PDA

View Full Version : Give North QLD a go

The Original Idiot
06-04-06, 07:33 AM
I know Suncorp is twice the size of dairy farmers, but can you imagine the atmosphere if they took Queensland's game to Townsville? They deserve a game, seeing as Brisbane has had Queensland's game for quite a while.

Thoughts?

Dakink
06-04-06, 07:44 AM
I think thats a great idea, but I cant really see it happen. I would like one game every series or so moved around. MElbourne, Newcastle, Nth.Qld and so on. I remember when they took one game to the USA. No reason why they cant do that again!

Social Loafer
06-04-06, 11:45 AM
Would be good, but Sadly Dairy Farmers is just not big enough, playing it there over Sucorp would mean having around 20,000 less tickets.
I think some Tri-Series matches shoudl be played there and Canberra stadium, but Aussie and Suncorp seem to be getting all the matches.

Blunt_Beno
06-04-06, 12:23 PM
would be an awesom attmosphere, but like shifty said, they would lose out on alot of ticket sales so i cant see it happening.

Queenslander
06-04-06, 12:24 PM
State of Origin should always be played at Lang Park....it is one tradition of the game that we should hold onto. It is Queensland's home ground after all.

Eel 33
06-04-06, 12:25 PM
Unless of course Dairy Farmers capacity was increased to about 40000, then it might be viable.

Blunt_Beno
06-04-06, 12:31 PM
i reckon, stick with the current grounds for the first 2 games but move the third to mutual territory like WA or NT or somewhere other than QLD and NSW

DIEHARD
06-04-06, 12:35 PM
It is a great idea but sadly one that may never be realised. There is no way the QRL would move the match and lose half their gate and move a marquee match away from the corporates.

I'd like to see it happen but I think the dollar will rule the day, but at least those dollars go towards rugby league.

[BroncosGirl]
06-04-06, 01:15 PM
Why the hell would you move it to NQ? The ground is soo much smaller! As for the atmosphere, Suncorp has the best atmosphere for S.O.O, you hear people talk about how great the atmosphere at Suncorp is all the time!

Imagine all the people who would miss out on going to origin if it was moved to a smaller ground, not really fair to them either, you may get more NQ'ers there, but alot of people would miss out.

Steelers
06-04-06, 03:08 PM
It would be viable in the future if Dairy Farmers was increased to 40000ish.... just swap them every year. NQ deserves a game but can't at the moment.

RIP
06-04-06, 03:56 PM
Well in the off season there was word that they got granted a couple of million or more for a Upgrade or a new stadium, My view is why bloody not they travel so far to watch it not just 1 family Thousands of those great people come down & if they do get that upgrade etc.. why not next year for the last year the Atmostphere would be like the early 80's in lang park (No ****r###hers!!!!!!!) Go NORTH QUEENSLANDERS :yell:

[BroncosGirl]
06-04-06, 03:56 PM
Well IF they upgrade, perhaps altering games would be the best solution. For years QLD have 2 games, one in Brissie, one in NQ! I dont think removing it from Suncorp is a great thing to do, has hosted some of the best (and in terms of atmosphere) games in the apst, has a great tradition there, AND can seat the most pple!

RIP
06-04-06, 04:03 PM
BUT the last decade they have lost a great deal basicly 96-05 we need an a change NOW nsw haven't won 4 series in a row & they can't win this year or the next

[BroncosGirl]
06-04-06, 04:07 PM
... How is changing it to NQ going to help QLD win any better though, they are BOTH qld grounds. Therefore both have good QLD support, and the atmostphere at both would be great. THe QLD crowds at Suncorp are fantastic, you couldn't ask for any better.

Its up to the team, not the home ground :p

RIP
06-04-06, 04:22 PM
Qld would have so many Cowboys in the team a long side nth queensland born players & there mad supporters would get them home I've been to heaps of s.o.o. & the louder ones are coming from the nth. so if we more of those great supporters we would have more of an home advance. Not saying the Suncorpse (LANG PARK) is not a bad stadium. We need more grunt from the crowd to influence our forwards. We need to smash these guys (nsw) into tomorrow!

