PDA

View Full Version : Rugby league 2

Moejoe
08-10-05, 12:53 AM
Thats right folks, The new Sidhe interactive game is just around the corner "Rugby League 2" This game is looking like taking over my summer this year.
One of the new features for this years Rugby league game is Online play which should be great. (hopefully meet a few of you with my Cronulla Sharks team)

Anyway pop on over to their website and check out the latest info on the new game at.

www.rugbyleague2.com

Steelers
08-10-05, 01:02 AM
Any news on the release date yet. It has been put off so many times it ain't funny!

Teegy
08-10-05, 06:57 AM
November 1 i have been told by a mate at EB

Queenslander
08-10-05, 09:03 AM
November 1 i have been told by a mate at EB

No release date has been set according to the games forums, its is a possible late 2005 release. They have been delaying this game since September now :mad:

Teegy
08-10-05, 09:22 AM
My mate at eb said that it will be in on November 1

Queenslander
08-10-05, 09:37 AM

Sorry mate but people at eb dont always know whats happening http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=5779 :)

Steelers
08-10-05, 10:24 AM

that is only a prediction. 2 months ago in an EB catalogue they said it would be out September 1.

Moejoe
08-10-05, 11:09 AM
Never, Ever believe EB games. They make up a release date so that they can attempt to get more pre-order sales. The game is now in the hands of the evil publisher Sony, Making sure that the game has no bugs ect.

If I were to hazzard a guess I would say possible late november early december release. (Just in time for Christmas)

DeeGan
08-10-05, 12:05 PM
Never, Ever believe EB games. They make up a release date so that they can attempt to get more pre-order sales.

Exactly Moejoe.

Pre-order sales exist as the retailer is getting money from the customer with no merchandise leaving the store, it is a clever way to do business. Take the tip, don't pre-order the next game you want and waltz on in to your nearest gaming store on the release date of your game and see if you aren't able to get a copy of that 'must have' game ;) It will be there "out the back" as they say.

The game will be out for Christmas would be the only time frame I would be willing to bet on.

DeeGan

Titans#1
08-10-05, 12:22 PM
I must say that my Hubby worked for EB in Canberra, but this was a few years ago when Release Dates, where the real Release Dates, no stuffing around. But when he took pre-orders for games they NEVER took money for it (not even a deposit) it was a simple name and number into the comp, when it was in store, we'll call you.

I would say ALOT has changed in EB from what I'm hearing.

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 05:47 PM
i was on the official forum site
has anyone else been on there

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 05:49 PM
just go to rugbyleague2.com and click on the forums tab

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 05:50 PM
they tell will tell you the official release date when they get it

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 05:59 PM
the forum provides lots of info

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 05:59 PM
there is also a thread which is called "the longest thread ever"

lots of people are posting in it to get the longest thread ever

Hindy_Magic
08-10-05, 06:07 PM
smart way to up your post count.

Sharks
08-10-05, 06:45 PM
If my memory serves me right sidhe games pulled this stunt with the first game largely promoted the game for a September release then pulled it back till early december so the kiddys buy buy buy for xmas.Its all just a publicity stunt,I prefer not to play into there hands and add to the hype it will be released at the last vital moment after december. All in good timing... :cool:

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 06:47 PM
hey i remember when they did that. your probably right sharks but all that the sidhe administration is saying is that the game is not ready and is undertaking approval from other companies

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 06:48 PM
smart way to up your post count.

settle down big guy im just providing a bit of info for other people
if ya dont like it then just ignore it:mad: :mad: :mad:

Teegy
08-10-05, 06:58 PM
settle down big guy im just providing a bit of info for other people
if ya dont like it then just ignore it:mad: :mad: :mad:
Mate 1 posts with all that info is a better idea.

SharkiesBoi
08-10-05, 07:00 PM
Mate 1 posts with all that info is a better idea.

sorry its just that its kind of how i type
just a bad habbit i guess:(

Sharks
08-10-05, 07:06 PM
SharkiesBoi just a warning mate limit your posts or your going to get the boot,its very annoying to forum users having to keep scrolling down cause of your continous posts ok.Your already at 8 posts for this 3 page thread!

Teegy
08-10-05, 07:08 PM
SharkiesBoi just a warning mate limit your posts or your going to get the boot,its very annoying to forum users having to keep scrolling down cause of your continous posts ok.Your already at 8 posts for this 3 page thread!
Already Handled

Shadow XL
08-10-05, 07:11 PM
can;t wait to get me grubby little hands on it, i just hope after this long wait it isnt an upsetting result.

Steelers
08-10-05, 07:56 PM
Already Handled

is that this forums first banning???

