PDA

View Full Version : Titans trial game news

Super Cronk
05-07-06, 10:14 AM
I was talking to a bloke over at the Storm forum and he was saying yesterday at the SOO/Storm luncheon that he was chatting to Steve Turner and Turner mentioned that the Storm will play the Titans in a trial match next year at Coffs Harbour.

More details will come later on possible next year when the trial announcements are made.

Hoppy2007Dragons
05-07-06, 10:25 AM
Unreal, what a game for a trial match although the problem with trial matches is they cna raise supporter expectation and when the season starts it all comes crashing down,

for eg, Souths beat St George this year to win the charity shield, and look how their season has played out.

lonegull
05-07-06, 10:49 AM
good to see

DeeGan
05-07-06, 06:42 PM
I will see what I can confirm if anything ...

Cheers

PROMETHEUS
05-07-06, 08:25 PM
Playing a trial match against penrith at carrara on march 17th

DeeGan
05-07-06, 09:54 PM
We did have some news here re: the trials from Dakink ... again, I will see if I can get 100% clarification. From memory we had three games set though I am not certain they were definite at this point.

Titanium_BD1103
05-07-06, 09:56 PM
Playing a trial match against penrith at carrara on march 17th

When is the season starting next season... I thought the NRL season started in Early march... like around my birthday.... is it starting later next year....

Eel 33
06-07-06, 10:32 AM
Oooooohhhhh!!!! Kick off is getting closer!!!

Super Cronk
17-07-06, 01:59 PM
Its confirmed in the telegraph today that:

..The titans will make their debut in coffs harbour during february with a pre-season game vs Melbourne . Trials agianst penrith and parramatta will follow

Blunt_Beno
19-07-06, 09:49 PM
i wont them to come up bundaberg way

Steve Dangerous
20-07-06, 09:32 AM
good to see them spreadin the love over the reigon.

Brycey
27-07-06, 06:22 PM
I make frequent trips to Coffs. I'll be making sure I'm there!

..::Coops::..
20-10-06, 12:32 PM
in the courier mail today it had an article "storm back on horizon for broncos"

i can't find a link 4 it but,
the article says Broncos will play storm at olympic park in a trial on feb 17th.

BUT later in teh article in goes on to say Titans will play three trials
Melbourne at Coffs Harbour Feb 17th
Parramatta at Lismore feb 24th
Penrith at CarraraMarch 2nd

sooo... my questions are,
is this a mistake? is the storm v broncos game meant to be some other weekend?
or are teh storm playing both teams on the 17th, with one team obviously being a much weaker team? (unlikely but possible) and which team would play the titans - the stronger team?

i'm thinking it must be a mistake, any storm fans know the answer??

Nathalie
20-10-06, 12:41 PM
Its confirmed in the telegraph today that:..The titans will make their debut in coffs harbour during february with a pre-season game vs Melbourne . Trials agianst penrith and parramatta will follow

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! :]

That should be fun. Standing around in the heat being eight months preggers lol.. But hey, I'll do it for sure if I can get tickets! :D

qld power
20-10-06, 04:09 PM
yah roll on season 2007

Steve
21-10-06, 07:18 AM
Oh boy.
Trial vs the Panthers. :D
I'll have to cheer for both teams! But a bit harder for the Panthers. ;)

Should be a good trial too to see how the public transport to Carrara holds up.
Trial match I went to early this year, it was atrocious.

titansroostersfan
21-10-06, 09:52 AM
Usually redcliffe hold a trail game every 2nd year so hopefully broncos v titans game at redcliffe would be great. Now that brocnos is with the redcliffe as a feeder club.