PDA

View Full Version : Parramatta Players awards

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 11:56 AM
Captain Nathan Cayless and international centre Timana Tahu have jointly won Parramatta's player of the season award.

It is the first time the Ken Thornett Medal has been shared.

The award, voted on by Eels players, was handed out to the pair at a dinner in Le Montage Function Centre in Sydney on Friday evening.

Prop forward Cayless played in all 26 matches for the Eels during their run to the preliminary finals, where they were eliminated by North Queensland.

Tahu appeared in a 19 matches and also played a State of Origin game for New South Wales.

Cayless and Tahu have been selected in New Zealand and Australia's Tri-Nations squads respectively.

"This is very special to me. To play in every game and to receive the recognition from my team mates means a lot to me," Cayless said in a statement released by the club.

Tahu added: "To receive this award named after one of the legends of the club in my first year here is just fantastic."

Tahu linked with Parramatta from Newcastle in the 2004 off-season.

In a big night for the club's new players, hooker Mark Riddell won Michael Cronin Clubman of the Year and Glenn Morrison took the Jack Gibson Coaches Award.

The full list of award winners is as follows:

Ken Thornett Medal: Nathan Cayless/Timana Tahu
Jack Gibson Coaches Award: Glenn Morrison
Michael Cronin Clubman of the Year Award: Mark Riddell
Eric Grothe Rookie of the Year: Tim Smith
Members Peoples Choice: Nathan Hindmarsh
Ron Lynch Media Award: Dean Widders
Geoff Gerard Coaches Award (Premier League): Luke O'Dwyer
Bob O'Reilly Players Player Award (Premier League): Brett Delaney
Brett Kenny Coaches Award (Jersey Flegg): Kurt Sorensen
Steven Ella Players Player Award (Jersey Flegg): Michael Basan.

ABC.net.au

Hindy_Magic
08-10-05, 05:06 PM
nice to hear and i can see alot o talent in that parra be back better then ever in 06