Hindy_Magic
25-10-05, 04:47 PM
when is it coming out i tried pre ordering it with the controller and they said the offer had run out.

Steelers
25-10-05, 05:24 PM
when is it coming out i tried pre ordering it with the controller and they said the offer had run out.

Who knows!!! They have been postponig it for months now! It is going to be outdated by the time it is released because many players will have signed for other clubs

Super Cronk
25-10-05, 05:25 PM
by the time it comes out ...the sharks would have won 2 titles.

Steelers
25-10-05, 05:33 PM

lol. so i guess we will see it in about 20 years or so?? :p

Dakink
25-10-05, 05:35 PM
lol. so i guess we will see it in about 20 years or so?? :p

He said 2 titles - More like 200 hundred years!!

Super Cronk
25-10-05, 05:36 PM
He said 2 titles - More like 200 hundred years!!

more like NEVER. :p

Steelers
25-10-05, 05:39 PM
more like NEVER. :p

gotta feel sorry for the shark supporters. i know how they feel (kinda), the steelers never won a premiership.

Sharks
25-10-05, 06:07 PM

F the game,bring on the titles! :D

Queenslander
30-10-05, 05:09 PM
The new rumour going around is that the game will come out on December 1st, it hasnt been confirmed but hopefully its true.

Cliffy GC
01-11-05, 02:00 PM
so your sayin it wont be out till 2101
:D :D

Steve Dangerous
01-11-05, 03:33 PM
i don't usually play video games, but i enjoyed the first one.

don't fret about the release date, wouldn't you rather they take a bit longer to make sure everything is right than release something not as good.

Titans#1
02-11-05, 08:54 AM
The new rumour going around is that the game will come out on December 1st, it hasnt been confirmed but hopefully its true.

I'm betting December 20th, perfect time to buy and hide it for a Christmas Present.

Yay, another reason the shops are going to be hell!

DeeGan
02-11-05, 11:41 AM
I will purchase the second edition as well as each edition after that. Why?

1. Your telling the NRL and software developers that there is a need to continue with this game in which 'continually getting better at what they do' is a must. If they make improvements each season, we will slowly but surely have a title to be proud of. With the PS3 due out next year (or is it 2007?), the game will only get better.

2. It's rugby league. Would you rather we go back to no rugby league game option?

3. It's rugby league :)

Can't wait for the title, it is a easy Xmas present for mad rugby league relatives.

DeeGan

Dakink
02-11-05, 01:34 PM
Didnt get the first - but will defninately get this one - anyone wanna lend me a copy of the first on PC or PS2?

DeeGan
02-11-05, 01:37 PM
Didnt get the first - but will defninately get this one - anyone wanna lend me a copy of the first on PC or PS2?

I can hook you up with a copy Dakink.

My brother in law runs a EB Games store in NSW and I am sure he can spare a copy for you ;)

DeeGan

Dakink
02-11-05, 01:50 PM
Awesome - Havent had a League game since ET's Rugby League back when ET and Mark McGaw were still playing!

Shadow XL
02-11-05, 08:38 PM
i was going to buy i copy or rl1 but never get around to it when i go to the shops. I got to remeber, but i cant wait for number two, i might hold on untill it comes out.

Super Cronk
02-11-05, 11:01 PM
How long after the PS2 version comes out is the PC version released? #1 wasnt that long IIRC.

Queenslander
02-11-05, 11:03 PM
How long after the PS2 version comes out is the PC version released? #1 wasnt that long IIRC.

I think they will come out at the same time, if they ever decide on a release date! Personally i want a XBOX version, but i dont think it will happen. Damn sony buying exclusive rights to a game :mad:

Green Machine
03-11-05, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know if they will release it on x-box at the same time, because last time they had it like released 3 months after sony.

Queenslander
03-11-05, 10:38 AM
because last time they had it like released 3 months after sony.

No they didnt xbox was released the same time as PS2, this however might occur with Rugby League 2

Steelers
03-11-05, 05:54 PM
They will release the XBOX version after the X-Mas rush so that Sony make more profits.

Titans#1
03-11-05, 07:32 PM
They will release the XBOX version after the X-Mas rush so that Sony make more profits.

That makes no sense whatsoever, why would XBox want to lose out on profits? :hmm: :dizzy: :sick:

Steelers
03-11-05, 07:38 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever, why would XBox want to lose out on profits? :hmm: :dizzy: :sick:

They don't, but they have to because Sony have the rights to the game.

Queenslander
03-11-05, 08:24 PM
They don't, but they have to because Sony have the rights to the game.

Damn phony, im mean sony :curse:

The Original Idiot
04-11-05, 03:10 PM
Sony has no decency. They shafted Xbox when Xbox did them a favour. Bastards.