[BroncosGirl]
06-04-06, 04:30 PM
Coming from the Nrth? You mean Nrth Qld supporters, if oyu claim that, how do you know if they're from Nrth QLD.? I've been to several S.O.O too, I love the atmosphere in S.O.O.

They wouldn't any more of a home advantage at Nrth QLD then there already is at Suncorp. THere passionate QLD fans both ways. If you move it to Nrth QLd, plenty of brisbaners (i know its not a word :p) would make the trip anyways.

besides when the Nrth QLD players put on a Maroon jersey they are not cowboys for that night, they are maroons, just like any supporters are no longer their respective teams supporters for the night, they are Maroons. All qld fans (dpesite where they are from) can have grunt and be passionate.
Im not saying Townsville would be a bad place to have it, im just saying they should alternate you couldn't just completley take away the tradition of origin in Brisbane, wouldnt be right.

besides its not even a realistic thing atm, with the tiny stadium they have up there compared to Suncorp.

shavenjas
06-04-06, 04:56 PM
I Would rather they play a game up there than in Melbourne, why we have a game down there is beyond me i can't stand it when it is down there. You might only fit 25000 in the stadium but i recon they would make 5 times the noise that 80000 at homebush would make, it would be great for the people in the north, stuff having a game in Melbourne its QLD & NSW not VIC!!!!!

[BroncosGirl]
06-04-06, 04:59 PM
Yep i agree with it being stupid to have a game in Melbourne, I know its to expand the game more down there, you never know could be a good move. Alot of people from Sydney can easily get there!

The Original Idiot
06-04-06, 06:58 PM
']... How is changing it to NQ going to help QLD win any better though, they are BOTH qld grounds. Therefore both have good QLD support, and the atmostphere at both would be great. THe QLD crowds at Suncorp are fantastic, you couldn't ask for any better.

Its up to the team, not the home ground :p
My point was not to permanently move it to townsville but to have the odd game up there. NQ'ers deserve a game IMO. Shavenjas is probably right, you would have 10x the atmosphere at Dairy Farmers than at Homebush. Suncorp stadium will always be the home of Queensland football, but it can afford to lose one game every few years. Suncorp is easier to reach for NSW fans (me included) and NSW players admit they actually enjoy playing there (sorry, can't find the actual article. But take my word for it). Now compare that to the atmosphere you could get in Townsville.

[BroncosGirl]
06-04-06, 07:03 PM
Nah, I remember something about Finch saying that "you can get 80,000 sydney but it will never sound like it was there", something like that.

I just don't like the point of moving it, I think it would lose its appeal to many, its not S.O.O unless its at Suncorp, that stadium has so many memories. Too me Dairy Farmers doens't have the same atmosphere, just as a stadium, because it is so much smaller. No doubt the people could make a lot of noise, but with more people at Suncorp, its even more noise.

I agree it could do with maybe an odd game here or there, see how it goes after a trial one maybe, i mean they are ffs moving one to melbourne, so i don't see the harm in trying NQ :p

..::Coops::..
06-04-06, 07:07 PM
i agree with everything [Broncos Girl] said.

also who's that in ur avatar? is it corey?

[BroncosGirl]
06-04-06, 07:11 PM
Yep it is :D for some reason though everyone reckons it's hodges! :roll:

DIEHARD
06-04-06, 08:09 PM
It could happen. If maybe a sponsor underwrote the loss in ticket sales.

What would be the draw back then? It might be a viable option for a sponsor to consider.

DIEHARD
06-04-06, 08:10 PM
']Yep it is :D for some reason though everyone reckons it's hodges! :roll:

And here I was thinking it was Berrigan. :laugh:

[BroncosGirl]
06-04-06, 08:51 PM
And here I was thinking it was Berrigan. :laugh:

:rotflmao: Actually that I can see! Maybe I should put CP on there or something, coz everybody asks me who it is, and i have the same avatar on other forums too!

