PDA

View Full Version : Where should Origin be played?

Manly Boy
09-07-06, 12:00 AM
Should Origin always be played at the traditional grounds or in different places as done this year in Melbourne. I think that games should be spread around and played at various games...What do do think???

The Original Idiot
09-07-06, 10:45 AM
I feel the same way, Manly Boy, but the one thing about this world is that people hate change, there are so many traditionalists and purists that new things hardly ever get off the ground. Any attempt to regularly move games away from suncorp/olympic stadium will be quashed by the said purists.

Souths'n'Titans
09-07-06, 11:32 AM
I think it should be shared around

~Wild Child~
09-07-06, 11:41 AM
I feel the same way, Manly Boy, but the one thing about this world is that people change, there are so many traditionalists and purists that new things hardly ever get off the ground. Any attempt to regularly move games away from suncorp/olympic stadium will be quashed by the said purists.:whatd: Thats a very big generalisation...What do you mean" quashed by the said purists"?...Anyone who loves RL...would want it to be shared around in the best interests of the game...even the "traditionalists".

HodgoBerro
09-07-06, 12:25 PM
there are 2 states in the SOO

QUEENSLAND

NEW SOUTH WALES

thats where it should be played.

i didn't mind the whole Victoria thing, to try and boost numbers to the NRL games down there but the last time i checked Victoria isn't in the SOO series.

s_s_s
09-07-06, 12:31 PM
i think it should be played in different places to help promote the game and get kids involved sports

Titanium_BD1103
09-07-06, 12:36 PM
I reckon you can send a game to different areas to enable it to grow and become more popular as that is a neccessary thing.

THE THING IS DON'T SEND THE DECIDER....

The 1st and second games are fine to have elsewhere, but the Decider should belong to the teams playing in it, it is theirs and theirs alone... so they should be played in either NSW or QLD.

novacastrian_panther
09-07-06, 08:45 PM
The first and second games in each series should be rotated between QLD and NSW and the third game going to VIC.

Kallan
09-07-06, 08:47 PM
The first and second games in each series should be rotated between QLD and NSW and the third game going to VIC.
No way, Melbourne should not get a game every year... i am totally for games going down there just not every year.

Just Another Member
10-07-06, 08:59 AM
1 every 3 years it sounds like till they come good and start drawing crowds is fine. Internationals should be moved around a bit and kept away from Sydney where possible.

Townsville Titan
10-07-06, 09:52 AM
there are 2 states in the SOO

QUEENSLAND

NEW SOUTH WALES

thats where it should be played.

i didn't mind the whole Victoria thing, to try and boost numbers to the NRL games down there but the last time i checked Victoria isn't in the SOO series.

Gotta agree here. Victoria has nothing to do with the state of origin. Its like if the V8 supercars held the Bathurst race in Geelong. It wouldnt be the "Bathurst 500" then...

RIP
10-07-06, 01:31 PM
I think it should be played in Townsville between the next 5yrs or so

Dakink
10-07-06, 01:36 PM
I dont think SOO should go to Townsville - the ground just isnt big enough.

However Im all for the game being held regularly in Melbourne (not every year but every third say) to help increase the profile of the sport in the city. Id even go as far as to say Id love to see it taken to Perth or Adelaide if those two cities ever get NRL teams. I think we would be unwise not to use our greatest draw card as a too lto increase the exposure of our game in developing markets. Again not every year, but every third I think is good. Both states are willing to give up one home game every third year and SOO is such an amazing event it would help boost the game in the host cities.

Townsville Titan
10-07-06, 01:39 PM
Maybe a finals game if we want to onvolve supporters, or even a city/country match, but not state of origin.

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 01:24 PM
I think most origin games should be played in QLD because are crowd figures. The broncos homegames are leading the competition and at state of origin there wasn't a single spare seat. When it is Sydney they can hardly get a full stadium so that is why i say bring on soo in QLD