PDA

View Full Version : is aaron gorrell titans material?

dan the man
07-10-05, 09:17 PM
aaron gorrell from the dragons has not been re signed by the club. he has a lot of potential under the right coaching staff.. ie right discipline. what do the fellow titan forum members :eek: think?

yes or no?

Dakink
07-10-05, 09:18 PM
A talented player who I thought looked in line for the hooking role but fell out of favour - not sure about as the initial starter - though he wouldnt let anyone down - definately someone for the clubs depth though.

Super Cronk
07-10-05, 09:18 PM
I know he plays hooker...but not sure if he can play anywhere else. If he can only play hooker then no nathan friend is way better. He isnt a bad player...but wouldnt be my ideal choice.

dan the man
07-10-05, 09:21 PM
He can play hooker, half, five eigth.. etc.. he is a modern age half all rounder good off the bench and depth... could be a good cheap signing......

and yes another kicker would be a plus

Steelers
07-10-05, 09:25 PM
He has been unlucky to have not played that much first grade. He was behind Mark Riddell for a while and now has to contend with Dean Young and Michael 'The Menace' Ennis :) . He is a good player and has that goal kicking bonus.

dan the man
07-10-05, 09:28 PM
another dragon being released... he is a good player and should have been playing a lot of first grade off the bench.. i believe he was better than henderson and corey payne... he will be cheap as chips... if he can be disciplined he could be a great pick up.. or will he just be another julian o'neill?

your opinions

Super Cronk
07-10-05, 09:32 PM
I dont think anyone can ever live up to O'niells reputation.

Dakink
07-10-05, 09:44 PM
Whats that - the ability to pee on Dealers legs???

dan the man
07-10-05, 10:02 PM
spelling nazi do not smash me... i think that is the way u spell it :p

Teegy
08-10-05, 06:54 AM
Gorell would be an asset to the club.

Manu has played up at every club he has been to and been released

DeeGan
08-10-05, 11:51 AM
another dragon being released... he is a good player and should have been playing a lot of first grade off the bench.. i believe he was better than henderson and corey payne... he will be cheap as chips... if he can be disciplined he could be a great pick up.. or will he just be another julian o'neill?

your opinions

For all Julian's faults, he was one of the most talented footballers of his era let down by dramas on and off the field. I am not at all comfortable in putting Gorrell in any bracket with O'Neill as he is no where near as talented on the field nor as bad off it.

Perhaps it should end, "or will he just be another Craig Kimmorley?" or someone of that ilk :D

As for Gorrell being "Titan material"?

Well he is not the 'cream of the crop' though he is a player that can add depth to our team at a relatively low price. Scotty Sattler says 'we will look at the person before the player' and I hear Gorrell is a really good club man...I think he is worth a look at the right price.

Cheers

DeeGan

dan the man
14-09-06, 12:18 PM
is anyone going to sign this bloke... he is a good solid player why doesn't anyone want him.. we will wait and see after finals when everything has settled down.

Dakink
14-09-06, 01:07 PM
I agree after Sat night he is most definately starter material.

Why the Dragons havent re-signed him and signed that eternal whinger Woolford beats me...

Eel 33
14-09-06, 02:45 PM
I wonder if Souths have any room left under their salary cap??? They would be the likely candidates to bid for him but they haven't. Lets see what happens at the weekend, things might change rapidly.

Hoppy2007Dragons
14-09-06, 03:51 PM
Firstly we relaesed willie manu, he's playing in the Super Leaugue, because he has a discipline issue off the field.

Secondly- this is directed at Nathan Brown- RESIGN AARON GORRELL

and do it know :!:

Darren Lockyer
14-09-06, 04:25 PM
Gorrel would be a great asset to the club. His game on the weekend against the broncos was outstanding. He scored a very good try from dummy half to

Steve Dangerous
14-09-06, 05:36 PM
I think Friend will make a good hooker for us... plus we have Hilder who can play their too. That said, Gorrell could be a good depth signing provided we have cap room.. he ain't a bad player by any stretch.

DeeGan
14-09-06, 06:01 PM
aaron gorrell from the dragons has not been re signed by the club. he has a lot of potential under the right coaching staff.. ie right discipline. what do the fellow titan forum members :eek: think?

yes or no?

Definately. I really rate Gorrell as a player and his goal kicking makes a valuable assett to any club. Not sure we still have room on the roster though I would welcome him to the club. Makes a good utility player.

Two things counting against him:

1. Nathan Friend is the starting hooker

2. Clint Amos is the back up. Spending more money on a third hooker in our first season is not viable.

Darren Lockyer
14-09-06, 06:05 PM
i just think he would be one of the top signings. Get rid of frank Puletua and stick Amos in the back row then we could get gorrell

Titanium_BD1103
14-09-06, 07:25 PM
I agree after Sat night he is most definately starter material.

Why the Dragons havent re-signed him and signed that eternal whinger Woolford beats me...

Simple ONE WORD answer- EXPERIENCE

The reason the Dragons signed Woolford and let quite a few players go to do so is because according to those in league circles, they are worried the loss of Barrett, Timmins and Bailey will cause a massive loss of experience, having Woolford there helps to balance the ship...

I can't believe Gorrell isn't signed, I'd say to the Bulldogs sign him if we didn't already have Hughes, Perry, Roberts and Ngawini all in the wings along with others, we have too many hookers as it is.

However Gorrell is a great player, hard worker, good executioner of plays and he has impressed me at the Dragons, if the GC could sign him then I reckon they should, but as others have said, GC has good hookers already too.

I hope Gorrell finds a club, it would be a shame for a talent like that to be lost ... :(

Grimmace
14-09-06, 07:26 PM
I read somewhere that Gorell will sta though he wont be payed like a regular first grader so he will be doing extra things for the dragons to top his salary up

Darren Lockyer
14-09-06, 07:56 PM
interesting

Hoppy2007Dragons
14-09-06, 09:53 PM
very interesting