Eel 33
07-04-06, 10:58 AM
Well if the Victorian Government have paid for 1 game to be there for the next 5 years, id say they are the ones who would be "paying" for the loss on the empty seats. Let them do it this time, all the money will be going into RL's coffers.

shavenjas
08-07-06, 04:17 PM
Thought this is worth a new thread, alot of people are not happy about the SOO game being played in VIC, personaly i don't mind i think it is good for our game, but i could understand those in the far north not being happy, i think they should take one Origin game to North Queensland for the fanatic fans of rugby league up there, it would be awsome there is so much support in the north for the game so i think it is time to thank them with a SOO game, i think if we can take a game to Melbourne then we can give the North QLDers a go
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

~Wild Child~
08-07-06, 04:22 PM
You are on another winner Shav :win: great idea...:)

Teegy
08-07-06, 04:31 PM
without you thinkin im just agianst because its you. i thin that is a bad idea as the stadium is not equipted to handle SOO. its capacity is to low and the difficulty of getting the supporters to travel up to the game

~Wild Child~
08-07-06, 04:32 PM
without you thinkin im just agianst because its you. i thin that is a bad idea as the stadium is not equipted to handle SOO. its capacity is to low and the difficulty of getting the supporters to travel up to the gameWell hopefully that situation could be rectified?

Teegy
08-07-06, 04:34 PM
Well hopefully that situation could be rectified?
i doubt they will build a new stadium after they just redevelped their current stadium.

[BroncosGirl]
08-07-06, 04:46 PM
Agree with Teedy. The Stadium is way too small, although it would be excellent atmosphere, it simply doesn't hold the same money for the Nrl as bris, sydney and melbourne does.

Brettymac
08-07-06, 04:53 PM
Origin heartland... Godbless Townsville. Untouched by those nasty blue immigrators... The "Blues" bus may no longer be beaten up by the Caxton Street locals, I guarantee you Townsville would find a way to upset the apple cart... Nothing in blue would be safe....

~Wild Child~
08-07-06, 04:57 PM
']Agree with Teedy. The Stadium is way too small, although it would be excellent atmosphere, it simply doesn't hold the same money for the Nrl as bris, sydney and melbourne does.It's something to consider for the future...:purdy:

shavenjas
08-07-06, 05:44 PM
without you thinkin im just agianst because its you. i thin that is a bad idea as the stadium is not equipted to handle SOO. its capacity is to low and the difficulty of getting the supporters to travel up to the game
This would be for the North Queensland fans and if im not mistaken its the 21st century and its not that hard to travell to North Qld plenty went down to Melbourne but i do understand the stadium size problem.

Steelers
08-07-06, 05:57 PM
We already had a thread on this :p

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=3195

Could a mod merge please?

Teegy
08-07-06, 05:59 PM
im not 100% sure but i dont think Townsville has a very big airport. so thats what i ment about the difficulty. if im wrong then their still the problems with the stadium

Dakink
08-07-06, 06:01 PM
Gotta disagree with you there Jas, Melbourne was a promotional exercise, not only is Nth QLD League heartland - they dont have the infrastructure for a game like this. I think Internationals are more suitable to be taken to Nth QLD!

Steelers
08-07-06, 06:16 PM
Gotta disagree with you there Jas, Melbourne was a promotional exercise, not only is Nth QLD League heartland - they dont have the infrastructure for a game like this. I think Internationals are more suitable to be taken to Nth QLD!

Taking Internationals up there is a poor choice IMO... Don't we want the International game to be the pinnacle? If we do, then they should be given top facilities where possible.

Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
08-07-06, 07:05 PM
Okay guys.
I go to the Cowboys home games every time, I haven't missed one this year, and my seats are fonominal

The atmosphere is birlliant, if a bad call is made by the ref. some of the North QLDers will let everyone know (In the nicest way possible :laugh: ) If the Cowboys score, do a good hitup, tackle or run, the crowd will all comment, and I have to admit, it is the loudest football ground I have ever been to.

Now to answer the question, do we deserve an origin? You're bloody right we do, but if NRL officials have anything to do with it, we're screwed.

There's just no way in hell they'd give us one.

im not 100% sure but i dont think Townsville has a very big airport. so thats what i ment about the difficulty. if im wrong then their still the problems with the stadium
Now to answer the question about our airport, appearently our airport is bigger than Adelaides... or perhaps more advanced, i can't remember the specifics, but me dad used to work for an airline company there and that's how I got the information.

