PDA

View Full Version : Ron Clarke - ILL NEVER VOTE 4 U AGAIN

Coaster
24-07-06, 05:55 PM
What is this guys problem with the Titans?

I swear his narrow minded AFL/pro view is just what this club did not need on the lead up into the toughest comp in the world.

The Stadium at Carrara MUST be upgraded for the start of the 2007 season (AS PROMISED), It MUST be rectangular with portable seating in place (AS PROMISED), this BS about not wanting to chew up the field so he and his bribe givers can have 3 game of Ping Pong there is not acceptable!!!!! :box: :box:

YOU WILL LOSE AT LEAST 30 VOTES IN THIS FAMILY ALLONE, IF THIS IS NOT RECITFIED.

Could someone smarter than me please start a legal petition to get this thing sorted out.

Titans cannot play out of Suncorp, and the NRL just may force us to do that if the requirments are not met.

Titanium_BD1103
24-07-06, 06:10 PM
Can't start a legal petition.. not a lawyer.. but I can show you where you can make a regular online petition...

http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html

and follow the sections... its quite easy... :)

Darren Lockyer
24-07-06, 06:12 PM
I might do it. Lets get someone like Gary Baildon again.

DeeGan
24-07-06, 06:16 PM
If there is one positive, Ron Clarke will not be running for another term as Mayor ;)

I choose not to comment further just yet though will state that Michael and co. will not being backing down quietly.

Coaster
24-07-06, 06:16 PM
Mick Vievers where are you :box:

Darren Lockyer
24-07-06, 06:31 PM
Mick Vievers where are you :box:
Who's Mick Vievers?

Coaster
24-07-06, 06:44 PM
Mick was mayor of the Gold Coast for a long while, he also was a great Rugby League player, and would be right behind the titans push

Darren Lockyer
24-07-06, 06:48 PM
Mick was mayor of the Gold Coast for a long while, he also was a great Rugby League player, and would be right behind the titans push
Well he is the person we need

Coaster
24-07-06, 06:50 PM
I think Vievers was a Kangaroo, can anyone confirm this?

Darren Lockyer
24-07-06, 06:55 PM
How old is he?

Coaster
24-07-06, 06:58 PM
Read up on him

Profile - Mick Veivers

Profile: Mick Veivers
Date of Birth: 12 August 1939
Place of Birth: Southport
Inducted: 30 November 1999

Mick Veivers didn't reach his sporting potential until he changed from rugby union to rugby league at the age of 19.

Five years as a breakaway five-eighth at Nudgee College, afforded a successful transition into rugby league in 1958. He signed as a second row forward with Souths to play in the Brisbane premiership.

Mick showed his dedication by driving by his FB Holden the 140-mile return trip on gravel road from Beechmont to Brisbane up to five times a week to train and play.

With Souths for five years he represented Brisbane on several occasions in the Bulimba Cup before signing with Souths in Toowoomba in 1964. Mick represented the Clydesdales in the Bulimba Cup before moving to Sydney to play for Manly and began earning extra money as a fashion model.

He played 66 first grade games in the front row before an injury to his cruciate ligament in 1969 forced retirement at the age of 30.

Over his 11 year first grade career Mick made two grand final appearances but didn't win a premiership.

Mick represented Queensland 10 times and was the first ever Rugby League player to represent Queensland and New South Wales in consecutive years.

He represented the Blues five times gaining selection in the Australian team as a second rower.

Mick represented Australia in six test matches and numerous International games against New Zealand and Great Britain.

The highlight of his career came when Australia beat England in what became known as the battle of Brisbane in 1966.

Promoters sold more tickets than Lang Park had seats, causing fans to storm the ground.

The excess crowd was ushered in along the sidelines, and at times were so close to the field, they became very much apart of the game as players were tackled into touch.

Australia won the test 6-4 (no tries were scored) and went on to win the series.

Mick's love of sport extended to his working life where he became a rugby league commentator for 14 years and than entered the political area where he was elected Member for Sport and Emergency Services.

Mick is patron for numerous sporting organizations and continues to support the development of sport at all levels.

Darren Lockyer
24-07-06, 07:05 PM
thanks for that

mb63
24-07-06, 08:22 PM
How did Clarke get in?He wasn't even living on the Gold Coast.

Darren Lockyer
25-07-06, 08:13 AM
People voted on the ads probably.

Eel 33
25-07-06, 10:04 AM
If there is one positive, Ron Clarke will not be running for another term as Mayor ;)

When is the next election for the GCCC??? Too far away by the sounds of things.

Darren Lockyer
25-07-06, 05:34 PM
When is the next election for the GCCC??? Too far away by the sounds of things.
I think the last one was 2003 so it should be next year. same as prime minister election.

Super Cronk
27-07-06, 03:47 PM
Skynews.com.au

Gold Coast mayor Ron Clarke says temporary seating for NRL matches at Carrara Stadium would make the surface unsafe for AFL matches when the Kangaroos play there next season.

The clash over the stadium comes because the NRL team, Gold Coast Titans, plans to play at Carrara while its new ground is being built.

The extra seating is needed to square the arena for NRL, but Clarke opposes the plan, and claims the Titans and council representatives met behind his back earlier this week.

If the council does agree to the Titans' plan, it might be forced to repay the AFL its 1 million dollar contribution for the upgrade of the ground.

mb63
27-07-06, 04:02 PM
Maybe the saga isn't over.What a disjointed council.

DeeGan
27-07-06, 04:56 PM
The extra seating is needed to square the arena for NRL, but Clarke opposes the plan, and claims the Titans and council representatives met behind his back earlier this week.

Someone really is paranoid? Get over yourself Ron :laugh:

Ron Clarke is a lone ranger on the GCCC - the majority wins unfortunately Mr Clarke. It looks like Ron wants the best of both worlds, the fact remains that we have it in black and white what the original agreement was to be from 2007 and it played a big role in our reinstatement in to the competition.

I think we can accomodate both codes on the Gold Coast personally, I think Michael Searle is of the same opinion, though as it stands we are the only professional sporting franchise representing the Gold Coast and we should be given priority over a code who has not committed to representing the people of the Gold Coast. Simple as that.

Ron Clarke is a AFL symathiser who would love to see "his game" have a representation on the Gold Coast. In time, I think that will happen, though as of right now it is some five to ten years off and the GCCC should be bending over backwards to ensure the 2007 debut of the Gold Coast Titans is smooth sailing. This unecessary distraction is not needed nor warranted.

Darren Lockyer
27-07-06, 05:18 PM
Good on the council to have a meeting behind his back.

Diehard Titan Fan
28-07-06, 04:04 PM
Ron Clarke has always struck me as an embittered man. Maybe it's because he didn't win an Olympic Gold Medal, despite his excellent track record, or he's just getting old? He's definitely the wrong person to run a Council like the Gold Coast Council. He'd do better in Liverpool Council (NSW). After all, they don't even have a mayor!

Darren Lockyer
26-03-08, 09:19 PM
Very old thread but sorry Ron Clarke is mayor for another term.

Boofhead
26-03-08, 09:54 PM
Reaper! Old topic.