PDA

View Full Version : Cooper joins Titans!

DeeGan
10-07-06, 04:06 PM
Media release from Titans:

Cooper joins Titans!

North Queensland Cowboys back rower Gavin Cooper became the 19th Gold Coast Titans signing agreeing to a three year term with the fledgling club over the weekend.

The 20 year old former Murgon junior is over the moon about his prospects with the NRL?s newest club.

Cooper said, ?It?s very exciting the club is close to home. It?s a new team and a ?one team one town? set up again which is awesome. No matter where you sign, it is going to be a challenge but coming to a new club is going to be a bigger challenge personally for me to ensure I cement my spot in the side early.?

While being closer to home was a factor in Cooper?s decision, another was being under the reins of trainer Billy Johnstone who is the current Cowboys trainer.

?Everyone has always said Billy?s a hard man but if he sees you are putting in (the effort) then he respects that. But for sure it was a part of my decision and with his help I will be a better player?, said Cooper

Coach John Cartwright said, ?Gav was sought after by a few clubs. We were lucky in that he didn?t want to leave Queensland. He?s young and enthusiastic and he can cover centre and back row and he will feature in the Cowboys run to the finals. I also believe he can play representative football eventually so we?re happy to have him.?

Also agreeing to a 1 year contract plus 1 year option with the Titans is former Burleigh Bears junior and current Cowboys fringe back row/hooker, Clint Amos. Amos has had outstanding success with the Toyota Young Guns and was awarded their Queensland Cup player of the Year for the past 2 years. He debuted in the NRL this year and became the 18th player to sign with the Titans.

Darren Lockyer
10-07-06, 04:28 PM
That is a great signing. Down the bottom of the article it says that Clint Amos is the 18th signing. Does that mean he will be on the website?

Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
10-07-06, 07:09 PM
Both very good signings for the Titans. That will confirm they will probably drop the rabbitohs to my third team and the Titans to my second!

Great work!

BRONCOS FAN
10-07-06, 07:22 PM
Yeah it is a good signing. I reakon he will go good for the titans..

DeeGan
10-07-06, 07:25 PM
Gavin Cooper has long term potential and the ability to play centre and in the back row. I think he will be primarily in the backrow.

Clint Amos is a two time Cowboys QLD Cup Player of the Year (2004 & 2005) and I think we have picked up a steal here. Nathan Friend will deservedly be our hooker though Amos is the type of player you can include in your 17 with the added bonus of being able to play in the backrow if required.

Very happy to have these two guys aboard! :D

Kallan
10-07-06, 07:25 PM
The Titans sure a singning well :)

DeeGan
10-07-06, 07:27 PM
The Titans sure a singningwell :)

Michael does carry a good tune apparently :laugh: (singing with an extra 'N' or perhaps signing? ;) )

RIP
10-07-06, 07:37 PM
Awesome, This fella got a great future in front of him. Welldone Titans

Kallan
10-07-06, 07:45 PM
Michael does carry a good tune apparently :laugh: (singing with an extra 'N' or perhaps signing? ;) )
:laugh: lol signing :whatd:
is he a good singer?

Luke
10-07-06, 08:23 PM
Great signings Gavin Cooper is a great up and coming junior. and Clint Amos is a good under rated player will push Friend for a the Hooker spot.

nrl 4 life
10-07-06, 08:30 PM
This is good news for the titans, we're starting 2 get a good squad together and 2007 is looking brighter than ever.

Dragons
10-07-06, 08:33 PM
Great signings Gavin Cooper is a great up and coming junior. and Clint Amos is a good under rated player will push Friend for a the Hooker spot.
I'm sure Ian and Chris will be happy Clint is back on the coast.

Helen
10-07-06, 11:54 PM

According to ABC Sport the Titans signed Gavin Coooper

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200607/s1683083.htm

Helen

lonegull
11-07-06, 06:58 AM
will have to watch him with interest

Presto Magic
11-07-06, 03:44 PM
woohoo they got Amos, I loved watching him play for Burleigh.

Supergoose
11-07-06, 06:38 PM
Fantastic signing for the Titans. A real workhorse and top ball runner to boot. I wonder if his brother Dustin will come in the future as well? It'll be interesting to see who's next. Not real sure about Amos but from all reports he goes alright.

Teegy
11-07-06, 07:00 PM
deegs i was wondering if you could clear this up for me. in an article about Brett Delany it said

North Queensland's Gavin Cooper, Western Force rugby union convert Josh Graham and New Zealand international Jake Webster have already been signed as three-quarters.

i thought he would have been more as a Backrower who could play centre if needed?

Dakink
12-07-06, 10:44 AM
My thoughts too - I think that was a journo taking liberty.

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 12:36 PM
Good signing and 2 kids with great futures

DeeGan
12-07-06, 04:11 PM
deegs i was wondering if you could clear this up for me. in an article about Brett Delany it said

i thought he would have been more as a Backrower who could play centre if needed?

As above Teegy, you have hit it on the head, he is a backrower who can fill in at centre if required. As he gets older and adds more bulk, he will be primarily a backrower only.