Peace out folkes.

Teegy
08-07-06, 07:08 PM
Okay guys.
I go to the Cowboys home games every time, I haven't missed one this year, and my seats are fonominal

The atmosphere is birlliant, if a bad call is made by the ref. some of the North QLDers will let everyone know (In the nicest way possible :laugh: ) If the Cowboys score, do a good hitup, tackle or run, the crowd will all comment, and I have to admit, it is the loudest football ground I have ever been to.

Now to answer the question, do we deserve an origin? You're bloody right we do, but if NRL officials have anything to do with it, we're screwed.

Now to answer the question about our airport, appearently our airport is bigger than Adelaides... or perhaps more advanced, i can't remember the specifics, but me dad used to work for an airline company there and that's how I got the information.

Peace out folkes.
thanks for the info on the airport. but the size of the stadium still is the problem. if you go by atmosphere and deserving a origin then Kogerah, Win, Penrith, parra, newcastle and many more should get one to.

shavenjas
08-07-06, 07:12 PM
thanks for the info on the airport. but the size of the stadium still is the problem. if you go by atmosphere and deserving a origin then Kogerah, Win, Penrith, parra, newcastle and many more should get one to.
Its not about grounds were talking city's , North Qld, Brisbane, sydney , Melbourne.

shavenjas
08-07-06, 07:15 PM
Okay guys.

Peace out folkes.
I agree 100%, people i have spoke to say the atmosphere up there is awsome, we here all about Suncorp but this is great to, i reckon the players would love it.

Teegy
08-07-06, 07:16 PM
Its not about grounds were talking city's , North Qld, Brisbane, sydney , Melbourne.
ok count out kogerah, parra and penrith. the rest are part of individual citys

Manly Boy
08-07-06, 07:44 PM
Yeah it could work but i think the atmosphere would be way better at Suncorp, though i think a game should be played there and for nsw games they should be played at various grounds also...

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 12:28 PM
don't bother they don't have a good enough stadium and it would be worst than playing it in melbourne

BRONCOS FAN
12-07-06, 12:34 PM
No way! the size of the cowboys stadium is too small for that large number of growed. It's comensense.. And suncorps is alot better..

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 12:42 PM
No way! the size of the cowboys stadium is too small for that large number of growed. It's comensense.. And suncorps is alot better..
exaclty what i said. Suncorp is the best stadium in the world

Titanium_BD1103
12-07-06, 01:41 PM

If this was to happen, Dairy Farmers Stadium would get a revamp so that its capacity would be around 35,000 and therefore would be adequate for a SOO game... and I reckon if we are going to ship a game to Melbourne, than why not everywhere else....

AS LONG AS ITS NOT THE DECIDER... ;)

Just Another Member
12-07-06, 01:43 PM
If this was to happen, Dairy Farmers Stadium would get a revamp so that its capacity would be around 35,000 and therefore would be adequate for a SOO game... and I reckon if we are going to ship a game to Melbourne, than why not everywhere else....

AS LONG AS ITS NOT THE DECIDER... ;)
The game was shipped to Melbourne to help create interest in the game in Melbourne. There is no problem with interest in Nth Queensland so why would you do it. 35000 isn't enough anyway.

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 03:09 PM
When you could have a full crowd of 52500 people instead of 35 000 than i'd choose the bigger one to b oost the economy

Townsville Titan
12-07-06, 03:31 PM
I think it'd b great to have an origin match in Townsville, instead of Melbourne anyway. It'd help boost the NRL support up ere for 1, and to.... its stilll in Queensland.

Dakink
12-07-06, 03:42 PM
But Townsville doesnt exactly need help with NRl support up there - Melbourne does.

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 06:39 PM
they don't deserve the right to have the great game up there. Will the man on the microphone have to change from cowboys to queensland

Hindyscrack
27-07-06, 01:33 PM
What everyone is missing is that Origin is a massive cash cow for the league... It isnt about atmosphere or what the players would like. An origin game regardless of where it is held (sydney, melb, bris) is always a great atmosphere.

Dairy Famers doesnt have the capacity, isn't an all seater and lacks the corporate facilities to host a state of origin game.

