PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite origin moment

nrl 4 life
04-07-06, 10:02 AM
Hey everyone
With origin tomorrow night what is your favourite origin moment? Post away

Manly Boy
04-07-06, 12:09 PM
When Shaun Timmins won SoO for nsw with a 40m left-footed field goal. That was awesome...

..::Coops::..
04-07-06, 01:01 PM
When Shaun Timmins won SoO for nsw with a 40m left-footed field goal. That was awesome...

that has got to be one of my worst!!

matt bowen - extra time golden point try!!
alfie langer - returning from england to play
billy slater try - was pretty sweet too!!
gordon tallis - brett hodgson ragdoll
the king and mg face to face
and..... that mircale try.
ahhhh.... the memories, how i love state of origin!!!!!!!

DeeGan
04-07-06, 10:18 PM
Allan Langer coming back for game three of the 2001 Origin Series in which he led Queensland to victory with a stunning display totally outclassing Brett Kimmorley. Darren Lockyer was also in sparkling form scoring a double from fullback picking up the most least talked about man of the match performance in Origin history.

Titanium_BD1103
05-07-06, 08:56 AM
Um Coops... I am sure we will get the World Cup in Australia before 2056... :laugh: :laugh:

Ok back onto the topic.... there are so many... but to name 3

- The thrashing of QLD at Stadium Australia at the hands of one Ryan Girdler
- The Field Goal by Timmins in extra time
- The Goal from the sideline in the pouring rain to win NSW SOO by one Michael O' Connor... I may have been a very young kid then, but it still reigns as one of my greatest Origin memories... :)

I am surprised none of you QLD'ers have mentioned Dane Carlaw's intercept try to win you SOO, that would go down as one of the worst moments in Origin for me... we were so close to winning that game, then boom he races 90m to score... :( :(

..::Coops::..
05-07-06, 12:25 PM
Um Coops... I am sure we will get the World Cup in Australia before 2056... :laugh: :laugh:

:topic: yeah i hope so!! it's just in reference to something one of the players said(i think it was that guy who couldn't play in the cup cos he got injured) he said australiais only a young country and in about 50 years
sorry back to the topic
also good memory when andrew johns got smashed by the guy - you allknow what i'm talking bout right?

Flanker/5-8
05-07-06, 01:06 PM
Gorden Tallis pulling Hodgo around like a ragdoll.

Dakink
05-07-06, 01:27 PM
Even though I am Blue through and through;

Mark Coyne's try to seal a QLD win at the death. I hated him and loved him then!

Teegy
05-07-06, 01:30 PM
Even though I am Blue through and through;

Mark Coyne's try to seal a QLD win at the death. I hated him and loved him then!

:win:cant get better than a legendary dragons and QLDer winning it in the last minute.

lonegull
05-07-06, 02:01 PM
Jamie Goddards downing Andrew Johns like a bag of potatoes
Also when ever Wally Lewis Played the king what a great player an immortal a champion i could go on forever long live the KING

jenny
05-07-06, 03:07 PM
Tonight when the blues win :purdy:

Flanker/5-8
06-07-06, 07:10 AM
That Lockyer try.

What a champion.

Teegy
06-07-06, 07:44 AM
Tonight when the blues win :purdy:

i see you got that one wrong :p:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

jenny
06-07-06, 08:36 AM
The End :dead: LOL

jenny
06-07-06, 08:37 AM
i see you got that one wrong :p:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:') :') :upset: :topic: :peace:

Kallan
06-07-06, 10:09 AM
Last Night's game will rate up near the top :)
Brent Tate's try was so similar to the one he scored against manly, i think he ran further for the manly one though.
Mogg's try was just spectacular :)
Lockyers try was luck but it won us the game :)

Brettymac
06-07-06, 10:46 AM
Last Night's game will rate up near the top :)
Brent Tate's try was so similar to the one he scored against manly, i think he ran further for the manly one though.
Mogg's try was just spectacular :)
Lockyers try was luck but it won us the game :)

Luck or no Luck, he was all over that pill like a fat kid to smartie. Read it brilliantly. Again the call of that try from the commentators was special. Rabs "They cant take this away from him".

jenny
06-07-06, 10:49 AM
Luck or no Luck, he was all over that pill like a fat kid to smartie. Read it brilliantly. Again the call of that try from the commentators was special. Rabs "They cant take this away from him".
ROFLMAO :)

DeeGan
06-07-06, 10:51 AM
Allan Langer coming back for game three of the 2001 Origin Series in which he led Queensland to victory with a stunning display totally outclassing Brett Kimmorley. Darren Lockyer was also in sparkling form scoring a double from fullback picking up the most least talked about man of the match performance in Origin history.

The last quarter of game three in 2006 just joined my list in particular the jubilation when our captain scored the matchwinner! :D Brent Tate's try was also one of the best I have seen at Origin level ... speed kills :D

jenny
06-07-06, 10:56 AM
The last quarter of game three in 2006 just joined my list in particular the jubilation when our captain scored the matchwinner! :D Brent Tate's try was also one of the best I have seen at Origin level ... speed kills :D
:') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :')

Supergoose
06-07-06, 11:09 AM
Dry your eyes princess, there's always next year and that's the beauty of origin. Bring it on again. Now for the Dragons to miss the GF again or perhaps make it and get smashed by the Broncos that would top off a great year in Rugby League.

jenny
06-07-06, 11:11 AM
Dry your eyes princess, there's always next year and that's the beauty of origin. Bring it on again. Now for the Dragons to miss the GF again or perhaps make it and get smashed by the Broncos that would top off a great year in Rugby League.

*sniffle sniffle* Thankyou goose :kiss: lol ;)

~Wild Child~
06-07-06, 11:33 AM
Dry your eyes princess, there's always next year and that's the beauty of origin. Bring it on again. Now for the Dragons to miss the GF again or perhaps make it and get smashed by the Broncos that would top off a great year in Rugby League.:D :D :D ...You are right Supergoose.....:D :D :D

shavenjas
06-07-06, 11:45 AM
Supergoose i like your way of thinkin!!!!!!!!! that would make my year.