PDA

View Full Version : Steve "crocodile hunter" Irwin... sign him up!

Smeg Head
25-07-06, 04:55 PM
With our top grade squad for next year almost finalised for next year the signing spree is almost over. Though as stated by titans officals that a squad of 25 nrl expereinced players was wanted. So far we have 23, so lets hope that all this talk about jason smith proves correct and we get this war-horse vetern under lock and key for next year... that would bring us to 24. With Smith helping to cover the halves, and our already great depth in the fowards, it would be great to see another outside back signed.. With this in mind I pondered who we could get (especially with not many penny's left under the cap) My conclusion is... that our 25th signing should be Steve "crocodile hunter" Irwin! Until recently Irwin had been under the pump and not performing well, but I read in RLW last week that he is back into from and scored 4 tries for Wynnum Manly last week in the wizard cup for a personal haul of 28 points. He was quite the handing winger when the broncos blooded him a couple of seasons ago and would be a more then handy pick up for the titans.

Lordeman
25-07-06, 08:09 PM
have to agree with you there, Ive watched quite a few of the QRL games this year, and Irwin is such a cup above most of the other players on his team as well as the other its unrealHe backed up his his 4 try haul against redclifee with a double in the norths game as well i think.

Presto Magic
26-07-06, 08:46 AM
Irwin was dumped from the Broncos and the Storm, cos he was so lazy. I reckon we should sign up both Irwin and Luke Dalziel-Don from Wynnum, but tread with caution. Maybe Billy Johnstone will whip him into line.

shavenjas
26-07-06, 09:31 AM
CRICKEY why would you want to sign him.

Blunt_Beno
26-07-06, 11:17 AM
i watched that game on the weekend, irwin made the opposition look like amatuers, and they are from it. he has one of the best fends ive seen in the last few years and he knows when to cut back in and when to stay out wide. he would also be a great back up kicker. his deffence would be a thing to think about though.

HodgoBerro
26-07-06, 11:18 AM
he was at the broncos for like 4 years - he's very injury prone he played 3 times for the broncos in 2 years and that was it

Blunt_Beno
26-07-06, 11:25 AM
ask your self this question mate. who was he stuck behind? lote, tate, hodges, berrigan, de'vere, minto, and im sure there where other first grade players who had to contend with. he may have had a few injuries but even if he didnt i dont think he woulda been there anyways unless a few of these guys where injured.

dilly
26-07-06, 01:44 PM
I have watched Steve Irwin play for the last 8 years and in my opinion he is a hog and not a team player which has been recognised by Wayne Bennett. He would be no different with the titans

Darren Lockyer
26-07-06, 02:44 PM
He probably wouldn't be interested cause he probably earns more money being a croc hunter.

Coaster
26-07-06, 03:41 PM
I have watched Steve Irwin play for the last 8 years and in my opinion he is a hog and not a team player which has been recognised by Wayne Bennett. He would be no different with the titans

Some Players do act differently while in the Broncos, then they would in another club.

The club is very successful for the chosen few, but if your not in that loop, then goodbye. That doesnt mean Irwin cannot make the grade at the titans.

RIP
26-07-06, 04:02 PM
I've seen him play also when he's with the Seagulls & he has changed a lot from his broncos days. He's not much of a hog anymore and he'a got a bit of a kicking game to so I'll sign him up cause he will be a good buy

Darren Lockyer
26-07-06, 04:38 PM
Isn't he a bit old?

Blunt_Beno
26-07-06, 09:06 PM
he is 24 i think

dilly
27-07-06, 10:33 AM
Very true. This is very much happening at other clubs as well. There have been many top players who are good enough to play in their nrl teams but due to personal dislike and not being in the loop have not had an opportunity to be able to show their talents and potential

Darren Lockyer
27-07-06, 04:24 PM
he is 24 i think
He looks about 40

ShockMaster
08-08-06, 03:24 PM
Can't Agree more, ive watch alot of QLD cup this the signing of clint amos
(a ex team mate of mine), :satan: im likin the whole Steve Irwin rumour, what ive heard lol!, I can't wait for the Titans to appear WATCH OUT
also i like these ppl from the qld cup.

Reggie Cressbrook (burleigh)
Ryan Cullen (redcliffe)
Trent Purdon (burleigh)
Nathanial Barnes (tweed seagulls)
Shane O'Flanigan (burleigh)

to name a few LATERS Shocky

Darren Lockyer
08-08-06, 03:42 PM
Can't Agree more, ive watch alot of QLD cup this the signing of clint amos
(a ex team mate of mine), :satan: im likin the whole Steve Irwin rumour, what ive heard lol!, I can't wait for the Titans to appear WATCH OUT
also i like these ppl from the qld cup.

Reggie Cressbrook (burleigh)
Ryan Cullen (redcliffe)
Trent Purdon (burleigh)
Nathanial Barnes (tweed seagulls)
Shane O'Flanigan (burleigh)

to name a few LATERS Shocky
Welcome to the forums first of all

Blunt_Beno
08-08-06, 03:43 PM
reggie cressbrook is an unreal footballer, shane o'flanagan is also pretty good. ricky bird is my favourite qld cup player, he is a freek.

ShockMaster
08-08-06, 10:52 PM
Yeah man, reggie is huge down Burleigh town he can kick to, Trent Purdon neally the quickest in the QLD CUP, so Is Nathanial Barnes who is also quick,
it will be interesting.