1. You are down nearly 20,000 seats
2. You lose a lot of corporate positions, comprimising major and minor sponsorhips.
3. Drop in pourage, food and beverage sales.

Regarding Melbourne
1. The game sold out over 50,000 people
2. Promotional exercise - part of gaining a new stadium in Melbourne
3. Massive corporate market - new markets for current sponsors

You need to look at it from a business perspective. Unless NQ gets a 50,000 all seater (never going to happen) we arent going to have origin in NQ.

Poida
27-07-06, 01:35 PM
I know Suncorp is twice the size of dairy farmers, but can you imagine the atmosphere if they took Queensland's game to Townsville? They deserve a game, seeing as Brisbane has had Queensland's game for quite a while.

Thoughts?
once thet new gold coast stadiums up i think they should put an origin game and a few home tests there.i love the look of the ground

travop
27-07-06, 04:59 PM
yea dairy farmers stadium is way too small though it would be a great atomosphere

Poida
27-07-06, 05:03 PM
yea dairy farmers stadium is way too small though it would be a great atomosphere
i agree. they should always have a 3rd origin grouns so it doesnt always go to telstra stadium although queensland will win there next year :mine:

Townsville Titan
27-07-06, 05:18 PM
i agree. they should always have a 3rd origin grouns so it doesnt always go to telstra stadium although queensland will win there next year :mine:

Should play the third one in Melbourne again... they did wen it was NSW's turn 2 host 2 games...

Poida
27-07-06, 05:23 PM
Should play the third one in Melbourne again... they did wen it was NSW's turn 2 host 2 games...
well the advantage went to qld anyway as nsw werent at telstra stadium .
queenslanders outnumber blues fans in melbourne.id be happy to see em go to melbourne

Townsville Titan
27-07-06, 05:55 PM
well the advantage went to qld anyway as nsw werent at telstra stadium .
queenslanders outnumber blues fans in melbourne.id be happy to see em go to melbourne

So ur sayi that QLD are playin home game 2 yrs in a row??

Poida
27-07-06, 05:57 PM
So ur sayi that QLD are playin home game 2 yrs in a row??
no no melbourne isnt a qld home ground but the support they get there is a lot like suncorp
next year looks like 2 suncorp games though.

BRONCOS FAN
28-07-06, 04:30 PM
Yeah i reakon Qld will win cause of 2 home games..

Darren Lockyer
04-08-06, 04:27 PM
If we get 2 home games then the blues can't win in the cauldron.

Poida
30-08-06, 10:34 PM

Thoughts?

id like to see the dairy farmers upgraded a bit to allow more people in to watch big games like origin.

SuperCliffy#01
31-08-06, 01:05 PM
Awesome atmosphere, but it would be a loss of revenue.cya. :ok:

Candy
13-09-06, 08:17 PM
']Why the hell would you move it to NQ? The ground is soo much smaller! As for the atmosphere, Suncorp has the best atmosphere for S.O.O, you hear people talk about how great the atmosphere at Suncorp is all the time!

Imagine all the people who would miss out on going to origin if it was moved to a smaller ground, not really fair to them either, you may get more NQ'ers there, but alot of people would miss out.

i gotta agree suncorp gives great atmosphere to all games....it would be awesome to have one in north qld.

a mate of my came up to the saints and broncos last weekend and he told me that its the best stadium he has been too...mind u he has been to ever saints game this yr

Poida
13-09-06, 08:22 PM
in a way i wished theyd left it as lang park. that ground was very intimidating and great for origin clashes.suncorp is good but i felt the old lang park had that feeling of total queensland dominance up there

Rayzr
13-09-06, 08:24 PM
i reckon, stick with the current grounds for the first 2 games but move the third to mutual territory like WA or NT or somewhere other than QLD and NSW

But why would you make a game at WA or NT ?
It's NSW VS QLD not NT VS NSW or WA VS QLD

Titan_Matchu
15-09-06, 11:04 AM
But why would you make a game at WA or NT ?
It's NSW VS QLD not NT VS NSW or WA VS QLD

He makes a good point but in saying that you need to give the whole of QLD a chance to watch this so North Queensland definetly needs some games and maybe even Robina in a couple of years. But North Queensland has a field and it really should be spread evenly between them you know it's not South East QLD V.S NSW (even though I live in the Gold Coast) it's all of Queensland they are representing and a lot of the players in the QLD team are Cowboys.

