the answer - how many games has Lelea played for the Sydney Roosters in 2006 and how many overall in first grade?

Hasn't he played in the winning PL side this season.. sorry I have no interest in the Roosters what so ever... so if I'm wrong, I'll accept that... but I do know he hasn't been a part of that 1/2 a side they have in First Grade... ;)

As for him, he's a good decent player, who has shown promise, I remember last year people at The Bulldogs were saying stuff about him and Mickey and how we should try and sign them... so they must be ok I guess.

I wish him all the best at the Titans, a young player who I am sure will give it his all and will do well...:D :D

lonegull
09-08-06, 07:28 AM
i remeber a couple of years ago it was mentioned the three brothers were going to be anything anither good signing for the titans

patskE
09-08-06, 09:11 AM
who u rkn is the one they are closing up on?
i have a feeling it doyle, as his from the same club

RIP
09-08-06, 09:16 AM
Good call! what I liked about the titans if they sign one from the club there's normaly another one coming from there go for Doyle

titansroostersfan
09-08-06, 07:00 PM
geez roosters losing some talent there. He is a great player just not enough room at the top for a permant position. Usual way at the roosters

Titanium_BD1103
09-08-06, 07:04 PM
geez roosters losing some talent there. He is a great player just not enough room at the top for a permant position. Usual way at the roosters

As with every club... but if you didn't buy superstar players who become duds... you'd have space for the youngsters... ;)

As for the Siggy, nice, but something tells me Wing won't be a Roosters for much longer, me hears he will be a Panther in 2007... ;)

Grimmace
09-08-06, 07:07 PM
I hear craig will be a rabbitt again but you never know with the roosters all these super stars that fail doesnt it send a message develop your own talent insteads of wasting money i hear harrison may be leaving the club too

Titanium_BD1103
09-08-06, 07:09 PM
I hear craig will be a rabbitt again but you never know with the roosters all these super stars that fail doesnt it send a message develop your own talent insteads of wasting money i hear harrison may be leaving the club too

Really.. geez its like jumping off the sinking ship.. only one who will be left is Anasta and Myles.. and I can assure you the two of them won't acheive anything with a bunch of youngsters... me thinks its very lean years ahead for the Roosters, could be the spoon for a while.

Grimmace
09-08-06, 07:11 PM
you know im tipping the roosters for the wooden spoon next year only because of the experience souths have bought and thats why im thinking the roosters may be forced to relocate

Titanium_BD1103
09-08-06, 07:14 PM
you know im tipping the roosters for the wooden spoon next year only because of the experience souths have bought and thats why im thinking the roosters may be forced to relocate

I am too Grimmace, but I'll talk to you in the random convo thread about it... I think we are hijacking this one... ;)

Titanz01
09-08-06, 08:04 PM
good signing he plays nice footy when in form