PDA

View Full Version : Ennis Released.

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 11:33 AM
I have just heard on 2UE Peter doust has said Michael Ennis has been released from the dragons....with thompson a possiblity of leaving aswell.

For more info you might want to tune into 2UE they have a newsbreak at 1:00 and will have more info then..

PARANoIR
08-10-05, 11:34 AM
Apparently it was just on the Radio that Michael Ennis has been released from the Dragons.

Shaun Timmins and Lance Thompson are also supposed to be on the chopping block.

Ennis to link up with Newcastle for a year...then to the Titans.
Timmins to England
Thompson to Retirement Village.

ridgey
08-10-05, 11:44 AM
i'd say ennis might end up at the broncos,he was close to signing with em last year.bennett rates him and let's face it they need a hooker and a goalkicker as well.

Teegy
08-10-05, 11:49 AM
Can this be confirmed

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 11:53 AM
Can this be confirmed

Yes peter doust on radio said he was released as of yesterday. Doust is the Dragons CEO. Tune into 2UE if possibly to hear the latest news...you can listen live at 2UE.com.au

DeeGan
08-10-05, 11:53 AM
Get on the phone John Cartwright!

Michael Ennis I believe can be a representative player such is his talent. In my opinion, Nathan Brown released the wrong guy here.

Andrew Johns is a big fan of this kid and would love to see Ennis in a Titans jersey in 2007. He is a genuine utility player with my only question mark being would he be able to handle living on the Coast away from friends and family in Newcastle as mid season in 2005 he was 'missing home' when at the Dragons.

PaRaNoIR, I think it would be Timmins to retire and Thompson to England IF they are released.

DeeGan

PARANoIR
08-10-05, 11:59 AM
Timmins has stated in the past that he would like to finish his career in England, why would he change his mind now?

Stubbsie
08-10-05, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if he played for Knights on a 1 yr deal then went to the Coast. His better then Friend.

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if he played for Knights on a 1 yr deal then went to the Coast. His better then Friend.

in attack. IN defence friend is a machine.

ridgey
08-10-05, 12:17 PM
ennis will be a bronco in 06.

DeeGan
08-10-05, 01:33 PM
Timmins has stated in the past that he would like to finish his career in England, why would he change his mind now?

Well, in my opinion Timmins is running on 2 bum knees (bone on bone in one if not both) and is more likely to retire before Thompson who is relatively injury free.

Timmins may have his hand forced into retirement whereas Thompson will leave the game on his terms.

I am sure there alot of elite players who wished to end their careers in England though in the end they did not have the final say given they were past their best or injury ruled that out.

We'll see what happens, the likely result is Brown will not release his great mate Timmo' anyway.

Cheers

DeeGan

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 05:05 PM
Come to the Sharks ennis, come to the sharks

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 05:06 PM
lol i hope ennis either goes to the sharks to replace david peachey (permanent)or just temporary until titans come out

Hindy_Magic
08-10-05, 05:32 PM
it is unknown where he goes to i reckon he be packing his bags and going to england

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 05:49 PM
i h8 england the amount of australians over there is ridiculous

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 05:51 PM
i dont think england has much local talent because they keep poaching aussies
or just *borrowing them* for a couple of games for example Andrew Johns

Steelers
08-10-05, 06:47 PM
Why in thw world did they release a future star!!!!!!!! Worst decision in the NRL in the past 5 years!!!!!!!!!

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 06:52 PM
Why in thw world did they release a future star!!!!!!!! Worst decision in the NRL in the past 5 years!!!!!!!!!

its ethier that or go over the salary cap and lose points or be fined.

Steelers
08-10-05, 07:02 PM
its ethier that or go over the salary cap and lose points or be fined.

if i had a choice between releasing ennis or thompson and timmins, it would be ennis. he has a very bright future

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 07:11 PM
if i had a choice between releasing ennis or thompson and timmins, it would be ennis. he has a very bright future

Did you make a mistake while posting that?

The thing is if they have someone that can replace him then its no big loss.

Steelers
08-10-05, 07:18 PM
Did you make a mistake while posting that?