Poida
15-09-06, 01:42 PM
Yeah i reakon Qld will win cause of 2 home games..
i reckon we'll win at telstra stadium too.
we just have to improve our defence there. i understand its nsw home ground but we have support there too.

zacaroo
17-09-06, 05:45 AM
taking it to dairy farmers would wreck the atmos with not enough people there

Titan_Matchu
17-09-06, 07:24 AM
taking it to dairy farmers would wreck the atmos with not enough people there

Yeh but your going to get more people there then in melbourne and they still went to melbourne.

Queenslander
17-09-06, 09:16 AM
Yeh but your going to get more people there then in melbourne and they still went to melbourne.

Ummm....they had a sell out in Melbourne, over 55,000 people went to Game III in Melbourne this year (Thats a bigger crowd than the game at Lang Park this year). Currently Dariy Farmers could not match that type of crowd.

Robbie_Dee
17-09-06, 05:41 PM
Playing up at townsville is a great idea but i dont think it will happen coz it's all about the money and nthqld doesnt have capacity of Suncorp. I'd like to see it happen, they sent it to melbourne, so to be fair, at least 1 game should be sent up north. and with what you said zacaroo, townsville has a population of what...nearly 200,000 ppl... they get crowds of 25000 ppl every week and melboune has a population of what...over 3 million, on average they get like 12000 every week. it wouldnt wreck the atmosphere coz a lot more people enjoy nrl in north queensland.

Social Loafer
17-09-06, 08:58 PM
Wow can't believe this thread is still going 5 months on :laugh:

End of the day it is simple, Townsville does not have the facilities to host Origin (is Dairy Farmers even an all seater?)...

Ofcourse the atmosphere would still pretty good, but it simply can not match that of Suncorp- (the best Rugby League Stadium in the World)

If you want to play the Origin at Suncorp, then I could dargue playing the Origin at Canberra Stadium- we have a great stadium, sure it is 60,000 less seats thenm Telstra, but a full Canberra Stadium has a great atmosphere... (Plus playing it in Canberra would remind those a$$ clowns at channel 9 that the town actually exists and has a rugby League side)

End of the day it is simply not viable....

Poida
17-09-06, 09:05 PM
yeh theyd have to upgrade it intensely.
i mean having finals games for cowboys up there is a different thing. its the local team.
i liked when they had 2004 semi up there

PROMETHEUS
12-10-06, 08:55 PM
I dont think having the game at Dairy Farmers would be fair to NSW supporters as it would mean having to travel further (cost etc) and it would basically mean the crowd would be Nth Qld,Brissie and Titans supporters! :')

Boofhead
13-10-06, 02:09 PM
simple answer, no.

ta. :cop:

W.I.L.T
13-10-06, 11:09 PM

Thoughts?
Probably be about half the atmosphere of suncorp. :cool:

Robbie_Dee
14-10-06, 08:17 AM
Probably be about half the atmosphere of suncorp. :cool:ok...obviously you havnt been to dairy farmers for big game.

W.I.L.T
14-10-06, 09:39 AM
ok...obviously you havnt been to dairy farmers for big game.
I was kidding, but seriously there would be no point in the NRL moving a S.O.O game to Townsville, there would not be as much money in ticket sales etc.

Robbie_Dee
14-10-06, 10:57 AM
yeah, not enough money, thats unfortunately why it wont get moved to townsville.

I dont think having the game at Dairy Farmers would be fair to NSW supporters as it would mean having to travel further (cost etc) and it would basically mean the crowd would be Nth Qld,Brissie and Titans supporters! :')yeah and having it at melbourne was unfare to qlders!!! but hey, i aint complaining, qld won:D

Poida
14-10-06, 10:59 AM
yeah, not enough money, thats unfortunately why it wont get moved to townsville.
yeah and having it at melbourne was unfare to qlders!!! but hey, i aint complaining, qld won:D
lol not really unfair to queensland.
i think the queenslanders down there deserve to see an origin game there once in a while.

