PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of Sean Fensom? Apparently the titans are interested in him.

Smeg Head
25-07-06, 05:20 PM
It was stated in last week RLW that a real promosing young player form the bush by the name of Sean Fensom is being courted by numerous nrl clubs, including the titans. Country Rugby League officals have labelled the kid a real talent. I haven't heard anything about him previous to the article andI couln't dig up any other news on him, and was just wondering if anyone else knew anything? Apparently toured New Zealand in an under 18's team this year and had his perfromances were very promising... He sounds like he could be a good signing for the academy or on a contract to play for one of our feeder teams next year to develop.

patskE
25-07-06, 06:14 PM
his a 2nd rower going by my google search

Presto Magic
26-07-06, 08:50 AM
He's from Nambucca Heads, played for North Coast in the 2006 CRL U18 divisional championships. Shannon Walker was also there, playing for Northern Rivers.

Smeg Head
26-07-06, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the info guys... yeah it sounds like the people in the know in country rugby league reckon he is a great prospect, would be a good signing, I hope were still in the running for him.

Darren Lockyer
26-07-06, 02:49 PM
Sounds good. We should try and sign him on a low salry.

novacastrian_panther
29-07-06, 10:49 AM
If Sandow ain't ready enough to get into FG next year, this kid aint.

Darren Lockyer
29-07-06, 05:34 PM
If Sandow ain't ready enough to get into FG next year, this kid aint.
They don't want to rush Sandow in to soon.

Souths'n'Titans
29-07-06, 06:19 PM
They don't want to rush Sandow in to soon.
Sandow is playing first grade atm, and is holding his own there. I reckon he could make the step up but his size and defence would have to improve

Crushers
30-07-06, 09:23 AM
Sandow is playing first grade atm, and is holding his own there. I reckon he could make the step up but his size and defence would have to improve
Where is he playing first grade? I thought he was playing QLD cup.

Smeg Head
31-07-06, 09:33 AM
Well firstly... Sandow might get a chance late next season from the bench in first grade... Though it will all depend on how he handles playing half back permently for one of our feeder clubs.. Hopefully they leave him to develop for if not the whole season, at least most of and let him put a bit of bulk on and work on his defence. This goes for alot of our young blokes.. A season in the QLD cup would do their develpoment wonders, and I am sure Carty and co will not rush these boys in too soon. This goes for if we get Fensom too, he sounds raw but very powerful and a strong runner and only been 18, sounds like a real promising prospect.. I hope we get him.

BTW I think by first grade ST just meant QLD cup, were he has been quite impressive in deed for the Magpies.

Darren Lockyer
31-07-06, 09:47 AM
I reckon he might get a start for the titans. If either Campbel or Prince are injured or are called for soo he could get a starting spot. Other than that he will probably get a few bench starts.

Titanz01
31-07-06, 04:28 PM
the more juniors that play skool boyz they sign, the better then in couple years time they will make it big

Darren Lockyer
31-07-06, 04:30 PM
the more juniors that play skool boyz they sign, the better then in couple years time they will make it big
Not neccercelaery because if they make an unseuccesful debut at a young age they could never start again and it is really damaging for someone carreer.

qld rebel
01-08-06, 06:25 PM
i know of a sean fensom quite recently watched him down at the NSW CHS school boy trials in toronto playing in the Northern school boys team. sustained a knee injury first game and dident play the rest of the carnival.
very exiting carnival to go watch i must ad with some red hot talent. i beleive 2 or 3 other boys are some how involved with the tiants also in that northern team matt oriely, played strong throughout the carnival along with cody nelson another youngster to watch out for is Jy hitchcox watched him play in the northern V southern game scored 4 or 5 trys making a mockery of the southern defence any info on those guys?
cheers.

Darren Lockyer
02-08-06, 02:45 PM
i know of a sean fensom quite recently watched him down at the NSW CHS school boy trials in toronto playing in the Northern school boys team. sustained a knee injury first game and dident play the rest of the carnival.
very exiting carnival to go watch i must ad with some red hot talent. i beleive 2 or 3 other boys are some how involved with the tiants also in that northern team matt oriely, played strong throughout the carnival along with cody nelson another youngster to watch out for is Jy hitchcox watched him play in the northern V southern game scored 4 or 5 trys making a mockery of the southern defence any info on those guys?
cheers.
First of all welcome to the forums. Secondly i hope the titans can snare a couple of good talent

qld rebel
02-08-06, 03:35 PM
Cheers DL.
you wouldent have any info on any of those 3 players would u?