The thing is if they have someone that can replace him then its no big loss.

yeah i made a mistake :o but im not sure they have sum1. gorrell is the premier league hooker but he is getting on and could be signing somewhere wlse.

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 07:20 PM
yeah i made a mistake :o but im not sure they have sum1. gorrell is the premier league hooker but he is getting on and could be signing somewhere wlse.

Im sure they have someone else. They couldnt help it ..this is what happens with the salary cap players get squeezed out.

Steelers
08-10-05, 07:20 PM
this is what happens with the salary cap players get squeezed out.

yeah i know but im surprised ennis was the one to go.

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 07:23 PM
yeah i know but im surprised ennis was the one to go.

this is the way i look at it...senior players like thompson etc are the ones that bring players to the club so if you get rid of them some players wont want to go there due to the inexperinced team. The dragons also have a really good junior system and will have someone that can play hooker or atleast fill in.

Steelers
08-10-05, 07:25 PM
this is the way i look at it...senior players like thompson etc are the ones that bring players to the club so if you get rid of them some players wont want to go there due to the inexperinced team. The dragons also have a really good junior system and will have someone that can play hooker or atleast fill in.

yeah good point. it is just too bad that we have so much good talen. we can't keep it all

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 07:43 PM
yeah good point. it is just too bad that we have so much good talen. we can't keep it all

yup.

What the big blow will be is if you lose ennis and both thommo and timmins...altho it might be unlikely. Still losing ennis and on of those guys would be a blow for the dragons.

Steelers
08-10-05, 07:45 PM
yup.

What the big blow will be is if you lose ennis and both thommo and timmins...altho it might be unlikely. Still losing ennis and on of those guys would be a blow for the dragons.

losing a couple of our best 17 would be a major blow. just look at the talent that they somehow squeeze under the cap.

hornby, gasnier, cooper, barrett, head, bailey, young, ryles, thompson, creagh, timmins, ennis

Super Cronk
08-10-05, 07:48 PM
an update:

Dragons wield axe

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA has granted utility player Michael Ennis a release and told experienced duo Lance Thompson and Shaun Timmins their contracts are up for review.

Thompson, 27, reportedly left the Dragons end-of-year awards function at Sydney Town Hall last night after being told the news.

The City Origin representative previously accepted a pay cut to stay with the Dragons a few years ago.

Dragons chief executive Peter Doust hosed down talk the club was looking to axe both Thompson and Timmins.

"It doesn't always come down to releasing players," Doust told reporters today.

"You need to know what players are thinking going forward. One person has taken it objectively and somewhat rationally, and the other has taking it quite emotionally."

The club is hopeful of reaching a resolution with both Timmins and Thompson by Monday.

Thompson has played all of his career with the Dragons, starting with St George in 1995 and continuing with St George Illawarra in the joint venture's first season in 1999.

The back rower played all 26 games this season, including last month's preliminary final loss to eventual premiers Wests Tigers, and has made 201 career NRL and ARL appearances.

Advertisement:
Dragons coaching consultant Laurie Daley told Network Ten: "Nathan's got to make some tough decisions and hopefully in the next couple of days they'll either work something out or both parties will move forward.

"It's a business these days, not everyone's happy with these decisions, but you've just go to move forward with the times."

Timmins, who's current contract with the club ends next year, made his first grade debut with the Illawarra Steelers in 1994.

The Australian and NSW Origin player retired from representative football this year, and is one game shy of 200 first grade games with the Steelers and Dragons.

Ennis joined the Dragons this year from Newcastle. The Brisbane Broncos are reportedly keen on signing the goal-kicking utility who led St George Illawarra with 108 points this season.

Source:foxsports.com.au

J-Storm
09-10-05, 01:54 AM
I still can't believe the Dragons would be looking at letting a loyal player like Thompson go. Not really a smart move when players these days are willing here and there to keep guys at a club. Doesn't look good for the future talent who see how you get treated after so many years of service, regardless of the Salary Cap...

kazza broncos chick
10-10-05, 10:06 PM
Good move by the broncs to pick up Ennis, very happy with that, the kid looks like he has a bright future, and he can kick goals aswell! bonus sumthin the Broncos missed this year without Mick De Vere.
Was close to coming north last year stayed in Sydney to be close to his sick father