Robbie_Dee
14-10-06, 11:01 AM
yeah but what i meant was its unfare to the qld supporters that live in QLD...if we moved origin up to townsville, thats like saying it isnt unfare to NSW coz there supporters up there deserve to see a game.

Poida
14-10-06, 11:03 AM
oh ok i get ya now.
like i said townsville should be for cowboys games, finals etc

Cowboy Titan
14-10-06, 11:10 AM
']Why the hell would you move it to NQ? The ground is soo much smaller! As for the atmosphere, Suncorp has the best atmosphere for S.O.O, you hear people talk about how great the atmosphere at Suncorp is all the time!

I've been lucky enough to have been at both games at DFS when the Cowboys have beaten the Broncos (2004 & 2006) and the atmosphere at Suncorp has had nothing on what it was like at DFS. The place was rocking big time.

The plan is to get the capacity back up to 30,000 by 2008. All they have to do is double the ticket price and they'll get the same gate takings. As a one off they'd have no problem packing the stadium even with huge ticket prices.

Poida
14-10-06, 11:13 AM
what they also need is crowds to stop leaving after halftime in a game
example bulldogs v cowboys round 22

Robbie_Dee
14-10-06, 11:18 AM
I've been lucky enough to have been at both games at DFS when the Cowboys have beaten the Broncos (2004 & 2006) and the atmosphere at Suncorp has had nothing on what it was like at DFS. The place was rocking big time.

The plan is to get the capacity back up to 30,000 by 2008. All they have to do is double the ticket price and they'll get the same gate takings. As a one off they'd have no problem packing the stadium even with huge ticket prices.yeah, exactly, they would have no problem with getting fans in for double price for a one off game. and as you said, the atmosphere at DFS is electric, people that have never been there can't judge. I moved down to toowoomba, so i havnt been there for a while, does steve price still pump up the crowd over the loud speakers during the game? Not many other grounds do that, it all ads to the atmosphere. And the stadium isnt all that small...people just assume that because its not ratted as high as the big ones (suncorp, aussie stadium, telstra etc.), that its tiny and cant draw a decent crowd, this isnt the case, its a decent sized stadium...30,000 by next year...not that small at all really.

W.I.L.T
14-10-06, 02:04 PM
If the third origin had've been in NSW like it should have been then NSW would have won, they were ripped off. Next year QLD will get 2 games at Suncorp, NSW should've got 2 games at Telstra.

Robbie_Dee
14-10-06, 02:18 PM
If the third origin had've been in NSW like it should have been then NSW would have won, they were ripped off. Next year QLD will get 2 games at Suncorp, NSW should've got 2 games at Telstra.Melbourne was neutral territary and if it was anyones homeground, it would have been NSW. But it probably is a bit unfare in that this year qld get 2 home games when last year nsw only got 1.

Titan_Matchu
14-10-06, 05:06 PM
Look if QLD is getting two home games they should play one in Twonsville I mean all seriousness theres a lot of people up there that would like to see it. If it doesn't go well then they can just go back to Suncorp but at least "Give North QLD a Go"!

Robbie_Dee
14-10-06, 05:07 PM
Look if QLD is getting two home games they should play one in Twonsville I mean all seriousness theres a lot of people up there that would like to see it. If it doesn't go well then they can just go back to Suncorp but at least "Give North QLD a Go"!I like your thinking, i couldnt agree more.

jenny
14-10-06, 05:08 PM
Look if QLD is getting two home games they should play one in Twonsville I mean all seriousness theres a lot of people up there that would like to see it. If it doesn't go well then they can just go back to Suncorp but at least "Give North QLD a Go"!
Its a shame alot of people who cant make it down miss out....That goes for both Teams! But i suppose it comes down to Neutral Territory!

Poida
14-10-06, 06:46 PM
you convinced me mate :guit: :p

Boofhead
14-10-06, 07:01 PM
Why play at some mediocre stadium when you can play at the best stadium in Queensland and Australia?

Robbie_Dee
14-10-06, 07:27 PM
Why play at some mediocre stadium when you can play at the best stadium in Queensland and Australia?For something different, let the fans up north experience some of the best action in league.